Nick Jonas Leading Diabetic KIDS TO DC

nick-jonas-catch
nick-jonas-smile

Diabetes advocate Nicholas Jonas chatted with POLITICO about testifying before the Senate Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs on behalf of the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation [JDRF]: ‘I was just happy to be able to share my story and hope to inspire others to do the same.’

Nick helped transform his fellow diabetics into a motivated group of grass-roots activists who sat down to talk with their representatives on Capitol Hill, according to JDRF officials. Sen. Susan Collins worked with JDRF’s Children’s Congress for her fifth time this year and noticed the impact Nick had:

‘Having special guest witnesses, such as Nick Jonas, actress Mary Tyler Moore and boxing legend Sugar Ray Leonard helps draw media attention to this serious illness. But, and this is especially the case with Nick Jonas, they are great role models for children who live with Type 1 diabetes. Nick was gracious enough to spend time talking to the young delegates and showing them that it is possible to lead a healthy, productive life while living with this disease.’

Nick met with Sen. Frank Lautenberg and Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, and now more than 170 members have been in contact with JDRF to help it gather co-sponsors for a House bill, the first step to renew the legislation at a funding level of $200 million annually.

Nick said: ‘Getting key members of Congress involved is crucial to making big things happen for diabetics around the world.. I hope to come back once again to help raise awareness. What is important is that we were able to raise awareness and hopefully in the new year we will be able to see continued progress.’

• ssexybeast

I love how he gives back.

• xoxokatie8

:D<3

• SlippinIntoTheLava x3

awesomeeeeee.

• dont jugde

aww dat soo sweet :)

I love him <3 GO NICK!!!!

• alexjonasojd

Nick Jonas, YOU are my inspiration<3 I love you

• Mercedes

that’s right nick, you make a difference!!
    BTW, nice pic of him OU..you’re learning.

• elmooo

yay it’s a jonas post :)
    btw mercedes how was your morning&sleep in the end haha :)

• elmooo

awwwwwwww, nick is so sweet :)

• HOLAA

that’s right nick, you make a difference!!
    BTW, nice pic of him OU..you’re learning.

OU learning?
    there is a first for everything!!
    LMAO nice icon! the Hangover is the funniest movie!!

• CauseImReal

noooo they are giving him hope of becoming president one day.
    i sooo bet hes going to be all political when hes older but this deep dark past will come back and bite him in the ass (yumm).i love him anyways and im glad hes giving back and maybe he did get that disese for a reason (to help bring awareness with his SMEXYness).yay NickJ <3

Soooo…the Jonas are Dems…right on, right on.

• Mercedes

elmooo said:
    yay it’s a jonas post :)
    btw mercedes how was your morning&sleep in the end haha :)

hey elmooo, omg it was just like keep the faith said i stayed up for about two hrs..just waiting to go to sleep. ugh so aggravating.

• ssexybeast

Dead Post..-__-

Where are all my loves?

I spy with my little eye…. YourMomWasHere.=p

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

i love you nick jonas (:

• livindalife

He met Nancy Pelosi? I wonder what that was like. Her eyes are so big it is humanly impossible for her to blink.
    As for Nick, He is such a cutie and has a great heart :)

Does nick have a boyfriend?

Nick for president! :D

• elmooo

elmooo said:
    yay it’s a jonas post :)
    btw mercedes how was your morning&sleep in the end haha :)

___________
    haha, did you manage in the end?
    are you looking foward to tonight ? :)

• Katie13

Does nick have a boyfriend?
    Do you have a boyfriend?

• dont jugde

change mi icon haha love it or hate it?? :)

#IHATEPEREZ

• ssexybeast

ROTFL!

• xCookieMuffin

Does nick have a boyfriend?
    Do you have a life? -_-

• livindalife

Does nick have a boyfriend?
    o_0
    Yo mamma has a boyfriend.
    That was the worst joke in the hall of fame of worst jokes.

• Mercedes

HOLAA said:
    that’s right nick, you make a difference!!
    BTW, nice pic of him OU..you’re learning.

