Demi, ‘I Had Suicidal Thoughts At Age 7′

ddemisj

LONGER interview under! Demi revealed to E! News: ‘I wasn’t going to continue to be alive if I continued to treat my body the way I was.. It’s a daily journey and it’s definitely going to be a struggle that I’ll have to deal with for the rest of my life. Sometimes I think, ‘Why couldn’t I have been normal?’

..I’m not going to be perfect, but.. if I can make it through the day, that’s all that matters.’ Her voice was weaker because she was ‘ruining it by damaging it after every meal,’ and then rerecorded ‘Skyscraper’ after undergoing treatment. ‘It just didn’t feel the same, so we kept the original one. For me it was, so symbolic..

It being the song I recorded before treatment & yet it was providing a message. It’s so crazy the way things played out, that it ended up being my symbol and it represented what I am trying to spread the word about, getting help and rising above any issues that [I and] my fans are dealing with. When I sang it for the first time I year I just pouring tears in the studio. I was doubled over, just in pain.

I remember thinking, This is kind of my cry for help back then, because I hadn’t spoken to anyone about these issues and I hadn’t gotten the help that I needed.’ Skyscraper video features Demi standing in the desert, dressed all in white, her makeup subtle and her feet mostly bare.

‘There were so many things that represented my addictions and eating disorders and self-harm. When I’m unraveling this black fabric, It was the toxicity took over my mind for so long, that oozed out of every pore that I had..

Because I was suffering inside.. I’m taking it off and walking on broken glass & powering through it. That video was an emotional release for me, like therapy.. I kept crying, I was so emotionally invested.. & That’s when I realized, that’s what music videos are all about.’

• AcidPinkLemonade

Uh…age 7?
    I find that hard to believe. Is it possible?

Wtf why would you ever share that to the public? I think that’s something personal. I like Demi and her new song but now I’m starting to thing she’s using her problems(that should be kept between herself and her family, not the media) for publicity since she was a flop after Camp Rock.

*think

foundation?

• Husky

This was a great interview.

• dilemma

WHAT ? now that’s a bit too much -_-
    age 7 ?

• Vanessa

Oh my god!!!

i agree. think about it really i mean i am sure she had some problems BUT before she was unheard of and now she is on the radio and getting noticed i’m not saying she is lying i’m just saying SUSPICIOUS

• SmellsLikeTeenSpirt

She’s really just seems to be talking a little TOO openly about all of this shit :/ Kinda suspicious if you ask me..

GOOSH I LOVE THIS GIRL! :o <3 can’t wait for the video!

• evanescence

SmellsLikeTeenSpirt said:

Where’s ur old icon? :O

never do that Demi NEVER CUZ U ARE AWESOME AND WE DON’T WANT TO LOSE U

LOL in the radio interview she didn’t hah

Demi’s skin is perfect. I wonder what she uses.

• harrypotterbitches

flawless girrlll (: i loveee her <3

sayhellotogoodbye said:
    So strong. Such an inspiration. How can anyone hate Demi? Seriously, I don’t understand it. She has been through so much and yet here she is standing in front of us, proving to every teenager out there who is suffering, that recovery IS possible.. Yet people still hate her?!
    I will never understand the society that we live in.

you’re an idiot.
    i’d rather love li lo than demi at least she isn’t using her personal problems for PR

• Demiandmileylove

i’m sorry i don’t wanna be rude , nut i’m so tired of all that i mean is to much ! why she always speak about it , let it go , make a new life is difficult i know it but if you don’t pass the page you’ll never be stronger

Uehmm.. that will be for a while because what she had was a big deal but the intervieuwers ASK HER ! she doesn’t start about it !

• evanescence

you’re an idiot.

He isnt an idiot to start with. She’s helping her fans, get with it.

• Demiandmileylove

I thought in the radio intervieuw she didn’t ever had suicidal thoughts ?

• omg wtf lolz

Jul 13, 2011 @ 11:16 am
    SmellsLikeTeenSpirt said:

OMFG my thought exactly! Like I know it was a hard time and stuff but repeating it doesn’t really do anything. We get it she struggled but there are far worse cases out there than Demi.

