Taylor Swift VMAS PERFORMANCE 2010

Taylor Swift‘s new song ‘Innocent’ about Kanye West.

She showed that she still wants attention from it. She’s so full of herself and played the victim. Plus, she needs some singing lessons

me thinks you’re tone deaf. every time she went high her pitch faltered. face it, she’s an unbelievable song writer and i have every single one of her studio albums, her sets are fantabulous and her fashion sense is a breath of fresh air in todays world where wearing nothing is considered fashionable, but her live singing? not so great. every singer has their fault.

Lyrics to Innocent by Taylor Swift

I guess you really did it this time
    Left yourself in your war path
    Lost your balance on a tightrope
    Lost your mind trying to get it back

Wasn’t it easier in your lunchbox days?
    Always a bigger bed to crawl into
    Wasn’t it beautiful when you believed in everything
    And everybody believed in everything

And everybody believed in you

CHORUS
    It’s alright, just wait and see
    Your string of lights are still bright to me, oh
    Who you are is not what you’ve been
    You’re still an innocent
    You’re still an innocent

There’s some things you can’t speak of
    But tonight you’ll live it all again
    You wouldn’t be shattered on the floor now
    If only you were seeing what you know now, then Wasn’t it easier in your firefly catching days?
    And everything out of reach someone picked up and brought down to you

You’re still an innocent
    You’re still an innocent Lost your balance on a tightrope
    It’s never too late to get it back

…ew.

she sucked ass

• Gearsarealwaysturning

I dont understand what she says..

• emilyy,

ohhh.

i’m not big on her voice. she kinda sucks at singing. but she looks really pretty & the song lyrics sound awesome, like always.

fame-whore

Listen close. The first verse, she’s singing about disappointment in herself. The second is about Kanye. She relates the 2 and says everyone makes mistakes. I think this was the best way Taylor could have responded to his apologies on twitter a few weeks ago.

Looooooooooooveeeeeeeeeeed it!!!

im glad she didnt win

Best performance I have seen this year. Lyrics are so beautiful and she performed so gracefully and peacfully, and she is so classy.love you t swift.

she looked gorgeous…but it didn’t sound so good :/

she’ll never be that great live but LOVE the song. LOVE her.

• SellyismygirlCrush

yeah i wasnt paying attention to this when it was on..she was ok..

of course! Its all publicity. They are all in on it. Taylor Swifts song Mine has already droped. She sucks. She is using the Kanye incident for exposure. Fuck Taylor Swift!

wouldnt be great if he came and slapped her

• realistgangsta

i’m sorry but bitch can’t sing team kanye

• lanaa

True. But I think the cool part is that she obviously wrote this before Kanye’s twitter apology and what not so it all came together very nicely. Can’t wait for the stuio cut.

what a loser

• Tayyylahhh

BEAUTIFUL!!!

• JBmuchbetter

Disturbing icon.

• Gearsarealwaysturning

Lyrics to Innocent by Taylor Swift

I guess you really did it this time
    Left yourself in your war path
    Lost your balance on a tightrope
    Lost your mind trying to get it back

Wasn’t it easier in your lunchbox days?
    Always a bigger bed to crawl into

You’re still an innocent It’s okay, life is a tight rope
    32 and still growing up now
    Who you are is not what you did
    You’re still an innocent
    You’re still an innocent Lost your balance on a tightrope
    It’s never too late to get it back

thank you so much anon, much appreciated xx

• Anonymous48

she was AMAZING!!! she sounded incredible…thats like her best live performance! anyone who thought she sounded bad youre tone deaf and that is like one of her best songs. and shut the hell up jealous haters this is what people wanna hear. you people dont get it do u, ure all so stupid and jealous its scary. lets hear you sing this song all you people who say she cant sing, youre ten thousand times worse so stfu!

• ColdAsU

Bitch he said nothing about her voice.Your comment=pointless

• Buster_28

#TeamTREYSONGZ

• Gearsarealwaysturning

I dont judge her because i so would have done the same, but i would have added a “fuck you, fuck you very much kanye” at the end. NGL

• emilybugg.

ehh. i dislike her singing voice soo freaking much. but the lyrics are cool. & she looks pretty.

