Patrick Lovato, ‘Demi Is Doing Great.’

Demi Lovato is in her second week at a treatment center working on ‘emotional and physical issues’ and is doing well according to father Patrick Lovato. Patrick told Radar Online: ‘Demi’s doing great, she’s such a strong girl.‘ Demi called him this week & they spoke about his cancer: ‘She told me she loved me, she really loves her daddy. She told me she’s getting better.’

Demi’s erratic behavior may have started when a guy she fell in love with, David Osborn, died in a tubing accident. Patrick said: ‘She was really heartbroken. She was really in love with the guy. Bless her heart. She’s always been an honest person, what can I say? ..All I’ve got here is my dog Daytona but I’ve offered to let Demi come and stay here any time she wants to.’

UPDATE: Demi’s represenatative told New York Times that Demi did NOT talk to father Patrick Lovato: ‘Not true. She hasn’t spoken to her dad in a long time. He’s making false claims.’

• fearless now

‘She told me she loved me, she really loves her daddy’
    Sounds like something a mentally ill dad would say if he was doing his daughter.

its disturbing,…
    it’s clear that she has some serious issues with her father…
    i dont like demi, she is not a saint like her fans think she is and i believe that now she has to deal with the wrong choices that she made in her life.

I just feel bad for the family she has… i mean look at her biological father and famewhore mother.

• MileyEqualsSlut

Ppl feel sorry for her cause she was bullied. but everyone forgets that one of the ppl who bullied her was miley. in that video she made with her skank friend mandy she made fun of demi’s teeth and makeup. just cause demi forgave her doesn’t make it right. it’s called cyber-bullying and miley was a bitch for making that video

• GottaLoveLovato

I am a Demi fan and I KNOW shes not a saint but I love her anyway. I totally agree with you about the parents thing. Every star that has gone psycho has had shithead parents and bad friends. If Demis parents had a tighter hold on her none of this would have happened

• Sarcasm was always intended

dammit patrick stfu

• EvaSnow

Wow David Osborn is mentioned again… How many times will his name pop up? I’m starting to believe that the Blind Item is true.

• bananapancakesplease

Why is the fact Demi is where she is now never HER fault? It’s always being blamed on her parents, her friends, Joe, Ashley, the dancer, the people around her. None of those people told her to have an eating disorder? none of them told her to cut, or to not speak up and tell the people she works for “give me space” or just “NO.” No one told her to go party and drink underage. I mean, I’m glad she’s getting helped now that she realized how much she fucked herself up, but seriously.

• EvaSnow

bananapancakesplease said:

__________
    MTE. I’m also trying to tell that to everyone. But not everyone seems to get it.

• MileyEqualsSlut

“she’s always been an honest person?”
    that’s why she lied about cutting herself for 2 years

• fearless now

true and i dont want even talk about her “friends”…

• xSweetCandyxx

He really needs to shut up :/

• bananapancakesplease

EvaSnow said:

bananapancakesplease said:

__________
    Me too, but usually people get all pissy and are all, “But the haters caused that!” No, the haters didn’t. Other people have even more haters, and they aren’t as fucked up as Demi. She just needs to learn how to filter it. She DOES have a team of people who should do that for her.

• fearless now

“she’s always been an honest person?”
    that’s why she lied about cutting herself for 2 years

and that’s why she is still lying… i wish she had the courage to admit that she is not ok and tell the truth about her mistakes and face the consequences with professional help

• GottaLoveLovato

I know. All of her “friends” were just… Backstabbing assholes (putting it nicely)

• Britini95

Yeah, all of Demi’s “friends” seem really sketchy and like they really don’t care for her.

• Gearsarealwaysturning

she was in love with him? what the eff..

• Ceecile

“Oh father, dear father, put the bottle down & for the love of a daughter, oh father.” For The Love Of A Daughter – Demi Lovato

Enough said.
    I hope at least now she’ll release that song.

• Gearsarealwaysturning

said:

Enough said.
    I hope at least now she’ll release that song.
    ===
    It says “put the bottle down”?

• Tick Tok

Gearsarealwayst… said:

Who is david?

dave is a guy that died back in the summer, he was friends with demi and anna (demi’s friend who’s been hanging out with miley). supposedly he and demi had sex back in dec when she was in texas and there’s a tape.

• ColdAsU

‘She told me she loved me, she really loves her daddy’
    I don’t feel bad for Demi about the rumors or her issues.I feel bad that her dad won’t shut up!

• Gearsarealwaysturning

I feel bad for demi. :(

• ColdAsU

PS.I’m not saying Demi and her dad did anything.I’m not trying to start rumors.I know it wouldn’t happend.

• dilemma

ColdAsU said:

LMAO you didn’t need to type that xD the girl has enough rumors to deal with

• ColdAsU

Did you not read my other comment?

• thedullblade

lol, she didnt lie ppl have to understand demi never realesed a statment or even adressed the cutting situation it was her rep

• wavy

umm this guy is a drunk..i saw a video of him and he looked drunk

• hey. its me

Poor Demi..

• hey. its me

Ceecile said:

thats deep.haha

• Idontgiveafuck

GOD, STFU.
    Patrick Lovato is just.. ridiculous.

• aaliyahnoelle

patrick lovato should just remain silent. i know he’s sick and all and he very well may want whats best for demi but jeez….SHUT UP

• aaliyahnoelle

better yet. people should stop giving him chances to speak up. stop giving this guy attention

• Anonimuss2.Oh

Wow. Such recent stories from a man who claims to not have seen his daughter(s) in 2 years. He’s probably got a mental disorder or something. I like him, I do. But…damn, bro STFU.