She’s just pushing it by continuing to mention it in interviews.

goddamn! enough with this! im so tired! she is always talking about negative shit, all the time! and i dont really know if i should believe she is done with her bulimia/anorexia or whatever she had, she seems to be obsessed with that topic still, i think its great that she talks to people about not wanting to be size 0, but thats all she talks about, yeah whatever if you have gone through a lot of crap and shit this is the planet earth and everyone does, everyone! i have too, i attempted suicide when i was 15, i felt ugly and worthless and shit my whole life, i live in a small farm-like town in sweden, its a cold and lonely country in europe and i dont really have friends and stuff, but it makes you stronger and you just move on! it doesnt affect me at this point of my life and im 17.. big deal, also, i see a lot of girls trying to act or behave like a sick person because ”its cool to be crazy” ..so pathetic! and i say this because i have seen a girl in a blog that said she wanted to be like ”cassie” in skins, she was an anorexic and stuff, little girl doesnt know shes playing with fire and might get burnt! and like that there are millions of them all over the world

• Demiandmileylove

She’s just pushing it by continuing to mention it in interviews

-giggles- have you watched that intervieuw good ? Rayn asked about it ! and that will happen more !

• Demiandmileylove

Demi : Music is my boyfriend *laughs a bit*
    Ryan : Well we know now she has a boyfriend !

Favorite part XD

People are only saying it’s good out of pity.

She’s just pushing it by continuing to mention it in interviews

if you dont like listening to it then why watch it? you know shes gonna talk about it so dont watch it. and thats exactly why shes talking about it…cause theres more out there, shes giving everyone the advice to seek help. stop trying to find ways to be a H4T3R, it wont make you any cooler in life.

• Cassie

That’s what I’ve been thinking too .. Even though I love Demi and I am proud of her she just said that she didn’t have suicidal thoughts and now she’s saying she did . Also , if people knew she was struggling with all this , why did they wait until now to help her ?

• HannahLovatic

How is it suspicious? I’m not being mean I’m just saying that shes taliking about it because she wants other girls and guys that are going trough it that they can get help and to know her story.

Jul 13, 2011 @ 11:25 am
    Demiandmileylove said:
    I thought in the radio intervieuw she didn’t ever had suicidal thoughts ?

====

Ryan asking about the suicidal thought on waht hapened last year when she check in if she has suicidal thougth at that moment. she said no. But when she was seven shehas coz thats the time when the bullying started.

She’s not done with it and she will never be done with it. She will struggle with her eating disorders and bipolar disease for the rest of her life. And it’s because of idiots like you and all of the others who hate on people who have sought out treatment that people like Demi have to go through stuff like treatment. My father is a coward who won’t seek out treatment for his alcoholism and my family is suffering because of it. Don’t criticize people who have made steps to help themselves by working on their issues. Be sorry for the people who are to cowardly to admit they have an issue and bring everyone around them down with them. Don’t talk shit about Demi I respect her and wish I could have someone that strong in my life.

these disney girls should stick into making tv for children and stop talking about these things! they help but they also can give wrong ideas on some girls that dont feel good with themselvs

———————————-

Then don’t come on her page

Having suicidal thoughts isn’t the same thing as being suicidal, which is why Demi says she was never actually suicidal.

sometimes its easier just talking about it, the more she talks about it, the better she feels. she wants to have her story heard, so she can help people, nothing more.

seriously shes talking about it because others have these problems too and she wanna help them… she really helped other people.. I know a lot people who became stronger because of demi and demi said if she can rescue one person from killing herself then she reached something ? I’m proud of her

• abiiiii

She is truly incredible! i adore her and her music and wish her all the best, she is amazing to us fans and she inspires me beyond belief, i cant wait until the full record, stay strong demi <3

the thing is evryone is acting like she is a hero truth is have u ever seen her have really deep cuts on her wrists or scars? There r people who go through way more trouble the Demi- and they dont have the money to stay home and lay there feet up 4 the rest of their lifes. If she could she could have anything she wants and how can u not notice that u are bipolar. People and herself are totally acting out i know people who have been in treatment 4 years were beaten by their parents and almost killed themself with cutting. She should look around her and face that her life is anyones dream and that she gets more love then most of people get in their whole life. Im only wishing her the best but she really isnt the only one or the 1 one to stand up brave and do something.

• HannahLovatic

I love demi and everyone saying that they’re tired of hearing needs to just not pay attention to it. Her story has helped me a lot cause i’ve gone through some tough shit and I used to be a cutter for 4 years and I stopped right before she went into treatment. And her storry has made me feel and be 20 times stronger. So if you don’t respect her and her story or your tired of her speaking openly about it because shes happy where she is in her life now then dont listen to it and dont pay attention to it.

