Justin Bieber The Next Justin Timberlake?

justin-bieber-bet-stud-5

MTV interviewed entertainment people on whether Justin Bieber is the next Justin Timberlake: EW music critic Leah Greenblatt told MTV: ‘He is signed with Usher, and he’s the same age as Usher was when he first became a star. Justin Timberlake too. So they’re the model for him. Like both of them, he keeps it sort of clean, so moms can feel good about playing his music too.

I can see him playing a bunch of instruments, so perhaps, like Justin, he moves into making more organic music, and each of his albums get progressively more interesting.. His hooks are his good looks and the fact that his fans think they can tweet him and get his attention. Teen idols are supposed to be really untouchable. But Bieber really isn’t like that. You might not get a phone call..

..from him, but there’s a chance he might ‘@ reply’ to you on Twitter, and that’s enough. He seems like an instinctive performer. He loves working. I know from his label rep that he plays drums and guitar on almost every track on the album, and he can learn a new instrument in like 30 minutes. So he’s sort of a savant, which is something you don’t get from a packaged tween star.

The big question is: What will happen when his voice breaks? But supposedly, your voice is like a muscle, where if you work on it, it won’t break. So who knows? If he tops out at 5-foot-3, that may be an issue too. He definitely has to capitalize on now, on being younger, while at the same time trying to figure out what he’s going to do next. Nick Jonas is trying it now, with middling results. I mean, I like that he has members of the New Power Generation in his band, but I don’t think kids understand it.’

I think the comment about Nick Jonas is wrong. I don’t think he is trying to get kids to love it, although they probably will as long as he’s involved, it’s more about him appealing to older teenagers, people in their twenties and thirties etc. I don’t think that he necessarily WANTS kids to understand ‘the Administration’, from the meanings of the songs, the links to the presidency, the fact that his band members are from the New Power Generation, anything.

……………..
    I agree. I think Nick was sincere when he said that he had some songs that he wanted to share and he really wasn’t targeting anyone specifically. If he wrote these songs when he was 15 or 16, it wouldn’t make much sense to release them down the road when they had less meaning to him. I honestly think he did the solo thing because he wanted to express himself through those songs, and not because he was trying to branch off from the Jonas Brothers. I saw a lot of comments from replies on twitter telling people to check out the album, and they were surprised at how good it was. If their profile pictures were anything to go by, they were not teenage girls, they were older, and both men and women. This shows that his music did reach some people that might not have otherwise given it a listen. There were also comments on reviews from older fans saying how much they enjoyed the music after attending concerts with their children. He may not have radio play, but I think he may have received respect from some people that didn’t expect this from a teenager.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAAHHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAH NO FREAKING WAY XD
    JUSTIN BIEBER IS WAAAY TO UGLY AND A FETUS (A)

• LoveHate

I can see it happening, Justin is very talented.

• Tiffany

I think that Justin is his own person and will make it if thats what supposed to happen.

• fireflies

ahaha NEVER.
    i don’t hate him but come on!justin timberlake is the best.

• Haha

Haha HELL NO!!!!! He wishes. Oceanup you make me laugh :P HAHAHA

Um… NO! Justin Bieber is a one hit wonder fetus. The end.

• Mareike

he wishes!

• Mrs.DavidArchuleta

David Archuleta!!! :D :D :D

• CallMeIzzy

I think he’s good enough to have the same career-style of JT. I don’t understand why so many people on here hate him. All of my friends listen to him all the time and everyone I know loves his music. I also love his music.

• NikBubz

dont make me laugh! this singing fetus will never live up to expectations.

David Archuleta!!! :D :D :D
    __________

….is irrelevant.

• BATMANNN28

Seriously? Shut the fuck up. OH NOES BEER!

How old are you, five? It’s beer. Big whoopdedo!

• CallMeIzzy

David Archuleta!!! :D :D :D
    __________

….is irrelevant.
    —————-
    but hot!

• Sweetdisposition

CallMeIzzy said:

I love his music too, and who knows maybe when he’s older, he’ll bring sexy back:D

__________

I do not know anybody over 12 who likes him.

6th graders in my school listen to his songs and they usually get yelled by older people because of that, so….

• CallMeIzzy

Sweetdisposition said:
    ————————————
    We can only hope! LOL

but hot!
    ___________

Not really.

• CallMeIzzy

but hot!
    ___________

Not really.
    ———————-
    Well I think so.

• CallMeIzzy

I do not know anybody over 12 who likes him.