• CoolerThanU

If he is making false claims he’s an actual fame whore. What sort of father would add that sort of pressure to hs daughter who is seeking help for ‘EMOTIONAL and physical issues’
    Douche.
    I hope Demi is doing amazing though, I want her to be okay again.

• Anonimuss2.Oh

Nov 12, 2010 @ 12:56 pm
    fearless now said:
    rehab for celebrities are just PR-reccomended spa stays. celeb rehabs are like resorts with massages and pools and hot tubs. she only went there cause she’s afraid of going to jail for punching out that dancer. no sympathy from me to her. plus she’s been rude to fans on many occasions

ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    =========================

Hey, I’d believe it. Celeb rehab is like Tylenol. You’re “better” because it WANTS you better. The second it wears off, you’re back at square one.

Alex is planning to sue Demi, and “I’m sorry, It was an accident. I have life problems” will be her defense. The judge will shed a tear and dismiss the case.

• never change

i’m still a demi fan

• rockstar101

She’s surely not in rehab because of that Dave guy. That was even before she dated Joe. And no one even said they were dating. Just that they had sex while she was on drugs.Yeah, she’s probably taken drugs and to be honest, it doesn’t surprise me. This is just how Hollywood fucks you up, especially with a past of cutting and such stuff. But who am I to judge the problems of a desperate teenager who’s obviously totally broke? And who are YOU to judge?

Yeah, life’s not easy when your dad is bullshitting about you to the press.

• dearstephh

i feel bad for him.

• nikabela

I’m not kidding: I think his cancer has already spread to his brain. Not kidding.

• HiddenSmile

Can we just let the demi news die. PLEASE! I’m tired of hearing all this B.S that may or may not be true. I dont give a damn just let the girl get her treatment.

• taylenaluver

I’m sick of reading things about her and rehab.

• fearless now

“she’s always been an honest person?”
    that’s why she lied about cutting herself for 2 years

————————
    Um…isnt that what shes doing?

what? getting help or telling the truth? or both?

• missxc

Nov 12, 2010 @ 02:05 pm
    fearless now said:

“she’s always been an honest person?”
    that’s why she lied about cutting herself for 2 years

————————
    Um…isnt that what shes doing?

what? getting help or telling the truth? or both?

————————–

Getting help and I’m sure she’ll make a statement once she’s out.

• Gearsarealwaysturning

@ 12:36 pm
    MileyEqualsSlut said:
    “she’s always been an honest person?”
    that’s why she lied about cutting herself for 2 years
    ===
    I wouldnt go around sayin “HEY EVERYONE!!! I CUT MYSELF, HOW COOL!” dont you think? that is private and she has the right to not tell anything to STRANGERS like her fans. Thanks.

• fearless now

……..

you had any doubt?

• EvaSnow

fearless now said:

……..

you had any doubt?
    ___________
    No I didn’t. But I just wanted to point out that his name does pop up all the time so probably something happened.

• MileyEqualsSlut

• fearless now

of course it’s her fault…. but obviously her issues began in her childhood and i dont know about you but my mother would give me a slap in the face if I was 17 and came home drunk and stoned (if these rumors are true about Demi being a drug and alcohol addicted)

• fearless now

ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• dilemma

didn’t read the article but her dad is one huge of an attention whore just like lindsay lohan’s dad

I’m sorry,but he should shut up about it and stop giving full reports if he wants his daughter to do well

I hope he makes up for everything he did and she finally gets the father she deserves

I’m sorry,didn’t know he had cancer
    I hope he gets rid of it asap
    but he’s still an attention whore you know

• MrsJimHalpert

He should just STFU.

• Gearsarealwaysturning

Poor man. He is a drunk dude…Or something. XD he shoould just shut the fuck up.

• Anonymous1

Demi’s rep said Demi never spoke to him and that they haven’t spoken in a long time. This isn’t even lolzy anymore. What a douchecanoe.

• Gearsarealwaysturning

Demi’s bad behavior may have started when a guy she fell in love with, David Osborn

what?

• Tick Tok

demi’s dad is such an asshole, it’s not even funny anymore.

• missxc

Anonymous1 said:

———————-
    OceanUp posted that on their twitter so I dont know why they’re posting this article….But yea, he is a douche.

• Moonbeam

Demis reps said he lied. I think he is mentally ill. It sounds like her really believes the stories he makes up. I feel bad for him.

• Tick Tok

Nov 12, 2010 @ 11:06 am
    Gearsarealwayst… said:

what?

• Britini95

Demi said that her father abadonded her and her sister after their parents got divorced, she hasn’t spoken to him since. I doubt he saw her in 2008 and her rep said she never spoke to him with in the treatment center.I think he wants people to pay attention to him. It’s sd that he is sick, but her really needs to STFU. I really don’t think Demi is a drug addict or alcholic. Where’s the proof? Where’s this video? People want to start making up crazy rumors to milk this story. Her reps will always deny it and people will always say things on the internet, so we may never really know.

• Gearsarealwaysturning

Who is david?

• pandora

Give Demi a break guys – so she’s not a saint – doubt if any of the Disney kids are but she certainly has a tough background with that family!!!!!

• missxc

fearless now said:

“she’s always been an honest person?”
    that’s why she lied about cutting herself for 2 years

————————
    Um…isnt that what shes doing?

And I dont care if you’re an honest person or not, you dont just go around telling people you cut yourself.

• missxc

MileyEqualsSlut said:

————————–

I highly doubt she would get jail time for giving someone a little bruise.