Simple as that.

cxzxbv

• Trainups

Some of you are silly. Obviously you never came in contact with someone who have had this problem. It is a life long problem. Just because Demi went to the Treatment center doesn’t mean she is magically cured. She still have to cope with it forever.
    She is open about it unlike a lot of celebs in Hollywood or regular people who act like they are perfect.
    1) Demi said she never attempted suicide. She had “dark thoughts” BUT she never did anything to actually kill herself.
    2) Yes she said Joe was there in the beginning years but last year I very much doubt because she side stepped that question very well by saying “I had many. many friends who was there for me….
    Demi have never bad mouthed Joe or his family so people need to get over that.
    The girl is trying to help others in Hollywood (who are hiding) and regular people.
    Kudos to her for not minding people looking at her funny because of her “issues”. You think High School is bad , imagine Hollywood.

• SpreadYourWingsAndFlyAway

I think it’s a bit ridiculous that she didn’t write Skyscraper, but other than that, it’s a good song.
    And the interview is very intimate, imagine how she felt sharing all that.

Wow she gained so much weight. She has like 3 chins. =/

You’re such an insensitive jerk.

wow the majority of comments are really mean. there’s no reason to be. if you think she’s being really negative and needs to let it go or whatever, get off her page. she’s trying to help others who are in the same position she was in. and yes she is definitely going to be getting a LOT of publicity for it. i think it’s better of her to be really honest about what she went through instead of sugarcoating rehab and the really dark things she had to overcome. If she wasn’t being really open about what she went through, people would have a problem with that as well. Let’s just be real..You can never win in this business.

She speaks about it bc she is trying to create awareness. She may have not had the worst possible case, but she still had it and the important part is that she over came it bc she wouldnt be speaking abt it if she were dead. And a lot of ppl in the same situation find her words inspiring to try to fix their disease. And I don’t think she’s overly speaking about it. Keep in mind that most places ASK her to do interviews.

i love her skyscraper song. its so inspirational. You guys should all check out the music video i made

• -Jenii

SmellsLikeTeenSpirt said:

____
    Agree.. I understand she been though alot , but she’s kinda overdoing it and her story does change.

• OhMy…

She has like the whole year changing the story.

First she learnt that she shouldn’t talk about personal stuff in public, now she wont shut up.
    She made everyone believe it was Joe’s fault this whole thing and unfollowed him, now he was there for her and she followed him back.
    Yesterday, she never thought about suicide, today she remembers she actually did at SEVEN?
    She stopped cutting thanks to her fans support… what were her fans doing when she used to cut?

I wonder.. what will she come up with for the rest of her albums??

I understand her.. a lot, really. But when you’ve gone through things like that.. you don’t like to talk about it, like ALWAYS. I mean, it’s okay if she wanna be an example for others, but sometimes.. it’s just too much..

• My_Bench_Stupid_Hobo

The reason she said she didnt think about suicide yesterday is because Ryan asked about the cutting, and asked of she was trying to commit suicide by cutting, she said no because she wasnt tring to kill herself by cutting. she said she had suicidal thoughts when she was 7 because she had thought about it when she was 7, that was before the cutting, and she wasnt thinking of suicide when cutting.

also she talks about it because thats part of therapy, and because she wants to help others… and lets face it, as soon as she went to treatment we all knew withen a week. obviously the media is going to ask her about it, so why not inspire others to get help?

gosh you dumbass haters need to just shut the fuck up or dont follow her fucking life… or hey maybe get a fucking life yourself!

• AcidPinkLemonade

OhMy… said:

She has like the whole year changing the story.

I wonder.. what will she come up with for the rest of her albums??
    ————————————
    You have a point….

how can you say that about ANYONE? no one should kill themselves. NO ONE should wish for ANYONE to die either. i cannot stand seeing people wishing for others to die. and saying it on the internet..that just makes you a coward. i’m sorry if you said that because you had a bad day and i’m not trying to take it out only you. it’s a lot of nasty comments like that that are just so unnecessary.

• ItsLewLew

SO proud of Demi! she has come so far!

Great deals at DailyUpdate.com

Cassie said:

Obviously she had suicidal thoughts, why else was she cutting herself? she probably meant she never really intentionally wanted to cut herself to kill, but she did think about it.

• OhMy…

The point it, sweetheart, that yesterday she said she never did and now she’s saying she did. When you cut yourself, you do it to hurt you not no kill you.

demi should kill herself for having those thoughts

OhMy… said:

Exactly sweetheart. She NEVER said she didn’t cut herself. Ryan asked her if she ever wanted to kill herself, she said no.

Seriously?!?! Stop it demi. didnt she just do a tell all with that robyn lad and on twitter. im tired of of it and people pitting her. she obviously didnt get help in rehab and needs to go back!

I love her and I love how strong she is.

FUCK YOU ALL HATERS.

