Nick Jonas Hairspray @ Hollywood Bowl

hujlkhljh
nick-jonas-wicked-81

Nick Jonas will star in Hairspray at Hollywood Bowl this summer. Drew Carey, John Stamos, Darlene Love, Harvey Fierstein, Marissa Jaret Winokur & Corbin Bleu will costar. Musical will run Aug. 5-7. Nick will play heartthrob Link Larkin.

• Julia

Darren Criss would be anamazing everything ;)

What happened to his plans for NYC broadway? :(

Maybe he’ll do NYC Broadway this summer.. You never know with Nick.

OMJ !!! YAY!

The play is in August, Nick can still go to NYC to do some Broadway there, plus Sam Barks is going to NYC soon.

Nick said in previous interviews he loves NYC and broadway and you never know when he’ll be back. who knows he could surprise us like with les mis!

• Voice of reason

Though, to be particularly biased… Darren Criss would’ve made an amazing Link. (;

namantha is over its all about nelta

The girl opposite him is 38 lol

namantha is over its all about nelta

Nick loves recycling his exes don’t be too sure about that!

Theres no Nelta or Namantha! Hes still dating that girl in the NY/NJ area!

Theres no Nelta or Namantha! Hes still dating that girl in the NY/NJ area!

Girl, please..

HAHAHAHA

NIck is not dating som chick in ny what a loser

nickjonas

Hey everyone! I am so excited to play Link Larkin in Hairspray at the Hollywood Bowl in August. Who’s gonna come? 5 minutes ago via Twittelator

Creepy.. He’s watching us…

interesting how nick’s kept his name in the media for the past week and a half with Delta, his charity appearance, new house and now this. i’m beginning to wonder

Nick doesn’t haVe the PERSONALITY for Hairspray. HE is no Zac

• Voice of reason

Nick doesn’t haVe the PERSONALITY for Hairspray. HE is no Zac

Don’t shoot him down so quicky, when you haven’t even seen his portrayal. Don’t be so fast to judge, you may end up being pleasantly surprised.

Nick doesn’t haVe the PERSONALITY for Hairspray. HE is no Zac

i know what your saying. Nick is just so blah and stiff.. No hater on Nick, but Zac is amazing and he was so full of personality and he could dance. Nick is too stick too dance, lol

That pissed me off. I thought he was coming here to NY. And… Hairspray? Wtf? Whatever. He’s an idiot.

Nick dancing, omg the thought of that makes me laugh. This will be the most boring Hair Spray ever. Just NO.

has you guys ever seen nick dance? LMFAO. dude’s movements reminds me of woody from toy story

• Malak

Does he know that he has to kiss a 38 year old, dance, and say dick ? I Know He’s just a guy and he said a word no big deal but it’s nick :P and nick is nick Lo0ol But i think he gunna look SEXAY ;) can’t wait :D

lol the ‘jonas brothers’ are never coming back

May 24, 2011 @ 10:47 am

——————

So much rage OMG

Agree this is more for someone like Joe than Nick. But with Nick’s ability to focus and work hard, he’ll get the dancing down. Do worry that the critics are going to be gunning for him. They were pretty mean about Les Mis.

• oceanUP

LOL

• thedarksunshine

Nick really seems to be good at the musical/Broadway thing. I think he should go for it.
    I didn’t think he’d be good in Les Miz and he was way better than I suspected. He’ll do good. ^.^

OMJ!!!!!!!!!!!! Nick is the best!!

I love the movie, and Nick will be Link!! I can’t wait to see it!!!

AND HATERS SHUT UP!!!

Nick has more Broadway and acting experience than Joe has. He’ll be fine.

Hope Nick does not fail at this role. Samantha was very protective over him and would never let anyone say a bad thing against NIck. Saw her last week when she was at an awards ceremony and she was asked about NIck, like the professional she is, she said lovely things about him and Le Mis. Sam is not going to NYC yet, she is going to LA , late June. My daughter is a huge fan of hers, so we do follow her. We have met her and she is so beautiful and so talented.

That’s sweet. I remember she got really defensive over him on Twitter when this one guy who was complimenting her and bashing Nick.

I really thought he was going to do Wicked in NYC or at least some show in New York. Wonder what happened.

• Peace’n’Love

*******
    *imagines Nick singing defying gravity*

So I guess there will be no musical romance this time around seeing as the cast is older.