Well I’m 16 and my friends are too so…

LIAM HEMSWORTH DRINKING BEER AT GAME
    _________________________________________
    is that even beer ? lol

• Mrs.DavidArchuleta

David Archuleta!!! :D :D :D
    __________

….is irrelevant.
    _______________

but more prefered than justin bieber :D

• Jill

I completely agree. Nick is trying to get AWAY from Disney in my opinion. Not get more young fans. He’s trying to get away from the (forgive me for quoting Camp Rock) “stupid cookie cutter pop-star stuff” and more into his own sound and what he wants to do. He definitely wants older people to listen to it, but because he started out as a Disney kid, I don’t think that a lot of people that would like it are actually going to give him a chance which is pretty unfortunate! I personally love his new stuff, but I also love the old sound of the Jonas Brothers as well. :D

Kiss my ass he is not the next JT!

• Sweetdisposition

Mrs.DavidArchuleta said:

David Archuleta!!! :D :D :D
    __________

….is irrelevant.
    _______________

but more prefered than justin bieber :D
    David Archuleta is awesome and very cute:D

________

I have nothing against him but his fans on the other hand…..

but more prefered than justin bieber :D
    ________

True, true.

• Sweetdisposition

he plays drums and guitar on almost every track on the album

That’s awesome!

LIAM HEMSWORTH DRINKING BEER AT GAME
    _________________________________________
    is that even beer ? lol
    ____________

i thought it was root beer but whos to know, but isnt he only 19? dont you have to be 21 to drink?

• - Blair Waldorf -

Maybe, Maybe not. :)

Drinking beer in public if you are under the legal drinking age is considered a big deal. Most people would get in trouble for doing it.

• Dash

Hard to tell…doesn’t really look like beer to me, just a drink in a brown bottle. But yes, the legal drinking age in the US is 21, so whether he’s from Australia or not, he can’t drink here.

5, no. 11-13? Yes. In middle school you can still be quite naive about what beer is all about. If there’s one way to tell how old the people in a OU post are, it’s how they talk about beer.

The kid is pretty charming and confident for a 16 year old. He flirts with women of any age, he is going to be a lady killer.

• Sweetdisposition

Dash said:

Don’t you think it starts to get a little awkward for the celebs seeing this girl all the time? Obviously they recognize her at this point, especially when they see her like once a week or MORE. I would be like, “oh God, there’s that stalker girl again…try to be nice…”
    Something’s telling me, she really doesn’t care if they recognize her. I could never do something like that, too embarrissing…

Well, he has the advise of both Usher and Justin Timberlake who were both like him famous at 16 and teen idols. They both were able to go beyond the teen idol years and create more mature music. He will probably follow what they have done in their careers.

His voice is starting to change now, apparently he is working with vocal coaches now to help with the transition. His growth spurt should hit soon too.

Justins voice is breaking now. Apparently he is working with vocal coaches to help him out. He should hit his growth spurt soon too then.

he’ll stay big, no doubt. i mean he actually has talent. i’m older so his songs are SUPER cheesy, but he’s what 15 or whatever? he definitely has the potential to make lots of great must. jtimb was so young when he start nsync and he grew up and really developed as an artist.

He is adorable. I think his music will grow with him.

Yah, he’s cute and good but a little young. I give him a year or so, once puberty has hit he will probably really get my attention.

I’m anxious to see what his Cd sales are next week on Billboard. He has a new CD out this week.

___
    Ok I was on here yesterday and saw this same comment on another post. Are you Justin or one of his people? Because I’m thinkin you are and its hilarious.

• Roro xox

hes cute;bu NO!

• Icee

I definitely don’t think Justin has staying power, no offense to him. I mean his music is good now, but just like what happens with most other musicians, people will get over him. You have to have an essense of epic star power to become a houshold name like Justin Timberlake or Britney Spears, and I don’t think Justin has that. In fact I see him taking more the Aaron Carter route, I’m sorry to say. Who knows though, maybe he’ll prove me wrong!

haha thats funny. cuz this kid sucks. he trys to act all gangster. and he looks like he is 12.

• Nancy1069

One word: No

• Pink Elephant

WHAT IS THIS FUCKERY.

• island.B

Ehhh maybe. . .

• Doom

.. No one is on. We have a snow day today. Too bad I’m on Spring break.

• kelly123

just because they have same first name, don’t mean he can reach timberlake. JT is in a league of his own and no way is beiber ever gonna reach that much stardom. Sure he is big right now, but I think beiber’s label is pushing to make the most money when he can and that is why he released his second album just four months after his debut. so tough luck to all beiber fans cuz he is not going anywhere.

• xJonasXCandyx

maybe when hes older?

