Taylor Swift $500,000 For Nashville Flood

swift-met-2

Taylor Swift is donating $500,000 to flood relief in Nashville. The city was hit by deadly storms and flooding that killed 30. Tay told AP: ‘Being at home during the storm, I honestly could not believe what was happening to the city and the people I love so dearly. Nashville is my home, and the reason why I get..

..to do what I love. I have always been proud to be a Nashvillian, but especially now, seeing the love that runs through this city when there are people in crisis.’ Cleanup and repair is expected to cost more than $1 billion.

Thousands of homes and important landmarks were damaged. GAC will air a telethon May 16 that will include Brad Paisley, Lady Antebellum, Dierks Bentley and other stars live from the Ryman Auditorium.

• Julianna

awww You go T-swizzle!!!

• Panda Bear Love

is that all?

selfish much

Yes, I see you giving 1.000.000.000.000.000.000 to them.

• Disdain

is that all?

selfish much
    Sarcasm right? :D

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

is that all?

selfish much

________________

STFU Its half a million dollars, In my books thats quite a lot

i hate when celebrities say they will make a donation and how much money they will give. Genuine solidarity doesnt need to become advertising.

• Hangover

That is so nice:)

• Kourtney

I know some people who live in Nashville who’s apartments and houses were ruined. I know they really appreciate all that Taylor and everyone else is doing for them right now but there is a lot that still needs to be done. Hopefully it can all be fixed soon and the water drained.

<333

• Disdain

True.

• Panda Bear Love

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING PEOPLE?!
    It’s so lonely here these days.. -.-

• Timber518

That’s so sweet! I was watching the news all last weekend about the flood. Thankfully my city didn’t flood at all, but still, I feel so bad for the people in Nashville. That’s so sweet of her to do that! XD

• LOVE dc

She’s the bestt, I love her :D

• Timber518

WHERE ARE THE FUCKING PEOPLE?!
    It’s so lonely here these days.. -.-

I’m here. XP

• Julianna

ahum.

• Disdain

Watching McKenzie Falls… heheh… heh.

Argh!!! she’s just so amazing.
    I would of done the same.

Argh!!! she’s just so amazing.
    I would of done the same.

• DesiGirl

The entire floor my dorm room is on got flooded. Our floor is the basement of the building, so that’s why. Other parts of campus got flooded too, like the cafeteria and the bookstore basement. Thankfully, though, it was only Hell for a day and then they managed to drain all the water and clean our floor up. They’re already repairing the other damage.

• Nancy1069

Sweet :)

• Julianna

Ou is so damn boring.

• Jazz

:/ OU is so boring now,
    i miss the old oceanup

• Brooketeeeeny

If she didnt say anything, you people would complain she didnt donate enough. She says something, and you people claim its not genuine.

Get over yourselves and realize this was a kind gesture, and should be recognized as one

she needs to do something new with her hair
    it looks ugly

• Timber518

I understand what you’re saying but if she didn’t say anything then how could people complain she hadn’t donated enough if they wouldn’t even know? =/

• Hilary

Aww Taylor =)

True.

______

I love Taylor but i dont like when she talks about it (donations). Thats why i have so much respect for people like jay z and beyonce (for example). Because everyone knows they make so many donations but they never talk about it.

• DesiGirl

Maybe she wants to bring attention to it so other people will donate? It’s called being a role model and setting an example.

Of course it was a kind gesture, but she could have donated and have not spoken about it or about the value of the donation.

you have respect for Jay-Z but not Taylor?
    i completely respect that but wow. i hope you know that Jay-Z is a freemason…

• Dont Changee Me

awwe! i love Taylor Swift. (: shes such a talented & amazing person. she really helped out those people suffering from the flood. (:

• Sweetdisposition?

Love her:D

• Aryanna

Cool Tay ! :)

• DesiGirl

I’m so mad! The chocolates I bought for my mom melted. :(

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

Sweetdisposition? said:

Who’s loving Katy Perry’s new song “california gurls”?

________________

ME :D

Hm. I wouldn’t automatically assume Taylor said anything. All she said was that it’s her home and she wants to help out. Where the actual numbers came from, not sure. But it really could have come from anywhere. I care more about the gesture.

It’s like JB going to the hospital. I could care less that it was filmed. It was the mere fact that that was the first time some of those kids had been that happy in a very long time. All that really matters to me.

Hi taylor, thanks for the clarification. BTW i love you

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

:O OMG I just realised I’m not watching eastenders! Thank god for sky plus xD

• Sweetdisposition?