• ColdAsU

Kanye had a twitter rant and apologized to Taylor again,Taylor wrote this…..most likely…last year? She’s not bashing him in anyway.

• Moonbeam

She is not a great singer, but this was one of her better performances.
    But she really needs some singing lessons. It sounds just bad when she sings…

Lost you balance on a tightrooo… (breath) …oooope.

Wait, he apologized to her on Twitter? :S

the song wasn’t about playing the victim, it was about understanding and forgiveness.

you belong with me WINNER kthanks

People tuned in to see what was gonna go down with Taylor and kanye, they are just shocked she didnt act like chelsa handler. It’s Taylor Swift people shes gonna be Taylor Swift. Some of you act so damn shocked that she sang off key, catch up, no ones perfect and she doesnt pretend to be. Inspite of the haters she keeps doing what she truly enjoys performing.

Taylor writes songs about things that happen to her.. and this was a beautiful song and a classy performance.
    Kanye does give a damn who he hurts just as long as he gets attention.

• M.

I love the song, she’s a very talented song writer.

She isn’t the greatest live performer, she looked beautiful though, and I can’t wait for her new album!

TEAM SWIFT! stop hating.. she writes songs about things that happen in her life!
    Kanye should take the lyrics in and grow the hell up!
    She had ever right to sing it..

HATER JUST BACK OFF SHE WAS AMAZING U COULDN’T HAVE DONE ANY BETTER!!! TAYLOR IS THE BEST AND SHE WAS SO MATURE ABOUT IT!

she’s tone deaf and needs to get over it. TEAM KANYE MUDDAFUCKAS!

I love her.
    I’m just gonna say that if some douch who thought he was Jesus stole my moment, I’d have decked him. She has class. Unlike me. xD
    But seriously, I just think she’s amazing. :)

• Anonymousssss

Biggest cunt alive.
    She proves herself to be immature time and time again.

oooh look! it’s taylor swift being pretentious and failing at singing!

WHAT’S NEW?

xohunter said:

Everyone who’s trashing Taylor is so insecure that they feel the need to bash her. It’s sooooooooo PATHETIC. Go to counseling or something. You all need help. Why are you all wasting your time & energy commenting on someone you don’t like? Quit wasting your lives.

______________________________________

I am sooooooooo sorry for having an opinion.

Welcome to OU where we hate on people and say what’s on our mind about the post. Go to anythingdisney if you can’t take hate.
    ___________________________________________

Well keep you negative opinions to yourself. We have enough hate in this world without you adding to it. & I’m pretty sure OceanUp isn’t about hating on people. It’s about supporting artists.

———————————————-

LMFAO. supporting artists? uh, sorry honey but OU isn’t a fucking fan page. everyone is allowed to make any sort of comment that they want – positive or negative. taylor swift sucks at singing. it’s not an opinion, it’s FACT. girl can’t sing a note in tune. she only sounds decent on her album (which is due to all that fixing in the recording studio). get your head out of her pale, bony ass.

GOOD LORD YOU PEOPLE ARE SO FREAKING IGNORANT.

If you were to look at the lyrics before you hate, what she’s saying is that everybody makes mistakes and that Kanye’s not the monster the media has made him out to be. She easily could’ve made a song about how much of an asshole he is but she didn’t. She forgave him. HOW IS THAT NOT CLASSY? Okay, he sang about ‘douchebags’ ‘assholes’ and what else?

#TaylorForTheWin

• kattt.

Think about it this way;

Brittany, Madonna, and Christina kissed at a VMA and ALL made HUGE waves that are still shocking today,
    the next year, did a single one of them write a song about? NO. Did they mention it? Maybe (I can’t really remember if any of them brought it up lol)

Nor did Tim Commerford or Fred Durst after the whole scaling the scalping thing.

For those saying, “Taylor was just getting over it in song” or “She’s being classy” all the other artist who are actually GOOD have NEVER brought up their controversies a year later. They still don’t. She is the only one dragging it out, even if this song was about getting over it, she is dragging it out by singing this song. She could have left it on her album and never brought it up at the VMAs.

End of rant. ;)

seriously taylor swift needs to grow a pair.All she looks for is attention on how horrible people are to her and how innocent she is. She goes on about how she’s a good role model but how is this a good role model bitchy comments and song. seeing as she’s in the limelight i would have thought she would have been a bit more grownup about things. same with joe jonas she made herself she’s known for that and how much she goes on about even when not asked. and to top off her awful personality she cant sing and all her songs are the same. all about oh i like a boy, he doesnt like me, oh wait he does! catchy badly written chorus. burn.

she needs to get over what happened

oh she forgave last year and probably wrote the song then. pretty sure shes past it. others are hung up on it just like with jonas. must be a slow news day or something.

i can feel your love for taylor swift, its like you’ve always been her #1 fan. Now build a bridge and you know the rest.

It’s one thing to write a song about it and sing it, but to have the clip played before the song to make it known “HEY. This song is about Kanye. Feel bad for me.” Its just annoying. Time to let it go. What he did was rude, it really was, but really she only benefitted from it. It made her look better everyone was on her side. I’d say its time to end it now…a whole friggen year later.

drama queen
    kanye wests song about it was better
    he was kinda making fun of him self
    you can tell she wants people to feel bad for her

agreed

• xxyoubelongwithmexx12

Awesomeness

xohunter said:

______________________________________

I am sooooooooo sorry for having an opinion.

___________________________________________

• LittleCookie

OUCH!

that wasn’t easy on the ears..

i can’t listen to the whole song!

• Pirre

I’m sorry to say this but the fact is:

She wasn’t in tune, and
    that simply hurt my ears.

I have sooo much more respect for her than I ever have had before! She didn’t bash him (which she could have easily done) but instead, she said that everyone makes mistakes and related herself with him. That’s why it’s people like Taylor who deserve to be famous and where they are at. Maybe she doesn’t have the best vocal skills but she is one of the classiest. :D

• LittleCookie

taylor assumes that she did deserve last years award..

in the words on the great kanye:
    “BEYONCE DESERVED IT!” get over it.

• Daydreamer…..

I’m glad this van all be done now. I don’t like that fact that she sang this, I would have rather she just put it on her album and let people assume what they want to. I would have just said eh fuck it and let it go…
    On that note, at least she didn’t bash him. The lyrics were nice.
    Her voice….let’s just say i don’t care for it live. I’m sorry as a fan, she IS off pitch no doubt about it. Her talent is definitely writing.

• Daydreamer…..

On that note, at least she didn’t bash him. The lyrics were nice.

i seriously love the song.
    but hate the idea behind it. girl needs to get over it.

again. that was point of the song. lol

• StarLight24

i love this song & i thought it was a beautiful performance. basically all she was saying is that everyone makes mistakes & she forgives him. it was a nice gesture.

• StarLight24

not to mention said:
    further, the fact that you call yourself a “musician” and yet seem to have no understanding of the term… give me a break. a true musician writes, plays, sings, etc from the HEART. as she did.

taylor swift is about a million times the musician you are. so i’d keep my mouth shut if i were you.
    this. oh & to the haters on twitter i will still be buying her album the day it comes out. i love her music & this song proves that she has enough class to write a polite song of forgiveness to someone who hurt her.

Um where are you winning 4 grammy’s ? Your a no body do you really think she cares about your opinion. While your making fun of her she is walking to the bank and depositing a million dollar check into her bank while your still at home on the couch while she’s you know the one on T.V

Haha I agree she’s beautiful and all these haters can suck it bc she dised him in the best and most respectfull way she could and new how! I love Taylor and kanye can suck it haha but I love his song though!! And his musicc!!

• lanaa

Sidenote. I really liked her makeup in this performance and the no shoes. I thought it was a really good performance overall. One of her better ones tbh. I know I’m in the minority though :/

Taylor? build a bridge.

the whole song isn’t just about kanye..
    some parts doesn’t sound like they’re directed to some random artist that embarrassed her on stage..
    not trying to start shizz but some parts sound like she’s talking to someone she loves or has a relationship with

or “had”… a relationship with
    *wink*

• JBmuchbetter

I want to hear “Story of Us” or whatever that song is called ;)

i dont get how this song is about kyanye west
    anyway
    am i the only one who thinks this sounded off ?
    i mean i love her to death shes my fave person but her voice idk sounded off :-\

• Valentina

It is very easy to talk when you were not embarrassed in front of millions! Taylor was gorgeous, she did a great performance and she was very cute barefoot on stage … lol.

lol. i love taylor and liked the performance but some of these twittre comments are hilarious..

“Dear Taylor Swift , did i miss something ? were did yo shoes goo ?”

“So lemme get this straight.Taylor Swift wrote a song for Kanye inspiring him? Interesting.”

“Taylor swift. You’re my ho. You know i love you. But we talked about the lipstick thing.”

“Is Taylor Swift on key??? Just asking”

lol. i really shouldnt find hate funny. but its ok. tays my girl. we go back.

Taylor? build a bridge.

and get over it? yea. um. that was the point of the song. im sorry you didnt get the memo.

• MORICETSZ

No! Just no

#wtfwasthat

this song was very touching, i wept.

• Tiffany

Taylor was awesome! She was wonderful, she actually sang and did not fake his lips as some have done! She’s supercute!

• mileyistheboss

it would be my dream to punch her now -.- she is just annoying

• mileyistheboss

“hate taylor swift” was trending in Canada and Atlanta she has now failed

• Anonymous25

and Taylor thought that everything was pink color..hahaha sorry girl..

• Anonymous25

“Dear Taylor swift he stole your moment not your virginity, stop being so depressed ”

hahahaha so true

Whoever is saying she sounded amazing is tone-deaf. I’ve been a musician for 10 years and she sounded bad. Really bad. And plus it was just a boring performance. She needs to move on. Whether she wrote the song a year ago or a week ago it’s over and done with so don’t bring it up again. I think that her fame has been fading so she’s trying to play the victim again to bring her fame back, but everyone’s tired of it over it. I’m not trying to hate on her I’m just looking at it as it is. She could have and should have performed Mine or another new song, not waste her time singing about something that happened a year ago. But I guess there’s quite a few things she still isn’t over and that’s her problem to deal with I guess.

What the fuck? Why are people saying she can’t sing? Maybe you should jut jam a stick in your ears. I bet these are the SAME idiots who think Taylor Momsen and Miley Cyrus can sing. You wouldn’t know a beautiful voice if it came and punched you in the face. haha.

I think she has had better songs, and she has looked better, but I really liked this.

• Tiffany

dayum. did she write this? the lyrics are actually realllly good. much better than the usual lovey dovey fairytale nonsense.

hm. lol. you do know the point of the song is being over it? right? well thought out comment though.

• urluvismydrugg

i seriously love the song.
    but hate the idea behind it. girl needs to get over it.

• entwinedintime

_______________

She’s fading? lol. i guess her new single coming in at number 1 means nothing….

;)

• ColdAsU

Are you an pro musician :D?
    Stop showing hate on Taylor when Chelsea was the one who did a shitty skit of how to ‘block someone for stealing your spotlight’.Boring performance? It was simple and beautiful.Her fame hasn’t been fading.She hasn’t released an album since 08 and she got off the FEARLESS tour in june so of course she won’t be in the spot light.

• Truth be told

if you’ve been a musician for ten years then you obviously haven’t been a good one. her’s was one of the better performances of the night. did you hear Hayley Williams? She’s normally a powerhouse and it was pretty miserable. not to mention how anyone can sit through Florence and The Machine without vomiting.
    As someone who is classically trained in vocal performance… i promise you, taylor was not nearly as bad as you’d like to demand. it was engaging and symbolic. two things far from boring. and it was a classy way to say “hey this happened, its over and i forgive him” rather than his drunken rant on twitter and a finale boasting about how we should toast him for his actions.

you’re an imbecile.

