Matt Cardle, ‘I’d Hate To Sing The Climb’

mattcardlemiley

X Factor UK winner Matt Cardle talk withMTV UK about Miley Cyrus’ ‘The Climb': ‘As soon as they presented me with the opportunity to sing ‘When We Collide’, I just snatched it. I didn’t let them change their minds. I would have hated to of sang Miley Cyrus, The Climb.. I mean with Miley Cyrus’ The Climb, you can kind

of s**t on a Miley Cyrus song and not many people are going to care because fans of The Climb by Miley Cyrus are children. They are not going to be like ‘Oh god, I can’t believe they’ve done a cover’, but when it comes to Biffy Clyro, they have a hardcore, die-hard fanbase and are a hugely credible band. You can’t f*** around with one of their songs.’

• Clauber

I think the same! Totally agreed

• Peace.

He is not even famous so what the hell is he talking about? It should be an honor to him to sing a song from Miley Cyrus and someday, be famous as Miley is.

he is right^^ everyone sees miley still as a disney-girl in europe! so bad for her, she is trying too hard to get off this image^^ i akways laugh when i read “disney-star miley” hahaha

• oxoemmaoxo

Peace. said:

Well in the UK more people know who he is than miley. And singing miley cyrus as a winners single was a joke last year. No one takes her seriously. So I do get what he’s talking about.

• KBsuckers

I’m sorry OU no one knows him why the heck is he relevant..oh wait cuz Miley is in it…another OU fail.

This is so true. Joe M flopped last year singing a Miley Cyrus song cause no1 could take it seriously. GO MATT :D

Biffy Clyro is a BAND, not a singer!

• parathereal

he can be happy he was allowed to sing her song
    stupid moron

WTF?!!!!!
    YOUR A MILEY FAN AND YOUR TALKING BAD ABOUT HER??!
    and a though that guy was AN IDIOT!

• RawrrMiley

I get what he’s saying. I love Miley, but I’d find it hard to take him seriously if he sang The Climb. But there’s no need for him to like, publicly diss her. I get he has his opinion, but its uncalled for. Don’t get me wrong, I love Matt, but there was no need to say that about her.

I adore him. <3

He thinks cause he won this X Factor thing and is now famous in the UK he can say everything. Boy, she is Miley Cyrus and has a bigger career then you! I would be glad to sing with her. Man!

I never hEard. Of biffy cyro or whatever the name was.

—————

I’ll explain, that’s a band which songs will never die, unlike hannah montana they’re true legends and have a fanbase of adults and teens not children got it? :)

parathereal said:

he can be happy he was allowed to sing her song
    stupid moron

you might think he’s not famous but here he is he is very revelant here actually and I agree with the previous comment more people know him here than Miley. If he or any other singer sang The Climb or any other song by Miley it would be a massive joke, not to mention some people wouldn’t know the song.

I understand that you are her fan but being able to sing a song from her is not a privilege or anything, because she’s that notorious as singer as classics from the 70’s 80’s and 90’s

I’m European… truth

• Chelsea-Rose

“He should be honored to sing a Miley song”
    I’m sorry, but over in the UK she’s not as popular, and more of a joke. When the last X Factor winner sang The Climb most people made fun of it.

I love Biffy Clyro and in England they’re not mainstream but they’re
    more respected. Matt has got a lot more credit for covering a respectable song than a joke song, because there is more space for him to muck it up.

—————

By singing the climb it was like if he said to the audience “make fun at me”
    In the UK he is important, and as a singer he is more important than miley, he would be laughed at if he sang a song, in the next it would be something like “Matt Cardle covers hannah montana” and everyone would call him gay for a month and his chances to become a singer would be lost, you have to understand that miley is not that loved in Europe, especially in the UK

• mrsmileycyrus

i love Miley but some can’t take her seriously, i understand him.

i couldn’t take her seriously before and i was a hater before because she was the ” disney star ”.

and why should he be honored to sing a miley song? she’s not that popular in UK as in US.

he didnt go there-_-
    im sorry evreyone in the freaking world knows who miley cyrus is.. you must live under a rock if you dont! should be hourned to sing one of her songs! and people saying shes not as popular in the uk, thats why she had about 7 sold out shows in the uk last december and Biffy Clyro who?!
    and she actually has a big older fan audience now, not mostly kids now, the kids love hannah not miley-_-

• mrsmileycyrus

actually people in sweden think it’s childish to like Miley. they can’t take her seriously because of hannah montana.