____
    ______
    Ditto. I felt so sorry for her, but it just seems like she just wants people to feel sorry for her now. Just stop demeitria

I blame her mom. Kids at that age should be having fun playing in the park etc. but she was on Barney! Her mom is a stage mom. She probably is worse as the moms from toddlers and tiaras

I totally agree. Thats pretty messed up

The people who are saying “OHH IM SOO TIRED OF HER TALKIN NEGATIVE!” need to shut their mouths and open thier eyes and realize THEY ASK HER THOSE QUESTIONS! She has to answers them!!! Its part of Hollywood! And its inspiration! she probably helped tons of little girls across america with this!! SO YOU NEED TO STOP BEING SUCHA HIPOKRIT AND LISTEN! It’ll teach you something in life! If you dont like her WHY ARE YOU HERE!?!? U MAD??

You’ve clearly never had depression and addiction issues.

She’s trying to be strong about it and show others that they can be strong too. It’s hard enough going through something like this by yourself, let alone under the spotlight. After so many years I have friend who have opened up to me about this, and are seeking help, thanks to the encouragement Demi has shown. So please don’t downplay this. She’s extraodinary for doing what she has been doing, and I don’t think that this is something to just “get over”. She’s been struggling through this for almost 12 years. That’s not something to just get over. Don’t play it up as something like that. What you did say is slightly rude, especially to those people going through it, and for those who have friends going through it. Think more about if you were in their position, and put yourself in their shoes.

it’s part of her and who she is. She does it for her fans, and those who are going through the same things she has gone through. In a way it is to help others deal with the same issues. Their dark issues that will always stay with her, and she does it to support others. And to let her fans know it will be okay. Thank you Demi

• SELENATOR

UHHH SHE TALKSS ABOUT IT ALOT BECAUSE SHE WANTS TO INSPIRE PEOPLE WITH HER STORY!!!! DUHHH

It’s hard to let go of something that completely changed your life. Something like depression CAN come back. The fear of depression coming back is horrifying. I know from personal experience. Speaking about this issue helps her get her side of the story out and it helps her fans who are dealing with a similar situation as well. Overall: It’s easier said than done.
    She DID “pass the page” by speaking about it and giving her fans comfort.

• sayhellotogoodbye

I will never understand the society that we live in.

____

First of all, you’re stupid.

No one is pitying* her. It’s not her fault that people want to interview her. She has a story that can help people. She has a story that can help others who are going through the same thing seek for help. No one is pitying her. They are proud of her for overcoming this. You’re just a dumb, insensitive, idiot for thinking otherwise.

At age 7 I was coloring with my crayons and dreaming of unicorns and dragons.

And who cares what yu did at 7 -.-

• evanescence

At 7 I was listening to metal songs.

• Gearsarealwaysturning

At age 7 I was coloring with my crayons and dreaming of unicorns and dragons.
    .—
    LMAO

• Husky

AcidPinkLemonade said:

Uh…age 7?
    I find that hard to believe. Is it possible?

7 year olds have committed suicide before. I’m sure if you google it you’ll get a few articles.

• SmellsLikeTeenSpirt

Jul 13, 2011 @ 11:17 am
    evanescence said:
    SmellsLikeTeenSpirt said:

Where’s ur old icon? :O
    The Kurt one? :L I kinda thought it was time for Dave to come back but now that I have,I kinda miss my old one xD I would change it but my compute has decided to break :/ :L

• Gearsarealwaysturning

AcidPinkLemonade said:
    Uh…age 7?
    I find that hard to believe. Is it possible?

YUP. I think it may have been affected by her role in barney and the fact that she was bullied in school. I’m just guessin XD

• ImNotAnnoying

Oh. My. God.

• Gearsarealwaysturning

Jul 13, 2011 @ 11:47 am

O.o

• omg wtf lolz

I’m not trying to find ways to be a ‘H4T3R’, or a hater (in correct english terms). I’m simply stating my opinion as I am entitled to it just as you were in your previous reply. No I didn’t listen to it but I was simply agreeing with what the commentor said and nothing more. Say what you want but I’m pretty sure opinions aren’t illegal. :) Peace.

• Alfalfahead

Pete Wentz just wants to nail her

She’s so fuckin’ annoying. All she ever talks about (more like whines) now is health, her problems, and the industry. And she DoES change her story. She was so unsuccessful after Camp Rock that she’s craving attention. I love how they say she’s making a comeback…what is she coming back to?she never had anything to begin with.

