Nick J ‘Not Bad Having Many Female Fans’

Nick Jonas chatted with Daily Record about his solo career and how his brothers are handling it: ‘If there’s something we disagree on, we’ll have a conversation about it. But it’s not an immature kind of ‘I’m right and I’m gonna be stubborn about it’ way. We’re open to each other’s comments. We have a great respect for each other. And we never forget that we are family. Our common passion is music. That really binds us together.’

Wise words for all X Factor hopefuls: ‘I think a lot of younger artists today just try to be famous first and a good musician or actor second. They have their priorities mixed up. Ray Charles once said, ‘I don’t want to be famous, I just want to be great. That comes close to our mantra in life.

A lot of fans come up to me and say, ‘I’m a songwriter. I want to be a musician one day. That’s what I love to hear, when somebody says, ‘I want to be a musician’, ‘I want to be an artist’, or ‘I want to be an actor’, as opposed to ‘I want to be famous’. When you are whole-hearted about what you do in life, and I’ve always strived to be the best I can be, that’s the attitude you should have.’

On the music he likes: ‘I’m a big fan of The Zutons and Kings Of Leon. There is a bunch of bands that I like, but the Kanye West album is really great. And there is this band called Leland who are really wonderful, too.’ Nick laughed when asked about having a serious girlfriend: ‘At the end of the day, I’m still in high school. And to think that people are interested in my high school relationships is kind of funny. For us, we’re very flattered by the fact that we have a lot of female fans. It’s not bad. I’m not gonna lie.

I think we consider ourselves normal guys who are doing our best, and that’s what we’ve been saying from the beginning. Live like you’re at the bottom even if you’re at the top. For us, that just means staying humble and doing your best every day. We’re not saying we’re perfect. Nobody’s perfect, but we’re doing our a best. We’re just trying to do our best to make our mum proud and to be gentlemen.’

• snowstars

LEEEEEEELAND!!!!!!!!!!! YAY FOR CHRISTIAN BANDS!!!! :D

• Marge.

I wish there were guys like him in my high school. Seriously.

Love ya Nick J :)

• Angela.

Shut up, OceanUP.

You want drama, get out there and pose nude.
    Shave your hair bald.
    Make out with the same gender on a live music award event.
    Write songs about your exes.
    Anything. Just STOP igniting drama in your posts. Seriously.

*Sigh*

Anywho, Nick J. :]

Is this interview old. I feel like I’ve read it before.

nicks so amazing
    along with his brothers
    i love how hes so dedicated to his music
    and fame isnt what hes going for
    cant wait for his album :)

I’m dating nick now.
    Sorry miley & selena.

I thought he graduated? Why did he say he is still in highschool? Or does he mean he is still highschool age? haha

He means like age-wise, because he’s only 17. Which is why I don’t get Niley fans. Yes, they are friends, and they are seriously cute, but when I was 17, the last thing I wanted was to be in a serious relationship. I kept all of my guy friends very close to me, and I dated a few of them off and on through out my teen years, and I can honestly say, I had alot of fun. I don’t think I dated any of them for more than 6 months-1 year

• SlippinIntoTheLava x3

There are never any posts about Joe & kev anymore.
    This upsets me..:(

• souzi

awwww love him

hahaha is that supposed to allude to break up taylor and miley?

—————

I don’t get it

like kayne interrupting taylor at the vmas.
    and nobodys perfect, the hannah montana song.
    hahaa i don’t know!

hahaha is that supposed to allude to break up taylor and miley?

—————

I don’t get it

like kayne interrupting taylor at the vmas.
    and nobodys perfect, the hannah montana song.
    hahaa i don’t know!

oh, hahaha

• coffeecoffeecoffee

What’s up with the bold parts in the article?

And I don’t mind all the Nick J posts. : )

It’s getting me excited for when I see him Jan 17th.

Geezzz Joe & Kevin could be in another country and we’d never know without all this pointless nick album nonsense.
    I love nick, but seriously I don’t really care if he liked kanye’s album, or if he checks out kim kardashion. Oceanup needs to pick the stories they post more carefully.

• coffeecoffeecoffee

And it’s Leeland not Leland.

• MZ

Oh Nick J<3 Melt my heart why don’t you<3

Aw, Nick, we’re glad you’re NOT female so we can obsess over you without looking weird.

And I always say I want to be a “famous musicisian”. You know? I understand where he’s coming from about that and how you shouldn’t just go after the fame, but I want to be famous so that I can share what I have with the world… not just do it. But I do do i anyway. lol ;o)

u no?

