Selena Gomez ‘Being Among Such AMAZING Musicians Is An Honor.’

Selena Gomez chatted to MTV about Kiss & Tell: ‘I don’t think I have to write every song to have it be personal. The entire record, I can relate to each and every one of the songs, because I probably went through 110 songs to have on the record.’

Each song had her seal of approval: ‘I wanted to make sure, A) I can relate to it, and B) My fans can relate to it and it’s something that I went through. And all of those songs are things that I went through, and that’s why I put that all together.’

I went to Target the other day, and I saw my face on a CD, and that was the weirdest thing to me. I am so happy. I have been working on it for a good two years now, so for it to finally be out is this huge thing lifted off my chest, and it feels amazing. I hope my fans like it.’

Facebook message: Thank you all who supported the album release, #9 on the billboard! and being among such amazing musicians is an honor. Thank you to all of you. Don’t forget to vote on the top ten Facebook promo you can vote everyday until October 11th. More videos under!

• ……….

Kelsey! said:

Love her! I also think more of her fans should support her music carrer because it makes her happy and it’s one of her dreams. yes it might be a side project but she also loves it! Also don’t worry she’s got a lot of respect in the actign industry already so don’t use that as an excuse. SUPPORT Selena:)
    ———————————————

yah i’m buying it!! i love how the songs are soo catchy and some of them are just unbelievable=i wont apologize <3

• ash

and miley is?

• Adam

Oh God .. I love Selena but it’s best if she doesn’t have posts on OU. Almost 80% of the users here are obsessed with Miley and hate her, and as a fan, it’s irritating to see so much hate on such a nice person. She basically complimented Miley, because Miley is on the chart too, and she said AMAZING ARTISTS .. but no, haters will still pull whatever insult they can out of their asses. Stop hating and congratulate. If you hate her album this much, go try out for Disney, get your own damn tv show, win an Emmy for it, record an album and see if you make it, since you guys make it out to be SO EASY, and hate her so much for accomplishing that. Twats.

That comment is EPIC WIN!

• jjjonasss

zZzzZzzZZZZzZZzZ .. dude.

• Lorena

Good for her :)

• Anonym

Oh its Nick Jonas lol.. Hey Nick its Miley .. Call me! ;)

• Brangelina

I would be happy if I saw my album next to amazing singers too.

• ~

• Brangelina

You’re not a very good pitcher.
    I’m hot.
    Bye.
    Hello Nicholas.

• MyselfYeah

fgh

• –savannah

Her face was very, very white and her clothes were very, very meh.

• Mike Hunt

I personally like Selena, I like her songs and her voice on the album really isn’t that bad. I know it was digitally enhanced or whatevs but I enjoy her songs and she seems really down-to-earth and sincere. I love the picture where she’s in the middle of a group hug with all her younger fans. Another thing I like about her is that fact that she isn’t like embarrassed that she has younger fans, you know? I find Miley and Demi and them (although I love them) I find they try to appeal to older audiences, they try to be more than Disney. Which is great, yeah, but I respect Selena for embracing the fact that the majority of her fans are younger :)

• abcedef

Honor Society went from #18 to #182 in a week. Wanna make a bet Selena does the same? Selena is NOT better than HS!

Nick Jonas – said:

You’re not a very good pitcher.
    I’m hot.
    Bye

lmao

• Mandy.

Just stop. I dont come to Selena post to read about anyone else. i come to read about her so if ur off topic u can gtfo

• Ano

abcedef said:

18 – 182 ???

WTF!!!

• Brangelina

oh wow. Poor Honor Society.

• sos

Nicky, its me Miles. Stay away from motha effing Courtney or I knock your teeth straight. Love you forever baby boo!

• demifan4lyfeee

it’s weird how the selena fans are always the ones who bring up miley and then get pissed when other people talk about her.

• @_@

ugh i thought jackie was banned -__-
    anyway selena please stick to acting for the love of god

• Brangelina

LMAO!

• abcedef

oh wow. Poor Honor Society._- I love them too! Whats worse.. It was the biggest drop of album last week. JB must be pissed too.

oh wow. Poor Honor Society.

now i feel bad

• abcedef
  • Kelsey!

• Brangelina

I can’t imagine JB mad. They always seem so calm and happy. They don’t seem like the screaming type.

• @_@

ok? who cares. they were lucky to even get on the chart seeing as they’re not on a major label and didn’t have any promotion at all in the us. i like their album though.

• Cata_loves_miley

oh wow. Poor Honor Society.

seriously?!?? That sucks so much for them! aww even though i’ve literally never heard any of their songs, that sucks. poor them :(

but yeah, i guess congrats to selena, even though i did not buy the album because i prefer her acting over singing.

