Taylor Momsen, ‘I’m Called A Fashion Icon’

taylor-momsen-fashion-icon-1

Taylor Momsen featured in Celebs Sunday. Credit: The Pretty Reckless Net: ‘I loved dancing growing up so I listened to rock records in my spare time, but I danced to Britney Spears. Pop has to exist and it’s a great thing. But there needs to be a balance. To set the record straight, I think Rihanna is fantastic and looks great. In fact I think everyone should have a leather jacket in their wardrobe. If you don’t have a leather jacket in your wardrobe get one!’

I get told all the time that I’m a fashion icon now, but I don’t really now what that means. I just get dressed. But yeah it’s great when I’m called Madonna’s muse. She’s an icon. So to be asked to model for her line was an honour. She came to the shoot and took some pictures. She’s hands-on with the styling and was ripping up shirts and stuff and even took some of the pictures.

People hear lyrics like, ‘Make me want to die’ which is a really sad song and they’re like, ‘That’s so mean.’ Yeah, it’s a heavy record, but it’s about life, and life is not rainbows and butterflies. I haven’t lived a normal life and even though I did go to school I was in and out. I had like, two friends growing up, but now my band is like my family. I didn’t have the chance to go to school and be normal.

I was always kind of the weird kid who was in movies and I was very shy. I also went to a Catholic school and now I have a song called Goin’ Down, so enough said! When I was at elementary school in Missouri I wore knee-high socks and got made fun of all the time, now I’m famous for my thigh-highs. Ironic.‘

she is a joke.

Youre called a retard. that whats youre called.

• peacelove

for whom? the strippers and sluts?

Sep 21, 2010 @ 08:49 am
    liiiiisa said:
    Taylor Momsen, yes, you are a fashion icon. For 16 year old strippers everywhere.
    …………………
    No she is not she look like a sult not my fashion icon for sure :D

fashion icon? i wouldn’t think to highly of yourself! it’s not hard to achieve the “stripper dragged through a hedge backward” look! :|

My my fashion icon is Demi not that slut

• Diamondback

LOL

My ass.

Sep 21, 2010 @ 08:20 am
    Hollieluvsux said:
    Fashion icon ?
    Lmao
    ……………….
    Who is your fashion icon ???????

“I think Rihanna is fantastic and looks great.”

Wow and didn’t this girl call her annoying for wearing a leather jacket? I cannot take this girl seriously!

• SavannahBabe

Uhh, no you’re not honey! (:

• SavannahBabe

aaliyahnoelle said:

so NOW you think rihanna is all’ah’dat. hmmmmm…looks like someone got put in their place.

So she went back on what she said.
    GREAT! NICE AT KEEPING IT BADASS TAYLOR!

• SavannahBabe

She looks like one of the incredibles with that make up :D

• iSupportNiley

uhmmm! okay XD

• never change

she look’s so scary when she dresse’s like that and the eye line makes her scarier

• PullTheTrigger

i hate her. but i loooove her music. :)

• Hilary

ah

This just makes me lauph!!

• liiiiisa

• purplekoolaid

just when i think i cant dislike taylor momsen anymore, she opens her mouth with her self-important delusional comments again!

shes only a fashion icon to prostitutes and crackheads, maybe hahahah.

god, you’re annoying

aw she’s being nice!

Your icon is making me blink.

• WHATSUP

Sep 21, 2010 @ 08:49 am
    liiiiisa said:

LMAO

WHO LIKES MY WHITE COLLAR ICON

WHITE COLLAR IS ONE OF THE BEST SHOWS

• aaliyahnoelle

who lied and told her she was a fashion icon?

grace jones is a fashion icon…taylor is a try hard

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

by who?

• HOLAA

I really do love her style but I could never pull it off lol
    I really her music too!!
    I am starting to like her :D

• aaliyahnoelle

• Jazz_

This is the first interview where I don’t want to kick her repeatedly. Good job, Taylor. : )

Same here xD

I would not dress like that !!

• christmascash

wtfbecca said:

Agreed.