• ET

HAHAHAHAHAHHA
    JACKIEEEEE WILL SHUT UP NOOOOOWWWWW

*THROWS A PARTY TIL FOREVER*

• CoinBears

Is anyone else loving that girl Joe promoted on Twitter’s music? Daniella Mason is seriously awesome. She deserves a contract.

• lemonlovee

Adorable!

• Dowi

hahaha is that supposed to allude to break up taylor and miley?

—————

I don’t get it

like kayne interrupting taylor at the vmas.
    and nobodys perfect, the hannah montana song.
    hahaa i don’t know!

oh, hahaha

or he just likes the album?

• kitkat.

I think this interview is either reused or stolen cuz I remember reading it before haha

Billboard has released their list for the Top 25 Soundtracks of the Decade. Of course several Disney soundtracks landed on the list!

High School Musical landed at #2 for their first soundtrack, HSM2 came in at #5, while HSM3 settled at #19.

Hannah Montana soundtrack (the very first one) arrived at #4, with Hannah Montana 2: Meet Miley Cyrus right behind it at #6. Hannah Montana: the Movie soundtrack landed at #14.

Other notable Disney soundtracks were Camp Rock at #23, The Lizzie McGuire Movie at #11, and The Cheetah Girls 1 and 2 at #13 and #21, respectively.

Miley & Liam picking out promise Rings! http://twitpic.com/t2k7o

• Angela.

I’m sure when Kevin gets married, he’ll have many posts.
    When Joe pursues his acting career, he’ll have massive posts.
    When the JB does something, OU bombards its site with JB posts.

God bless Nick J and his dream. <3.

We’re patient. We rock. We’re JB fans. x]

• ftooneta234

I love Nick and all.. but I want a Joe post :(

• SlippinIntoTheLava x3

I miss Joe :(

me too. :(
    I guess it’s gonna be like this from now on..

• Angela.

Okay, I’m done with my novels. Haha.
    Sorry about that. :]

• gingerrx.

i want more joe posts :)
    oh, does anybody know when kevin’s marriage is?

• maly

His friend Courtney to say in interviews “I want to be famous” haha

• Angela.

ftooneta234 said:

I love Nick and all.. but I want a Joe post :(
    ___________________________________________

Remember at the beggining of fall? As they were filming Camp Rock 2, all the posts here were Joe ones cause of his excercise activities and ‘Gym dedications.’ We thoroughly enjoyed those but at the same time, we missed the other 2/3 of JB, right? :]

Let’s just give it time.

• Mercedes

that’s right nick you tell them!! he’s not seriously dating! he just wants to have fun!!

• Angela.

___________________________________

I love you too.

• ftooneta234

I love Nick and all.. but I want a Joe post :(
    ___________________________________________

Let’s just give it time.
    “Right now, it’s Nick’s time to shine. Let’s just be there for him and support him.”
    youre right.
    I changed my mind now haha :)

• AAC

I don’t know why but this interview just made me smile. :)

• Lilly

iFail2Much said:
    but the Kanye West album is really great.
    Just wondering, why bold that part OU?
    —————–
    cause they want to start something. they hope people will be ‘oh, he like kanye that showing they’re against taylor’ it stupid. beside even if you don’t agree with kanye actions, it doesn’t take away from the fact that he a great artist.

• Angela.

I love you too.

__________________________________________

I’ll give you my gif love later when I get home. <3.

• mary

oh nick! i love him!!

• msjonas13

haha, i love that he loves to have girl fams. love him o much <3!

• Pixita

I miss Joe :(

• Dumaaa ?

I love Kanye West too! :)

• ilovenicholas!

NICK JONAS TWEETS!!

“She was workin at age 9. At the flower shop in town. Workin hard just to survive, cause life was throwing her around”. -Rose Garden about 14 hours ago from TinyTwitter

# I learned a while ago that roses last a long time if you let them hang upside down. So beautiful. about 14 hours ago from TinyTwitter

# RT @MicaelaSmith @nickjonas its like true love, its going to remain strong and beautiful for along time, even when things are upside down. e about 14 hours ago from TinyTwitter

# Goodnight. about 14 hours ago from TinyTwitter

awwwwwwww HE’S SO ADORABLE!! :)

• ftooneta234

Yes Nick. A lot of female fans. There’s so many, you can CHOOSE who you wanna go out with!
    You have lots of choices! Date us!

This sounds like an advertisement!
    haha

• Nirandafan

Way to be legit, OU… it’s spelled Leeland. do your research next time, please? love your site, but really? :)

He’s doing a meet and greet with the families at Ft. Hood, not performing though…I don’t even think it’s being televised.