Aryanna
    Thanks:D I love your icon too, Logan is hot;P

Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

I love the song, it’s so catchy :)

You guys need to get your facts straight. She never advertised it. She called into the Telethon Vince Gill hosted. They were shocked she herself had called in. She made a donation just like all the other people who called in. She has no control over what the media does with her actions. And quite frankly, if the media wasn’t posting about her donation, I can guarantee Nashville wouldn’t be getting as much press because they sure as heck haven’t been getting any when they needed it most at the time of the actual flooding. And another thing, if it wasn’t brought to the media’s attention, she WOULD be bashed for “not doing anything about it” and you haters on OU would be the first to do it. She’s done a wonderful, genuine deed. You have absolutely no reason to say one word against her at this moment.

IA.

It’s sad that society automatically jumps to the most negative conclusions and ulterior motives when a simply kind gesture is made.

Sick world.

• PlainxSIMPLE

selena gomez? o:
    to the left, to the left? o:

oceanup time for a new post

i couldn’t have said that any better myself. good job tay, we love you. <3

i couldn’t have said that any better myself. good job tay, we love you. <3

• Aryanna

Sweetdisposition? said:

Aryanna
    Thanks:D I love your icon too, Logan is hot;P
    —————-
    Yes he is. ;)

• ILoveTaylorSwift

So sweet (:

isn’t Miley Cyrus from Nashville too?
    .. so yeah and how much is she donating? :P

• Fiona

That was sweet of her
    All my best wishes and prayers go out to Nashville

this site is sooo stupid
    it’a has nothing to do with whatt their talkinn bout
    fuck u

• J
  • Fiona

—————————————-

I totally agree. And all the haters should shut up, the amount she gave is a lot of money.

• austin19

you`re definitely from fcking pennsylvania . . .

My Aunt is in nashville, hope shes okay.

• girl crush mileyyyyy

so sweet. :). whats that picture from? her makeup looks jackeddd up! haha.

• TayBrii__?

That’s sweet! :) Love Taylor, she’s awesome.

• Linnyb

She is a GODDESS. She has more depth than the deepest ocean and more heart than a lion… Love this girl. She is someone so well rounded, and beautiful… No one in Hollywood her age has an ounce of her worldliness.

• KM

• Linnyb

• Love-ato

Aww :) That’s sweet. And that’s a big contribution.

Praying for the people there <3

• Disdain

WOAH! Taylor is so kind-hearted!

• HOT DAYUMMM

Rich bitch d:

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

That was really sweet of her :)

• Aryanna

Sweetdisposition?
    I LOVE your new icon !! =D
    And I like that song too. ;)

• Sweetdisposition?

Who’s loving Katy Perry’s new song “california gurls”?

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

That was really sweet of her :)

(Woops double post)

• Kourtney

<33333333333333333

is that all?

selfish much

is that all?

selfish much
    I don’t see you doing anything extreme to help.
    so you should keep your mouth shut and only comment when you’re actually above her level of generosity.

• TSLove

Its more then Reba donated.

I don’t see you paying $500,000 for Nashville ?
    Soo.. you’re the selfish one.. right ? =)

• Panda Bear Love

Sweet of her to do that..

• carrie

Gabriella said:

she just gave half a million dollers of her own well earned money and people are still complaining…WTF is wrong with the world?!? ILOVETAYLOR

You are so right. Instead of squandering her hard earned money on big flashy parties and Mercedes cars, she gives generously. Taylor also gave $250,000.00 to schools on her birthday while she celebrated with a party in her parents home & she & her mom did the cooking & baking – I love Taylor, she may be rich, but she has a heart of gold and is still down to earth.

• Gabriella

• Disdain

So… if Panda Bear Love is still online, lets talk about the Boob Hunter and The Epic Stroes… okay?

This just made me love her even more if thats even possible :)

• TSLove

Aww she’s so kind!

• Kourtney

Taylor was not boasting about how much she gave, her guitarist was the one to disclose how much she gave and that is what sites are posting based off of. If he hadn’t said anything probably no one would know

• Timber518

Its more then Reba donated.

How much did Reba donate?

• ImAFckingAnonShutUpBitch

fckingmofoassniggabeatyooassfckingjackiechanwithbrosandhoesmichaeljacksonjoejacksonmthafkcinbitch!

• - Blair Waldorf -

Wow, that’s a lot of money.
    But that was very generous.

OMG SHE’S WEARING A PUSH UP BRA o:

you have respect for Jay-Z but not Taylor?
    i completely respect that but wow. i hope you know that Jay-Z is a freemason…

dont tell me you are that kind of people who thinks he is a freemason because of his trade hand sign and in some songs he says things like Jesus cant save you…i know have been many suspicions that Jay-z is connect with Freemasonry but it has never been confirmed and that has nothing to do with the donations he does and his work with red cross and united nations.
    And i have respect for Taylor and i know she is a kind and generous person i just dont like when celebrities talk about donations, thats all.