Very Happy NICK JONAS Diabetes Day!

nick-jonas-cute

Today is Nick Jonas Day! JonasWorld wrote a nice writeup about it: Today marks the third year since Nick Jonas told all of his fans that he was diabetic. For the past three years he has been raising awarness by going to Washington, DC to talk to the senate for further funding for diabetes research.

I ask that everyone today who is on Twitter continues to trend #NickJonasDay. The strength that he shows everyday is truly inspiring to myself and many others. He proves to all of us that no matter what challenges life may throw your way you can never give up. So like Nick says, don’t ever let it slow you down..

• fireisinourhearts

Making a big deal out of Nick Jonas having diabetes is foolish.

Simply because he’s a celebrity, doesn’t mean he’s any more special.

My father’s corp. has done more for research than he has, I’m sure, and I don’t get recognition.

Also, that’s a fucking ugly picture of him

you could use that argument for so many careers, and its actually something i agree with you on – that scientists, engineers, scholars etc are not recognised enough for the work they do for society. But Nick deserves his own day because he is using his platform as a celebrity for the better, he was never obliged to do that and it cant have been easy for him. He could have kept quiet about it, but look at the difference its made to people’s perception of diabetes. The kid is amazing, and anyone (celebrity or not) who works to help other people is amazing.

Second?happy diabetes day nick!

• jjean

jemi is awesome, too!

• Mercedes

justinisbetterthannick said:

your so sorry NICK?! why, 234897 other people in the world have diabetes, including me. and why is he getting all this attention. its not like he helps anyone.OHH he made a comerical. WOW. that sure helps

don’t be so bitter, & he is not getting all the attention.
    need i remind you OU is more Disney kids oriented.

• Abby

man, i hate this man
    he uses this to get people to feel sorry for him
    I have diabetes, im not getting a special day
    he is low, and ugly and a HORRIBLE SINGER
    he sounds like someone getting run over
    4656 people have diabetes INCLUDING ME, why is he getting his own day?!
    _______________________________________
    Hey I have diabetes too and I don’t have a special day, but HE DID NOT ASK FOR A SPECIAL DAY! It was just made up! How can you hate him? Do you KNOW him? In Washington he said to My mom and I and this little girl, ‘You’re gonna make it. We’re gonna make it.’ Words Ill never forget. Hell this kid deserves more than one day! Sheesh!

• jjean

MrsJoeJonas29, I love your icon.

WE love you Nick <3

• Aryanna

justinisbetterthannick said:

—————–
    It’s always better than nothing.
    And I’m sorry for you and for all the others. But it’s not a reason to hate on someone you don’t even know.

• MrsJoeJonas29

jemi is the best “couple” in the world. we have been trying to make Jemi a TT on twitter all week so plz help if u can and follow me @_Joevanna_

• MrsJoeJonas29

thanks i love yours as well

• MrsJoeJonas29

and you are?? yeah exactly

• Chelsea-Rose

ju said:

no he isnt doing shit 4 the cause

==============

He’s doing more than you probably are.

• AAC

man, i hate this man
    he uses this to get people to feel sorry for him
    I have diabetes, im not getting a special day
    he is low, and ugly and a HORRIBLE SINGER
    he sounds like someone getting run over
    4656 people have diabetes INCLUDING ME, why is he getting his own day?!
    ________

Look kid, it’s not his fault some fan gave him his own day. He’s just trying to help everyone out there with diabetes. Stop being so damn bitter. And no one gives a shit what you think of his voice.
    But personally I just think your a troll and don’t even have diabetes. If you do I’m sorry and hopfully they find a cure one day soon.

• ILoveMyBoo

justinisbetterthannick said:

_____

Hello Justin. Way to go. You’re now a baby freak that hates Nick Jonas for a terrible reason.

• MrsJoeJonas29

no he isnt doing shit 4 the cause

==============

He’s doing more than you probably are.
    ============
    Amen sister! hes one of the busiest young stars i know but still hes puts in so much effort to help others.

• GoldenGal9311

justinisbetterthannick said:

__________________

Well, to be honest, Nick did help raise awareness to type 1 diabetes than anyone did in the 00’s decade. Not a lot teens(and adults) really knew information about it before Nick announced that he had it. And what the hell is up with your username? You sound very immature and jealous. No offense.

justin is better than nick O_o
    an interesting opinion which I don’t agree with ..all respect to you though

• ILoveMyBoo

no he isnt doing shit 4 the cause
    ___

He has done so many things, including his testimony for Diabetes and donating probably at least a million dollars by now. So…. have you done anything to help people with diabetes? Or just helping yourself?

• ILoveMyBoo

Change For The Children Foundation….. Founded by Nicholas Jonas

uhh don’t be bitter! i’m diabetic too, I live happily with it and I never let it slow me down. But out there there are lots of diabetic people who take nick as a hero and take care of themselves looking at him. So I support him anyway!

• ILoveMyBoo

Anyone else still cry while listening to A Little Bit Longer?

He’s only raised millions. Not to mention awareness. I’m now aware of it, and donated to a cause i normally wouldn’t have given a second thought.

• yep

AGREED 1000000000%
    i have diabetes, and im not getting 1/1000 of the attention nick jonas gets.

• Chelsea-Rose

MrsJoeJonas29 said:

no he isnt doing shit 4 the cause

==============

He’s doing more than you probably are.
    ============

=============
    Exactly! I hate people like that. They aren’t doing anything for it, so to criticise him when you are doing nothing winds me right up.

• fireisinourhearts

way to go OU, this must be the first time you’ve actually given JW credit.

