Justin Bieber, ‘Mariah Is Past Her Best’

justin-mariah

Justin interview with The Sun: On golfing: ‘I have a handicap of six. I really love it. I started playing at 11 and then realized I was ok at it. It was a bit like that with singing, I never set out to be famous. It just kind of happened, everything fell into place.’ On acting: ‘Acting is something I would like to try.

I don’t get nervous really. I am going to go on Saturday Night Live and I want to do some skits like Justin Timberlake, Rihanna and Beyonce did. I’m not afraid of looking stupid and taking the mickey out of myself.’ On collaboration with Corinne Bailey Rae: ‘She’s a talented artist and seems like a nice person.’

On Mariah Carey: ‘I don’t love her new music, it’s not the same. It’s like Michael Jordan coming back out to play in the NBA. She is past her best.’ On life: ‘I’m a grounded person. I don’t need security when I’m home as they know who I am. I live with my mum and tour with my dad. I’m just a regular 16 year old kid.

I make good grilled cheese and I like girls. I have to do my homework which is a chore. On school: English is my best subject but I’m bad at chemistry. I could finish this year but I want to continue at school until I’m 18 in case I decide to go to college. I don’t want to limit my options. You never know how things are going to work out.’

• Timber518

I don’t know why you guys are mad at him when you said that you think the same thing. What’s the difference between you thinking it and him saying it? It’s still harsh.

But I don’t get this part:

I live with my mum and tour with my dad. I’m just a regular 16 year old kid.

First off, why would he say ‘mum’. He’s always said mom. Just saying.

And he’s said before his mom tours with him everywhere. She’s always around in pictures and stuff. I’ve never seen his dad in anything except pictures of him with his family like 2 years ago or something like that.

Doesn’t make sense to me.

I think Mariah isn’t that good anymore too. It’s the truth. I don’t get why this is such a big deal. Half of you probably think the same thing.

• Diamondback

This kid needs to go away.

Why should he shut up? Mariah sucks and her new videos are downright embarassing. He’s just saying the obvious truth. And he IS being nice in that sentence…

• Nancy1069

I make good grilled cheese XD
    BTW, he should have kept that thing about Mariah to his self

“First off, why would he say ‘mum’. He’s always said mom. Just saying.”

It’s a British newspaper over here we say ‘mum’ not ‘mom’ so the newspaper would print it the way we say it

I like how he speaks his mind. You won’t see that kind of honesty out of the Jonas brothers or anyone like that.
    And what did you guys want him to do? Lie and say he thinks she’s amazing? Face it she isn’t that good any more

i hate him .

• island.B
  • kapindorkburger

As if his music is any better.

Tells you what an ego this kid has. If you don’t like someone’s music, keep it to yourself. I think he was past his prime a few months ago.

when beaver sells as many records as mariah carey or has a #1 song EVERY year for 10 yrs like she did,then he can comment on her career/albums!STFU kid! who does this loser think he is and why do they ask him these questions!

I lost you at “one of the greatest vocalists of all time”. Hahaha as if. Just cause she can sqeal in the most annoying high-pitched tone on earth doesn’t mean she’s great. Popular, sure. Talanted? Yeah right.

• demiLOVEatolovexoxx

alright justin.
    you just lost some points with me.
    did you REALLLY just insult one of the greatest musicians and vocalists OF ALLLLLLLLLLLL TIME?!
    I agree that memoirs wasnt her best work, but mariah ALWAYS COMES BACK, ALWAYS!
    && im sorry
    youve come no where near mariah carey
    to even say something like that

• marthiii

ooo justin bieber es taan hermoso y en esa foto se ve tan rico justin es la persona mas linda de la tierra te amoooooo :)

• DesiGirl

*bangs head against the wall*
    Does this kid have no tact? Justin, only Mariah’s equals and superiors have the right to make that judgment so bluntly. You’re allowed an opinion, but you’re required to express it with respect or not at all. I’ve been neutral on him so far, but I’m really starting to dislike him now.

agreed. A bit disrespectful coming from a kid who just entered the music industry a year ago compared to the LEGEND Mariah Carey who’s been in the music industry for 20 years. Mmm, she still got her voice and this little Bieber kid shouldn’t be talking. He will never even come close to reaching her “best”. jerkkkk, just keep your mouth shut.