• mrsmileycyrus

the climb was the reason why i started listening to Miley songs :P

• inhumancreation

I never watched the xFactor but he has a good point and Biffy Clyro is an amazing singer so.. I think I’ll like this Matt guy.

• ILoveYou.

I support Matt and i really don’t care what other people think of him. I do respect Miley but there are most better singers than Miley. JS. DONT HATE. IT’S MY OPINION.

• WISEUP!

OCEAN UP YOUR SO FULL OF CRAP! THIS STORY IS ABOUT AS TRUE AS THE DEMI SEX TAPE. WISE UP YOUR SOURCES ARE SO UNREAL!! SERIOUSLY MATTS THE NICEST PERSON WISE UP OCEANUP!!!!!!!!!!!

• MileyCyrusEuropeFan <3

DUDEEE -.-
    STFU :@@
    i dnt even knw u -,-
    an I surely knw miley :@@

I feel so sorry for you, miley sold 7 cds and Biffy after many many years of carrer still sells albuns…
    miley out from all the disney stars will be tyhe one that will never be taken serious why? because of hannah montana, if you read any article of her you’ll see a title like “hannah montana this”, “hannah montana that”, just read any article about her!

I think you live under a rock and you’re def and blind for thinking that miley has an older fanbase, is famous in the UK and is taken seriously

god of course because ocean up put this story up the response was going to be matt who/ one direction should have won / who’s biffy clyro because all of the readers cant appreciate good music or are just too young to have heard anything different than the synthesized pop music of today by the likes of miley cyrus and justin bieber and as far as they’re concerned looks are all that matter

• inhumancreation

.. You’re on a 10 right now.. you need to tone it down to about 4.

• MileyFan

He’s hot though ;)

• Slash4ever

inhumancreation said:

Dec 20, 2010 @ 10:05 am

PEOPLE I’LL TELL YOU WHAT GOOD MUSIC IS:

AND THIS IS THE BEST GUITARIST:

I just fell in love with you.

really? thanks God I thought I was the only one loving rock and SLASH <3

of course, it’s jsut a couple of songs, it’s an endless list

• inhumancreation

Honestly, the music of today’s generation is disappointing. I hate the fact I turn on the radio and all that’s played is pop shit. Most songs are so computerized. I miss the days where people relied only on their instruments and good vocals. This is why I’m practically living in the 70-80’s, when Music was really born.

rock music > pop.

I LOVE YOU ALREADY =)

yaaay =]

inhumancreation said:

THIS. i love your icons btw :)

• inhumancreation

THIS. i love your icons btw :)

Thanks :) I love yours too. I love Kristen Stewart.

• Upinflamesfedup

Maybe people shouldn’t care so much who listens to who. I’m 19 and i listen to Miley loudly, bitch, you better not give me beef about it, I’ma tear you down brick by brick.

Who is this matt guy anyway and why is he relevant?

you’re so right, I hate the fact that teens think justin bieber, miley, gaga, katty perry, kesha… are real music, it’s makes me mad
    Once my english teacher asked me to take a song to the class (in english) to fill in the gaps of the lyrics and I took Estranged by GNR, when I first said Guns n Roses, apart from the boys, everyone made fun like “who they are” “they suck” when they listened to the song every girl, everyone was “I love it” “again, again” in the edn of the class everyone asked me for the song, now they don’t think gaga makes good music anymore.
    we can’t let the rock spirit die

• Sahina

well if you sing an MC song, you won’t be taken seriously.

look at Joe McElderry. he hasn’t done well.
    and besides, his version ruined the song too.

look at the runner up from last year. he’s been successful because he didn’t sing the climb
    sure he didn’t win it, but it’s not really a “winner’s single”.

• mrsmileycyrus

kesha = ugh. justin bieber = blah. over fixed music so you can’t hear the singers real voice = ugh.

• Slash4ever

Upinflamesfedup said:

Who is this matt guy anyway and why is he relevant?