OU learning?
    there is a first for everything!!
    LMAO nice icon! the Hangover is the funniest movie!!
    yes it is, haha i’m really shock normally they give bad pictures.
    ikr? it really is the funniest movie i’ve seen in awhile.

• bbyk.

LOVE LOVE HIM. <3

• livindalife

Chris Brown said “Miley is ugly!”
    Chris Brown is sure no prize, Either.

At no time did he claim to be the leader or the organizer. He is willing to give of his time and talents though to help with this cause and many others. Hopefully he can bring more attention to type 1 diabetes and we will find a cure or even better some way to prevent it.

• xCookieMuffin

Chris Brown said “Miley is ugly!”
    Chris Brown is sure no prize, Either.

Oh he’s still in Hollywood? Never knew….

• Jake

ROFL. But seriously to the second comment, Her icon IS a picture of Miley. It’s common sense don’t cha know!

Just because she has a Miley icon doesn’t mean she’s Miley. Why teens nowadays are so dumb…?

• Nelena

haha i agree with chris brown for that matter

Dec 30, 2009 @ 11:14 am
    Jake said:

First off, You have no evidence I’m a teenager. Secondly, You were the one to make the first assumption she was Miley. I was just mocking you. Jokes over. Goodbye.

• Jenny!

Mercedes;
    Yeah i was thinking about that too.but im on winter break and im not with my parent so i thought i’d just get but i dont wanna get bitched out from my parents.and i just want to ask some people my own age thats why i asked oU girls.

• xCookieMuffin

O_O Are you serious?! Obviously she knows Miley doesn’t have a OU account.No offence, but your kinda making yourself like stupid right now…

• livindalife

Chris Brown said “Miley is ugly!”
    Chris Brown is sure no prize, Either.

Oh he’s still in Hollywood? Never knew….
    Haha yeah, But he is in NO position to call ANYONE ugly considering what he did back when. He’s a true and pure idiot.

• Jake

When did I make an assumption? Why are u mocking me for no reason at all?

Nick is a great role model!

if you’re not miley, you don’t have tp be offended.

• livindalife

When did I make an assumption? Why are u mocking me for no reason at all?
    Do you have short term memory loss? Or are you naturally stupid?

are u miley? if not, why r u offended?

you’re miley?????????????/

• LoveHate

Good for him!

• Madi

isn’t this, like, way old news??? it happened in August

• xCookieMuffin

hey Oceanup girls can i ask you guys a question question?

I want to pierce my lip and i know someone that can do it but my parents wont let me but should i still do it?.

THANK YOU if you reply.
    I wouldn’t. (Personally.) I’m not into the whole piercing thing though. And for me its weird and painfull.

GTFO. Your the one that seems to be looking for attention by saying that -_-

are u miley? if not, why r u offended?

Yup I’m Miley alright :D. -_-

Um, They didn’t kiss. Unless I am missing something
    ___

Selena: I once told a guy that I never kissed on the first date but he said he doesn’t play by the rules.

Nick: I once told a girl that did not want to kiss a guy on her first date that I don’t play by the rules.

• Mercedes

Jenny! said:
    hey Oceanup girls can i ask you guys a question question?

THANK YOU if you reply.
    NO you’ll have to hear your parents yell & bitch about it, then punish you…& they may make you take it out which would make you getting it done pointless.

GTFO. Your the one that seems to be looking for attention by saying that -_-

are u miley? if not, why r u offended?

Yup I’m Miley alright :D. -_-

• MZ

you’re miley?????????????/

She’s not… I am ;)

• Ashley.

Good for him. We need a cure for type 1 Diabetes. If I were famous, I would use my fame for something like this. Like, equal rights for LGBT or something like that.

• livindalife

I know about that. I thought you meant they kissed the other day. Nevermind.

• <3333 (:

Perez is a bullshitter;
    look at Nicks last tweet :)

anyway;
    I love that nick is such a nice person, always giving (:

• HOLAA

aww
    nickk..<3
    what a good person. :D

• haley

David Henrie Shia LaBeouf Taylor Lautner Nick Jonas Justin Bieber

• livindalife

I would adopt one and call it my own, I would have sex with one and reproduce till the heavens fall, And I would keep one for my constant sexual amusement. Sorry if that sounds weird.
    ….I would adopt 50 and keep them in my home, but I’m still after the main one, Nick Sexi Jonas :D. And yes my friend, it does sound weird :P
    Haha ROFL.

