Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Tops Twilight

Harry-Potter-And-The-Deathly-Hallows-Part-2-Free-Wallpaper-2

Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows Part 2 made $42.5 million at midnight screenings in the US and Canada, according to Warner Bros. The previous record was about $30 million, set in 2009 by ‘The Twilight Saga: New Moon.’ Fans lined up early on Thursday for the shows.

It will earn more than $80 million domestically by the end of Friday night. The previous record for single-day receipts was also ‘New Moon,’ at $72.7 million. It on track to break the all-time opening weekend record of $158.4 million, set by ‘The Dark Knight’ in 2008.

After opening in 26 foreign markets Wednesday & an additional 17 on Thursday, the movie took in $82.5 million internationally in two days. 39 percent higher than ‘Deathly Hallows Part 1′ generated in its first two days in same countries.

• kary_redfern

For me. Twilight (the Books) are okay, but they should have found a better cast or something. The first movie was good, but the rest…WOW…All I can say is thank God for books. And I have never gotten through a SINGLE Harry Potter book. It just isn’t my cup of tea. The closets book I ever read to HP is Witch and Wizard (which IMO is written better than HP) either than that, I’m more of a crime and mystery reader. I like books that put you to on the ed
    ————————————————————
    James Patterson is not a very good writer. He sells and teens like his stuff, but he is not a good writer. I tried reading his Max Ride books but they are boring and Max is annoying. Fang is the only redeemable character.

• ImAwesome

BEST MOVIE EVER, even though i wish it was longer…

HELLO! HARRY POTTER and twilight..

• KimKardashianKisses

who ever watch it lucky i am soo jealous…

• Gearsarealwaysturning

:B

• mags

best. movie. i. have. ever. seen.

• Everythingyournot

not the first time
    hp top tops twilight in everything

• Everythingyournot

WHATEVER!
    WAIT TILL TWILIGHT COMES OUT!
    THEN WE WILL SEE!
    MUAHAHAH

But good job Harry Potter
    ==
    we will see it get bad reviews

• Everythingyournot

best. movie. i. have. ever. seen.
    ===
    bows down to comment

• Ranii

never got the hype…

• Everythingyournot

really…have you seen the movies?

WHATEVER!
    WAIT TILL TWILIGHT COMES OUT!
    THEN WE WILL SEE!
    MUAHAHAH

But good job Harry Potter
    ==
    we will see it get bad reviews

==

ahahah next twilight def wont top this, in records or quality of film, but you can keep dreaming.
    perfect ending to an extraordinary series!

• Ranii

really…have you seen the movies?
    yes i have the first 2.

• Everythingyournot

best. movie. i. have. ever. seen.
    ==
    did u like them or no?

• Everythingyournot

oops that comment was for ranii

• Everythingyournot

perfect ending to an extraordinary series!
    ===
    A+

• Ranii

did u like them or no?
    not really.
    never really got into the twilight thing either.
    but i don’t bash it, i’m just sayin’ :)

• Everythingyournot

well ppl left me alone agian

• Everythingyournot

not really.
    never really got into the twilight thing either.
    but i don’t bash it, i’m just sayin’ :)
    ===
    oic. i dont really like twilight. i also never got why ppl like it so much

To be honest, Twilight is no match for Harry Potter.

• Everythingyournot

To be honest, Twilight is no match for Harry Potter.
    ====
    u saying twilight is better?

• peacelovehearts

Like a boss.

• ImAwesome

HARRY HARRY HARRY

• Monster27

Epic movie calls for Epic sales.. Kudos HP! :D

• picstoburn

the movie was amazing….. don’t even talk about twilight they’re horrible end of story.

• askashley

• PermanantDecemberXO

The Dark Knight makes me think of Heath Ledger… *cries* I loved him. The best Joker I’ve ever seen.

Shit, I meant to post that on the post above.

I love both and don’t understand why people compare them.

But P2 is really, really amazing. I’m gonna see it like 5 more times. xD

P.S.- Ron looks effing sexy in that movie poster.

Jul 15, 2011 @ 09:02 pm
    Monster27 said:
    I’m glad about Teennick showing 90′s stuff soon!

DETAILS??

• kary_redfern

I like twilight better but Harry potter are okay…it’s that idk why but I always fall asleep on the Harry potter….:/
    —————————–
    Twilight is for simple minds.

• Lilly

Keepitreal said:
    @lilly I Understand that but if you’r gonna compare 2 movies atleast let them have something in common. There are a lot of movies based of books so that wasn’t a solid reason to compare the 2 either.
    While the story lines are completely different, the draw the movies have are the same

• kary_redfern

And I watched it last night. All shows in town where sold out. I tried San Jose, and Campbell and they were all out.
    That was 3 weeks ago. So I had to make do with the one theater 20 minutes away.
    It was awesome. And my dearest Tom looked amazing. Rickman stole the show.

• Monster27

Monster27 said:
    I’m glad about Teennick showing 90′s stuff soon!

DETAILS??

Kenan Thompson is hosting the event. It starts July 25th @ 12-2 am! Too bad I don’t have Teennick..

• Lilly

I agree. Harry Potter is about magic. Twilight is about vampires and love. Really? Different stories. People just compare them because they are fantasy. Unless their is another moive about wizards that is big like harry potter than you can compare.
    HP is about love too, a lot of people forget that. Romantic type love is only one kinda of love. Fantasy is it own type of genre, it’s like comparing two chick flicks or action thrillers. The story line might be totally different (should be two or it would just be consider a rip off) but they aim for the same crowd. Fantasy movies and books are for people who like the idea of escaping to another world, whether that be a school of magic or a boyfriend that’s a vampire.