—————-

LOL LOL LOL LOL I would advise you to listen something from the 80’s you see good bands there’s still hope.
    And Matt is famous in the UK while miley is not, did I answer your question

everyone whos saying mileys awsome and it would be a honor to sing mileys songs should check out biffy clyro and matt cardle songs before they talk. they have substance miley dont

we can’t let the rock spirit die

It’s so disappointing when you mention a legit good band such has Gun’s N Roses but no one knows who they are, yet, if you shout Justin Bieber everyone jumps. I always have to explain who people like Metallica, the runaways, Joan Jett and the blackhearts, the pretty reckless are to everyone around here because no one knows anymore. Good music has completely gone out the window.

• mrsmileycyrus

i liked the breakout album but i think can’t be tamed was a big fail.

dont forget the ramones!!

• inhumancreation

The only songs I like from Miley is simple song and When you look me in the eyes.

i havent liked miley cyrus in a longgg while but now i look back her music was never good. what was i thinking!!!!

the beatles!!!

• Slash4ever

———————-

Yes, it annoys me so much, even though I don’t like GNR this days, they are legends and that’s a fact… Welcome to the jungle, sweet child, november rain, estranged, many others are epic songs, classic, they belong to history after I don’t now 10/20 years latter they still are kick ass songs.

I can only talk with music to my boy friends, I remeber I once said The Bettles to a girl friend of mine and she opened her eyes looking at me like saying “hum” I said “The bettles, Jonh Lenon, Paul McCartney… don’t tell me you don’t now them”… “NO” my mouth opened because I wouldn’t thought that one person in the world wouldn’t know who the Beatles are…

My friends tell me I’m not a girl because I like rock LOL, only boys understand me and a few girls

• Slash4ever

Dec 20, 2010 @ 10:32 am

the beatles!!!

there were so many good bands, I can’t stick with one only, I personally don’t like any song from miley but I kinda like Naturally and a year without rain by selena gomez

you should try and show ur mates the music u like coz then they will understand. i got my mates into sooo many rock bands its unreal lol

• kaylapannesi

okay, first off. how is he gonna talk shit when he needed to go on a singing competition to get famous? second, i know people dont take miley or her songs seriously, but A LOT of people liked the climb. THIRD, PEOPLE NEED TO STOP SAYING SHE ONLY HAS CHILDREN FOR FANS, especially him, because i hate to say it but kids count as people to you fucking moron. fans are fans, no matter how old they are, so u should appreciate it if they like you. this guy is a moron, i can see where he is coming from, but he is plain stupid for making a public announcement about it. he only did it for publicity so he’ll make it though to the end, so therefor, he is using miley’s fame for his own.

sometimes its easier if you get them into calmer rock music first thou n build up. i started off with good charlotte n lostprophets but tht was years n years ago now oh n a bit of simple plan lol

• Slash4ever

——————-

I think this was for me, if it wasn’t I’ll show my point anyways, my girl friends and classmates, they don’t like rock bands, they jsut like to listen to their songs p.e. they listened to Estranged now they love that song but they don’t know who the hell GNR are, the same about Aerosmith, they love I Don’t Want To Miss A Thing but they don’t know who the hell Aerosmith are… it makes me mad, but they rather listen to those unmeaningful songs, that’s way I always talk to boys about music xD

miley wouldnt be famous if her dad wasnt a singer b4 hand. she has no talent!

• Slash4ever

kaylapannesi said:

—————-

we already got to the conclusion her fans are children and he’s right now we’re talkign about good music, rock music want to join?

p.s. pop gaga justin miley and that sh*t is out

• kaylapannesi

one more thing, people who keep saying “here is some real music” maybe that is YOUR OPINION in “real” music. last time i checked, REAL music, is fuckin classical music, with instruments only, cause im sure 1,000 years ago, they wouldnt say what u call music, music. so face it, miley is real music in some people’s opinions. hahahaha. morons.

personally i blame downloads i know this sounds irrelevant but its not. i think they made music desposable so many ppl dont take notice these days of the artists so like u say they only know the few songs but dont really know who they are. what you should do is convince them to copy one of the cds onto their ipod. thats what i did with my mates and now they know wt im on about coz they know most of the songs

kaylapannesi said:

okey we get it, but you don’t have to call us morons 24/7.

