Taylor Momsen, ‘I’m A Legal Adult’

Taylor Momsen KERRANG Magazine excerpts: You’re 17, do your parents have to go on tour with you? ‘No, I’m a legal adult. Whatever that means! (Laughs) I graduated high school two years early, so I’m responsible for myself under some weird New York state law.’

Who were your musical heroes when you were growing up? ‘The Beatles and a lot of the classics. I played a lot of old records growing up. Stuff like Bob Dylan.. I grew up listening to a lot of old vinyl and then my dad would record them onto cassette tapes for me, I was about 10 when I got my first CD player.’

What are your ambitions now? ‘I want to make great records. I want to write great songs. I want to do this for the rest of my life. I want to make records for the rest of my life and have each one better than the last, and making myself better at what I do. I’m my own harshest critic, I’m always telling myself I’m shit, it’s the only way to get better and better. I’m a perfectionist so is Ben and our producer Kato [Khandwala] who I wrote the record with.’

Best rumor you’ve heard about yourself? ‘There have been some fairly repetitive ones like ‘Her eyes are as black as her soul’ and ‘She worships the Devil’. One gossip magazine even interviewed a girl who claimed to have gone to school with me and she was like, ‘I saw her house and she has an altar to Satan in her closet’ (laughs). A lot of people try and make out like I’m this crazy psycho, but I’m, like, ‘Where are you getting this from? I have never met you’.’

• paperheartsx3x3

WOW, WELL THEN MAYBE SHE SHOULD START ACTING LIKE ONE?

FORMSPRING ME

• Peace’n’Love

OCEAN UP ISDEAD!!!!

• blackswan

Legal adult? So that means though she’s a minor she can buy smokes and vote and everything? Doubt it… maybe she can travel without her mommy, but that doesn’t make her a “legal adult.”
    —————————————
    maybe she cannot vote, but that’s not what the law entails. if a minor can prove they can provide for themselves and don’t need parental guidance, they can be considered an emancipated minor, and therefore able to handle themselves. graduating high school early can definitely show ability to handle one’s self. each case varies, but clearly she’s been able to prove she can look after herself if she’s considered a legal adult.

and I’d like to know how anybody knows 100% for sure if Taylor knows 10 Beatles songs or not. it is very possible that she does actually like the Beatles, and that’s why she said that she likes them. shocking, I know -_____- I don’t know why people just HAVE to say horrible things about others for no reason. you don’t like Taylor, fine, but there’s no need to be a whiny bitch about it.
    and by the way, if you actually did listen to her music, you’d know that it isn’t anywhere close to pop. it is rock. but people are just stupid and judgemental -____-

• Peace’n’Love
  • HELLO
  • HailieMathers

Umm maybe she’s emancipated.

Jersey Shore DISNEY VERSION!

• NewKindofCool

girl’s doing her thing. I got mad respect for that at least.

some of you on here need to read the last paragraph. and then read it again and again until you finally get it. but most of you probably won’t ever get it because you want OMGdrama!111

• partyindabaham

Question: why the hell will Emma Roberts be on the cover of Seventeen magazine?

• Opa locka Locksmith

Hey nice post i have ever seen.Keep bloging and sharing new ideas.

• Plantation locksmith

Thanks for sharing new thoughts and ideas.Waiting for new post to get more things to read on different topics.
    Margate locksmiths
    jupiter locksmiths
    Norwalk Locksmiths
    Bridgeport locksmiths
    Bayonne Locksmiths
    Nashville Locksmiths
    Wellington Locksmiths
    Plantation locksmiths
    Opa locka Locksmiths

• Peace’n’Love

Jersey Shore DISNEY VERSION
    ===========
    imagine if miley and demi could start thier own reality show

WOAH,
    she’s graduated college at 15?
    I was 17 when I graduated.
    She’s a smart cookie.
    New respect for her..
    Beauty. Brains. and Talent!
    I still wish she’d make that raccoon make up go away!

Every1 should switch to anythingdisney!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• rainbow3000
  • blackswan

never said I was a fan. and you’re not biased? please, you’re extremely judgemental. “rockstars don’t wear eyeliner, they look like nerds?” that’s stupid and judgemental.
    and you’ve never seen KISS, have you? Jane’s Addiction? The Cult? didn’t think so. rockstars don’t wear eyeliner my ass.. -___-

She’s such an idiot.

Jan 18, 2011 @ 08:03 pm
    J said:
    Under New York State law, she is considered to be a legal adult. like she cares about your opinion anyway
    she’s considered an adult her in Florida too at that age. In states like Louisiana, she’d still be a minor until she’s 18.

• ?laura.?

What an idiot. The Beatles invented rock music, and everyone knows who they are, so any one faking that they’re a rock star will instantly say that they like The Beatles. I bet she cant even name 10 of their songs. it annoys me when girls like her think they’re cool saying that they like the beatles. the beatles are awesome, how does she know that? she doesnt, because shes faking to like them.

her musics crap. people will forget about it in 2 years. its nothing like the beatles, the who, the eagles, guns n roses, her music is not rock, its just recycled pop crap with electrric guitars

get real momsen and shut up for once.

lmao i agree

• Lupo

I’m not sure whats up with all that barbie hair extentions and raccoon make-up either

she looks like one of those blacksonblondes skanks

Whatever you say

Taylor

ewwww can she stfu

an 18, 2011 @ 08:32 pm
    WOAH,
    she’s graduated college at 15?
    I was 17 when I graduated.
    She’s a smart cookie.
    New respect for her..
    Beauty. Brains. and Talent!
    I still wish she’d make that raccoon make up go away!
    She ain’t got no talent or beauty. Whatever floats yo boat.

I love taylor momsem so badly :)

• Rocko

• rihannoon

@black swan

i have listened to her music. it is pop. i study music terminology under one of my exam lessons for school. it is just that, pop culture. i’ve heard every song on her album, ‘light me up.’ frankly, its not rock. even the way she looks emphasizes that shes not a rockstar. she doesnt dress like a rockstar, she dresses stereotypically. real rockstars dont wear raccoon eyeliner or have long messy hair or wear nylons and boots. stereotypically, an unstereotypical rockstar they’re either ‘nerds’ with glasses, skinny with cropped hair or they usually look like leslie fiest (if theyre girls.)

ive actually met taylor as well btw, and she couldnt name 10 beatles songs on the spot. thats why i said that. and no, im not lying. they dont allow video cameras to her concerts (ask anyone) and she doesnt interact with the crowd but afterwards i heard people shouting whats your ‘favourite beatle song’? And she was like ummmmmmmmmm dont know have to go bye.

honestly shes not even close to a rockstar.

you’re just the opposite. your a fan of her, that’s why your sticking up for her. i’m not a fan or a hater, that’s why i’m not biased. kay.

• rihannoon

@black swan

honestly shes not even close to a rockstar.

• J

ok?

• iSarcasticING

BOO, YOU WHORE!

That’s why she’s so slutty…..

Love her so much <3

Jan 18, 2011 @ 08:03 pm
    J said:
    The why make a comment in the first place. Idiots…

Jan 18, 2011 @ 08:03 pm
    J said:
    And she cares about yours?? lol

• bluemonday

Love this bitch. <3

• EmmaLC

She’s awesome.

• blackswan

uhh yes, she is.

and the anon that thinks she graduated college at 15, she didn’t. she graduated high school at 15, not college.

• peacelovehearts

No Taylor, no you’re not.

• MORICETSZ

RME

RIP OCEANUP

lol

love her <3

can taylor just stfu,
    she tries to be sooo badass its soo annoying.
    and who even listens to her band anyway? HAHA. i used to love her. now she’s gross.