Taylor Swift DEAR JOHN [Mayer] Details

taylor_swift_john_mayer_are_the_rumours_true8

Yahoo! reviewed Taylor Swift‘s ENTIRE Speak Now album TRACK BY TRACK. ‘Dear John’ is rumored to be about her relationship with John Mayer. The first chorus begins: ‘Dear John/I see it all now that you’re gone/Don’t you think I was too young/To be messed with/The girl in the dress/Cried the whole way home/I should’ve known.’ A second version of the chorus includes the lines:

‘It was wrong/Don’t you think nineteen’s too young/To be played/By your dark, twisted games/When I loved you so.’ ‘Dear John’ addresses her protective mom: ‘My mother accused me of losing my mind/But I swore I was fine.. ‘You’ll add my name to your long list of traitors who don’t understand/And I’ll look back in regret

I ignored what they said/’Run as fast as you can’.’ But extended bridge section of ‘Dear John’packs such a cathartic punch, it really does transcend any tabloid associations: ‘I’m shining like fireworks over your sad, empty town,’ anyone who ever felt manipulated or used and found the strength to move on may be..

cheering like it’s the 4th of July. Pictures of Taylor in France HERE. For the third time in four years, Taylor Swift was named Songwriter/Artist of the Year by the Nashville Songwriter’s Association International (NSAI)

• Tallulah Sophia Lilac

Oh, oceanup. You make me laugh. I just had to register as a user so I could comment. Tsk tsk.

Anyhow. I don’t think this is about John Mayer. I just can’t see it. But we’ll see. I’ll have to hear the full song first.

And I agree, milenator. I wish she sang about other things, although I do like her songs. It’s just hard to relate sometimes.

• Moonbeam

Its about time John Mayer gets a reality check.Good for her!
    Sadly, John will probably be stoked about this. He is a douche and proud of it. To have Taylor write a song about him will get him off for the next half year.

• PattinsonSwift

We are not sure if the song is about Joe and Camilla.. It’s the first time I hear it. So better don’t hate until be sure :)

• Victoria_x

John Mayer is better than all of you.

And they would have been awesome together.

• mileyluver15

john mayer treated her worst then joe i bet

• ClaireMichelle

I remember hearing rumors about them hooking up forever ago and I thought it was completely insane. She is really being honest with this album. I love that she is just tearing him apart. What a douchelord.

• Moonbeam

So John Mayer is just the next offender in her list after Kanye, Joe, *the boy from high school*… Poor Taylor is still the victim. Nothing new.

• Liz.

I was reading this on Yahoo earlier, and dude, I have to know who this is about.

Speaking of rhymes, the chorus rhymes “she’s an actress” with “better known for the things she does on the mattress.” Parting thought: “You might have him, but haven’t you heard?/You might have him, but I always get the last word.”

My friend said Joe & Ashley and I said I thought they just happened too recently fo rit to be about them.

• jerseygirl

I’m really so sick of her shit. I know other artists use their past relationships to write songs about. But Taylor really seems to use it all to her PR advantage. I’m so sick of hearing about “what song is about what guy” she went out with. Blah. Blah. Blah.

• Hilary

oh God.

• jerseygirl

Oct 18, 2010 @ 09:35 pm
    BglitterBBy2.0 said:

Dumaaa ? said:

Liz – That song is referring to Camilla Belle and Joe. (;

If that song is about Camilla then I’m no longer a fan.
    Seriously just because Joe left her for Camilla doesn’t make her a whore.
    Plus Camilla isn’t known for being a slut she’s known for being stylish and classy.
    ———————–
    Agreed. And it just makes Taylor look pathetic to write a song that trashes Camilla. This all went down in 2008; get over it already. I’m still not sure it’s about Camilla but SMH if it is.

• TeenageDream

BglitterBBy2.0 said:

Dumaaa ? said:

Liz – That song is referring to Camilla Belle and Joe. (;

If that song is about Camilla then I’m no longer a fan.
    Seriously just because Joe left her for Camilla doesn’t make her a whore.
    ———————–

I agree with all above. But just remember, she said this is her diary starting from 2008, so you really never know.