• Lilly

I’ll seen Hairspray on Broadway and I’ve always seen Link Larkin as very Elvis Presley-ish. Something that I always felt Zac was a bit lacking in but maybe it’s because they pull “It Takes Two” from the movie. Anyways my point is, if Nick can channel a young Elvis, he should be fine

I just can’t imagine Nick dancing.

• Lilly

Peace’n’Love said:

*******
    *imagines Nick singing defying gravity*
    Nick was gonna play Elphaba? ;)

I think Nick will do great if he learns to be a little more loose

• Lilly

I just can’t imagine Nick dancing.
    Actually only 2-3 number have him dancing, his one solo song all he does is sway with teh guitar so it won’t be too bad

I do see Nick as a Marius Pontmercy (serious, loverboy) more than a Link Larkin (swav, ladiesman, flirt). But we’ll see.

Nick is going to be INCREDIBLE in Hairspray. And he CAN dance…he has rhythm. It’s funny how he claims he can’t dance. I’ve seen him dancing on stage, especially to Burning Up.

Oh, and nice job on the pic OceanUP. Way to pick a photo of Nick when he was tired. Why wouldn’t you post the photo V-man Magazine took of him with his hair slicked back 50′s style. I swear whoever runs OceanUp is purposely trying to make fans dislike him.

Oh God, Nick as Link Larkin. Swoon!

But still, for someone with little dancing capability those few dance numbers are going to be hard for him to learn.

• Voice of reason

Seriously, though the both of them are related and fully relevant in each others lives. Why would you even draw that kind of conclusion that Nick would try or even attempt to steal his older brother’s spotlight.

I just.. I can’t even fathom.

I just.. I can’t even fathom.

Brothers are always competitive so I guess that’s why people thikn that

• gears

Nick will play heartthrob Link Larkin.
    ______

I guess whoever cast him didn’t notice his HORRIBLE ACTING SKILLS.. The critics will have him for lunch lol

-.-

• Voice of reason

Brothers are always competitive so I guess that’s why people thikn that

I guess, but it still shouldn’t give him any inclination to have an ulterior motive.

Your comments always make me think of Inception

• Voice of reason

Your comments always make me think of Inception

That’s kind of odd. Why?

That’s kind of odd. Why?

i dont know lol

• Voice of reason

VORception.

I dont think Nick can pull it off…..
    we’ll see

Nick doesn’t haVe the PERSONALITY for Hairspray. HE is no Zac

Right I agree

I’m proud of Nick for wanting to challenge himself and try new things. For everyone complaining about how Nick can’t dance or act, maybe the reason he decided to take on this role was because it would give him a chance to learn to be more comfortable doing those things.

If he did the same things professionally or sounded the same with his music all the time, he’d never grow as an artist and he knows that. He should be applauded for taking chances and growing instead of trying to continue to ride success out on one sound like some artists do.

• MarianaMiller

He made a great Job in Less Miserables, Can’t wait for this.

So this is probably the reason why Nick bought that place in LA.

——————————-

Exactly.
    Plus, you guys can’t say he sucks at dancing or that he can’t be loose or anything like that, because nobody has never seen him dance in a way he is told to.
    I honestly will think he will do GREAT.
    Nick IS the BOMB.com

I’m a fan of Nick and I think he’s going to do a great job SINGING but…really? this kid DON’T DANCE

• Lilly

I’m interested to see Drew Carrey as Mrs. Turnblad.
    Harvey Fierstein will probably reprise his role as Edna, Drew Carrey will probably play the dad

Someone better get video. Nick as link is my dream. Maybe cambio will be there and get us clips. Why do I have to live on the east coast… Proud of you nick…

Actually Nick didn’t get all bad reviews in Les Mis. It was a mixture. Most of the reviews that were “bad” compared him to Michael Ball. Anyone who took on the role of Marius would have been compared to MIchael Ball.

He was on pitch and did a tremendous job as Marius. He was the youngest actor (by almost 8 years) to ever take on that role in one of Cameron McIntosh’s productions.

• jonascontrolme

AWESOME , i can’t wait

Oops my bad. I thought I read somewhere that Drew was going to play Edna. Nevermind haha.

Why does everyone say Nick can’t dance? He can dance. Go to one of his concerts, he can move right with the music. He just said he doesn’t “like to dance”. With a little training I’m sure he’ll be fine.

We never got any videos of Nick in Les Mis, just audio. Hopefully we will get some from Hairspray.

Okay Nick, you can dance.