• K.F.D.M.S lover

definitely not now
    iwrote it wrong

• walker

i can see it happening

• emma13

i can see it happening when he gets a little bit older. but right now, i dont think so. maybe when his voice breaks or something and he gets a little bit taller as well. but anyways he looks so cute in that picture.

• KeepTheFaith

Bieberlake.

• Hell to the no

Is the write of this article on crack? There is no way this prepubesant little boy will ever get anywhere close to JT! Nice try haha!

• K.F.D.M.S lover

xJonasXCandyx
    hi

• MakeMeMusic

Who knows what Justin will do when he gets older? He’s only sixteen. His voice has not broken yet… If it hasn’t broken yet, when will it???

• NSYNCgirl13

i’m sorry but justin B isn’t Justin T and I don’t think he will im not being mean and im not going 2 call him a fetus its just tht justin T showed amazing talent at the age of like 13 and justin B’s voice is like somnething i have heard before. I completley disagree with JB being the new JT

• ilovemusic

What’s so special about Justin that he’ll stick around? He’ll fade in 2-3 years. I mean, come on, its bound to happen. People WILL get sick of him. He’s talented and all, but I don’t see what’s THAT great about him.
    But he’s only 15, he’ll get better.

• _

noo!! aak ¬¬
    JT is better than hee.
    bieber is only ‘the new’-,-
    but i love he! :DD

• Lisa

Justin Bieber is one fucking hot 16 yr. old if u ask me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• sandyx3jonas

nuh uh!
    nooo wayy!
    nick j is the next justin timberlakee<3
    foshoo:)

• Richard

More like the next Selena Gomez.

mmm .. i think justin b will be bigger then now another years .. but not like justin t .

i mean justin b us justin b .. and justin t is justin t .. dufrent persons ..

but justin b will sucsses !

• _herecomestrouble.

well….he’s already 5’5″ so….

• xJonasXCandyx

_____
    can you make in a Adobe Photoshop CS4

I don’t really know.Maybe.

• mrsdestinyhope

He’ll NEVER- IN A MILLION YEARS. Be AS TALENTED AS TIMBERLAKE! EVER!

TIMBERLAKE IS AN ICON!
    SOMETHING THIS LITTLE FAG WILL NEVER BE!

NUFF SAID!

• colorfulx

I don’t think Justin Bieber will get sexy back.

• Fieldnj

Justin Boober is a disgrace to the music industry and will drop off the face of pop culture by 2011. Stop comparing that twerp to Timberlake and Nick Jonas. Justin Boober doesn’t even write his own songs. At least Nick and Timberlake have a true passion for music. Justin Boober sounds like a nine-year-old girl. I swear his parents have been lying to him about his age. He is not a “stud” or a “hottie” he is ugly and horrible at performing. I feel bad for anyone who wastes money to to go one of his concerts. Stop calling him Bieberlake and JB. Justin Boober is fake, cocky, and will never EVER be the next Timberlake, Nick Jonas, Stevie Wonder, or whoever else he is compared to. Justine Boober’s future does not include music.

oh god, no!

• Mercedes

so lame OU & MTV, the anon predicted this months ago!!

• Mercedes

His name is already Bieberlake bitch!

Justin Beiber, Justin Timberlake, and Justin Guarini should form a trio and perform together with the name “Justin Time”

yes i think so ..

hes talented must agree with me ,and he knowes what hes doing .. so i think that hemight be bigger and bigger.

one more thing is that hes no one of the disney kuds , so he can do whatever he wants :]

• K.F.D.M.S lover

emma13 said:

maybe

What was it like bowling with him? :D
    Was he nice?
    Some guy on a different site said that a girl told him he didnt even pay attention to fans and thought he was the best thing in the world.

• Bowling with bieber

I went bowling with bieber!!!

• lenna

ummmmm , yes !

listen to his new song( next hit trust me ) called “up” – this song sounds lie j t songs ..

i belive justin bieber .. hell prove you all that he can do it !

That’s what I love about Nick Jonas. He doesn’t make music for the masses. He makes music for the love of music. In no way does he think little ten year olds are going to buy his music. He could make any kind of music but this is what he wanted when he recorded it a year ago. Give me that over a 16 year old (can their only be a year between Nick and Justin) who acts and sings like 12. What about the reviewer who noted that his handlers and song writers (since he can’t write on his won) will make sure to not have any musical growth on his records so as not to scare away the children buying it. He will never be the next anyone except gone by next year.

