Demi Lovato ‘Girls Shouldn’t Rely On Boys’

jonas-demi-irvine-58

Demi Lovato thinks girls need to stop relying on boyfriends to feel good about themselves. She told Yahoo! ‘It’s nice to have a guy around, but I think it’s more important to make sure he’s your friend too. It’s so easy to end up relying on that person for your confidence and to make you feel beautiful.

Then, if they end up breaking your heart, you don’t feel pretty any more. I think it’s more important to have guy friends around who’ll be there for you. You need to be able to be around boys and have confidence of your own.

There have been times when I haven’t and I’ve held back on my sense of humor. If it’s really meant to be though, that boy will actually like you for being yourself. When I liked somebody and started telling dorky jokes, it brought us together.’

Demi talk with E! about Kim Kardashian and Joe Jonas: ‘She is a friend of mine and she has an incredible body and she dresses to fit it. I always try to do the same.’ Demi said quickly that touring with ex-boyfriend Joe Jonas wasn’t weird: ‘No, it’s great!’

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

shhhhhh

• Jessx7x

agreeed

• SellyismygirlCrush

Girl needs to take her own advice.

• Gearsarealwaysturning

Agreed, I think demi is crazy at times, but this is totally true.

Demi, you can’t exactly give any dating advice, your own love life seems quite messed up.

Or in other words, I will not in any circumstances listen to your dating advice.

• Gearsarealwaysturning

aw selena gomez met her girl crush :]

• SellyismygirlCrush

And again with Kim.. jeez Demi acts like shes got this big ass booty like her

• Gearsarealwaysturning

===
    xD

• WHATSUP

DEMI, I AGREE

PEOPLE NEED TO READ THE STORY BERFOR HATING ON HER..

SHE SAID SOME TRUE THINGS.

• xxbehappyxx

i wonder who she is talking about… ;)

iusedtobelovedrunk said:

I don’t think you should date someone that started off as a friend. If you do, there will always be that sense of awkwardness after a breakup.

She never said that you should date a friend. Re read please.

xxbehappyxx said:

i wonder who she is talking about… ;)

She’s not talking about anyone, she’s talking in general. She’s always said the same shit ever since she joined Disney.

• Panda Bear Love

Demetria, fucking shut up.

Take your own goddamn advice and shove it up your ass.

Why did oceanUp combine two interviews? They combined the interview she did when she went to that charity event and another interview with Yahoo..

I thought this was an old interview. :/
    But she is right!

Panda Bear Love said:

Demetria, fucking shut up.

Take your own goddamn advice and shove it up your ass.

If you don’t like what she’s saying then don’t read it. It’s really simple, really.

WHATSUP said:

DEMI, I AGREE
    PEOPLE NEED TO READ THE STORY BERFOR HATING ON HER..
    SHE SAID SOME TRUE THINGS.

Haters gonna hate.

• _liesyoutold

Demi, I agree but you should try taking your own advice.

• gottalent

You tell them Demi

Oct 1, 2010 @ 12:13 pm
    Panda Bear Love said:
    Demetria, fucking shut up.

Take your own goddamn advice and shove it up your ass.

……………………….
    H O T icon

says the bitch who fell apart when joe left her

• Dont Judge

She is 100% right. Dont know why she’s getting slated. I guess some of the users here need a REALITY CHECK. Ffs

Oct 1, 2010 @ 12:20 pm
    gottalent said:
    You tell them Demi
    …………..
    Why every 5s you change your icon ???
    I don’t get who you like

Oct 1, 2010 @ 12:03 pm
    Gearsarealwayst… said:
    aw selena gomez met her girl crush :]

……………………..
    Who is your girl crush?

says the bitch who fell apart when joe left her

Cause you know her, right? *sarcasm*

• fearless now

i dont get it… why she gives a (rare) good advice and doesn’t hear her own words… i mean her dating life is pretty much a huge mess and confidence is not exactly the most popular word in her vocabulary

And you wouldn’t “fall apart” if you had been in love with him for 3 years, finally get to date him and then he dumps you??