• Lilly

I can’t blame them, Micheal Ball is AMAZING. His version “Empty Chairs at Empty Tables” blows my sock off every time I listen to it

• Lilly

That would be weird if he decided to take on a different role but it could be possible. I didn’t read anything, I just figure since he made that role famous he would play it again

• Lilly

John Stamos will probably play Corny Collins, Corbin Bleu will play Seaweed, and Darlene Love will play Maybelle

No I just read the link that OU gave above and he is playing Mr.Turnblad. You’re good. I was kind of hoping for him to play Edna though seeing as that would be so different for Drew and it would be nice to see a sense of humor from him.

• Lilly

LOL I didn’t know OU had posted a link, now I feel stupid. Yeah, I could see him doing drag but Idk how well he could do Edna’s singing voice.

• NaOH

Aww Good for Nicky. You’re gonna have to learn how to shake those hips, Nick J. Thrust that Pelvis babe! Also you’re gonna have to grow those curls out so I can style them. Awww baby I’m so happy for you kitten!

Xoxoxoxoxox

• foreverdevv

Lemme guess. Dead?

CAN’T
    DANCE
    SORRY
    ________

I love that Kevin just stood there with his air guitar, and Joe pulled out some pop/locking shit.. actually, i love the way Joe looks into the camera. was the hottest thing I’ve seen in a while!

• Bella

yaaaaay…so happy for him!

This little asshole is trying to steal Joe’s thunder AGAIN? Ugh. RME. Just can’t get enough attention, can you?? Desperate son of a gun

Nick keeps on getting his own projects cause he knows the jonas brothers are dunzo.

ahhh he’s gonna have to dance? this dudes movements remind me of woody from toy story!

Nick has become such a huge attention whore lately. I can believe I used to adore him

LVATT was bad cause there was so much more Nick than than their previous albums. Nick killed the jonas brothers.

It’s not his fault that he always does it, it comes naturally. Nick was born to be a star.

Nick used to be so hot in 2008 and 2009 what happened to him?

LOL The pic, he looks like inspecto gadget. Why that pic oceanup?

Poor Nick taking ever little job just to stay relevant.

So this means Nick will have to grow out his hair.

I was such a Nick stan, now this dude just repulses me, lol

LOL he does look like inspector gadget! good call

——————————————————

lol

WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF FACE IS THAT NICK? OPEN YOUR EYE

• Voice of reason

OMG, I know right?
    How dare he have the audacity to live his dreams?!

The nerve of some people.

Joe has charm and personality, they should of cast Joe. Nick is just dry boring Nick.

May 24, 2011 @ 11:02 am

WHAT THE FUCK KIND OF FACE IS THAT NICK? OPEN YOUR EYE

He’s winking at the camera.

• Voice of reason

You people are atrocious.

lol some of the comments

Voice of reason said:

OMG, I know right?
    How dare he have the audacity to live his dreams?

The nerve of some people.
    ————————–

……….. *crickets*

NICK CAN’T STAND WHEN JOE GETS THE ATTENTION, ARGHH.

Nick has the personality of a dead rat, lmao

Voice of reason said:

You people are atrocious.
    ______

And you’re kind of annoying and pretentious, but you don’t hear me complaining. Some of these people are obviously trolls.

NICK CAN’T STAND WHEN JOE GETS THE ATTENTION, ARGHH.

k

Nick will play heartthrob Link Larkin.
    ______

Link Larkin is JOE. Link is charming, sexy, flirty, HE CAN DANCE, and he has a PERSONALITY. Nick IS NONE OF THAT.

• briannabieber

Who’s gonna come. ;)

Link ?? omigosh, COWLICK, the lil adorable curl , nick has CUTE ADORABLE CURLS. HE’LL MAKE A PERFECT LINK…i think .

Yay! Can’t wait!

WOW ZAC DID AMAZING INT HE MOVIE I KNOW NICK WILL TOO

WOW ZAC DID AMAZING INT HE MOVIE I KNOW NICK WILL TOO

What happened to his plans for NYC broadway? :(

• Voice of reason

Aw, good for you Nicholas.

HOLLY COW. :|

He’ll be a wonderful Link :)

didnt nick say he’d be back in NYC this summer? i thought it was for broadway

Heck yes…Ofcourse Nick is the Heartthrob…because he really is one

I hope they come out with a dvd for this too

• ljs1202

He will do such a great job! What a resume he’s building!

• vickygmz

OMG, Hottest Link after Zac lol. Well, its a tie.