• remember_me

Wow she’s getting a lot of hate on twitter..didnt expect that and kanye got a chant and standing ovation…i’m confused

It’s called realization.

• not to mention

OU . can we get news on soccer stars like MESSI , KAKA & CRISTIANO R. ?

————————————

They’re not soccer stars, they’re FOOTBALL stars. They play in Spain, Europe, so they play FOOTBALL.

please, Taylor Swift, get the hell over it. It was a year ago. All she does is bitch, and moan, and complain. First it was the 27 second phone call with Joe Jonas, now its Kanye and the VMA incident which, in case she forgot, happened at LAST YEARS VMAS.

• ensuringthecrisis

LMFAO when she was done performing the first thing I thought of was ‘Why isn’t she wearing shoes??’

Oh and the song sucked. Kanye West took the mic from her, he didn’t punch her in the face. People need to get over it.

They both could have ended this last year with a simply apology.

he didn’t rape her…he just showed up to the VMA’s hammered and did something stupid. let it go

• milenator

this was so stupid
    it was a year ago and she didnt have to have the Kanye clip replayed everyone knows about it already
    (it kinda answers why she wasnt at the ‘white carpet’ before the show cause she bein private)
    plus this performance was so boring, its the VMAs
    although her performance ‘You Belong With Me’ last year was really good
    so this and a couple other performances were what made this year’s vma’s sucked…

I hope that the people defending Taylor’s live performance are not the same ones that slam Selena for not doing well live. I get it – Taylor’s beautiful, she’s got good stage presence, and she writes nice songs from her diary. But, this was only slightly more on-key than her Grammy’s performance.

• StarLight24

no. i actually think selena has improved a lot. besides no one’s perfect. i like taylor’s voice more than selena’s but i never hate on selena.

huge taylor fan. no problem saying she isnt the best live. haha. never has been.

• Danger-ous

Sep 13, 2010 @ 06:30 am
    ColdAsU said:

Haters care she can’t sing Fans care that she doesn’t lip singing.
    Calm down. There are plenty of people who don’t care for Taylor Swift and never will and you need to learn to accept it.

• ColdAsU

Haters care she can’t sing Fans care that she doesn’t lip singing.

• luckze

Honestly, I think MTV shouldn’t have asked her to perform. or atleast she shouldn’t have performed that song. I mean, they were making it out to be like everything was in the past and Kanye was gonna hve this big performance and then BOOM! Taylor Swift comes in with this song bringing up old shit. I love Tay but come on sweetie let it rest. This is not gonna help you sell albums.

• Buster_28

this sucked haha

let the hating, begin.

FIRST! :D

• lovato is love.

she looked amazing. performed amazing. song? eh.

• Gearsarealwaysturning

somebody write the lyrics down. :P

• JBmuchbetter

She looked weird.

i love taylor but the live singing wasnt good.
    sorry

i take it back she is not classy.

SHUT THE FUCK UP!!! If you don’t like her, that’s fantastic for you, no one else cares! The world already has enough negativity, we don’t need people like you spreading more of it!

She’s such a fkn embarrassment.

• lauren<3

ikr, im usually a fan but that performance was embarrassing. so dramatic considering it’s about bloody sometime stealing her award, yet she looks like shes gonna cry. seriously OVER DRAMATIZED SO MUCH. :/

• Gearsarealwaysturning

she sang…bad.

i was dissapointed . really taylor ? you couldn’t do ONE bad ass thing for once as payback, but you’ll make a song about how’s he’s STILL innocent ?! he’s never been innocent !

• Gabriella

I am the only one who doesn’t understand how people can hate her? That song was beautiful and a very classy way to address the situation, forgive Kanye, and move on. She looked gorgeous too, love the hair and makeup! :)

Check out my blog: Principessa Gabriella

• Gabriella

lol, I meant to say “Am I…” oops

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE HER.

she so brave, she’s getting hate but Damn Bitches at least she has principals which is what a lot of us lack.

What principles does she have, exactly? To me she comes across like a spoiled narcisist, always painting herself up as a victim and expecting everybody to give her sympathy.

• NadiaAf23

Please like Kanye isn’t still trying to get attention from the situation! Even though her voice isn’t the greatest I thought it was one of the most beautiful performances! Her album is going to be INSANE! I’m stoked.

• Ally

Okay. Everyone needs to stop hating on her. Yeah it was a year ago but there are so many people still hating on Kanye. You know how many aritists would have said “Fuck you Kanye”? But Taylor actually wrote a song saying that she wasn’t that badly hurt by it and that everyone messes up sometimes. Vocally she wasn’t that great. But her lyrics are very powerful. She’s being the bigger person by saying that she still has repspect for Kanye. And that takes a lot of courage to go up and say that in front of milllions of people.

okay so yes i did also notice her voice sounded a little off but i didn’t think it was a bad performance… and i think when people are saying “she needs to get over it”
    they mean, don’t bring it up again.
    because sure you can argue this was her closure, but still, girlfran, it’s been a year. maybe just… idk drop it? like it sucks what happened and kanye is a doucher but maybe put the album on the song and that could have been closure. i think her letting go of the situation might have still won her the sympathy card.
    cause think about it she lets it go like within the first month of it happening and people are like “aww look at how sweet she is, that poor thing”
    but now it’s like “really, you’re still on this?”
    you know? it’s all about timing.
    haha just an idea.

• Hilary

OMG =/ WTF is this …

• Sweetdisposition?

She sucked, bitch needs to get over herself.

• nicolelovely

whiny bitch…
    Kanye fucking pwnd you two years in a row.
    And this year he didn’t even have to take the mike from you.
    your just pathetic now.
    Taylor should’ve been thanking kanye for everything he’s done for her.
    All the sympathy awards she was given.
    Without kanye, do you really think a toneless whiny blonde would’ve won 4 Grammys in one night?
    I don’t think so.
    You taylor swift fans need to realize reality.
    & Taylor…
    BUILD A FUCKING BRIDGE AND GET OVER IT. YOU SUCK.

get over it,
    its been way to long to make a deal out of it yet again.

Those are my hands & camera at the 4:48 mark!!!!<3333 Taylor did amazing.

• aarikabari

thank you. can’t stand her!

• xohunter

one thing about the performance: she is absolutely tone deaf. Almost as bad as the Grammy performance which was just AWFUL.
    She needs to call up her vocal coach, seriously.

The song: mediocre just like all her songs. She is no lyrical genius, she needs to take the song Kanye wrote for her and sing it because her songs are just bleh. All the same.

this is sad. she actually wrote a song about it???? and then sang it the next year in front of him and EVERYONE??? bitch is so naive. get over it honey. look to the future, not the past.

• QueenUnperfect

why all the hating? D:
    seriously guys..

I can’t stand her right now. What he did was wrong, but he apoligized so many times! She said every thing is OK, and now she’s doing this? LAME! Really lame Taylor!

• Hollieluvsux

I know theres gonna be arguing about this but all i have to say is
    That is the most AMAZING guitar ever !!:D

• xohunter

______________________________________

I am sooooooooo sorry for having an opinion.

Oh God I hate everything about Taylor Swift. Her performance tonight was expectedly horrible. I hope America is finally starting to realize just how empty an “artist” she really is. She can’t sing and her lyrics are the most vapid and banal things I’ve ever heard.

jesus, you got humiliated on stage, big whoop. stop acting like he raped you or something, christ.

why all the hating?

Because it’s finally dawning on everyone that precious little Taylor is a talentless, self-involved brat who needs to have a dick stuck in her mouth pronto!

• AnthonyP

This song was handled quite well and is a very mature way of her responding to this whole thing. Very much enjoyed it.

• PARAM0RExFAN

She can’t sing whatsoever.

“Who you are, is not what you did. You’re still an innocent.” Godddddddd idc if she’s doesn’t have a GREAT voice…her voice sounds exactly how it sounds on her albums, not fake. Great performer. And her LYRICS, one word. AMEN! hahahah amazingg<3

It sounds like a decent song, but she didn’t sing it very well which is typical of her. And why would you write a song about the whole kanye thing??? Seriously? it was a year ago and its probably made you even more famous so I wouldn’t be complaining too much. This is just lke the joe break up, she milks everything for as long as she can. P.S. – this is not what I meant by write something else besides a ‘love song’

• mileyluver15

i love her

• suckit

ekkk.OK it’s ofically. i like selena better than her o_0

shes still singing about what happened between her and joe 2 years ago… did you people honestly think she would get over what kanye did? she is best at playing the victim… shes an attention whore and everyone knows it.. she needs to get over herself. im so sick and tired hearing her whie all the time.

• xJonasXCandyx

The performance is okay :P Love her dress.

actually i think it was a pretty classy thing to do, it was the first VMA’s since what happened with Kanye, people were talking about it again, she could of been sarcastic and called him out but she didnt she kind of defended him and shes said plenty of times before that she writes about her life, i assume having the mic took of you in the middle of your acceptance speech gives you quite a bit of material to be honest haha

• caseyy..<3

all this “taylor get over it” stuff is stupid, shes a song writer wat do you expect her to write about?

musicians usually do write from the own expierences its called heart and soul but when you have an artist singing or talking about something years later it just gets old and in taylors case it shows inmaturity. i love her singing she has an amazing voice but its just boring now. she needs to grow up as much as kanye does.she needs to come up with something original. shes very needy.

isnt taylor capable of coming up with something original? it doesnt always have to be about her.

• ColdAsU

She released onesong about Joe on FEARLESS and she went on tour because fearless was a huge success she performed everysong but 2 from fearless.She couldn’t take F&A out of the setlist because she is over him.All of her songs are written about someone in mind,Taylor also performed alot of songs from her first cd…I guess she’s not over them to? Taylor can’t just stop singing a song because she is over someone.She got her career because of her songwrittening.She writes about people in her life,people who were in life,who she wished would be in her life and everything that happends to her.

The one’s who are dissing Taylor and saying she needs to move on.. Really need to go to school and learn to listen because she did move on. The fucking song is about forgiving that jackass. While you guys are criticizing her she is still earning more money then all of you. Her so called ” Horrible singing” Is honestly making her 40+ million dollars richer. Therefore Taylor doesn’t give a flying shit what you guys really think.

• Hilary

second hand embarrassment.

Terrible song and usual terrible performance. uuggggg….Her job is to sing and she’s terrible it.

• emilybugg.

Wait, he apologized to her on Twitter? :S

idk. but still, what he did was a dickhead move.

why are you so confused? lol. the tides reversed a long time ago.

many lost respect for her tonight

many lost respect for her tonight

for what?

• SellyismygirlCrush

many lost respect for her tonight

______

what for?

• RayofSonshine93

i dont know why people are tsaying she is not classy for performing this song. the song is like forgiving him, “your string of lights are still bright to me” she doesnt hate him, she still respects him as a person “who you are isnt what you’ve done” his mistakes dont define him, basically this is really good timing bc Kanye just apologized to her on twitter and now this is an “i forgive you” song. but i think it wasnt her best performance, maybe it was just this recording but i will always love her :D

OU . can we get news on soccer stars like MESSI , KAKA & CRISTIANO R. ?

the whole song isn’t just about kanye..

I agree but by having that whole ‘Kanye’ bit at the beginning shows that this performance at least is about Kanye and that’s stupid and called ‘milking it for publicity’

xohunter said:

______________________________________

I am sooooooooo sorry for having an opinion.

___________________________________________

———————————————-

_____________________________
    Okay then, here’s my negative comment. Your icon was a picture of Megan Fox, right? Well she’s a talentless bitch. Can’t act to save her life, even with editting. So get YOUR head out of her fake tits.