• Giovanna_JonasGomezLovatoCyrus

You have lots of choices! Date us!

This sounds like an advertisement!

• coffeecoffeecoffee

Pixita said:

I miss Joe :(
    ____________________

Joe misses you too.

• Anonymous928

Sorry I missed that kanye part being bolded, so OU failed until commentors reminded me. I’m sorry, Kanye went about it wrong, but what he said was true.

So back to this post. I really like the interviews Nick is doing right now. He seems relaxed and mature. However, I would hope that he and his brothers have more of a connection than loving music. They are brothers after all. And he’s right. He is still a teenagers. Teenagers are supposed to date and date different people. How do you narrow down your choice later on if you only dated one person from the time you were 13. Too bad girls see them standing within a 20 foot zone of a girl, even with the rest of the cast, and start saying they are dating. No wonder they want to keep that part of their life private.

• coffeecoffeecoffee

snowstars said:

LEEEEEEELAND!!!!!!!!!!! YAY FOR CHRISTIAN BANDS!!!! :D
    _________________________________________

I haven’t heard too much of them, but I like them.

I used to be obsessed with DC Talk and Jars of Clay and Newsboys.

• jmacfan

first?
    love nick j<3

• Xiomy

Why bold the Kanye part?
    Lame OU. Lame.

• HOT DAYUMMM

Ahhh Nick J overload…
    love him, but every other post doesn’t have to be about him and his album…

I LOVE YOU NICK KEVIN JOE

I LOVE YOU NICK KEVIN JOE

• Dowi

CoinBears said:

——————————————

It’s crazy how much talent she has,,
    (never heard about her, but now listening to her on youtube)

• hippieschlumpf

haha. nice way to the relationship question by just saying that it’s great to have many female fans. :)

oh and by the way, the band’s called leeland ;) i love them. i discovered them 4 months ago and can’t stop listening ever since <3 GO LEELAND <3

hahaha is that supposed to allude to break up taylor and miley?

• purplekoolaid

why did OU bold the bit about Kanye?? JB has always been fans of Kanye that’s no secret or a stab at Taylor. And Kanye is a great artist…he might be crazy and arrogant but he is good.

I love Nick. He is very wise and articulate for someone so young. He is becoming my fave celeb.

I also heard Jack White say that quote about being an artist first and the fame just being secondary, as a side effect of talent. Unfortunately, nowadays some of the most famous people are famous for doing absolutely nothing while real talent goes unrecognized…

• Leena

lol @ oceanUP making the kanye part bold.

FRI, 11 DECEMBER 2009 AT 1:20 PM
    Miley Cyrus & Liam Hemsworth: Holding Hands!

Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth hold hands as they stroll down Paris’ Champs-Elysees together Thursday (December 10).

The 17-year-old music sensation, who snapped a picture of her 19-year-old co-star, has been romantically linked to Liam since the two filmed The Last Song together earlier this year.

Back in November, Ryan Seacrest asked Miley on his radio show if Liam was her boyfriend, and Miley coyly replied, “I’ll neither confirm nor deny.”

Either way, awww…

Visit JustJaredJr for more photos and to see Miley and Liam sharing a kiss!

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/12/11/miley-cyrus-liam-hemsworth-kiss-kiss/#ixzz0ZPjB8o18 ___ IF ONLY NICK DID THAT! LIAM IS A TRUE BOYFRIEND! Awwwwwwww

• snowstars

I haven’t heard too much of them, but I like them.

I used to be obsessed with DC Talk and Jars of Clay and Newsboys.

You liked them?! My youth group LOVES them! :) Jars of Clay is really good. and you should listen to “Reaching” by Leeland, such a good song.

• CoinBears

Wow. A lot of Nick J posts lately, huh?
    And Nick is right. Kanye’s latest album was great.

hahaha is that supposed to allude to break up taylor and miley?

—————

I don’t get it?

• coffeecoffeecoffee

Angela. said:

Shut up, OceanUP.

You want drama, get out there and pose nude.
    Shave your hair bald.
    Make out with the same gender on a live music award event.
    Writesongs about your exes.
    Anything. Just STOP igniting drama in your posts. Seriously.

*Sigh*

Anywho, Nick J. :]

________________________________________

nicks my lover.

• iFail2Much

but the Kanye West album is really great.

Just wondering, why bold that part OU?

Wow.
    I love him
    he’s real deep :)

finally somebody still says they like kanye west sure hes a jackass for what he did to taylor swift but hes got good music and everyone knows that they just wont admit it anymore

love you nick

• joeismylove

i hope to work with him one day. I want to be a musician :]