Miley, ‘I’m A Huge Michael Jackson Fan’

Miley told MTV: ‘It’s just crazy again with the media and all that. Nobody ever wrote an article just to say, ‘Hey, Michael, we really appreciate what you do!’ I wish I would have had the opportunity [to tell him how I felt about him when he was alive]. Not enough people told him [how great he was] and I think it’s..

..sad that you have to wait till it’s too late. But I think he knows. I’m a huge fan of Michael Jackson. When I met Lady Gaga I was wearing a Michael Jackson T-shirt and, for me, that was completely surreal, because the female artist that inspired me and the male artist that inspired me is a lot of Lady Gaga and a..

..lot of Michael Jackson. And a little bit of a mix so that picture [in the MJ T-shirt meeting Gaga] means a lot to me. Again, I think God works in mysterious ways and had me wear that for a reason.’

was this a crime or something of her to say
    that she loves michael jackson. i mean
    why do you always have to take every word she says so seriously let her live her life
    and if you hate then stfu

• Hilary

Same, bb.
    I cannot believe it has been a year since Michael Jackson has gone.

• Hangover

R.I.P Michael.
    Miley is Adorable<3

• MissSmiley

Almost Blue said:

I kinda cringe any time she talks.
    It’s like contradiction at its finest.

_______________

Told you this already, but I don’t think you saw it: your icon… epic! Gorgeous! I loooooooove Leonardo DiCaprio <3

• Hangover

Hilary said:

Same, bb.
    I cannot believe it has been a year since Michael Jackson has gone.
    ______

Me neither:(
    Love your icon BTW:)

• HoneyBee

Ive been a fan of MJ since i was 6, never hated him.
    I still believe hes alive out there… somewhere…
    BTW if Miley don’t like pop music what types does she like?

• xJonasXCandyx

MJ FTW<33

• HOLAA

I am confused :)
    MJ D:

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

*facepalms* #fail

Didnt they just post a few hours ago that the only POP artist she liked was Lady Gaga? SMH

RIP Michael Jackson

Miley is full of shit. She loves pop and she knows it.
    And uh, EVERYONE loves MICHAEL JACKSON. It’s not news if flippin Miley says she loves him.

Don’t bitch, you know it’s true. You would say the same if Selena or Demi said they were fans -_-

• NeverShoutNeverrr

i miss mj. :(

• iceecream6

I’m a huge Michael&Lady GaGa fan toooo :) I mean both they’re musics greatt, & they’re both extremely talented. Miley chose the right people to look up to(:

You cant believe the order of when she say these things on OU. They post whatever they get and dont organize it. You guys are blaming her for contradicting when really its OU and your fault you’re not doing your own research.

• LoveLautner

But I thought Gaga was the one pop artist you do like. I don’t get itttt.

WTF she totally jumped on the band wagon when he died, she NEVER mentioned him when he was alive . . .

• _Tiger_

Ashley said:
    OMG WILL THIS GIRL EVER SHUT UP!
    Lmao.

YEAH MILEY YOU SAID IN MANY INTERVIEWS THAT YOU DONT LISTEN TO POP MUSIC… WHAT ARE YOU OR WHO AR YOU TRYING TO CONVINCE….AND YEAH SERIOUSLY BE HONEST AND TELL THE TRUTH DONT SAY NEVER THEN LIKE YOUVE NEVER HEARD JAY Z!!!!?!!
    OH GEEZ MILEY BE REAL

• MeenuD

Your kidding me Miley? Michael Jackson is also pop music.

• stronzaa

hjgjkgjh

This girl needs to write everything she says because she’s coming off as a hypocrite. R.I.P. MJ. It still sounds so weird typing that or even saying it. Feels so surreal.

• LoveLautner

____________

WTH? No. It doesn’t matter if she said this before or after she said she only like Gaga. It’s still a contradiction.

OH MAN!! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!?! she’s fan of EVERYTHING!! ¬¬

• MissSmiley

I appreciate her for saying this, but seriously, what the f? I love you Milerz, but Michael is also pop music.

• bad wolf

Maybe Miley “forgot” about MJ’s child molesting, huh?

• emma13

lol i thought the only pop artist she likes is lady gaga. wow smh.

• stronzaa

miley cyrus bestitoss jshdjks jomsss ://
    joss kokoko losepiedos -)

• Almost Blue

I kinda cringe any time she talks.
    It’s like contradiction at its finest.

• NeverShoutNeverrr

bad wolf said:

Maybe Miley “forgot” about MJ’s child molesting, huh?

gtfo.

• Danger-ous

Thanks Miley Obvious. He’s Michael Jackson, the whole fucking planet is a fan.

And furthermore, who’s going to say they’re NOT a fan of MJ? He was a musical genius and he’s dead.

Oh yea, and he’s the King of Pop. That shit you apparently “don’t listen to”.

Her dumbness is profoundly expanding.

• Almost Blue

Aww. Thanks!
    I agree. He’s gorgeous! :)

• Ashley

OMG WILL THIS GIRL EVER SHUT UP!