• Urgency

Erm. I will just never be into her music I guess. Plus, she needs to take singing lessons. If she were just doing this for fun, then that’s something completely different. However, it’s her job. It just makes it impossible to take her seriously everytime you hear her live.

Swifty’s my favorite artist. Her recorded works are breathtaking. I just wish she could sing live. I honestly, truly, whole-heartedly do. Anyone who says this is vocally impressive is lying to themselves. The lyrics are fine, but the voice really kills it.

• ColdAsU

I find it really funny that ALOT of people think this song was JUST written.It seems like alot of people don’t get the meaning of the song/lyrics.Kanye was the one that kept talking about it and apologizing maybe she performed this song to prove to him,fans and non-fans she really forgives him.Only once she said she forgave him (she said that on the view) publicly and alot of people didn’t believe her,She never said she hated him (maybe she hated what he did but theres a difference)
    Taylor did sound sketchy at most moments but there were some decent moments…Truthfully,I don’t care if she can’t sing great most of the time.I don’t like music because of how the artist sounds live.
    No one knows when she wrote this song but it wasn’t recent I saw it on Darkbluetennesse (.)com for some time.

• Mary

I’ve never really had a problem with Taylor Swift, never really formed much of an opinion on her. So when she was interrupted last year I felt bad for her, but the performance she gave the other night was a major turn-off I think. It was VERY condescending. The song was very preachy, what is this BS with the “You are an innocent” Seriously WTF? It was a little like “We are all children of God, and we are all innocent, and I forgive you because I am such a good person” Honestly I kind of just want this girl to shut up. YOU ARE NOT A VICTIM TAYLOR SO STOP ACTING LIKE ONE! You’ve won many awards, have hundreds of thousands of fans, you manage to be very successful while only have mediocre talent. You are lucky so stop with all this pity me bull! What Kanye did was rude but shouldn’t have “ruined” the event for you. You still won an award, got 1000000x more air time than you would have if it hadn’t happened, therefore getting more fans and attention. It was a major career boost.

There are real victim’s in the world. While you are lingering on about how someone interrupted one of your acceptance speeches, people are suffering from real problems. Move on and appreciate everything that you have.

In regards to Kanye’s performance, it made him 1000x more likable in my opinion. . Also last years events had a much larger effect on Kanye than on Taylor. He lost major fanbase and everyone was against him. He seemed real. It seemed open and honest and had an edge to it. After last night I am team Kanye. We all mess up sometimes.

• ColdAsU

Please tell me you actually listened to the song! She only once spoke about the event.She said she wasn’t mad at him and that everything is ‘fine’.I guess she played the victim role about Joe Jonas because of how she talked about it but she didn’t about Kanye.She talked about it once in interview and wrote a damn song.As you said “We all mess up sometimes.” maybe to you and some other people Taylor thinnk messed up for singing this song but if you can say that about what Kanye did why can’t you say that about Taylor singing a song about that? Taylor wasn’t blaming Kanye for anything.Its not her fault that people think they should feel bad for her.To Taylor he did one thing wrong to her,she said she forgave him,no one believed her,people still felt bad for her.Taylor told everyone in the song that he’s innocent in her eyes yet some fans don’t believe her and non-fans think she wants attention.If Taylor wanted attention she would’ve staged on stage a little longer instead walking right off stage.

people have every right to criticize but i just hope people stop moaning after a day or so. peace

• jhondoe
  • Mary

Well the entire performance appeared to be dedicated to the event, at least the clip from last year at the beginning would indicate that. And even though you say she wasn’t trying to play the victim, her lyrics sounded as if she had been abused or something if you didn’t know what she was referring to! And just the overall performance seemed melodramatic, and trying to seem vulnerable walking barefoot and everything. Yes I do think Taylor messed up with this song, but like I said everybody messes up sometimes and that applies to everyone.

• Mary

• EASYMAC.

hm. considering it was completely not what i expected, i liked it. why are people trippin out so much? it was just a vma performance haha world isnt ending. i promise.

• EASYMAC.

wow. people are doing some serious reading into. haha. i really should start caring about these things one day. then i can actually be a part of discussion.