Lady Gaga #1 & Taylor Swift #2 2010 Artist

taylorswiftbillboard

Lady Gaga has been named Billboard’s Artist Of The Year 2010. Taylor Swift, who won in 2009, came in a close second. Swift has two albums in the top 10 of the year-end Billboard 200 tally, the first time an artist has done this since 1992 [Garth Brooks]. Ke$ha was named Top New Artist of 2010.

• Britini95

You may not like Lady Gaga or Taylor Swift, but at least they write their own songs. Taylor’s new album came out a month ago and her other album has been out since late 2008, and she’s on #2 spot, that shows alot about her influence in the industry.

• Britini95

AN ARTIST: IS SOMEONE WHO CAN WRITE MUSIC ON THE SPOT AND DOESN’T NEED HELP.
    I think Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift are the only ones in the industry who could pull that off! Well, at least in pop music. Taylor wrote an entire album by herself!

• WHATSUP
  • Britini95

Dec 9, 2010 @ 08:34 pm
    WHATSUP said
    JUSTIN IS NO ARTIST BUT HE CAN SING..
    Sorry, but Justin isn’t that great of a singer. When he first came out, he was pretty decent. But now he just lip syncs and if he does sing live, his voice cracks to no end. Damn you puberty….

• xoangelaa

I’m sorry but Taylor swift cannot sing. she just has a good agent.

okay you sound fucking retarded. last time i checked, no “agent” was in the store making me buy her CD.
    check yourself bitch, and go listen to your lil jo bros lol.

• xoangelaa

wow, way to delete your comment paparazzigirl.

• WHATSUP

HIS VOICE USE TO BE GOOD

• Britini95

Dec 9, 2010 @ 08:29 pm
    xoangelaa said:

Ke$ha??? really?…
    wow.

If anything, Bieber should have one that title.
    Justin’s first album “My World” came out in November of 2009, so technically he can’t be considered best new artist of 2010. People like party auto-tuned music these days, and that’s what she does.

• WHATSUP

THE MUSICAL INDUSTRY IS DEAD

FULL OF FAKE
    AND LIE ABOUT WHO WRITES THE MUSIC

• xoangelaa

Britini95 said:

Dec 9, 2010 @ 08:29 pm
    xoangelaa said:

Ke$ha??? really?…
    wow.

If anything, Bieber should have one that title.

—————

Kesha’s single “Tik Tok” came out in Sepetember 2009.

• paparazzigirl

Dec 9, 2010 @ 08:40 pm
    xoangelaa said:
    check yourself bitch, and go listen to your lil jo bros lol.

Haha um wow. do you know what an agent does? An agent pushes and advertises her on TV itunes youtube facebook and all the other websites. and people automatically start to like her because she’s everywhere.
    And the jonas brothers are fucking hot. Taylor looks like a monkey.

• WHATSUP

PEOPLE NEED TO COME TO REALITY….
    SELENA, JUSTIN AREN’T REALLY ARTIST
    AND THAT NIKKI IS A FAKE TRYING TO ACT LIKE LADYA GAGE

MOST ARTIST HAVE ADCTING SONG BUT THEY DIDN’T WRITE

• Britini95

replying to this) – Dec 9, 2010 @ 08:40 pm
    paparazzigirl said:

I’m sorry but Taylor swift cannot sing. Everyone thinks that she’s the first person to write about “Love” and “breakup” IT’S NOT ORIGINAL.
    Of course she isn’t the first to write those type of songs! But she is one of few not only write thier own songs, but make their music relatable to their audience. Which is the main appeal to Taylor. I will admit that I wish Taylor would have a song or two about something else, her only singing love songs is annoying me; but that’s her MO. But saying that she is not original just because she writes songs about a common subject is silly. John Lennon wasn’t first to sing about love and peace, was he not orginal?

• paparazzigirl

Britini95 said:

Of course she isn’t the first to write those type of songs! But she is one of few not only write thier own songs, but make their music relatable to their audience. I will admit that I wish Taylor would have a song or two about something else; but that’s her MO. But saying that she is not original just because she writes songs about a common subject is silly. John Lennon wasn’t first to sing about love and peace, was he not orginal?

——————————

True. but i just think its strange that people are giving Taylor so much credit when plenty of other singers are better then her and she’s the one getting the awards. The award shows are the ones that called her original. i just disagree.

• WHATSUP

Britini95

SHOWS

DEMI FANS

ARE SMART

• Wish

“THE MUSICAL INDUSTRY IS DEAD

FULL OF FAKE
    AND LIE ABOUT WHO WRITES THE MUSIC”

• CupcakezLover

rme at some of these comments…

• Britini95

Dec 9, 2010 @ 08:47 pm
    xoangelaa said:

Britini95 said:

Dec 9, 2010 @ 08:29 pm
    xoangelaa said:

Ke$ha??? really?…
    wow.