:D

• @_@

i like selena but i refuse to support her singing when we all know that the only reason she has a record deal is because of who she is

that’s just stupid

• ~

Honor Society sucks ass. Real talk, I don’t even listen to Selena’s music but I’d listen to that over Honor Society any day.

• demifan4lyfeee

Kelsey! said:

***

I get what you’re saying, but i don’t think that fans should HAVE to support something just because the person they’re a fan of likes it.

Like, if Selena started doing drugs, but it “made her happy” you wouldn’t support it. I know that’s an extreme example, but you know what i mean, right?

but the people who are saying she is awful blahblahblah are just being stupid. everyone has their own special talent but it doesn’t mean they can’t try other things too.

• @_@

you need better taste

Jb =/= saints :)

• Mandy.

Haha lmao rofl lol so funny especially since this post has NOTHING to do with them. dumb bitches

• Cata_loves_miley

haha this turned into an honor society post :P

• spongebob is awesome

Anonymousdsfbgrthbq said:

Are you kidding?! Selena’s acting is WAY BETTER than Miley/Demi/JB put together!!!
    ——————
    i never said her acting was better than anyones and no im not kidding.

• renee

what a loser shes 9 on billboard thats worse then any disney star has ever done not saying it was terible but its still bad for her being well known and how much she puroted
    it face it sel fans shes not populer and shill never be is populer is any big artist
    and her acting and tv show are just ok thats what everybudy sais about her shes just ok

• emma

does she have to be so boring? every post about her is like ‘selena saves the children’ and ‘selena loves her fans’. no disrespect but shes dulll and has no spunk

• spongebob is awesome

i know right i mean yeh shes pretty but come on to me shes really dull.no hate intended.

• renee

i dont like her

• spongebob is awesome

ive always thought her acting was average.

• spongebob is awesome

ive always thought her acting was average.

• devorah

selena is dull everyone knows that

• ash

love herr why would u pick miley over her?

• chelcea

shes so fake

• Anonymousdsfbgrthbq

Are you STUPID or something? Selena’s album sold 66,000k! that’s a lot more than what Ashley Tisdale’s and Vanessa Hudgens’ sold! #9 is pretty damn impressive considering the tough competition.

And her acting is amazing. She’s a WAY BETTER ACTRESS than Miley, Demi, and JB put together.

and her show WON AN EMMY! So shut the fuck up!

You’re just a fucking hater!

• casie

i dont like her shes seems really boring

• MileyDemiAshleyftw

and her show WON AN EMMY! So shut the fuck up!

You’re just a fucking hater!
    um Ashley FRIST album sold 69,000 copies and went #5. and went GOLD (so did vanessa’s FIRST ALBUM!)

• missj

she is not a musician she cnat sing it was in entertainment last week or this week they said it i agree 100%

• Anonymousdsfbgrthbq

Speak for yourself, you moron. I hate how people mistake Selena’s classiness from blandness. NEWSFLASH! She can be calm and mature at times, but she can also be funny and silly in her own way. So back off bitch!!

• WTF WTH

NO THIS TALENTLESS BITCH IS PUSHING HER RELIGIOUS BELIEFS ON OTHERS THROUGH HER TWEETS!

WHO THE FUCK DOES SHE THINK SHE IS?

DONT PUSH YOUR BELIEFS ON OTHERS SELENA SOME OF YOUR FANS MAY TAKE OFFENSE TO IT.

• Anonymousdsfbgrthbq

• WTF WTH

AND REALLY TWO YEARS FOR THAT PIECE OF SHIT DEBUT? REALLY SOUNDS LIKE TWO MONTHS OF AUTO-TUNE.

TWO YEARS?

• D

i bet she will.. that happens all the time.. especially for teeny-bopper bands. they have a small, dedicated fan-base. who obviously buys their cd the first day it comes out, or second. but always in the first week. then after that, no one buys the cd.

• Jenni

her makeup looked fantastic in the interveiw!
    i love her.

• selgomezfan14kay

i love her she is so cute … and i can go on and on :)

• Jazzie

haha selena is so funny and sweet =]
    xD made my day ~ well kinda…
    too sleepy to be that excited lolz

• randomstar

its really lame that most people hate her on the site

• - Blair Waldorf -

Congratulations Selena! I love it…

• Anonamas

GO GIRL.

• andreaVeronika

selena is amazing

• asdn

HAHAHAHA SHE SAID I’VE BEEN WORKING ON MY FACE FOR TWO YEARS NOW…….. LIKE SHE’S BEEN GETTING PLASTIC SURGERY AND TRYING TO MAKE HER FACE PRETTIER!!!! LMAO.
    THAT’S WHAT IT SOUNDED LIKE:D

• ohhhish

don’t you think ocean up should post this video??

don’t you think ocean up should post this video??

don’t you think ocean up should post this video??

don’t you think ocean up should post this video??