• vickygmz

OMG, Hottest Link after Zac lol. Well, its a tie.

He’s Nick freakin’ Jonas, what can’t he do?

Nick’s the boss. So happy for him, and I will be purchasing my tickets for sure.

• Lilly

I’m glad they invited Marissa Jaret Winokur back to play her role. I’m surprise Matthew Morrison didn’t jump to do the role since it seems like he’s trying to launch a singing career

Bummed I cannot get to Cali to see him perform Live. But i have tickets for when he headlines Musikfest in PA! Love me some Nick J!

• Lilly

He’ll probably have to practice a lot but I’m sure he’ll do fine. Plus if he messes up, it’s a big group number so it won’t completely ruin the show.

I’m interested to see Drew Carrey as Mrs. Turnblad.

I wish I lived in la to see this. Nick is going to do great, I see him in this role, just a little worried about the dancing. I am going to see hairspray in July, too bad it is at a small theAtre, my dream is to see nick in a musical.

Shut up haters. Nick Jonas is special. You watch. He will def WOW you with this role. Joe and Nick will both do well. :)

nick jonas can’t dance. beautiful voice for Broadway, but… they should really keep him behind the scenes because he’s got nothing else going for him

Nick DENIED say F-CK WHEN HE REALLY DID, HOW THE HELL IS HE GOING TO CURSE? BAD CASTING. ugh

• Peace’n’Love

hi?

Nick can’t dance and has no personality. He’s just uptight, and thats coming from someone who like Nick.

Why aree you all so mad at him??????

uhh have you all ever seen nick dance? so awkward on stage haha. dude’s movements remind me of woody from toy story

Nick dances as well as Selena does and thats NOT a compliment. rofl

NICK WILL FOREVER RUIN HAIRSPRAY. Pfffffffffft

Are you guys still mad because of Delta?

have you guys ever seen him dance? omg.. its so awkward. dudes movements remind me of woody from toy story!

Nick is amazing!!!

You’ll see! NICK CAN DANCE!!!
    You are wrong!!!

i really don’t want him to get bad reviews again. that would make me sad. but in all honesty, the role of link is probably not right for him.

• Voice of reason

Out of all the three boys I always felt like Nick had the most potential, and then seeing him play Marius, I knew I was right.

So, I’m happy for the guy. He obviously enjoys acting and he definitely is not terrible at it.
    But, I still see Darren as Link, and that’s not going to change anytime soon, that is unless – Nick J knocks the role out of the park.

May 24, 2011 @ 11:12 am

——————————-

lol k

• tessaskylar

K well…whatever. Good luck to you Nick, but couldn’t you at least come up with something minorly relevant? this is coming from a fan!

• Voice of reason

You people are atrocious.
    ______

I’m not certain that I know what to reply to this with, so… here’s a gif.

Enjoy.

Joe hoes here’s the latest on Joe’s single

Joe: The song is about a relationship ending that you’re trying to get over, but at the same time you’ve got mixed feelings of how you’re just fighting everything of seeing that person whether it is a box of clothes that are hers, or if it’s just something in your mind that brings you back to that moment. You’re trying, you don’t wanna see any more. It sounds like a sad song, but it carries a cool beat to it.

i guess we are the only one that read the bad reviews of him in Les Mis.

SO YOU GUYS ARE HATING ON NICK BECUASE HE WAS OFFERED A SPOT ON A PLAY? WELL SORRY IF HES GOOD AT WHAT HE DOES.
    AND NOTICE IT IS IN AUG! thats months a way freaking chill.

• gears

Can’t wait to see him playing this role. I now he will be good :) he always is. And, he is not stealing joe’s momment. -.- you can support both of them.

• gears

he is only 18 for god’s sake. -.- Give him a fucking chance to show himself as an actor…and to learn. Nobody is sayin he is fucking Michael ball. -.-

• mellow

Bad casting choice.

• CuTeMuSic

uhm…. we’ll see

why can’t they just hire ACTUAL broadway professionals instead of packing the play with celebs to lure people in and make money. i like nick and corbin and all the other people but i think its annoying.

hairspray is one of my fave shows…they already messed it up with that mediocre movie, and now this…

people who are saying that this role is better for joe are CRAZY! have you guys seen joe’s dancing? he looks like a buffoon! watch that “Start the party” scene and camp rock and try not to laugh.

nicks dance moves are alright actually, and he can sing well when hes not straining his voice. i dont know if he’ll be able to pull off the “Sexy” vibe but who knows?