If anything, Bieber should have one that title.

—————

Kesha’s single “Tik Tok” came out in Sepetember 2009
    Yes, but her actual album came out in Januray 2010. And Billboard goes by albums with this list, not singles.

• Britini95

Dec 9, 2010 @ 08:51 pm
    WHATSUP said:

Britini95
    SHOWS
    DEMI FANS
    ARE SMART
    —————-
    Thanks! I love your kissy Demi icon. I agree that most artist these days are just manufactured robots, but some of them have certain qualities that can be appreciated.

• CupcakezLover

At least Lady Gaga and Taylor Swift do write their own songs. Out of the main stream artists that are out there they are on top.

• WHATSUP

Dec 9, 2010 @ 08:53 pm
    Britini95 said:

Dec 9, 2010 @ 08:51 pm
    WHATSUP said:

Britini95
    SHOWS
    DEMI FANS
    ARE SMART
    —————-
    Thanks! I love your kissy Demi icon. I agree that most artist these days are just manufactured robots, but some of thme have certain qualities that can be appreciated
    =====
    YOUR WELCOME

• xoangelaa

Hahahah, Paparazzigirl don’t flatter yourself sweetheart :] there were only like 8 comments on the page. Jonas Brothers are Hot? And Taylor looks like a monkey?

LMFAO.
    That’s the funniest shit I’ve heard all day.
    Well, Taylor may look like a monkey to YOU, but at least she doesnt sound like a DYING Monkey *Cough* Nick Jonas.

Let’s compare Taylor and the Jonas Brothers since that’s what you would like to do….. hahaha.

• WHATSUP

TEAM TAYLOR

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THE VOICES OF
    TAYLOR S HATER
    AND I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR
    MAKE AND PRODUCE A ALBUM
    BY THEMSELVE

• WHATSUP

TEAM TAYLOR

I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THE VOICES OF
    TAYLOR S HATER
    AND I WOULD LOVE TO HEAR THEM
    MAKE AND PRODUCE A ALBUM
    BY THEMSELVE

IF YOU DO THAT I WILL PERSONAL KILL TAYLOR FOR YOU..
    AND GO TO HELL BECAUSE I KILLED SOME ONE

• paparazzigirl

xoangelaa said:

well since you completely ignored the point of the comment i see you don’t have a reply.

i’m not having an online fight comparing Taylor swift to the jonas brothers. i’m not a 15 year old girl looking for reassurance about they’re “idols” ;)

ummm i really dont see taylor “everywhere”. she rarely posts youtube videos, all artists have a facebook page, and everyone does interviews. hahaha jonas brothers! sooo how many albums have they sold compared to taylor?

• paparazzigirl

umm do you watch tv? and she’s on “gossip” websites like the one your on now :)

• WHATSUP

====

TO PROMOTED THEMSELVE

TAYLOR DOESN’T NEED TO PROMOTED HERSELF

HER ALBUM DID THAT BY STAYING ON TOP OF THE CHARTS

• paparazzigirl

Watch this and tell me taylor swift is good

i only know one song by kesha (tik tok) but its alright. its catchy and its good for dancing and hitting the gym (which i do regularly)… why does everyone act as if they understand about music?? or are u guys just copying “expert’s” s opinions on what’s good and what’s not.

• StreetsOfGold

I have seen both Taylor and lady gaga in concert and I think lady gaga has way more talent than Taylor. Sure Taylor has cute songs and an AMAZING voice but gaga has SO much fucking talent and she’s way better live than in her recorded music. Congratulations Lady gaga!!!

And plus, I ain’t gay but gagas gotta sexy body;)

I know this is random, & I’m not even a big demi fan etheir, but I garuntee you that if taylor came out with the album here we go again, it would get so many honors & awards. Honestly Demi music is so beautiful, she seriously needs more credit. That’s I think demi needs to get out of disney. She doesn’t need them, & would be taken way more serious. I don’t think slot of people even know what Demi is capable of

• gabby xo

YAAYYY TAYLOR! YOU DESERVE IT 100% ! and to all the haters, get over it, shes amazing :)

• xoangelaa

I agree 120%!!! Demi doesn’t get halfff the credit she deserves. she definitely needs to drop disney AND her stupidass Manager… cough Mr Jonas.

They have a different style.. I mean in stage.. I like Gaga’s songs but I looooove everything about Taylor. She’s cute, gorgeous.. she can sing and she writes so amazing songs.