• AcidPinkLemonade

Husky said:

————————————–
    When I was seven, I didn’t even know what suicide was. o.O

Can I just say to all those that are saying you only think Demi is doing a good thing bc you feel bad for her is completely wrong!!!!!!! honestly I know from personal experience that being a person who cuts and has eating disorders and suicidal thoughts, and depression that it is most definitely not easy to admit you have a problem, gotten over the issues and r moving on regardless if u have gone to rehab or not. to a normal person to get that strength after so much is truely amazing and just because she is in the spot light and she has to continually repeat the issues for numerous reporters is not only showing courage but showing that she truely cares about her fans and haters.

• Anonymousjen

A lot of famous people supporting her coool

• DEMI CRAZY

DEMI = C.R.A.Z.Y.

Ummmm when does she talk about Miley and Selena?

Ummmm when does she talk about Miley and Selena?

I tryed suicide at 4 years old..

People on here are ridiculous. eating disorders are an addiction, addiction is something people battle with for the rest of their lives. if you really hate demi or whoever so much then dont watch thier videos. get a life. who the fuck are you to judge?

• lauren

ive been secretly dealing with an eating disorder for about 2 and a half years and im glad shes talking about it because i feel so alone but to hear her story to see what she went through i see that i wont be completly better but i can get better

this thing is an addiction you cant get rid of it

I think talking about these things openly helps her deal with it.

• JoeHoe15

I don’t know that that issue of Demi since childhood is really a serious one! God bless you Demi. (:

everyone needs to stop hating.

What Demi has been through has effected me personally. I had been through all that also and was trying to get through it for such a long time and finally hearing that not only somebody else was going through the same thing, but that it was one of the people i have looked up to for years was experiencing the same thing… that changed me and I’m happy now that she can talk about it publicly whereas I can’t, obviously, as I’m staying on anonymous.

Demi is amazing and brave and her new single has such a strong meaning behind it.

not.cool.

Thanks to Demi I am making a genuine effort to make a change and be happy in life, I have the same problems as her and her story inspires me to seek help (:

sad thing is that she never got skinny despite her efforts of anorexia and bullemia…

__________

what the fuck would possess you to say something like that? You, my dear, are what we call a “cruel bitch”. Have you no conscience? No filter from your brain to your fingers? That comment was completely unnecessary.

• LiTtLe MiSs PeRfEcT

god shes had a ton of issues.i feel sorry for her as shes gave up some or her childhood for disney and then she had suicidal thoughts before that.she hasnt had a chance to be a care free child.im glad she got help and telling others instead of keeping it to herself.by speaking out shes helped troubled teens.

• Missay

please who ever made the comment about demi still not being skinny due to anorexia /bulima.you clearly are a cold sick person.i had eating disorders and know others who have its more than being skinny and it can cause so much damge.so please shut up!and demis not ‘fat’ she looks fine and a better person than you will ever be.

• D-LO

ohhh please,don’t act like you know demi’s life. i agree with some people here.. this isn’t something you just get over it. And btw the people ask her about it ans she SHOULD talk. so leave your stupid comments somewhere else

Wow she gained so much weight. She has like 3 chins. =/

She said she was never suicidal. Its different to think about it and its different to actually do something about it

I thought she said she never thought about suicide.

• askashley

she speaks of it cause that’s all people ask her about. And She’s trying to help kids over comes their insecurities. Vice Versa with Nick Jonas and tha diabetes deal

**** {{w w w }} {{be tter whole saler }} {{ us }} *****
    The website whol esale for many kinds of fas hion sho es,
    like the nik e,jord an,pr ada, also including the jea ns,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations.
    All the products are free ship ping, and the the price is com petitive,
    and also can accept the pay pal pay ment.
    ,after the paym ent, can ship within short time.
    ^^^^^wanna get more details , please enter our web^^^^^^^

SmellsLikeTeenSpirt said:

Does anyone have the link to the interview where she talks about selena and miley?

I personally find it very sad that it took a celebrity going to rehab and coming out about all her problems, for some young girls around the world to seek help for themselves.

• WakaWakaEhEh

I used to think Mick Jagger was in my closet too.

• evanescence

Poor her :(

• Amanda

i love demi, i do… but she talks about this shit way to much.. its getting annoying and sorta sounds like she does it for publicity now.
    anyways the only thing that bothers me about demi lovato is that the whole time before rehab she keeps saying how depressed she was and shit but she was all saying im so happy in my skin i am happy and beautiful and now we all know it was bullshit. she was lying to all her fans the entire time… who does that?!

• Always right

__________

You are such an imbecile. If you don’t talk about your struggles and your problems then you will never get past it.

• Monster27

Poor Demi, I’m glad she is doing much better now!