• WYLMITE?

O.o

• FrancyJonasGomez

John Mayer is sexy <3

• Dumaaa ?

Liz - That song is referring to Camilla Belle and Joe. (;

• twomorelonelypeople

not cute.

• VIVA glam

i still haven’t purchased speak now…

• lexterdexter

I used to love her, but now she’s getting annoying like she’s always making songs about guys and how awful they treated her so people feel bad for her or whatever. Like, it’s good to get your feelings out but this is kind of an overload of too much information…
    I need something new and fresh from her, no more whining about guys and love… I’m sorry sweetie if John Mayer hurt you, but get over it!
    Also, she’s too stubborn… Look at the other side of things and see how the guys feel not just how hurt you feel. I used to be a fan but she only has one song apologizing to somebody else… Ever heard of point of view?
    I don’t know her, but this is just my opinion. I’ll still buy the album because I do like her music and I’m not trying to be a hater, I’m just sick of it and I’m not really a huge fan anymore :/

• lexterdexter

exactly.

• XsparksflyX

I doubt these lyrics are real…. I really doubt it and it wouldn’t be the first time for oceanup to post shit ;)

• Dont Judge

she is fucking lucky, John even decided to “go out with her”, if he did ofcourse. He only ever goes for the hottest hollywood actreses. And no offence to her, but she isnt considered “sexy”.

She needs to drop this bad habit of using her romantic relationship to boost her album sales. John Mayer for all his douche-baggery behaviour is still one of the most respected musicians out there. She needs to lay off. >_< It’s getting old.

• sophieee

RME….must she always?

• bananapancakesplease

Can’t wait. :) Especially for “Haunted” and “Enchanted.” Sounds cool.

• PattinsonSwift

I am so excited about this song.
    Mean is coming out in 2 hours.
    This album is going to be HUGE.
    I love her. And I have the feeling that I’ll hate John Mayer after this song. He’s so mean.. I never liked it when they were friends and now I know they were more than friends. I can’t belive it.
    “Dear John don’t you think she was too young to make her cry the whole way home you should’ve known”

• fearlessxx

Its about time John Mayer gets a reality check.Good for her!

• BglitterBBy2.0

Well remember forever && always she added that song last minute so who knows.

• BglitterBBy2.0

Dumaaa ? said:

Liz – That song is referring to Camilla Belle and Joe. (;

If that song is about Camilla then I’m no longer a fan.
    Seriously just because Joe left her for Camilla doesn’t make her a whore.

• Liz.

BglitterBBy2.0 said:

Dumaaa ? said:

Liz – That song is referring to Camilla Belle and Joe. (;

If that song is about Camilla then I’m no longer a fan.
    Seriously just because Joe left her for Camilla doesn’t make her a whore.

Yeah, I’ve never heard anything about her being a slut

• xSweetCandyxx

Why would she want a date John Mayer??he is ugly and old for her….

• milenator

Im getting tired that all her songs are about a guy
    how about a song about idk living life or somehting
    or are all female country singer’s songs about guys

• Mrs.DavidArchuleta

she’s just horny :)

• Moonbeam

i was juuuust reading this! i wonder if they did date!
    LOL, of course John Mayer wanted to tap that.

• camm

i was juuuust reading this! i wonder if they did date!

• Anonymous18

OH SNAP!!

• Mahima

wow. ah. john mayer. well i think he’s worse then joe.

• ensuringthecrisis

John’s a huge douche
    idk why she even liked that guy

• memiAndniley

Well, Taylor doesnt always have to make a song bout a guy like dayumm.

• songwason
  • jeffhardy
  • Mahima

WOW, I CANT WAIT FOR THIS ALBUM.

• xdaydreamer

o.o holy shiz. that’s intense.
    like…woah. i thought the rumors about them dating were completely false.

• CoolerThanU

I hope she knows he’s going to come back with an epicly sarcastic and wise-ass song as a response… But whatever, they’re both incredible artists.

• _liesyoutold