• JaneaLynn

I agree. I’m not a big relationship person, I don’t really get it. But my best friend is a guy and I don’t know what I’d do without him.

• Libelinha

I don’t get why people hate on her cause of this.
    She is giving a very good advice. It’s pretty simple, you should feel beautiful even without a boyfriend by your side to tell you that.
    There are lots of girls with self-esteem problems and this kind of statements from people they admire – Demi for some girls – can help them feeling better.
    I feel glad when I see celebrities like Demi that use their fame to help other people – this advice or her fight against bullying – and do charity – her presence in Padres Contra El Cancer Event and Eva Longoria project to help Haiti, for example.

• heartinvasion?

Take your own advice, STFU Lovato.

• RjsOffTheChain

she has an incredible body and she dresses to fit it

Joe’s noticing these things, eh?

• suzii18023

demi just….

• suzii18023

<3(:

she wears sunglasses too much…

• unique

I agree!! STFU haters and read the article before you comment because it will make you STUPID.

First of all, OU, go suck on something. This is an OLD interview.
    And all of you, since you all know her SO fucking well you have the right to say shit about her that probably isn’t even true? Hah.
    GET.A.LIFE.
    You don’t know her, you never probably even fucking met her. So don’t judge. And, if you don’t like her so much, then DON’T read posts about her, it’s easy really.
    So yall bitches need to STFU, and go do something useful with your life instead of sitting there with your laptops/computers and hating on every person that’s not ‘Justin Bieber’ or ‘Nick Jonas’ or ‘Selena Gomez’. They are all DIFFERENT people. And, you simply cannot judge people from what you see of them on TV or from what you read off their Twitters? I mean, seriously, I bet everything Demi has ever written on there wasn’t her real opinion. That’s just Disney.
    And, about Jemi. You people don’t even know Joe or Demi. So why hate? To feed your own ego? Hah. Go die in a hole. And leave them alone.

• adw014

Oct 1, 2010 @ 12:06 pm
    WHATSUP said:

DEMI, I AGREE

PEOPLE NEED TO READ THE STORY BERFOR HATING ON HER..

SHE SAID SOME TRUE THINGS.

_____________________________________________

i Totally Agree She was Stating some true thingss !

Apron is the god of light; Eres is the god of evil?buy ffxi gil so the courtiers were born. You can buy cheap ffxi gil to save time. They created fire and ambition, ffxi gil and power, countries. After humans have the rights and property they dare to sleep. Counsel comes with plot. So the courtiers were born. You can buy Final Fantasy XI Gil to save time. It is need a hero to make the world into peace. You can use ffxi poewr leveling to help you upgrade.

I hate joe for what he did to her

Demi<3 is awesome and didnt deserve to be hurt like that

That’s an old interview. From even before Joe&her came out with the whole thing. When she was in London.

• sexxynickj

says the bitch who fell apart when joe left her

Wow! I think she learned her lesson when Joe dumped her to pursue Ashley. I actually agree with what she said and think she’s giving advice to other girls.

• xxloverxx

Blah Blah Blah Demetria

• xmaryamx

i used to like her so much. i think i was obsessed. i would look everything up about her. her favorite food, candy, where she was born, what time. lol. but now, its like wth? she’s not even all that special. i think she has like a stuck up side to her now. i like selena better. selena is more down to earth and is all about her fans. demi.. i dont know anymore.

• xJonasXCandyx

I agree with her.

This is old, it’s from the UK magazine interview.

• never change

i agree with her

• iLoveChimpanzee

Haters<33

i hate demi lovato. she’s so annoying. like we get it joe broke your heart blah blah blah you don’t have to go on and on and on and on about how much guys suck..

• disneyxo

i do not agree with what demi says.

• hithere

OK DEMI, STOP IT.
    love you, but thats enough…

• hithere

i agree the bf has to be your friend, but rely is important too…

• iusedtobelovedrunk

• Mafer Rodríguez-Lee

Demi.. sighs.

• Untouchable

okkkkkk….

Untouchable I love your icon!!

• Jaymee__x

Most of my friends are boys…
    So… I don’t agree.

• Untouchable

Untouchable I love your icon!!
    ________