• DesiGirl

island.B said:

yup.
    Awhhhh Saylor Moon :)<33
    __

I have beautiful childhood memories of that cartoon. Now, whenever I hear that name, I’ll be forced to think about Taylor Swift and Selena Gomez. :/
    They looked really cute, though.

• island.B

They looked really cute, though.

haha sorry
    i think of the real Saylor Moon show when i see them together i love both of the em :)

wow that little turd said that about Mariah??? he really needs to stfu!!! NOW!!!

• DesiGirl

island.B said:

They looked really cute, though.

haha sorry
    __

Huh, I wonder whose personalities they match. Taylor might be like Venus, she a bit of a goofball. I get Mercury vibes from Selena, she’s all cool and smart and mature.

the reason he doesn’t need security back home in Stratford is because everybody here hates him because we all know who the true justin is and he is not a nice person
    trust me i knew hiim before he was famous he is not the nice person he is made out to be!

• kelly123

What a ego!!1 Fame has gotten to his head!!! Yes, he is allowed to express how he feels but Mariah can still sing better even after all these years in the business while he can’t do any better and he just barely started his career. I blame Usher for putting this guy on the spotlight…please can we just go back to when he was just another nobody covering music. At least back then he didn’t open his big mouth..

• GoldenGal9311

_________________

C’mon ya’ll. Haha, he is speaking the truth about this one. Mariah Carey’s music is terrible now. BUT, he was a little rude.

• GoldenGal9311

_________________

That would be weird for the two to make music together. They both have TWO very different music styles. But I’d like to hear it.

true! true!
    but she shouldn’t have said anything.
    the media is going to take everything out of hand and totally twist what he said.

• rr

This kid has and ego. Everytime he opens his mouth he puts his foot into it. I can’t see why any girl or guy would like him. He thinks that all women want him and brags all the time. I can’t believe Selena, Jennifer, and Demi are friends with this jerk. Mariah isn’t past her prime. Who the hell does this little pimple thinks he is? Justin do the world a favor and think before you speak. One more thing, get rid of the ego Justin. You’re not god’s gift to the female race.

hahah. he speaks the truth. mariah sucks.

• austin19

little boy , you can`t act like you`re hot shit until you`ve reached puberty & made it big . & i mean freaking lady gaga big , not “trending topic on twitter for umpteen days straight” big . he`s gonna lose his pathetic fame FAST if he doesn`t shut the fuck up & be humble .

• racheljp21

first!! :)

• Sweetdisposition

I don’t really like what he said about Mariah, it’s true but he should have kept that to himself.

• mileyluver15

Sweetdisposition said:

yeah i agree i mean but like he could say i like her old music better but HE SHOULDNT OF SAID SHES PAST HER BEST..thats awful she could always make a come back

• loveforladygaga.

thirddd.
    oceanup is dead this morning!
    POST THE PICTURES OF SELENA, CAMERON, TAYLOR AND CORY BOWLING LAST NIGHT! :D

• mileyluver15

really really? thats mean of him to say mariah is past her best??!

• Sweetdisposition

loveforladygaga. said:

thirddd.
    oceanup is dead this morning!
    POST THE PICTURES OF SELENA, CAMERON, TAYLOR AND CORY BOWLING LAST NIGHT! :D
    Cory as in Cory Monteith?!

• leLIVREinterdit
  • loveforladygaga.

Cory as in Cory Monteith?!
    yes :D

• Sweetdisposition

mileyluver15 said:

Sweetdisposition said:

Yeah he should have worded it differently.

• Sweetdisposition

leLIVREinterdit said:

yup.
    Dude you rock, thanks! Was it a double date? It looked so cute:)

• leLIVREinterdit

haha, you’re welcome. :) i’m not sure if it was a doubledate tho cuz they had some other friends there too.

• leLIVREinterdit

the boy needs to shut his mouth.
    he’s going to get himself into trouble now.

• Trey

oceanUp pick up yourr job, it was reported this was false by the Sun, which is a tabloid.