• elmooo

Wait, Someone tell me about this lesbian thing tonight????
    What’s that about?
    __________
    there will be a lesbian post party tonight at 1:00 am est, but i dont think i can be there :(
    lol, it will be epicccc

• badabababa

this is why i love you nick jonas.

Wth are you talking about? o.0
    Someone told me there was going to be a lesbian post chat today….
    I’m confuzzled o_0

• xCookieMuffin

Nick should be bff’s with a gorilla and name it Nick Jr.

• haley

David Henrie
    Shia LaBeouf
    Taylor Lautner
    Nick Jonas
    Justin Bieber

• Charlotte-x-

Wait, Someone tell me about this lesbian thing tonight????
    What’s that about?

HAHA WUT?! I wanna hear about this too.

• MZ

Awwhh I love that boy :) But I could for sure whoop his ass at catchphrase.

• livindalife

Wait, Someone tell me about this lesbian thing tonight????
    What’s that about?
    __________
    lol, it will be epicccc
    ROFL at that idea. I might just tune in for the heck of it

• xCookieMuffin

I hate Perez he’s so mean to Joe!

#IHATEPEREZ
    What did he do that was so mean to Joe?! :O
    *Gets gun ready*

• cony

Ohhhhh, sounds fun!

• elmooo

lol, it will be epicccc
    . i did not make it up lol, i heard about it this morning and thought it would be hysterical :)

• badabababa

damn, i haven’t been on here in FOREVER. whats this lesbian business about? haha

• Charlotte-x-

Have The JoBros Called It Quits???

Do you hear that?

It’s the sound of tween hearts breaking around the world!

The Jonas Brothers may be O-V-E-R!

According to a Jonas family insider “Joe sees the writing on the wall for the group. Kevin’s heart is just not in the group anymore. His wife Danielle is his number one priority, especially after their wedding night!”

While Kevin is getting his freak on, the youngest JoBro Nick already has his sights on being the next Justin Timberlake and Joe knows it!

Plus Nick isn’t doing him any favors with his so called “side project”, which will no doubt turn into his main gig if the break-up is a go.

So what about Joe?

We’re sure Nick could give him a job as a roadie or something

WTF. Why am I crying?

• xCookieMuffin

Wait, Someone tell me about this lesbian thing tonight????
    What’s that about?

HAHA WUT?! I wanna hear about this too.

Me three. :O

David Henrie
    Shia LaBeouf
    Taylor Lautner
    Nick Jonas
    Justin Bieber

You my friend need some fresh air if you think Nick and Selena HAVE to be together.

Nick is back with Selena <3

• xCookieMuffin

Have The JoBros Called It Quits???

Do you hear that?

It’s the sound of tween hearts breaking around the world!

The Jonas Brothers may be O-V-E-R!

So what about Joe?

We’re sure Nick could give him a job as a roadie or something

WTF. Why am I crying?
    NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :O

Nick is back with Selena <3
    ------------
    NO. Just, No.

Nick is back with Selena <3
    selena has nothing to do with this. Go to the nelena post! :\

• livindalife

Have The JoBros Called It Quits???

Do you hear that?

It’s the sound of tween hearts breaking around the world!

The Jonas Brothers may be O-V-E-R!

So what about Joe?

We’re sure Nick could give him a job as a roadie or something

WTF. Why am I crying?
    NNNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! :O
    ——————
    STOP THE TRAIN!
    WTF.
    SOMEONE TELL ME IF THIS IS TRUE.

• Charlotte-x-

Soooo…the Jonas are Dems…right on, right on.

LOL IRL

• Jenny!

How old are you?

• elmooo

yay it’s a jonas post :)
    btw mercedes how was your morning&sleep in the end haha :)

___________
    haha, did you manage in the end?
    are you looking foward to tonight ? :)

ugh kinda? lol
    yeah i am hopefully i won’t be sleep, i’ve got a feeling you guys are going to have me rotfl
    ________
    lol, it will be great, but i am babysitting, and i dont know what time ill be back :(
    what time do you think it will endd, it will be a epic post and i really dont want to miss ittt :)

• haley

David Henrie Shia LaBeouf Taylor Lautner Nick Jonas Justin Bieber —- Guys name above are not allowed to be with girls other than Selena Gomez, thank you very much.