• mandeeeeeeee

I don’t understand how is that you people think she a good actriss when she acting like alex in all her facial expression on the interviews.

She is herself that why her acting is average.

• rainbowsprinkles

congrats to sel on her album

• daily quotes

“Don’t be bitter,it’s the first instinct of the weak”-victoria west

• caseylovesjb

FUCKING HATTTEEEEE YOUUUUUU

• bbgood

Where can some get updated info on Mileys Ep sales please. Like to see if she went gold yet.

• zomg.

it went gold this week.

• Stewie

She went gold yesterday or the day before.

• zomg.

honor society’s okay. they have a couple of good songs. i feel like they try too hard to be jb sometimes. the “my own way” song is pretty nice.

• hilary

What a cute little robot.

Anyway has anyone heard the new Gaga song? Loves it.

i fucking love lady gaga

• avery

There’s a new Lady Gaga song? Link please?

• Send It On

awwwwwwwwww she is so pretty

• hilary

it went gold this week.

im so Happy!

• ——

Ignore the DJ who interjects every five seconds.

• 1998

THX for the Video

looove her!

go SEL u rocks the wold!!!!!!!

• Selena12345

bbgood said:

Last I read it was close to 500,000 copies sold.

LOL @ Selena, Mitchel’s single was higher than hers on Billboard, w/o any promotion like she did.. and Miley sold just as much albums over 3 days than it took her one week to do.. LOL. FAIL.

• Kelsey!

I know Oceanup should post this! It’s for a good cause and post a linkw here to donate.

• bbyarm

wow she really gorgeous….and has alot of natural beauty

• :/

shes nice.shes a great actress and a ok singer.and shes really pretty. why do people hate her again?

• bbgood

it went gold this week.

im so Happy!…WHY DOESN’T POST THAT??

• Chelsea-Rose

You’re not a very good pitcher.
    I’m hot.
    Bye.

—————————-

Haha, hey Nick :)

• kekebutt

it wouldnt matter if she only sold 10 copies bc its mre than u…..it wouldnt matter if she only made a thousand dollars..its still more than any of us….so no matter wat the case is she is still doing better (career wise) than any of us here……..so yea wat now

• Mileyfan12345

bbgood said:

it went gold this week.

im so Happy!…WHY DOESN’T POST THAT??

• DinoGirl

Has anyone listened to Selena’s song Naturally?

It’s kinda catchy.
    But I can’t help but laugh so hard at the “Bay Bay Bay” part.

Because it reminds me of The South Park episode with the Jonas Brothers.
    Where they’re like “Bay Bay BAAAAY.”
    xD

• ……….

Anonymous.* said:

Aww, I loved when the interviewer asked her if she is into twilight and her answered to that question was… she didn’t know about twilight until she met Taylor. And the interviewer asked her if she is team Edward or team Jacob then her responded to that… “Team Jacob.”

———————————————

i know!!! that was the cutest!!! Sel & him look so good together! couple or not

• avery

Great song!

• Mandy.

Lol at u feeling the need to bring Selena down to make others look better. If any other disney star was up against the competition Selena was they wouldnt have even cracked the top 20 so stfu!

• memeweewee

jelousy is sad and pathetic

lol mandy you are delusional

• bbgood

Mileyfan12345 said:
    bbgood said:

it went gold this week.

im so Happy!…WHY DOESN’T POST THAT??

Because oceanup is biased and loves Demi and Selena and would prefer to post every shitty rumor and blog article about miley and not positive stuff.. … Awww thats NOT fair

• sunset

zomg. said:

it was about miley

• ash

yea! thats what i was wondering why nothing about her cd…

• bbgood

Wow Perez is posting all this cutesy stuff about Selena but wont say anything about her album. hmmm

• keanebaddream

The only songs I like on Selena’s album are Naturally and I Won’t Apologize so I’m not surprised she said those are her favs. Everything else sounds the same. The Way I Loved You sounds like it had so much potential but failed miserably.

I’m wondering though…did Nick really try to change or did she feel like she had to change for him? Because in the video, she said that he tried to change her pretty much.

O/T but Miley needs to put out “when I look at you” as a single.

• Emily Ford

Wow, I’m really surprised she made it up on the charts. Congrats.

• selenaSweetwhoreMiley

selena is a mazing shes the best singer eevveerr and actress too!! miley is just a fake altist who does RETERDED dances! selena is wayyyyy better than miley! but wayyy better!! Love you selly! and NELENA forever niley whatever! <3

• keanebaddream

You have to be kidding me, right? Miley was up agaisnt Jay-Z and Whitney Houston and she did exceptionally well.