• EmmaLC

Yay Gaga!
    I’m really happy that the top two artists are women. Not that I’m a feminist or anything…

haha this is getting way off topic but…demi is amazing!!! she has such a powerful voice and she was awesome live at her concert.

eh..if ke-dollar sign-ha (according to whatthebuck lmao) is in there then bye bye good music
    you can’t even rely on billboard anymore -sigh-

SHUT THE FUCK UP HATERS TAYLOR IS SUCH A TALENTED GIRL AND SHES AMAZING AT EVERYTHING SHE DOES. SHES THE PERFECT ROLEMODEL SHES BEAUTIFUL AND ALSO HAS A BEAUTIFUL VOICE EVEN THOGUTH SOMETIMES SHE DOESN’T SOUND THAT PERFECT LIVE BUT ANYWAY SHE DOES HER BEST AND SHES EVEN GETTING BETTER DAY BY DAY. I’M SO GLAD SHE’S SECOND :)
    Lady Gagas songs are cool but she just creeps me the fuck out :| idk
    and Kesha, seriosuly, SUCKS.

• getouttamyway

i think Lady Gaga is the best artist ever, you need originality? she has! she is extraordinary and anyone can do what she does.

• xSweetCandyxx

I’m glad Lady Gaga won the award but Ke$ha seriously??She doesn’t have any talent and her music is stupid…..

• dilemma

getouttamyway said:

um..did you mean “can’t” ?

• suckit

lady gaga<3love that bitch

Kesha is one of the worst artist ever walked on stage !
    lady gaga is not that good either ..
    Taylor deserves to be 1st !

• Kuino

Obvio Taylor swift es mejor que lady gaga (:

• KBsuckers

seriously i love Ke$ha she’s amazing so to the haters SHOVE IT >_<

• KBsuckers

seriously i love Ke$ha she’s amazing so to the haters SHOVE IT >_<

• cwxldfadk

xCT16O ssvcbsyfpqix, [url=http://silkibxfpoav.com/]silkibxfpoav[/url], [link=http://gooysebnnmsg.com/]gooysebnnmsg[/link], http://bkeixmwqgila.com/

• KBsuckers

seriously i love Ke$ha she’s amazing so to the haters SHOVE IT >_<

• KBsuckers

dear OU
    thanks for posting my comment so many times…greatly appreciated >_>

• JaneaLynn

Ke$ha? Really? Well, I guess her album sales back it up.

Plus, Lady Gaga went from best NEW artist last year to Artist of the Year this year! That’s crazy!

I love lady gaga, and she absolutely deserves this! She has been on tour forever, and she works so hard. So, I think that this is great, and she deserves it. Im a little monster. What can I say ;)

They both suck

COOL

• paparazzigirl

Watch this video then say taylor swift deserves this award.

• xoangelaa

Ke$ha??? really?…
    wow.

If anything, Bieber should have one that title.

• ItsBlairWaldorf

Don’t care for either.

YAY

Oh darn, no bieber as best! Finally, something that has a brain. I just don’t get the bieber hype. I can’t stand his voice or the way he acts in interviews . Sorry to say, but the music industry is really not full of talented people anymore. People can’t sing live and so much music is autotuned, has poor lyrics and just plainly stinks IMO. There are talented artist out there, but they stay hidden behind the new genre of music.

• WHATSUP

SERIOUSLY LADY GAGA IS SUCH A FAKE
    HALF OF THE MUSICANS ARE FAKES
    AND DON’T WRITE THERE OWN MUSIC

JUSTIN IS NO ARTIST BUT HE CAN SING..

AN ARTIST: IS SOMEONE WHO CAN WRITE MUSIC ON THE SPOT AND DOESN’T NEED HELP.

• paparazzigirl

I like Tay and I enjoy her music, but then I felt she was becoming way way overrated, & truthfuly i was getting anoyed she was winning every award & getting every top honoud.It felt like no matter what artist came out, & deserved just as much appretation & those awards she wAs gonna win ether way. It’s kind of like, man let other people have there shine too, but I know it’s not her fault tho. I did watch a documentary on her yesterday tho, & I did gain respect for her, & realized that everything she has in her life now she haz worked hard for.

• xoangelaa

Dude, paparazzigirl, lmfao.. GTFO! you keep trying to start shit. leaaaaaaaave this post already, damn. obviously your opinion of taylor don’t mean shit haha.

• paparazzigirl

I don’t really care about the Jonas Brothers. I just think they’re hot. (like millions of other people in the world)

yeah. cuz taylor’s agent totally told oceanup to post this.

• paparazzigirl

um hello? now that she’s popular she’s on gossip websites. She clawed her way to the top. i don’t see the big deal of her. she’s not good she can’t hold a note and all she sings about is being broken up with by guys (i wonder why so many people broke up with her cough*cough*)

shes popular because people like her music. somebodys bitter.

• paparazzigirl

Allot of people hate her music and everyones entitled to they’re opinion :P

• paparazzigirl

can someone please explain to me how her new album sold over a million records in a week? How can people be so deaf (and blind?) cant they hear that her songs are about one thing: love. i have looked up all? the songs to the lyrics. its all same, just written differently. And the guitar playing is 2 simple (for a “professional”), a begginer guitarists can play them. and she calls herself country? she’s not!

todays music really kills me. and everyone who know what music is supposed to sound like.