• mdoe

way to have faith justin? you gooootttaaa start learning to respect other artists or everyone will lose their respect for you. you’re still coming up, don’t act like you’re at the top of top.

Listen when I saw Justin Timberlake when he started out the boy came from the Mickey Mouse club and looked like a dorky highvoiced afro head. Seriousily, you would have never thought he would turn out like he did, so, you never know.

• xJonasXCandyx

Mar 24, 2010 @ 10:37 am
    K.F.D.M.S lover said:

xJonasXCandyx
    hi
    hi,wats up?

• mdoe

his voice hasn’t broken yet?

Who will be gone by next year is the Jonas Brothers. They are getting too old for that Disney crowd, they are on their way out the door.

Justin has his age on his side.

I think you guys better take another look at what Justin Timberlake looked like and what he did at 15/16 years old. Somewhat like Bieber but Bieber is bigger cause he is solo.

really sounds like justin T songs ..

justin bieber rocks !!

God No!!!

• K.F.D.M.S lover

Mar 24, 2010 @ 10:42 am
    xJonasXCandyx said:

Mar 24, 2010 @ 10:37 am
    K.F.D.M.S lover said:

xJonasXCandyx
    hi
    hi,wats up?
    nothing now how about you
    do you now how to make on icon

• walker

looked like a dorky highvoiced afro head

___

lmao

What was it like bowling with him? :D
    Was he nice?
    __________
    i can believe it! he sucks, what else is new?

his voice hasn’t broken yet?

• givexlivelove

love him :) xD

• xJonasXCandyx

Mar 24, 2010 @ 10:43 am

Justin has his age on his side.
    Maybe they wont be in disney,its their choice.But that wont mean they will stop making music.

I think the problem they may have with Justin is keeping his ego in check – he seems a little cocky.

• xJonasXCandyx

K.F.D.M.S lover said:
    xJonasXCandyx
    hi
    hi,wats up?
    nothing now how about you
    do you now how to make on icon
    Im watching Friends online:D.
    nah im to lazy to make icons by myself right now

Justins voice is breaking now. He said he is working with vocal coaches to help with the transition.

• Sweetdisposition

“dorky highvoiced afro head” LMAO! I agree, you never know.

The Jonas Brothers may not stop making music BUT there older fans will stop buying it. There image is too gay and Disney for older highschool girls.

• K.F.D.M.S lover

xJonasXCandyx said:

K.F.D.M.S lover said:
    xJonasXCandyx
    hi
    hi,wats up?
    nothing now how about you
    do you now how to make on icon
    Im watching Friends online:D.
    nah im to lazy to make icons by myself right now
    ilove that show can get enough of it
    how do you make them

OU stop being so fucking dumb and post the saylor pics already

Bieber doesn’t pay as much attention to his fans like the Disney stars are coached to. Bieber treats his fans like other musicians do. At most events he is cordial and spends time but at others he needs time alone.

• K.F.D.M.S lover

Sweetdisposition said:

_____
    LOl
    ya even when you look it his pictures when he was young I never thought he would turn out like he did

• xJonasXCandyx

K.F.D.M.S lover said:
    xJonasXCandyx
    hi
    hi,wats up?
    nothing now how about you
    do you now how to make on icon
    Im watching Friends online:D.
    nah im to lazy to make icons by myself right now
    ilove that show can get enough of it
    how do you make them

Photobucket:)

• Sweetdisposition

Justin should collaborate with Sean Paul or Drake that would be rad.

I dont know what Justin Biebers career will be like in the future but I know he will be better looking then Timberlake for sure. I dont think Timberlake is that good looking nor ever was, Bieber is cute and has good looks.

• GoldenGal9311

I’m starting to get the feeling that Justin will stick around.

• GoldenGal9311

HAHAHA. Is Justin really 5’3″? Or did I read that wrong? LMAO. I’m pretty sure he’ll be taller than that.

• K.F.D.M.S lover

xJonasXCandyx said:

K.F.D.M.S lover said:
    xJonasXCandyx
    hi
    hi,wats up?
    nothing now how about you
    do you now how to make on icon
    Im watching Friends online:D.
    nah im to lazy to make icons by myself right now
    ilove that show can get enough of it
    how do you make them

Photobucket:)
    is it easy to do

• K.F.D.M.S lover

GoldenGal9311 said:

_____\
    or maybe he would be short for the rest of hes life that woud be funny hahaha

• Sweetdisposition

Justin Beiber is just so darn cute!

• michellexo

trust me.
    justin bieber ain’t bringin’ sexy back….

• Karen

who bought justin cd?
    What’s your fav song?
    iLOVEjustin!