• kaylapannesi

hahha, i guess im a child then, because i like a few of miley’s songs. oh and my grandmother likes the song the climb, so she is a child to right? people need to realize, EVERYONE HAS THEIR OWN OPINIONS. im not saying im a fan of mileys, because she isnt my favorite person in the world, but her fans arent only children, and she is real music. maybe she is rock, but last time i check rock isnt the only genre of music.

no rock isnt the only genre but its the best genre.
    its like one of the only genres left that use real instruments and dont include computers all the time.
    korn recorded their new album the old way without computers.
    and seriously if some one goes whos korn ill go mental. seriously look it up!

• kaylapannesi

i never said it wasnt the best, and i do know who korn is, actually my favorite song is blind, but i still have 2 or 3 miley songs on my playlist. thats my only point, im not saying anyone who doesnt like miley sucks, like u guys are saying about people who dont like rock.

• kaylapannesi

• kaylapannesi

• hithere

me too, the song is boring..

• Bubble Gum

I would flippin’ care if he s**t on a Miley Cyrus song. I never liked Matt Cardle

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

Urgh this is why One Direction should have won, Matt is so annoying.

And I don’t even know who Biffy Clyro are so stfu

if you lived in the UK you would know that last year everybody made fun at Joe because he sang something from miley, it was his end in the show, the same about last year’s winner, people made so much fun because it was miley, if it was nothing else matters p.e. it would be a hit, if you’re going to sing a song from a childish “star” that is not that well known in UK then you obviously won’t be taken serious

• Bubble Gum

LizzieHawkins said:

Oh God. lol
    Poor guy, he just ruined his chance in America.
    =========
    And 3 quarters of the universe

Gotta Love how much One Direction love is here <3

if this is so huge why dsnt matt give a concert to see how many ppl will go -.- !?
    and if he’s so talented
    he has now no chances -.-
    all miley fans ‘re gonna hate him ;@

Miley is a joke over here in England. Matt will out sell her with the snap of his fingers.

• death_bat

sorry but Biffy Clyro rock!

all you disney fans think the deffinition of rock is miley cyrus and the Jonas Brothers.

There is bands/ music artists such as Biffy who have had to work their asses off to get where they are today. Sorry they’ve not been found by Disney and have everything handed to them on a plate. At least at the end of the day they can honestly say they earned their place in the charts, unlike some.

Matt has every right to say that shit about Miley. It’s called freedom of speech!
    You’ll all do well to remember that and not everybody like yourselves worship miley cyrus. so get over it.

the reason why half of you dont know who biffy clyro is because none of you know what good music is.im sorry but if you call justin bieber the greatest artist of our time or whatever, you deserved slapped.fair enough your opinion if you like miley,jb, or whatever but you cant call that real music.
    and again agreeing with everyone else, matt cardle is much more huge in the uk than miley is and ever will be. miley doesnt get taken seriously over here because one america only cares about pop.thats it whereas over in the uk, we have a variety of music and acts on the scene.dont get me wrong i use to love all the jonas brothers time and all that but ive grown up and appreciated good music.i agree with everyone matt has said.let him be, and he’ll be a star.

Yeah, suck on a Miley song to see who wouldn’t care.

• MileyFan

and if he’s so talented
    he has now no chances -.-
    all miley fans ‘re gonna hate him ;@

The guy may be relevant in the UK, but it’s not necessary for him to say such things. It’s like Miley saying, “It’d be embarrassing if I had to sing his song” vice versa, you know?

Have any of you stupid miley fans even read his quote? He didn’t diss her at all… He just said he’d prefer to do another song he could take really seriously.

And for everyone said they don’t know who Biffy Clyro is… they’re an amazing British band. Please educate yourself before you attempt to make random accusations.

HI 5 SISTA

good thing your a nobody matt……. and i beter never hear you talk about miley again

and if he’s so talented
    he has now no chances -.-
    all miley fans ‘re gonna hate him ;@

Please don’t want to get in a fight with Matt’s fan, I live in the UK and I can asure you that Matt has more fans than Miley, not to mention about Miley’s haters that would keep on Matt’s side, don’t be stupid, you’re to lose

how disrespectful of him, to be dissing someone thats a thousand times more talented and more famous then he will ever be!

all i have to say is get miley and matt on stage with a guitar and make them sing LIVE and then you’ll see who’s more talented. miley had to go through and audition for hannah montanna if it weren’t for that she wouldn’t have got famous apart from being billy cyrus’s dad.