• Anonymous.*

• Optimus Prime

haha soo uhmmm not to bring this up but people were talking about why Nick and Miley arent dating anymore… and it was so sudden and stuff in the other post…

I dont know what happened but they did seem upset about it.
    They seem to not be friends and ignoring eachother and stuff… I dont think it was the whole “We are better off friends our love is gone” because they would still be best friends like before but they arent… so i think they got into a fight or something and broke up i personally think they still have feeling for eachother maybe but i dont think they are friends right now… but when they are off of tour theyll probably become friends and i dont think they can JUST be friends… ya know.. but i thought i would share that haha
    gotta go back to school bahaha bye

• abcdefg

There is a time for everyone
    Where they decide who they’ll become
    The leap of faith provides a heart
    I know that I can go beyond

It’s a long way up
    But I fall this time

I’ll sing for the broken-hearted
    I’ll sing for the dreams that won’t come true
    The music won’t stop playing
    Tonight I sing for you
    I’ll dream about the place we started
    Hold onto the past we can’t undo
    The music kept on playing
    Tonight I sing for you
    Sing for you

Yeah, she kept goin’
    I never thought that you’re not alone
    I won’t be safe till I come home

Try and lift my heart
    And my soul

I’ll sing for the broken-hearted
    I’ll sing for the dreams that won’t come true
    The music won’t stop playing
    Tonight I sing for you
    I’ll dream about the place we started
    Hold onto the past we can’t undo
    The music kept on playing
    Tonight I sing for you

I’ll sing for the ones who have fallen
    I’ll sing ’cause there’s nothing left to lose
    Cause I know that they’re your dreams too
    Sing it all for you
    I’ll dream about the place we started
    Hold onto the past I can’t undo
    The music kept on playing
    Tonight we sing for you

Woah oh Woah oh oh oh
    Woah oh Woah oh oh
    Woah oh Woah oh oh oh
    Tonight we sing for you
    Woah oh Woah oh oh oh
    Woah oh Woah oh oh
    Woah oh Woah oh oh oh
    Tonight we sing
    Tonight we sing

ITS ABOUT MILEY!

• cyrussupport

I dont know what happened but they did seem upset about it.
    gotta go back to school bahaha bye

hello this is a selena post

• Stewie

So do you think she’ll want to make another album, and if so, do you think HR will let her?

• Emily Ford

She’ll probably want to. They’ll probably let her because they want money. But I don’t know why she keeps embarrassing herself.

• miss k

i love selena and im offically apopting her in my family. selena you are my little sister lol i love her, she just amazing!!!(:

• Anonymousdsfbgrthbq

Embarrassing herself? How is she embarrassing herself if her album did fairly well on the billboard? and I heard that you actually like a couple of her songs. So wtf?

• cam

it was really funny

• Nick Jonas -

You’re not a very good pitcher.
    I’m hot.
    Bye.

• 1234567890

oh hey, Nick
    what’s up?

• Mike Hunt

post naked pictures of yourself.

• raina

dude seriously get over yourself….you’re a pathetic person who can act but not sing and then acts really cool cause you’ve got a record.. stop talking music you’re voice is so weird

• mandeeeeeeee

Top concert tickets (Ticketmaster)

1. Miley Cyrus 2. Metallica 3. American Idols Live! 4. Keith Urban 5. AC/DC 6. Kings of Leon 7. So You Think You Can Dance 8. Dave Matthews Band 9. Britney Spears 10. James Taylor

• ftwjvx=)

will Miley be at Kevin’s wedding??

• pauli

sel is so gorgeous, talented, down to earth and definitely shes 1000000000000000000000000000000000000 better than slutty extremly ugly and fat vyrus,….

• HUH

WWAAATTT? selena never made it onto billboard!

• Anonymousrttrrtrt

1st?
    love herrr

• Anonymous bitchh

i like selena
    but here comes the haters… :/

• RENEES

OMG FREAAAAAAAKIN 1

• wewgl;jasl;ek ghavksejdf

2nd.

Stick to acting

• Mandy.

Congrats. Love u selly baby. I LOVE the album!

• ssexybeast

She’s awesome

• Anonym

Tim must be on a commission basis with Selena! Ok, I wanna see if he post when Miley goes GOLD today.

• HUH

oh well, i still support her :)

• —-

What a cute little robot.

Anyway has anyone heard the new Gaga song? Loves it.

• zomg.

i love no way! wish a better quality would leak though.

• @_@

THIS IS MY HOUSE AND I WON’T ALLOW THIS DISRESPECT >:(

lol

yeah i like it a lot though

• msoceanupwhaat?!
  • Brangelina

Jb =/= saints :)

I know but I have a hard time picturing them being pissed or having a screaming match.

• abcedef

I like Where are you now? great song..

• .teamjonas.

~ said:

i <3 HONOR SOCIETY

• Commercial

I LOOVEHER SO MUCH

her album is so GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!