Taylor Momsen, ‘I Wanna Be Kurt Cobain’

taylor-momsen-warped-tour-kickoff-233

Taylor Momsen, who was compared to Courtney Love by her Gossip Girl costar Chace Crawford ['She's very Courtney Love actually'], rejects the comparison. She told Entertainment Weekly: ‘I don’t wanna be Courtney Love, I wanna be Kurt Cobain. He’s brilliant and his songs are genius.

The Hole records are great. Everyone always compares me to Courtney Love because they think we, like, dress the same and we both have blonde hair, wear lipstick and dresses. But I’m sorry, don’t a lot of girls dress like that? I look at Nirvana. I don’t look at Hole.’

Taylor isn’t close with her Gossip Girl castmates: ‘I’m not really close with my cast. We’re all cordial and nice to each other, but we’re not really friends outside of the set.’ On acting: ‘I’ve been acting since I was two. I don’t dislike it by any means, but it’s a job to me. It can never be as personal as music,

Because you’re playing a character and saying someone else’s words. Music is who I am.’ On her clothing: ‘I don’t really like pants, man. I like tights. I’m not really a pants person. I choose not to wear pants.’

• fragilehearts.

Sweetdisposition? said:

I like her but wtf, she’s not friends with her cast?…dude if I was in a show with Chace Crawford, Leighton Meester and Blake Lively (especially Chase:P) I would totally want to hang out with them.

Don’t forget Ed Westwick. :P

• _huajaichumpoo

There’s a first time for everything.

• Sweetdisposition?

fragilehearts. said:

Sweetdisposition? said:

Don’t forget Ed Westwick. :P
    Yepp deff him too, I like his band:D

• fragilehearts.

Don’t forget Ed Westwick. :P
    Yepp deff him too, I like his band:D

wait – what? he has a band?!

• Play

woo! im in the race! bam!

he was,not he is,u idiot.if u didn’t noticed,he died like 16 years ago,tweenie.and whats with u bunch of faggets brothers loving tween who think u can listen 2 grunge rock?

• musiciseverything

So she doesn’t like wearing pants. Hm, interesting…….

• elliesaur

I think everyone else in the cast are friends except her. She’s seem egotistical to me. I’m sorry, I CAN’T like this girl.

• Play

fragilehearts. said:

I. Hate. Taylor. Momsen.

why? cause she’s not disney?

oh! Miss. Anonymous you got Told!
    (BTW OceanUp yeah, 7 + 7 = 14)

• Play

musiciseverything said:
    So she doesn’t like wearing pants. Hm, interesting…….

OceanPoints to you! lol!! Cookies is Low.

• Aly

hahahahahahaahahahahahaa…..WTF-?….hahahaha keep dreaming little girl!!….no one more could be like him!!…HE IS A REAL STAR!!…not like you a girl who wants to be older soon!!…hahahaha…keep dreaming!!

This girl is ridiculous. I pray she’ll find the truth. Dang young people just need some jesus and alone time

• Hannahh

I don’t like wearing pants, man.

• Play

MusicIsEverything is in the OceanPoints race now.

• fragilehearts.

She’s really talented. TO ALL OF YOU WHO NEVER ACTUALLY LISTEND TO HER MUSIC: turn that jonas brothers CD off and go search ‘Zombie’ or ‘You Make Me Wanna Die’ on youtube! She has an amazing voice.

• dilz

i like her
    she may not have a way with words but shes cool

Leave Nirvana alone, Taylor.

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

“Everyone always compares me to Courtney Love because they think we, like, dress the same and we both have blonde hair, wear lipstick and dresses. But I’m sorry, don’t a lot of girls dress like that?”

EXCUSE ME? The other week you SAID that everyone is inspired by your style and they all dress and have their hair and make up like YOU!! FAIL.

• fragilehearts.

Play said:

MusicIsEverything is in the OceanPoints race now.

so are you ;)
    i voted for ya.

• musiciseverything

MusicIsEverything is in the OceanPoints race now.

Booyah! :)

If you wanna be Kurt Cobain, just die like him thanks

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

IM WINNING THE OCEANPOINTS THING !!! XD

• Sweetdisposition?

Wanna be like him? Fine, hurry up and kill yourself so we don’t have to hear/see you anymore.

• leLIVREinterdit

what the hell is oceanpoints???? :P

• Hannahh

What’s this OceanPoints race? :P
    I haven’t been on in like, a month.