• eu ja enjoei de ver sóo essa foto dele ¬¬

• Anonymousxx

eeeeeeeeeeeeeepp
    check it out!
    saylor is back
    and cameron and selena..hmmmm

• Janica

2nd ahahhahaha. he’s too much of a fetus to reach justin timberlake

No, no and no.

the only similarity is the name hahaha

it is a different person will do his thing his way nothing to do, people just want to compare
    both are good at what they do;)

• Doom

JAYYSUNN DEHHRULLOO

fuck you shanna

hate him ..

• (:

NO. Thats almost as bad as comparing the jonas brothers and the beatles :| but justin is nothing like JT. I’m sure Justin Bieber will have a giant career not matter what the haters say HE CAN SING. But JT really took MJ insperation and took it to another level. I don’t think Justin will have that influence. BUT HE WILL BE MASSIVE IN ACOUPLE OF YEARS, EVEN MORE THAN NOW:)

____________________________________
    You speak the truth. I am SICK of Justin being compared to Nick. There is NO comparison, at all. Their music isn’t even in the same genre and it must be so insulting to Nick to have his name mentioned in every article written about Justin. I watched Bieber’s Letterman performance. Oh my God. It was just so bad and I could not stop laughing at him. I just do not get the attraction to this kid, at all. Oh well. I’m older, so I guess I will never get it. And if this little wannbe is going to keep criticizing other artists when he himself is not that great, well, maybe that’s what will do him in. Even tho I don’t like his music or style, I might actually have a bit of respect for him for just doing his thing if he wasn’t so arrogant.

• xJonasXCandyx

xJonasXCandyx said:

K.F.D.M.S lover said:
    xJonasXCandyx
    hi
    hi,wats up?
    nothing now how about you
    do you now how to make on icon
    Im watching Friends online:D.
    nah im to lazy to make icons by myself right now

K.F.D.M.S lover said:
    xJonasXCandyx
    hi
    hi,wats up?
    nothing now how about you
    do you now how to make on icon
    Im watching Friends online:D.
    nah im to lazy to make icons by myself right now
    ilove that show can get enough of it
    how do you make them

Photobucket:)
    is it easy to do
    I guess if u know how to use it
    _____
    can you make in a Adobe Photoshop CS4

I think the kid has decent vocals…he’s not on the level of Justin Timberlake. I think he’s cute in a little kid sort of way but very feminine looking. Whereas Justin Timberlake and Usher were youthful but sexy…I don’t feel sexy at all from Bieber.

And I watched him perform on Letterman last night…not impressed with vocals, dancing was alright. I think he is overhyped. He’s good…not great but he might have the potential to become greater.

Hopefully he will surround himself with positive role models and not succomb to the hype of stardom. I already see that a little with him, a little too much cockiness.

• Someone

I don’t think so…

• K.F.D.M.S lover

i have to go
    talk to you later

• lalalalea

n o

• SlippinIntoTheLava x3

LIAM HEMSWORTH DRINKING BEER AT GAME

OMFG! HOW DARE HE!
    THAT STUPID BITCHHHH!

*DIES*

You have to look at him long term like Usher and Justin Timberlake did. He is young and cause of his looks and young voice NOW appeals to tweens and young teens just like USHER AND JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE DID.

Give him a year or 18 months and full puberty will kick in. His voice will drop, he’ll grow taller and fill out becoming more manly. He has been smart enough to surround himself with legitimate artists NOT the Disny teen cirlce.

His next CD will sound more mature and I think he will have an easier time maturing with his audience and when he mature attracting and older teen base cause he is NOT Disney, not part of the whole purity innocent act. He is hanging with rappers, legitimate musicians and is trying to become more of an R&B artist.

The kid stands a better chance then most teen idols. He just needs to hit full puberty first and grow up.

• Dash

Or perhaps the next Usher, since Usher is basically helping Justin model his career after his…

WOW …… STALKERRRRRR!!!!
    can someone call the cops ….?

:/ :/ :/

• Dash

He has a good chance cause he is NOT part of the whole purity ring wearing Disney nonsense. He is trying to surround himself with legit musicians and become an R&B performer.

OMFG! HOW DARE HE!
    THAT STUPID BITCHHHH!

*DIES*
    _______

Not the same person, but isn’t he underage though?

When he hits full puberty and grows up he will appeal to the older girls too. It will happen.

• Sweetdisposition

WOW …… STALKERRRRRR!!!!
    can someone call the cops ….?

:/ :/ :/
    Holy Shit. She’s met so many celebs…I guess celeb stalking is her hobby.