• Upinflamesfedup

Music is what ever shit pleases me, not you, Me. Learn to get your head out of your ass and see that many people may not have the same opinion about Music the way you do. I know it’s hard tryna see things from dif POV but try

• chelseaxoxo

i totally agree with matt. he has propper talent and believe it or not can actually sing live. unlike miley cyrus. and to all the people saying that matt had to aduition on a talent show to get famous, well guess what miley done to get hannah montanna? she auditioned. if it weren’t for hannah montanna or her being the farther of billy ray cyrus she would have had to go on a talent show too and tbh she wouldn’t win it either.

i love many of horror (thats the name of it, not “when we collide”)

it was in the charlie st cloud commercial, so youve probably heard it.. but it’s amazing. go listen to biffy clyro singing it. incredibleee and so beautiful

this guy..
    ruins it.

I wish oceanup would stop posting English things on this website…..its an American site and should stay that way! I am sick of our (I am English) celebrities and shows being trashed by Americans because they don’t know what our celebrity culture is like.
    Miley Cyrus is a huge joke here. The only people who seriously go to her shows here are eight years old. The X factor (the show Matt was on) is an absolutely huge thing over here, so lay off things you dont know. He is much more relevant than Miley, and as for it being an honour to sing the climb, well give me a break.

• Scarlett~ :)

WTF?

The climb was one of the bestselling songs of 2009, i love Biffy Clyro and all, but he
    is just being disrespectful, i bet it’s because of disney.

Oh well, i never liked him, i wanted Rebecca or One Direction to win.

x

its kinda stupid all u ppl are saying oh miley fans wont listen to matt now bcoz thats pretty stupid.

i understand matt. and I guess he wants an older audience

eplying to this) – Dec 20, 2010 @ 09:18 pm

WTF?!!!!!
    YOUR A MILEY FAN AND YOUR TALKING BAD ABOUT HER??!
    and a though that guy was AN IDIOT!

i’m not a miley fan, read my comments dumbasss. i WAS.

so i’m a idiot because i’m not a miley fan, hahahahhaha xD

********************************+

DON’T OFEND ME PLEASE! I’m a girl, 17 years old my favorite band is Guns n Roses (not anymore since Izzy, Duffy and Slash left it’s more Axl Rose and his dumbass group), I also like metallica, aerosmith…
    But you’re right, teens nowadays unfortunatly listen to hannah montana and justin bieber and think this is music LOL –> EPIC FAIL

MileyFan said:

totally agree with you dude ;DD
    people are really so behind -.-
    ok metallica are good
    so are gnr BUT get over them -.-
    they will be dead in 10 years -.- x

who gives a fuck if it’s old?

good music is good music.

• inhumancreation

exactly, people are calling Taylor a wannabe rocker. Like WTF? she is a rocker and a great singer! i like her voice.

People honestly don’t understand her and I find it kinda funny because she really couldn’t give a shit. She definitely is a rocker.

• SwiftFanForev

Matt is such a dick.

Matt is such a dick.

He gave his honest opinion, and a majority of people in the UK and Ireland will completely agree with him. How does that make him a dick?

says the girl with the icon with demi in her bra
    seriously thts just kinda weird
    and matt was being honest
    if your like over 12 and u listen to miley cyrus you will get picked on in the UK just sayin

• SavvySays

i’m really proud of Taylor Momsen and her band, i mean her music is the shiiit!! =]

I agree completely. I wish the pretty reckless got the credit they deserved.

people are calling her a wannabe because she’s trying so hard. She has a great voice and great presence, but all the little ho extras are unneccessary. She’s marketing her image snd not her music, and it’s distracting. She seems like she’s trying too hard to be Cherie Currie and Courtney Love, and everything she’s doing they’ve already done and they did it better. None of what she does comes off as genuine. I like her music, but her image…I’m not buying it.

SwiftFanForev said:

Matt is such a dick.

he was a dick for saying his opinion? okey. so if he would’ve said that he liked Miley he wouldn’t be a dick.

• inhumancreation

Everyone has their own style. Most music nowadays stay within the same style range and just because a singer goes out of the box and does her own thing doesn’t mean she tries to hard to look a certain way. She could find Cherie Currie and such fashion icons. Her fashion is who she is, she’s not gonna dress in anything else she dislikes.

i’m guessing most of you guys that are saying you don’t know him are american. :L he is famous he won the xfactor. in america you might love miley cyrus but in england it’s only kids that love hannah montanna that actually like her. and guess what? he got the chirstmas no1 over hear unlike joe mceldery who sang the climb last year and didn’t get it because noone took him seriously. everyone is intiled to their opinion and matt is stating his. he isn’t a dick. miley’s a dick for getting high and making a fool of herself while beign recorded. she’s a fool.

• MileyRules

THIS is why ONE DIRECTION or Rebecca should have won. they’d have been more greatfull. specially Rebecca. though
    ILOVEONEDIRECTION!(:

you are shit for saying like that, asshole! The song is much better than you.

• HayleyBee

Go on Matt, tell it like it is.
    I loved Joe McElderry and all but clearly Matt’s right seeing as how ‘The Climb’ was the only X Factor cover EVER not to make it to Christmas Number One. No one over the age of fifteen knew it (apart from me, but that’s because I’m a big kid) and therein lay the problem.

MileyFan said:

totally agree with you dude ;DD
    people are really so behind -.-
    ok metallica are good
    so are gnr BUT get over them -.-
    they will be dead in 10 years -.- x

lol I see you’re a miley fan from the begining of the comment, no sweetie, GNR/METALLICA won’t be dead neither in 10 or 100 years, they are living legends they belong to history, miley is be dead in a couple month, and when nobody listen to your miley everyone will listen to sweet child and nothing else matters

• Slash4ever

—————–

your comment is an EPIC FAIL,let me tell you why, because it’s easy for me (I’m a beyond horrible singer), to go to a recording studio and sing something with my horrible voice, then someone with a f*cking computer changes my voice completly into a melodie, then I completly change my look, I make some surgeries put some extentions and hey I’m the new it girl in the business if I want to sing live I just plaback!

A good singer/band/guitarist is seen live not in the studio version, I love Incubus and you know why, because Brandon can do a 2 hours concert thta his voice will be consistent and he has such a beautiful voice, Slash is the best guitarist, why? Well because he goes on stage and the difference between the studio and the live version are very very very few… and Bon Jovi? not because Jon is hot as hell, but because he writes good and meaningful lyrics, he’s one of the best songwrites his songs make sense and he has a beuaitufl voice… the same for other good bands/singers…

when miley, gaga and all sh*t goes to stage they’re a FAILURE!

when you like lives performances more than the studio version, THAT DEF IS GOOD AND REAL MUSIC, and this don’t happens nowadays because it’s so easy to change someone’s voice and do playback -.- if you have a hot look even better

• LizzieHawkins

Oh God. lol
    Poor guy, he just ruined his chance in America.

im pretty sure he hasnt unless all of the adults in the usa listen to miley

i highly doubt tht

treww dat — and all the other people who say he’s a wanker for bagging miley!! ilayz

WHO THE FUCK IS HE PLZ OU STOP POSTING ABOUT THESE IRRELEVANT ASS UK PEOPLE THAT NOBODY GIVE A DAM ABOUT PLZ

you won the fucking x factor you will most likely fade away like the other winners of these singing contests.

Go on Matt, tell it like it is.
    —————————-
    how could no one know the climb in the uk? miley is huge over there.. she did sell out the 02 and she had to add extra nights there because everyone wanted to go.. so thats a little confusing.. but it was most likely not on the christmas number one because the guy singing it doesn’t have miley’s fan base thats the reason the climb was huge because of her fan base.

joe mceldry is like the same ages as miley maybe a yr or 2 older but he was younger then when he released it and he has the same age audience.

at the time there was all these things in the papers that apparently the contestants wernt happy with the cover and that was before we all found out wt the cover was goin to be and most of the remaining contestants wernt happy but then again you cant always believe the media

miley sold out the o2 b4 the climb when most 10 yr olds wanted to see her as hannah montanna but miley was the best they could get. coz she never did hannah over here

• RuleMyWorld

This just makes me love matt even more! And I can’t believe there are people on here who actually don’t know who Biffy Clyro is?!?!

At least Matt knows what real music is..

• inhumancreation

You think you’re smart with your little witty comment there, don’tcha? Well, let me tell you something about music. Music is computerless. You can’t expect me to agree with you into saying Miley is real music when all her songs rely on technology. What’s happened to the instruments? The voices that never needed to be auto tuned to be catchy? Honestly. If you think that today’s generation is real music you need a reality check. The beatles, Metallica, the runaways eg, THAT’S MUSIC! Not because they had millions of fans, not because everyone liked them, not because they sold out like crazy, but because they never needed a computer to fix their song, they had their guitars, their drums and their voices and made music come together. so bitch please don’t tell me that miley is real music when that girl doesn’t even pick up a instrument, all she does is dance in her underwear.

• RuleMyWorld

“Irrelevant ass Uk peole” ?? I’m assuming your american then? When will americans get out of thier own arses and realise that the world nor the music industry revolves around them?!?!?1

im off now peeps good to see there are decent music fans still around thou woop woop

• inhumancreation

I agree completely. I wish the pretty reckless got the credit they deserved.

dont nobody wana hear him or know who he b is anyway BITCH

kaylapannesi said:

i dont see one sentence in my comment that says “YOU CANT COME ON OCEANUP IF YOUR A ROCK FAN” do u? didnt think so. i asked a question to understand why such haters would keep up to date with people they dont like. its like those girls, who say they hate they’re ex boyfriend SO MUCH, but then talk about them 24 fuckin 7. really? u dont like them, cause i would think other wise. which goes for the same here, really you dont like miley? because your on a page about her, so i would think otherwise. get it?

oooh bohoo, get over it.

• MileyFan

ok this wsnt rly an offesnive cment for metallica or gn or iron maiden -.-
    i rly like their music -.-
    bt srsly i dnt even knw this guy -.-
    and yeah people I’m 14 and listen to Miley
    -.-
    so what ?
    my sisters 4 and listens to metallica -.-
    what’s ur problem !? :@

• Phoebe

What the hell? XD Seriously, I don’t get it?

• MileyFan

agree <3
    thats what we listen t usa -.-
    so if he wnts e career he better stfu :@

amen to that!

• kaylapannesi

omg, you guys must not be able to read, because everytime someone replys, i just repeat myself again. i like ALOT OF DIFFERENT MUSIC, like most people do. oh and nice mentioning the runaways, cause i love them. dead end justice, cherry bomb, or lets see, california paradise.. or oooo my favorite, queens of noise. im not a huge beatles fan, because im only 17 and my parents never listened to them. but i do like a few songs, my favorite is yellow submarine, so dont come at me like i dont know what music is, but im saying get over it. we are almost in 2011, and new things will happen hahahah

inhumancreation said:

I agree completely. I wish the pretty reckless got the credit they deserved.

One direction are going to do sooo much better. Their winners single would have been absolutely epic.

why dont u open up ur tiny mind and search him on utube, you might learn somthing n get better taste

• dustyfoxes

Matt is a bit stupid.

• Nesihonsu

I never heard of X factor before utill my Google alert about Biffy Clyro has shown me!

I never hEard. Of biffy cyro or whatever the name was.

• Oh SNAP

I’ll let you have your 15 minutes, Matt…

Although I can’t help but say that One Direction or Rebecca should’ve won. They would be FAR more grateful than you.

• omgitsjoejonas

I understand his point because he’s saying it from an English point of view. In America yeah, teens love Miley Cyrus – The Climb but in England not many do. Last year when the winner sang Miley Cyrus, it wasn’t cool or nice, it was a joke and people made fun of it.

I love Biffy Clyro and in England they’re not mainstream but they’re

• Katie13

If you live in the UK you’d understand that singing Miley is a joke. So I understand Matt perfectly. Disney music isn’t huge over here, and it’s not an “honour” to cover her because she’s mostly known as Hannah Montana and you’d get some serious shit for it like Joe mcelddery did

rock music > pop.

Katie13 said:

It’s the same in Ireland. If anyone listens to Miley Cyrus that’s over the age of 13 it’s known as weird. She’s never played on the radio, she’s only played on Disney Channel as Hannah Montana.

• Oh SNAP

WISEUP! said:

Are you a close friend of Matt? No, so you don’t really know if he’s nice or not. Calm your shit down.

• oxoemmaoxo

I like him and all. But one direction should have one.

that is so rude. i am offended.

kaylapannesi said:

—————

WANT A BET? in my school no one likes her really no one

SO WHY DON’T WE ROCK FANS JOIN FORCES AGAINST HANNAH MONTANA ALL OF US?

LET’S SEE WHO WINS THE BATTLE

• kaylapannesi

funny because i would be in that category of people, just because i like a few miley songs, and i think it is ridiculous that people always say she isnt real music, doesnt mean i dont like rock oh and ONE MORE QUESTION, if u are such a “rock” fan, what the hell are u doing on oceanup.com? 90% of the people they report on are pop stars, or young actors and actresses, that i doubt a hardcore rock fan would be interested in looking at. lol

kaylapannesi said:

——————

ONE MORE THING WHY DON’T YOU CHECK METALLICA, BON JOVI, THE BEATLES, GNR, AEROSMITH…. DISLIKES ON YOUTUBE AND THEN MILEY’S…..

BASICLLY WHAT YOU’LL SEE IS MANY DISLIKES IN MILEY AND 100 DISLIKE IN REAL GOOD MUSIC

Keep working, great job,vector conversion, I love it! I will give it to my friends.Thanks!,Now lets see if I can do something productive with it. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!,nice to be here…. thanks for share.Thanks for sharing will be sure to follow this blog regularly.digitizing software I love these stories! Keep making them!The information here is really valuable.Thanks for writing, I very much liked your newest post. I think you should post more frequently, you evidently have natural ability for blogging!stock designsJust want to say what a great blog you got here!Keep up the good work, I like your writing.Great tips and reminders as show-goers adjust budgets and schedules in this economically challenged period.

• mrsmileycyrus

about my username, i’m not a miley fan anymore so ignore that.

kaylapannesi said:

and yes you’re a fan of hannah montana

• Slash4ever

mrsmileycyrus said:

about my username, i’m not a miley fan anymore so ignore that.

now I love you even more =)

kaylapannesi said:

we can be on oceanup if we want too, just saying. LOL

• kaylapannesi

i used to like it but now i just come on here to see whats goin on

i used to like it but now i just come on here to see whats goin on

i used to like it but now i just come on here to see whats goin on

Slash4ever said:

mrsmileycyrus said:

about my username, i’m not a miley fan anymore so ignore that.

now I love you even more =)

even more yaaay =]

to be honest i think Matt is ruining is chances of becoming anything. I live in Ireland so X Factor is a big thing here and to be perfectly honest no one here really likes him. Miley Cyrus on the other hand, even old people know who she is.

• mrsmileycyrus

the pretty reckless are awsome althou the album didnt get the best reviews which i was surprised about coz it was amazing n totally stripped back.
    annoyed the track zombie wernt on it thou lol

Thanks for sharing, I found this story while searching for rock lyrics neon signs wholesale, useful comments and great points made.Keep working, great job, I love it Business Signs! Thanks!I am definitely bookmarking this page and sharing it with my friends LED neon sign.I think that is an interesting point, it made me think a bit. Thanks for sparking my thinking cap LED Signs. Sometimes I get so much in a rut that I just feel like a record. I will return to check on upcoming articles.

i clicked on it coz i happen to like matt thank you very much. he was like the only ever x factor contestant to ever have any substance althou olly murs is my guilty pleasure

• blingbling

BLINGBLING BACK

lolz at all of u who thinks miley has talent haha

if you look a little deeper than mainstream stuff you would know that but ur all too brainwashed to even consider anything that wernt made by a computer

she cant act sing or dance and if u think she can i can give u a list of films tv show music etc that will show you there is a big wide world out there besides miley and justin beiber

heres 3 tv shows

the inbetweeners
    Dexter
    The Walking Dead

now go watch them and next time you watch the last song or hannah montanna youll be laughing going omg and i thought she was talented
    and i can give you a list thats sooo much longer than that

• BangThatDrum

Matt who? XD

btw they are grown up programmes so i dont expect you 12 year olds to watch them

the inbetweeners n dexter are 18s so uve been warned