• MRS_BIEBER

I see what you are saying, and i understand. I feel like that also, but i try not to hate lol

• Aryanna

ILoveMyBoo said:

Anyone else still cry while listening to A Little Bit Longer?
    ————————
    Yes ! :’) And I cry when I watch the video of Eternity.

Making a big deal out of Nick Jonas having diabetes is foolish.

Simply because he’s a celebrity, doesn’t mean he’s any more special.

Also, that’s a fucking ugly picture of him

• Aryanna

Making a big deal out of Nick Jonas having diabetes is foolish.

Simply because he’s a celebrity, doesn’t mean he’s any more special.

Also, that’s a fucking ugly picture of him
    —————-
    He’s not a scientist. -_-”
    Nobody said he was special. He just uses his fame to do something good. That’s all.
    Now go hate somewhere else…

• fireisinourhearts

man, i hate this man
    he uses this to get people to feel sorry for him
    I have diabetes, im not getting a special day
    he is low, and ugly and a HORRIBLE SINGER
    he sounds like someone getting run over
    4656 people have diabetes INCLUDING ME, why is he getting his own day?!

I am sorry that you have diabetes, but that’s not a reason to hate on nick for what he’s done for the cause. Just the fact that you have stated that you have diabetes to the strangers on here is probably due to nick. He’s made it ok for people with diabetes to open up about it, whereas some other medical conditions are still a taboo that people don’t like to talk about and admit to having. So nick deserves his own day, and its the very least we can do to show that we fully support in all that he is doing to raise diabetes awareness.

• Stacey<3NickJ

I love you Nick your my inspiration.
    I supooert diabetes awareness. xx

• ILoveMyBoo

FI.RST!

NickJ Is MyDiabetic Hero

is the best guys in the world!! hope forever

• Bella

I Love Nick :) <3

• Hannah

Happy Nick Jonas Day!!!!!
    Nick is So Strong,He Never Let Diabetese Slow him down!!!!!! he is truly a great insperation!!!!! We are Really proud of you Nick!!!!! We Love you!!!!!

• ILoveMyBoo

I’m so sorry, Nicholas. We’ll find a cure. Just a little bit longer….

• justinisbetterthannick

• Bella

I Love Nick <3 :)

• AAC

Awww. I love Nick. =)

• ihatenickj

man, i hate this man
    he uses this to get people to feel sorry for him
    I have diabetes, im not getting a special day
    he is low, and ugly and a HORRIBLE SINGER
    he sounds like someone getting run over
    4656 people have diabetes INCLUDING ME, why is he getting his own day?!

• MrsJoeJonas29

well technically its not because it isnt cemented into the calender but do you realise hes helping people including you if you have diabeties? yeah exactly. hes trying to help find a cure so that you dont have to suffer any more. so get over it.

gosh…relax dude. It isn’t REALLY nick jonas day, you moron. Its just some fans getting together to acknowledge something significant for THEM!
    He doesn’t USE diabetes, i never hear him even mention it unless somebody else brings it up.
    man…jealous much??

You obviously don’t have diabetes or you’d know that more people than that have it. He doesn’t use it to make anyone sorry for him. That’s the point. He tells people his story to let them know you can do anything you want even with the challenges facing you. I appreciate that. Diabetes is not fun. I like having someone else who has it and understands the challenges we go through and still gets out there every day and lives his dream.

I love his music and his voice. I hope Nick continues to inspire people for many years.

• jjean

Nick is amazing!

• jjean

haters to the left.

• Hannah

Happy Nick Jonas Day!!!!!

• ju

no he isnt doing shit 4 the cause

• Vicky

To you haters who think that Nick Jonas is getting attention for his Diabetes:
    You should be happy that Nick is raising awareness to help find a cure for Diabetes, instead of sitting there moaning.
    I disagree with the fact it’s called “Nick Jonas Day”, because that makes it more about Nick than the rest of the world dealing with it; it should be called “Diabetes Day” or something…
    But I still think that Nick is amazing for raising the awareness about Diabetes and dealing with the condition himself.

• Sara

Happy Nick Jonas Day!!!!!
    Nick Is So Strong, We are Proud of you Nick!!!!!

• ronit

i love you sooo much nick

• superJOEman

I love you Nick J.! <3

Cute (:

• MileyEqualsAwesome

I love Nick and I know diabetes it serious and everything but after his whole crying at the exact same timt at every concert during A Little Bit Longer it’s kind of hard to take serious

ok so i was absolutly in love with the jonas brothers( expecially nick) and i just got over him, but seeing that picture just made me think of how much i was i love with the old nick jonas. he’s look is so different now. I loved how he looked when he was younger, so adorable

• DanaGirl

Aww Nick <3

Today is also my b-day!

• MRS_BIEBER

hm…i dont know how I feel about him having his own day..my brother has type 1 diabetes and he doesnt have his own day. hes a celeb , thats why he has his own day. lol. NO HATE HERE, i just dont think he should have his own day, because loads of people deserve it also. my brother is a fighter, just
    like 34566767 others (: there will be a cure someday (:
    my brother is my hero, no nick jonas. lmaaoo(:

• Andre C

i love you nick. im with you.. i hope your fine. i wish you the besttt. i love youuu

• Sara

Happy Nick Jonas Day!!!!!
    Nick Is So Strong, We are Proud of you Nick!!!!!

• INeedAHero

Afrer 3 years and im still
    Praying for you
    God will give you strength <33

• iog

hes a bitch, i hate him.
    so many kids have diabetes, do they have there own day? NO
    he uses this to make ppl feel sorry for him, but really HES BUTT UGLY AND CANT SING FOR HIS LIFE

team bieber! (: