Demi Lovato ‘More Radio Friendly’ Music

Demi told MTV: ‘I’m now just taking that next step and learning how to make my music more radio-friendly but also stay very artistic, and for me that’s R&B. I can put my vocal stylings on songs that are R&B and it showcases my vocals more than just singing really loud on a rock song.

It’s really nice to embrace it. I grew up singing R&B and then I grew up listening to rock, so it was kind of weird. But I’m kind of learning how to incorporate the two and I’m having a good time with it.’

On inspirations Keri Hilson and Rihanna: ‘It’s something I want to focus on and really pour myself into it. I don’t want to rush it out. I definitely feel like I’m proud of everything I put out there.‘ Choosing outfits for the tour: ‘I had a rack that filled out an entire warehouse. I just went through it and it took me like six, seven hours to fit all the outfits for the tour. It was fun!

This is for one of the ‘Camp Rock’ looks that I sing the duet ['Wouldn't Change a Thing' with Joe Jonas] in, and here are the crazy shoes also. I mean they’re not crazy like Lady Gaga, but for me they are. I’ve never performed in stilettos, so we’ll see how this goes.

I feel like it’s more Rihanna than Lady Gaga. I’m a huge Rihanna fan and I also love spikes and anything leather. And I have this crazy jewelry. Actually this one [ring] is pretty crazy [with all its spikes], and the bracelets have twice as many spikes. Overall, I guess you can say there’s a ton of spikes in my wardrobe.’

are u stupid? I don’t need to speak English in my country for understand me … people here really are so smart, they read only the title not the post, SMH, OU has only stupid people?

• Danger-ous

Why is she forever trying to be like someone else? Yesterday it was Kim K, today it’s Rihanna.

Find your own identity and be your own person. She’s so horrible and unaware.

• jannetgirl147

shes sounds all boring and tired but i stil love you demi

I love her! Spikes that’s totally Demi.

Oh everyone shut up.

IMO miley is also fake she changed too fast and changed really everything!
    i really love selena but she should stop singing or singing live^^
    the old demi didn’t care and now…:(

first?

In other words she’s selling out because her ‘own’ music isn’t successful. I guess I don’t blame her, but yeah that’s kinda lame.

• MallaM

DO YOU WANT TO WIN AN IPAD OR TICKETS FOR JUSTIN BIEBER??

The only thing you have to do is making an account on this site:

And make your dream come true!!
    Good luck xoxo

• all for me

yeah I thought she liked death metal? Come on you a rocker or not!

• LoveToLove

first?

_________

hahaha that happens to me all the time too o_O

• KillyGirl6

i want her REAL music,what happenned with Demi?? anyway…
    Hope this album will gonna be well…great :)

• Olives’z

Aug 12, 2010 @ 12:34 pm

=======================================

THIS THIS THIS!
    I used to really like Demi but now I dunno anymore. She’s working out to be more “fit” and have a “better” body. She changed her skin, her teeth, her hair, her style… she’s even making that stupid “duckface”.
    The only thing that was true to me was her music and she’s changing that too.

I’m not saying she can’t change it up or mature, but it’s getting ridiculous now.

• EASYMAC.

i always thought her voice sounded better with r&b vibes. now rihanna isn’t exactly the definition of r&b but whatever. her throwback stuff i’ve always liked more than the newer. stay with your roots i say.

• Jessx7x

she can pull it off..i cant wait to hear her new sound

demi is just fake. tryna be like RiRi now? pshh.. its cause her music has neever played on the radio so now she was to go all R&B/Pop to join in with everyone else. tryna pull a miley cyrus and change her sound.

Demi = FAKE!

Miley and Selena all the wayyy !!! <3

Radio-friendly music? Wow Demi, it’s not about that.

I really don’t want some R&B crap from her. She should just stick to what she knows instead of trying to change herself.

• heartinvasion?

what happened to rock?
    i used to be such a demi fan.
    she’s such a sellout now, sorry.
    IA. I mean radio friendly, LOL.
    Yeah because your last 2 albums barely sold shit and radio don’t give you airplay besides Radio Disney.
    But maybe if she had ‘Radio Friendly’ music than people would know about her and buy her album.

• EASYMAC.

does it count as changing, if that’s what you use to do anyway? im thinking not so much.

• heartinvasion?

Demi should play the music she WANTS to play. Just because those songs don’t play on mainstream radios doesn’t mean no one will know about it and not buy it ^_^
    Ugh, she’s only trying to make everyone else happy than herself and fit Hollywood standards.

• iSarcasticING

this is not demi… the DEMI i used to know didn’t care if her songs weren’t on the radio all the time… this demi is just begging for attention now.

i feel sorry for her… hollywood got to her.

Demi never sing pure rock, she sing POP rock… what problem it sing RnB? SMH people here do not understand nothing at all, better stay in school

THIS THIS!

OMG people read the entire interview, and stop acting like retards …

I love when people who clearly don’t have English as a first language try to tell other English-speaking people to stay in school, while we’re the ones having to interpret what the hell you are actually saying with your broken-English-self. S.M.H

• xLOLAx

She really is a sell-out. Why would she change her music just so her songs can be played on the radio? Wow. I liked her so much in 2008…now she’s just becoming so fake.

iSarcasticING said:

i feel sorry for her… hollywood got to her.

THIS

• iSarcasticING

she’s a real sell-out.

changing your music style
    dying your hair
    make more tracks that will be played on the radio.

• stay golden

i agree. by the way, i fucking LOVE your icon.
    dwight <3333

• iSarcasticING

i agree. by the way, i fucking LOVE your icon.
    dwight <3333

***

LMAO. the office is my favorite show. :D

• Jamie

Um, no, Selena is a fake… Demi is amazing :)

Lots of people respect Demi as is. Hell, my dad heard ‘Make A Wave’ and said that she made Joe sound good. Demi can pull-off any gerne. I went to go see her David Archie tour and she sang Aretha Franklin amazingly. She CAN sing R&B, but she SHOULD stick to rock IMO.

• stay golden

what happened to rock?
    i used to be such a demi fan.
    she’s such a sellout now, sorry.

me too!
    i loved demi’s music BECAUSE of the rock and now…?! :( she changed so much IMO! miss the old demi!

• HOLAA

I need her music in my life…

• LoveToLove

She used to be so unique now she’s just normal o_O

She is different ://
    All the music she writes fits her<3
    You can feel all the emotions and it’s amazing.
    She shouldn’t change what makes her happy and works for her.

• JB rocks my socks

hate to say it but thats the way I see it too
    I love her with her guitar.
    I hate it when she sings poppy songs
    I dunno maybe Ill like her new stuff… maybe I wont.
    I just hope its not a drastic change. Cuz change can be good. But she shouldn’t lose herself.

da reason demi is tryin to be radio friendly is because of the unloyal fans who choose to buy untalented mainstream bimbos albums other than hers, and u guys always moan and say she never on da radio didnt go gold yadayadayada!!! Stop bitchen and go out and buy Dont Forget and HWGA bitches

omg.. these comments. lol you people have no idea what y’all are talking about.

• xxyoubelongwithmexx12

Hmmm…I think I liked Demi before

• EvaSnow

Aug 12, 2010 @ 01:36 pm

Aug 12, 2010 @ 01:31 pm
    heartinvasion? said:

Her 2 albums didn’t even go gold yet. That’s how irrelevant she is. But she can do whatever she wants, I don’t care anymore.

==============

Here We Go Again went Gold in Brazil without any promotion. And IMO its not really about album sales, its about TALENT.
    _________
    It’s probably about album sales for Demi otherwise she wouldn’t change her whole style. Otherwise she wouldn’t want to be “radio friendly”. And she might be famous in Brazil/South America, but she’s not really famous in Europe. Not like Jonas Brothers, Miley Cyrus and Selena Gomez.

Aug 12, 2010 @ 01:41 pm

Yeah i agree.. she is in the shadow of jonas since they took her on tour and since selena and miley are on the radio all the time demi is probably not happy at her career..but it doesnt mean shes a sell out ..if her albums didnt go gold..( but hit #1) then she shouldnt wait for her next album to not go gold

=================

THIS!

[IMG]http://i33.tinypic.com/2qkjn0z.jpg[/IMG]

• demiUK

Here’s an idea – why don’t we wait untill we hear her new stuff and THEN judge it.

• natjbguitargirl

she can pull of any sound it doesnt matter she has the voice and to me maybe she wants to switch it up if she wants to let her do what she wants ill support her 100%.

I really don’t know what to say.

Miley & Selena <33

• liz

i will support this girl no matter what she does!!!! i love you demi!! keep rocking it!

• xCookieMuffin

Shes all over the damn place. She doesn’t
    know what she wants :/. Her music better
    be good. Shes become a total sell out.
    Sorry Demi- but its true. :s

• iLoveChimpanzee

lmfao
    smh at you people
    R&B is actually my favorite genre because of the way you can use the lyrics.

the only sell out is yall god forbid Demi try to get payed and appreciated yall dont get satisfied with nothing u r da ones who r not requestin her songs on da radio and dont vote for her on award shows etc I will buy Demis album regardless she can sing Country for all i care i love her artistry and her message she conveys thru her music

• Hehe!

There is no such thing as a sell-out. It’s called change. Change that you people seem to have a problem with. If the people in the media change at some point it their lives, that does not make them a “sell-out”, it means they’re growing and finding who THEY are. It’s wrong to be mad at them for not always being that person you looked up to at one point. And don’t say she’s gonna gain unloyal fans, and lose true ones, ’cause if you’re a TRUE fan, you won’t have an issue to begin with. AND if you really have an issue with someone you DO NOT know changing, then go to fucking therapy with that shit. You control freak. Ugh!
    BTW: Love you Demi, you looked FOINE at the concert. I only went for you.

• cantbetamed1

I will never change, in the LA, LA Land Machine

Lol good one Demi.

• Hehe!

BTW: Love you Demi, you looked FOINE at the concert. I only went for you.

• xohunter

demiUK said:

———————-
    Thank God you said that. Smartest comment I’ve read all day here on OU.

• mileyistheboss

no effing comment

• xohunter

Do you blame the girl? I bet you Disney’s been on her ass because she’s just NOT selling. Besides, R&B really showcases her voice and if people could finally hear all the talent she has than maybe they’d have a lot more respect for her.
    It’s honestly a smart move and I don’t see why anyone else is even complaining?
    She made two pop rock albums that weren’t successful like her peers on Disney.
    If you were a true fan you’d be happy that she’s trying to take this route so she can finally find some success.

why is everyone hatiing on demi? people change. she knows her music doesn’t play on the radio but thats what she WANTS. she wants to change up her sound. but i think demi doesnt need the jonas brothers anymore and should follow her own footsteps.

• ThaNameIsMimi

Aug 12, 2010 @ 02:14 pm
    Hehe! said:

BTW: Love you Demi, you looked FOINE at the concert. I only went for you.

=====================

Omfg. i love you for saying that! i agree 100% & im gonna buy her new album asap!

• PeaceandLovato

Oh stop it you guys! She is just trying to find her own style! Rock wasn’t the way to go for her, and she wants to try something new! Miley did it, and now Demi is doing it. but instead of doing what Miley did, she is making her image more adult like by being classier and more mature! I love her! She rocks!

Yeah i agree.. she is in the shadow of jonas since they took her on tour and since selena and miley are on the radio all the time demi is probably not happy at her career..but it doesnt mean shes a sell out ..if her albums didnt go gold..( but hwga hit #1) then she shouldnt wait for her next album to not go gold

• cantbetamed1

Girl is more fake than Barbie!

• Jamie

No, Selena is more fake than Barbie… Demi is awesome :)

she mad cause her music doesnt play on the radio.
    haha
    suck it
    demi.

• EvaSnow

Aug 12, 2010 @ 12:30 pm
    cantbetamed1 said:

Girl is more fake than Barbie!
    ________
    MTE…It’s such a shame..

• iMystified

more radio friendly music would be music that doesn’t hurt my ears O.O
    now,I don’t mean just her music.
    but today’s music,in general.

no doubt,it sucks. :l

FIRST!

• Anonymouse

Her songs with We the Kings is the only song she had on the radio with success so her own songs would be better!

• Marissa

You guys really need to calm down. I agree, she has changed a lot but thats part of the whole disney process! Miley went through it, and now its her turn. I guess she’s just trying to “find herself”. And IMO, her voice fits R&B better then it does rock bcuz she doesnt have to scream to reach the notes. Anywhoo, im excited to hear what her album will sound like.

• Jamie

I hate Selena’s music… heck, I hate Selena in general. She has this picture-perfect image, and it’s just so damn fake… plus, Selena couldn’t sing if her life depended on it.

Demi, on the other hand, isn’t afraid to be real. She’s also an AMAZING singer. :) YOU’RE AWESOME, DEMI!!!

demi is changing as an artist . and just because shes growing up and getting more mature and wanted to experiment with new sounds doesnt meen shes fake or a sell out . demi cant always do what u want her to do shes her own person

• EvaSnow

Aug 12, 2010 @ 01:02 pm

_____
    Well she/he at least went to school to learn a second language. I’m not being mean to you, but a lot of people here come from different countries and have English as their second language. I’m already glad that everyone tries to speak English on OU.

• Swiftygal

WHATEVAS demi!!!! She only wants to be more radio friendly cause she sees shes fading ..shes going to lose real fans and gain fake unloyal fans…being on the radio only is for popularty and to be mainstream and shes not ready to be mainstream…taylor on the other hands :)

• Live Like There Is No Tomorrow

Dear Demi,

I used to love you when you were that sweet rocker texan girl back in 2008. Right now you are annoying and fake. I don’t hate you, but i don’t like you like I used to.

Love, Martha

This was just a delicate way of her saying “I’m selling out.”

• Yasmine

All you haters need to shut up. Demi has always been singing more R&P and soulful music
    like Christina Aguilera and Kelly Clarkson. Check out these videos of her singing before she even got famous for her “rock”.

Definitely not rock at all. And it sounds amazing.

Everyone changes up there music styles throughout their career, that’s how people stay relevant and figure out what works best for them. Look at Christina Aguilera, her first album was so cookie cuter pop, and when she got more creative control she took it in the direction of her stripped album (more hip hop & pop, yet still soulful), and when she switched it up with back to basics and it was soulful and still amazing. Artists are known for VARIETY!

Look at Paramore, they have amazing music and I have a fan. But when was Hayley William been in the airwaves like she was/is with Airplanes? I don’t ever recall her song people played ever 5 minutes on every radio station. Does that make Hayley a sellout because she got on an R&B and Rap track? No that makes her an artist collaborating with other artists.

Omfg you guys stfu…demis not a sell out..she just wants to be more known…i understnad her! I would hate to be in the shadow of the joans brothers, selena and miley! She ants her own sound and voice and i think remember december is radio friendly. If you want to see a real sell out look at avril lavigne..shes all tom boy one year and the next shes all blonde with pink highlights and girly and stuff ew

• wccohj

ygyFO6 ggusebshsbrz, [url=http://uwodmpoikhuf.com/]uwodmpoikhuf[/url], [link=http://xpeboodvzdzt.com/]xpeboodvzdzt[/link], http://nrgpzfnbooga.com/

• heartinvasion?

Aug 12, 2010 @ 01:31 pm
    heartinvasion? said:

==============

• Jazz_

I want the rock Demi back.

• HoneyBee

“Some may say i need to be afraid of losing everything because of where i had my start and where i made my name, well everythings the same in the la la land machine”

Thats right Demi, keep tryna fit in the
    hollywood agenda, and dont live by the words
    that YOU wrote in “La la Land”

• adw014

She Love ALl My Fav Singers So Thats Why DEMI’s THE BESTT ! 4get all her hATERS

If she grew up singing R&B, how is she a sellout? Her going to Rock when she USED to do R&B would make her a sellout than her going BACK to R&B!