• Katie13

WOOOOOOO I WAS FIRST ON A NICK POST!!!
    (ive never been first before!!)
    People always make a big deal out of being first, i feel like i should have wrote a speech or something….
    Well, i will for next time!!

it is old

• ssexybeast

Whooo!!

Is there a heat wave coming through the computer or something?

I hate Perez he’s so mean to Joe!

#IHATEPEREZ

• SlippinIntoTheLava x3

Have The JoBros Called It Quits???

Do you hear that?

It’s the sound of tween hearts breaking around the world!

The Jonas Brothers may be O-V-E-R!

So what about Joe?

We’re sure Nick could give him a job as a roadie or something

• HOLAA

GOOD LUCK NICK!!!

• Your Mom Was Here

love him so much!

lmfao selena talking about her nana in twitter?? why talk about nana when you can tweet “I kissed Nick Jonas and I like it”.

Dunno why Selena doesn’t do it…probably because she’s not an attention whore like Miley.

GTFO. Your the one that seems to be looking for attention by saying that -_-

Rating: Adware, spyware, or viruses

Ugh. I went on this website, aand it freaking gave me 2 trojans at once. It had this pop-up that said “Your computer has a virus. Do you want us to clean it?” or something of that source. I knowingly clicked Alt F4, knowing it was just a popup trying to destroy my computer. It took me right back to where I was before. i exited the internet & rebooted the computer, and a week later when I scanned it I found 2 trojans. If I had clicked “Clean the ‘virus'” I wonder how much worse the virus would’ve been. DONT use this site. If the same thing happens to you, ALT F4, and then clear the history off your computer, and then scan.

Posted at 24/10/09-11:30:48 by Naley, Reviewer , View profile [ Reputation score: 1 / 9 ]

The new site is full of sh!t. It makes my computer freeze up EVERY DAMN TIME.

this website is virus infested.
    use at your own risk.
    – Mc afee virus protection. Honestly.
    If you have mc afee it comes up in the corner, and there are the reviews. be careful.

• Mercedes

i’m mean shocked

• xCookieMuffin

I still say there should be 1000 little Nicks running around the place. Now that would make the world a much (sexier &) better place :)

• Nelena is true love

Nick is back with Selena <3
    _____

True love never ends…awww

• livindalife

Um, They didn’t kiss. Unless I am missing something.

• Jenny!

How old are you?

• Charlotte-x-

ALL HAIL KING NICK

• Jenny!

hey Oceanup girls can i ask you guys a question question?

THANK YOU if you reply.

• ssexybeast

Hangover is the funniest movie!!

No.Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy is.

GTFO. Your the one that seems to be looking for attention by saying that -_-

are u miley? if not, why r u offended?

Nick is back with Selena <3
    _____

True love never ends…awww
    We know you are replying to yourself. Stop to spare yourself a normal lifestyle. A-Buh-Bye.

• Mercedes

Charlotte-x- said:
    Have The JoBros Called It Quits???

Do you hear that?

It’s the sound of tween hearts breaking around the world!

The Jonas Brothers may be O-V-E-R!

So what about Joe?

We’re sure Nick could give him a job as a roadie or something

WTF. Why am I crying?

aw, don’t cry until you hear it from them.
    perez doesn’t always know what he’s talking about.

• Mercedes

elmooo said:
    yay it’s a jonas post :)
    btw mercedes how was your morning&sleep in the end haha :)

___________
    haha, did you manage in the end?
    are you looking foward to tonight ? :)

ugh kinda? lol

• livindalife

hey Oceanup girls can i ask you guys a question question?

THANK YOU if you reply.
    I don’t think you should. You will get in major trouble and I heard lip piercings hurt. Plus they look freaky.

• cony

GO NICK!

• livindalife

Wait, Someone tell me about this lesbian thing tonight????
    What’s that about?