Except the fashion icon part, she’s not a fashion ICON.

• christmascash

wtfbecca said:

Agreed.

Except the fashion icon part, she’s not a fashion ICON.

• smokey eyes makeup

this goddip girl looks amazing! i found great smokey eyeshadow like this at http://www.nyxcosmetics.com

check it out!!

I think Taylor is smart; she just hasn’t displayed it yet.

• HBIC

She’s talented, I give her that. I love her voice and her music.

But really..does she hear herself when she talks?!?

• iulfhz

xPgFDP vgkokmzwqjhz, [url=http://tlyumuwplzqb.com/]tlyumuwplzqb[/url], [link=http://yqcbcvwmxpvi.com/]yqcbcvwmxpvi[/link], http://kwvdvudipjec.com/

• Yam

What has this world come to, being overly sexualized & vanity obsessed & materialistic at such a young age (AND YES IT IS BLOODY YOUNG, AND NO DO NOT TELL ME ”OOO, ALL THE TEENAGERS ARE DOING IT” OR SOMETHING SILLY A LONG THOSE LINES. Where have all the principles & morals & dignity gone? Hmm but then again can I REALLY blame you people entirely? I think it’s down to the subtly messages the shows, music etc are sending. Bless you all.

• jhondoe

What a great idea!! i’ld like to know more how many people you met on 1st sept, i’m quite late to see this blog.
    Mr. president doing great with health issues, just few day’s before FDA release new rules of packed food products to display all the details of energy and this are issued with taking public opinions from allover country.

Very good! penis enlargement pills Nice information this is really interesting – vigrx plus and vimax Good luck in building the table.

• idkMyBFFjill

I almost went to the same school as her back in the day.

• milenator

hate her eye makeup.

• Ceci

keep dreaming, you’re not a fashion icon, you are a such strange girl that try to “rock”, i love the music, i like the harcore, but you’re not fashion, an icon, maybe, but not fashion

• ceci

i have a leather jacket in my wardrove, i also have leather gloves, one pair in brack and other in dark blue

• Runaways123

Ok actualy thts not the exact owfit Cherie Currie wore believe me im a big Runaways fan.This one is like a cream color wit pears,Cherie had a white corset wit black n fishnet stockings.It’s not the same

She totally rips off Cherie Currie’s style. i mean…its her EXACT outfit!

• Ceci

she is catholic?!!!!!
    i can’t believe it, in genral there, in USA the people is not catholic, wow, and this is the example we show to the world, Taylor momsen and miley cyrus, i’m catholica, and i don’t know, i hate the drees like B*t**

• Hollieluvsux

Fashion icon ?
    Lmao

• sheep_vip

Hollieluvsux said:
    Fashion icon ?
    Lmao

exactly, she can be fashion icon but for sluts and this make-up:/ terrible!
    she looks like giant panda bleee
    look at the mirror girl!

• hottiegirl

used to hate her but i was stuiped she ROCKS

• lauragxo

welll.. i think she is a fashion icon. i really love her style.
    and she is amazing.

• lalalove

Walking around and looking a s l u t makes you a fashion icon? LOL.

• Anonymous644

nope. which is why she’s a fashion icon

• wtfbecca

• Anjhanee

Hi everyone please check out my music covers on my YouTube Channel! It would mean SO much too me if you all would comment, rate, and maybe even subscribe! Thanks if you do.

http://www.youtube.com/user/DaiseAnjhanee?feature=mhum (: -A

boohoo, you got made fun of about your socks – ur life must be so fucking tragic.

I don’t think that was what she was saying :S

HLL!

• xxyoubelongwithmexx12

Fashion icon…yeah right.

• hottiegirl

—————
    she is soo right , some ppl need to realize this and wake up

• fearless now

not my fashion icon for sure

• realistgangsta

wow she is so fake

• HBIC

wow she is so fake

Haha damnit your icon always makes me stare.

• KristinaMarie559

mkay.

• IrmaStiletto

She’d look so adorable if it weren’t for those panda eyes!