Did you guys hear that Michael Jackson was the king of like punk-edgy-rock-n-roll-non-mainstream music? Yeah, lady gaga too. That’s why miley is such a huge fan of his. :) yeaaaahh. Not pop. Pop sucks, right Miles? She listens to ZERO pop.
    ZERO.
    Miley also thinks that her younger self would think that she’s a sellout! Yup, but that’s not what her music is about. Her music is “deep” and “edgy” – oh my my my is it edgy.
    Take this really poetic line from her latest deep-and-edgy song: “I go through guys like money flying out their hands/they try to change me but they realise they can’t.”
    heck, here’s another: “…have to get my way/24 hours a day/ cause I’m HOT like that” so deep…

i love miley but i lol’d.

IDK I’ve learned to not take things she says seriously though. Miley’s your typical pretentious 17 year old. She’ll grow out of it.

• ANSWER ME PLEASE

can someone answer this please , why does she says she don’t like or listen to pop if she SINGS POP ?

I think she only ever made the anti-pop music “declaration” to seem cool and aloof. Like she doesn’t have to try, she is just that cool. She doesn’t listen to Jay Z, she is just that cool.

She’s one the Disney channel and sings pop music. She’s as white bread as Wonder, so she really needs to STFU.

I love your icon. I was just listening to that song today and smiling at the memories.
    It took me 5 months at least to mourn over his death.

whatever happened to “i listen to zero pop music” ?

It went down the drain along with “I don’t date actors as a rule”

• biebsoulmate

i bet she said it just 2 b nice. she is not no fan.

• Hangover

Hilary said:

Same, bb.
    I cannot believe it has been a year since Michael Jackson has gone.
    ______

Me neither:(
    Love your icon BTW:)

i love your Maylor icon =)
    _____

Michael Jackson was amaziiing.

Lady GaGa not so much.

whatever happened to “i listen to zero pop music” ?

• Danger-ous

Anonymous
    Jun 25, 2010 @ 01:02 pm

It took me 5 months at least to mourn over his death.
    Thank you! I was sad that day and will always be sad, but he was a genuine and wonderful human being and his music affected my life forever. :)

bad wolf said:
    Maybe Miley “forgot” about MJ’s child molesting, huh

• wtfbecca

i think there are exceptions to her not liking pop music like M.J. and Gaga. What the hell is wrong with people when their biggest concern is what kind of music somebody listens to? It’s really not that big of a deal.

• peacenlove

wtfbecca said:

totally agree =]

I agree but damn, she doesn’t have to lie about it. She likes Pop. Even if it’s a couple of Pop songs, SHE LISTENS TO POP, period. She is full of shit. I officially do not believe a word she says anymore -_-

Didn’t Lady Gaga have hits after she put out all the Hannah Montana albums? ? ? So could she inspire you.

• lodes

wow. i just laughed so hard at her oblivious stupidity. First off, a sign from God? really? Go back to school, and maybe learn some new vocab words to put in your lyrics.

Second, i just gotta repeat what everyone has said. She hates pop? shes just trying to get attention for “being different”, when really, shes completely mainstream. Everyone she ‘looks up’ to is POP, and so is her “deep, and meaningful” songs about how much she wants to be a slut, but she feels like the media wont let her.

• Hilary

Btw
    It’s crazy .. how time flies .. =(

• wtfbecca

i don’t think she purposely lies about it. Maybe she listens to it so little that when they ask her it’s easier to say she doesn’t listen to it at all? Just because she slips up once doesn’t mean that she’s “full of shit”. You shouldn’t be so judgmental. Are you saying you’ve never told a lie?

• wtfbecca

lodes said:

geez. somebody put a stick in your ass. don’t be so bitter.

• peacenlove

she never said she hate pop music!
    she just dont listen to it alot she likes preforming it but not listen to it! so stop making a big deal out of it!!

• Danger-ous

• _Tiger_

bad wolf said:
    Maybe Miley “forgot” about MJ’s child molesting, huh?
    -_-

• NeverShoutNeverrr

Hilary said:

Btw
    It’s crazy .. how time flies .. =(
    ikr??
    last time i checked it was 11. :(

• MeenuD

_Tiger_ said:

bad wolf said:
    Maybe Miley “forgot” about MJ’s child molesting, huh?
    -_-

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

• LoveLautner

r.i.p mj and love you miley and haters stfu you do not have to come here dam use common sense and plus this interview is old get your ass off of ou and get a life

____________

Says the person ON OceanUP?

• NeverShoutNeverrr

Tiger_ said:

bad wolf said:
    Maybe Miley “forgot” about MJ’s child molesting, huh?
    -_-

ROFL.
    i love it.

• LoveLautner

____________

Says the person ON OceanUP?

Wrong. She’s mentioned countless times that thriller was her inspiration for the fly on the wall video, when he was still a live.

• Hilary

100% agree

• yelyah

are you, really?

• kate

“i hate pop music, but i love Michael Jackson, the king of pop.”
    my goodness miley.

• Natalie

love mileeey & michael.<3

much for not listening to Pop music.. To write it you must know.. Miley just be honest:/

• peacenlove

ANSWER ME PLEASE said:

she says she like to perform pop music but she prefer lisening to other music

SO NOW THAT “CAN’T BE TAMED” TANKED AND DIDN’T DEBUT AT #1 CAN YOU GUYS QUIT DOING POST ABOUT HER I MEAN SHE FADING AWAY PRETTY FAST!

• MissSmiley

________________

BAHAHAHAHAH omg that’s such a funny joke! You could be a comedian!

• biebsoulmate

well ANSWER ME PLEASE because she trying 2 b some1 she not or she just not that smart 2 understand that yet.

• mywoohooishuggingout

ANSWER ME PLEASE said:

———————————
    MJ don’t like pop
    and now?

i’m not sure the genius he was would have cared much about what the little twit thought. especially when she completely bashes and refutes the ‘pop’ music that he played a large role in establishing (and yet she sings it because she’s fake)

*sigh*

• HarryPotterFTW

Let’s take a look at Miley’s quotes;
    “I refuse to date actors as a rule.”
    “Me and Liam have been together for a year.”
    “I listen to ZERO pop music.”
    “I LOVE Lady GaGa.”
    “I’m a HUGE Michael Jackson fan.”
    “A lot of [pop] songs are super shallow, but this music isn’t.”
    “I got trough guys like money flying out their hands.”
    “Every guy everywhere just gives me mad attention/Like I’m under inspection/ I always get a 10, cause I’m built like that.”
    ——————-
    I seriously can’t believe her anymore.

Hannah Montana Forever promoshoot ! http://www.mileyimages.net/thumbnails.php?album=1005

True she does contridict herself. it’s not bad to not like something, but if ur gonna say it step to it and not contridict everything you say.

• wtfbecca

How many times are you going to shove that pictures in peoples faces? Who cares if the album or the song was number 1? IT ISN’T ANYMORE CURRENTLY. Her song CBT is no where on the top 10 on itunes and the ablbum is number 4. Her music is good but it isn’t that special to stay on top. Stop kissing her ass for god sakes.

i wasn’t “shoving that picture on peoples faces” or kissing her ass, geeez, I only posted it once to prove a point. An album does not have to stay number 1 forever to be successful. It’s doing better than anything selena has put out (not hating, i actually thinks she’s okay). And the song, can’t be tamed, is currently at #14. That is pretty close to top ten and the MV stayed #1 for weeks. so shut the fuck up and sit down. thank you : )

• _liesyoutold

I thought Lady Gaga’s the only pop singer she likes.

• FallingOverMe

bad wolf said:
    Maybe Miley “forgot” about MJ’s child molesting, huh?
    -_-

——————————-

Whoa! you was expressive.Haha! I agree if your point!

• FallingOverMe

• Shion

Again, I think God works in mysterious ways and had me wear that for a reason

… *facepalm* -___-

YOU DON’T HAVE TO LIKE THE MUSIC IN ORDER TO BE A FAN. YOU CAN LIKE/ADMIRER THEM FOR OTHER REASONS.

• wtfbecca

hopefully you’re being sarcastic because can’t be tamed did not tank. It was #1.

ZERO.

• realistgangsta

• xJonasXCandyx

Maybe Miley “forgot” about MJ’s child molesting, huh?
    ________
    -_-

She is being a hypocrite.

I hate Pop Music. I think it’s lame.

OMG I SING POP.
    OMG I LOVE MICHAEL JACKSON!
    OMG I LOVE BRITNEY SPEARS
    OMG I LOVE LADY GAGA!

Miley, stfu. She is also hypocritical about other shit too, and it pisses me off >_<

Why do you always have to compare me to her? Stop fucking using that as an excuse. this is about her and how she has false claims about her likes and dislikes. I bet she lied when she said she hates Glee. I eman if she does, ok. But she really needs to watch what she says because she ends up changing the story right after. I’m just saying this cause she has a habit of dissing and complaining about people who say stuff about her when the girl needs to wake the fuck up and realize her words and actions are always the cause for it! In a bad sense anyway. Seriosuly, Miley can do whatever she wants. I don’t care. She just needs to realize that lying about something about her to make her seem cool is really stupid and I don’t mean that for just her, I mean it in general too.

• Hilary

Same, bb.
    I cannot believe it has been a year since Michael Jackson has gone.
    ______

Me neither:(
    Love your icon BTW:)

i love your Maylor icon =)

Seriously? She thinks that her wearing an MJ shirt is a sign from God? No, she wore it because she jumped on the bandwagon and did what was “cool”. I hated those kids at my school who were wearing MJ shirts because everyone else was doing it.
    Oh and to the person that said she never mentioned MJ before. I thought the same thing, but apparently she said that the Fly on the Wall music video was inspired by him.

• LoveLautner

Maybe Miley “forgot” about MJ’s child molesting, huh?

____________

Maybe you “forgot” that he was proven innocent?

• Disdain

You can’t front no’ moar! You like pop, bitch!

• carbomb__

Once again she confuses me.

liar!