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich
  • Sweetdisposition?

fragilehearts. said:

Don’t forget Ed Westwick. :P
    Yepp deff him too, I like his band:D

wait – what? he has a band?!

Yeah they’re called the filthy youth…you should youtube them:D

• iFly…JJ

Wow? Oceanpoints?

You people are unbelievable.

• xsweetiefamiex

she’s just plain annoying. I garuntee you their friends, especially because they work together and spend hours together every single day, they have to have a friendly relationship, am i right? god that girl just brings the negative in sometimes.

• bobthefrog

i think her look is great and whateva floats her boat,
    but shes being pretentious with all this shit

commmon taylor, be nice. its okay to care about haiti and other people – i promise your indie friends will still like you alright?

jeezz grow up, if you wanna kurt kobain then show some maturity
    theres a big enough age difference already.

she wants to die early?

• snowfalls

Who would have thought that little Cindy Lou would be the whore of Whoville?

• all for me

sooo you wanna be a drug addict that shoots himself in the head!!! If you understood Kurt Cobain and the reasons why he wrote great songs I could see you saying that. But really your just a 16 year old wanna be. And wearing bad makeup doesn’t make you a singer honey!!

• PARAM0RExFAN

Honestly. I listend to ‘Make Me Wanna Die’ and she has a really good voice. So people just don’t judge her by the way she dresses, the music only matters :]

I think she’s trying to separate herself from Courtney Love and Hole now,because Courtney love dissed her. Before that incident, she regularly cited Nirvana,Hole,and others as sources of inspiration for her.

And also,what up with the negativity towards Kurt Cobain? You don’t have to attack him just to make a point. Suicide and Drug Addiction are serious problems and they aren’t to be taken lightly. You can express your dislike for Taylor Momsen without making crude comments about Kurt.

Ok, I can promise you half of you disney fans don’t e en know who Kurt Cobain or Nirvana is, the other half at least knows him but is REALLY putting him down with telling her to shoot herself like he did. That’s just mean. Kurt Cobain was messed up but if you watch ONE interview with him, you’d understand he had an f’ed up life. He’s a king of grudge, rock, and the 90’s, not a 16 year old wannabe.

Ok sorry, rant OVER! Haha. Just hadddd to say it! :)

Another music nazi
    shut up and get over yourself
    lots of people know nirvana and lots of people know who kurt cobain is
    people listen to lots of things so stop generalizing

• hithere

pppffff

kurt>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>… taylor

Die due to a drug overdose? Ok, whatever you say tay moms.

• Hilary

-.- wat?

right.
    because that’s gonna happen.

• -JulieSmile-

I agree with you {:
    All the Kurt Cobain Haters…
    Fuck off

YEAH ME TOO – I TOTALLY WANT TO BE A DEAD DUDE

Ok sorry, rant OVER! Haha. Just hadddd to say it! :)

Ok sorry, rant OVER! Haha. Just hadddd to say it! :)

• monster

This girl is seriously fucking retarded.

I personally enjoy her attitude because she speaks what other bubblegum actresses and singers wouldn’t say. I love honesty and she speaks what’s on her mind and how she feels and the way she thinks.

Taylor is a girl I’d probably get along with because we both don’t give a damn. I look up to her. I don’t believe she is egotistical. She just carries herself differently than Miley Cyrus, Selena Gomez, and your “precious” Demi Lovato.

• Diamondback

ZOMG such a rebel. Have another cigarette, dummy.

• Suckit.

I will never ever look up to this girl. I used to think she was brilliant, now she’s just a waste of human space. It’s seriously disgusting to hear her speak. She doesn’t appreciate anything, and her music is shameful. she will NOT be compared to courtney love, compared to this girl, the woman is beautiful. how can she want to be kurt cobain? the guy is a legend, and she’s gonna be over in 2 seconds. i seriously hate this girl with every inch of my soul. she needs to get over herself.

• Liz.

Same here. I thought it was just cus Jenny gets on my nerves, but no it’s just TMom. All the other cast are really good friends, it’s kind of sad.

• peacelove

i wanna like her but with everything i here about her i cant. oh and i’ve heard her music; it sucks

Logan Lerman used to date Kurt Cobain’s daughter

• Suckit.

If you wanna be Kurt Cobain, just die like him thanks

______

WIN!

