Taylor Swift Sells OVER 1 Million Albums

Taylor Swift‘s ‘Speak Now’ will debut at No. 1 on this week’s Billboard 200 chart with 1,047,000 copies sold, according to Nielsen SoundScan. Largest sales week for an album since 50 Cent’s ‘The Massacre’ hit No. 1 with 1,141,000 in March of 2005. Since SoundScan began tracking music sales in 1991, there have only been 16 instances where an album sold at least a million in a week.

‘Speak Now’ has second-largest sales week of any country album since 1991. Only Garth Brooks’ 1998 effort ‘Double Live’ moved more, when it started with 1,085,000. Thus, Swift also achieves the biggest sales week of any female country act since 1991.

‘Speak’ owns the biggest week for any album by any woman since 2000, when Britney Spears’ ‘Oops! I Did It Again’ landed a the No. 1 spot with 1,319,000. In total, just four albums by women have achieved million-plus weeks. Whitney Houston’s ‘The Bodyguard’ soundtrack with 1,061,000, and Norah Jones’ ‘Feels Like Home’ debuted at No. 1 with 1,022,000.

Taylor Swift signed a deal with Elizabeth Arden to put out her own perfume next fall: ‘I have always loved how fragrance can shape a memory.. the way certain scents remind you of events and people that are imprinted in your thoughts. Lately I’ve been having fun experimenting with combining some of my favorite scents, so I’m really excited about working with Elizabeth Arden to develop my own unique fragrance.’

• Einelen

marissababyxo said:
    Fuckin Overrated bitch…So tired of her whiny ass. Do ppl not know good music these days?? She’s not even a good singer…mediocre at best. Critics bashed her Grammy performance
    ———————–
    The thing is, I don´t listen to the music that critics like. I listen to the music that I like, even though critics dont like it, I dont care.
    I think you shouldnt talk about good music, you have Miley Cyrus in your icon ;)

• milenator

and what the hell is that suppose to mean? Just because a person has Miley in their icon dosen’t mean she’s the only person they listen too. Gosh, it’s bad enough people judge others by their race, now we judge others byt their user names and icons? 2012 is getting closer by the seconds.
    ———————

ikr its that kinda BS why the world should end unless people stop being so stupid

• gabby xo

YESSSS! better than revenge = AMAZINGGG!!!!!!! :)

• FrancyJonasGomez

Einelen said:
    marissababyxo said:
    ———————–
    Haha, thank you.

• angie2much

FrancyJonasGomez said:

Einelen said:
    marissababyxo said:
    ———————–
    Haha, thank you.

• camm

if you don’t like taylor, why respond to the post? if you don’t have anything nice to say, don’t say anything at all =)

• fearless now

I love all the songs…. i thought any song would beat “untouchable” in my tay-swift playlist but “haunted” is like my new obssession… its such a powerfull and amazing song.

she deseves all the success she is getting, she is such a wonderfull role model and an amazing artist (and my fashion icon).. congrats taylor!

• FrancyJonasGomez

angie2much said:
    FrancyJonasGomez said:

Einelen said:
    marissababyxo said:
    ———————–
    Haha, thank you.

Girl calm down, no one died.

• FrancyJonasGomez

fearless now said:

Enchanted and Last Kiss <3

• Tick Tok

Nov 3, 2010 @ 02:45 pm
    angie2much said:

and wow, I am still shocked that no artist has beaten NSYNC ‘s NO STRINGS ATTACHED ALBUM. 2.4 Million the first week? LOL! I don’t think there will be an artist to EVER sell more than that amount.

You never know

• angie2much

Tick Tok said:

angie2much said:

DAMN! She sold more than Eminem?! LMAO! Taylor Swift is bigger than a rap legend ?

Swifty is the HBIC of music
    ===
    I wouldn’t say that, but she is bigger than any Disney anD Nick star plus Justin Bieber COMBINED

• natjbguitargirl

love that cd last kiss :D, Better Than Revenge :D and Enchanted :):)

• gabby xo

im not trying to be meaan, but if you dont like taylor, stop reading about her. her success obviously means nothing to you, so why comment on it! its rude and she deserves every bit of success she earns! long live taylor!

• Untouchable

yay for taylor

• La2

“People don’t know what “good music” is like” and blah blah blah… Well, the fact that she sold that much on the first week just shows that more than a million of people find her music “good”. Good or bad is a matter of opinion/taste, so just because some people don’t like her music, doesn’t make it bad.

I agree though, that she is getting overrated nowadays. I used to love her back in 2006-2008. I also agree that she’s not a natural singer. But it doesn’t make her music “bad”. Speak Now is getting a lot of great reviews from critics.

• La2

• marissababyxo

• Kourtney

• MORICETSZ

FML.

• ADUBLove

taylor swift is a G. that is all.

• MORICETSZ

she gains fame from other artists.
    stop writing about people everyone knows. its fucking obvious.

• gabby xo

congratz taylor! you deserve every single fan you havee! :) you have no idea how much your fans love you. thanlk you !

• milenator

Good for her

but i honestly dont see why she’s so special all her songs are about boys Jus sayinn

• Recidivist

People do not know good music…SMH

• PullTheTrigger

Recidivist said:

People do not know good music…SMH

Ikr? :/

• angie2much

• PaaperPlanes

Congratulations to Taylor.
    But.. Her voice is not even that good, and she is overrated as a songwriter. :/

• FrancyJonasGomez

Good for her, i thought her album was pretty good.

• TraceSTAN

Not a big fan, but people can like whatever they like, good for her.

• PullTheTrigger

Lady Gaga kicked ass last night. JS.

• angie2much