Is it just me or does she always look like a drugged up prostitute?

• vanessav

Oh you will certainly be there soon honey :/

Someone shoot her, please.

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

Im still winning on OceanPoints, I feel so powerful ;) Vote for me

• fragilehearts.

wait – what? he has a band?!

Yeah they’re called the filthy youth…you should youtube them:D

i didn’t know he could sing. :|
    thanks for telling me. :P

• vale

If I looked like her,damn I wouldn’t want to wear pants either.

• fragilehearts.

Beautiful.Dirty.Rich said:

Im still winning on OceanPoints, I feel so powerful ;) Vote for me

pfft, don’t flatter yourself giiirl xD

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

fragilehearts. said:

Beautiful.Dirty.Rich said:

Im still winning on OceanPoints, I feel so powerful ;) Vote for me

pfft, don’t flatter yourself giiirl xD

__________________

Im feeling very competitive right now :p

• _liesyoutold

i personally think that TayMom is on drugs.
    but no, i don’t hate her.

HA HA. Yea right, you’re not fooling anyone girl. You have copied Courtney Love to a T.

• grace

wow, i love kurt cobain. but she does come across right off the bat as a wannabe and a try-hard. she really wants to be kurt cobain? really? i agree with whomever above who stated that she’s really just a disney personality who decided she wants to be edgy just because she thinks it’s ‘cool’. she’s more immature than all those ‘pop prince and princesses’ people and i don’t even like them! ugh, i hate momsen.

Noooo,she doesn’t sound like a whore at aaaaall..

why do people keep interviewing her? thats my question.

i hate taylor momsen.
    but even i’m gonna defend her by saying,
    SHE MEANS SHE WANTS TO BE LIKE KURT COBAIN WITH HER MUSIC. NOT AS IN SHE WANTS TO DIE YOUNG.
    omfg why are people so stupid.
    _______________
    yeah i know that you fucking idiot. Thats why i said who WOULDNT wana be like him in their teenage years in terms of his angsty talent. So many teens go through a phase. Shes not unique for it!
    Fucking get ur facts right!

Pfftt, im Just don’t like her. not cause shes not disney but becasue she acts like a wannabe BAMF.

• Rita

1)Taylor Momsen, dont EVER try to compare yourself with Kurt Cobain again. Stupid ass

2) Shes the same as miley cyrus in her attempts to look edgy.

3)The only reason u say “i dont look at hole” is because Courtney Love dissed you on a twitter rant. Otherwise before she used to go on about Hole.

• Helen

we’ve noticed you don’t like wearing trousers love ;)

2) Shes the same as miley cyrus in her attempts to look edgy.

• Mareike

oh Taylor and her interviews lol

• Shannah

======================

Lmfao. Bamf. Sorry but i love that saying. And agreeed :D

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

Shannah said:

======================

Lmfao. Bamf. Sorry but i love that saying. And agreeed :D

__________________

What does BAMF mean?

what’s oceanpoints?

• leLIVREinterdit

ok taylor. i still like you. (no homo)

how can you NOT be close to the cast? they’re ont h ere 3rd season, thats sad :P

• leLIVREinterdit

ou, you just had to use that picture didn’t you? smh.

Ughhh Okkk?!!?!?!

The way she is going, she’ll end up like Cobain… a druggie who ends up dead. Way to go, kid.

OH GOD THIS GIRL.

I. Hate. Taylor. Momsen.

• fragilehearts.

I. Hate. Taylor. Momsen.

why? cause she’s not disney?

stop dressind and copying courtney love then u twat.

Yes. Coz Kurt Cobain totally would have been on Gossip Girl and copyed other peoples lyrics.
    Please, your barely on ashlee Simpson’s level so don’t even compare yourself to EITHER of the grunge legends taylor.

• Doly

What teenager wouldnt wana be like him?
    idiot.

What teenager wouldnt wana be like him?
    idiot.
    ——————————————
    i hate taylor momsen.
    but even i’m gonna defend her by saying,
    omfg why are people so stupid.

• NICOLE.

So you want to be like Kurt Cobain?
    I think we should arrange for Courtney Love to kill you too then.

Don’t kid yourself, the man a musical genius.

her music is actually pretty good.
    now if only she would keep her mouth shut because everytime she opens it she comes across as some wannabe BAMF.
    she really, really bothers me. she will NEVER be like kurt cobain or courtney love.
    but, her music is good.