• Monster27

BOOKS ARE AWESOME. That is all.

• kary_redfern

————————————-
    I know there is Love in Harry Potter, but there is love in Twilight? and romance? I read the books, but all I found was a stalker and a girl who thought it was romantic. And a 17 year old who imprints on a new born. If anything the most romantic couple there were Jasper and Alice.

• Lilly

Monster27 said:
    BOOKS ARE AWESOME. That is all.
    That’s true, whatever gets people reading.

• Lilly

In some people opinions, yes. IMO yes, I agree that the relationships in Twilight are quite weird. But different strokes for different folks, right?

• Caitylinrox

Went to the midnight premiere and it wa INCREDIBLE! all time best movie ive ever seen by far. Cant get over it. I lov twilight, but i think the acting in twilight suckssssss… As like evryone does! I wish kristen would get booted off, she cant act worth crap. As much as i love both, hp is 1000000x better! Its a legacy and the biggest series of movies evr or in a long tome and is part of our generation. Twilights just good. Nuff said…

• askashley

askashley said:
    And Twilight did that? I’m not trying to be rude, I just found that kinda odd.
    ==
    I wast talkin bout other books, not Twilight. I’m not too big into romance which is why I said the books were just OKAY. I’m more into James Patterson and Meg Cabolt type novels.

• LoveableScar

——————
    Two great writers.

• LoveableScar

_______
    ______________

Reason why it appeals to teenager girls the most.

• askashley

Jul 15, 2011 @ 08:14 pm
    realistgangsta said:
    who cares both sucks in my opinion harry potter boring and for white people and it puts me to sleep twilight never got into that shit so whatever
    ==
    can we refrain from racist comments plz? It’s very offensive and uncalled for

• Lilly

Yes! Finally the top two movies for best weekend opening will actually be good movies.
    Even if Twilight’s last movies beat this record they definitely won’t beat it in ratings. Just by looking at the trailer, anyone can tell the film won’t be good. There was no reason to break the last Twilight into two movies besides the money.
    Anyways even if Twilight does beat it, the Dark Knight Rises will crush it!

• Tori

realistgangsta said:
    ________

I am black well ( biracial), and I love harry potter. Someone needs to go back to school, and APPLY what they learned.

• Lilly

askashley said:
    And Twilight did that? I’m not trying to be rude, I just found that kinda odd.

• CASSI101FUL

• Keepitreal

I Don’t See Why People Do This.
    Harry Ptoter: About Wizards
    Twilight: About Vampires
    Yes There Is Lots To Compare Rme.

• Lilly

Keepitreal said:
    I Don’t See Why People Do This.
    Harry Ptoter: About Wizards
    Twilight: About Vampires
    Yes There Is Lots To Compare Rme.
    They’re two fantasy franchise based off of book series. People used to compare HP to LOTRs when in it’s early days too

• Keepitreal

• Monster27

I’m glad about Teennick showing 90′s stuff soon!

Somethng is really smelly… How come Demi is folloing both Nick & Miley (+ Joe + Kevin), but none of them are following her? I swear Nick was following her some time ago :l And yet he is following Taylor, Selena and Justin.

And, oh well, Joe is not following her either.

• LoveableScar

_______________________

• LoveableScar

@Monster27 I know!!!!
    21st right?

• Lilly

OIC

• Lilly

LoveableScar said:
    _______
    ______________

Reason why it appeals to teenager girls the most.
    True though I’m a teenager girl and it doesn’t appeal to me while I have guy friends that love Twilight (IDK why I’m still friends with them XD)

hello guys

Ffydgcu

• LoveableScar

oveableScar said:
    _______
    ______________

Reason why it appeals to teenager girls the most.
    —————

ahhhh, well thats one of the reason it doesn’t appeal to me. When your 22 you kinda stir away from those love stories.

• Jesus Dumbledore

Are you surprised that Harry Potter beat Twilight? I used to be a Twihard until Harry Potter came back into my life and I was mature enough to read the books.
    The movie was amazing, and my OTP was paired together (should have taken the notes, Rowling) but anyway. There were some things that got my hypes up but were just dropped. Like the story about the Dumbledore sister and Fred’s death and everything like that. ESPECIALLY Ron and Hermione’s kiss – it was played out MUCH more in the book. :( But I was happy with Neville and Luna. :3

Otherwise, it was wonderful and I’m happy with my Harry Potter themed 3D glasses.

**** {{w w w }} {{be tter whole saler }} {{ us }} *****
    The website whol esale for many kinds of fas hion sho es,
    like the nik e,jord an,pr ada, also including the jea ns,shirts,bags,hat and the decorations.
    All the products are free ship ping, and the the price is com petitive,
    and also can accept the pay pal pay ment.
    ,after the paym ent, can ship within short time.
    ^^^^^wanna get more details , please enter our web^^^^^^^

• KimKardashianKisses

oh man i wanted to watch this movie so badly damn it not goin to get to watch it until next week =S HARRY POTTER RULEZZ

p.s Twilight Suck ….

• IwannaSeeJoeJ

this doesn’t surprise me at all! Of course HP would top twilight. Harry Potter is amazing, nothing will beat it. I still need to watch it, i definitely know i will be crying when the credits run at the end :’(

im watching this tomorrow!!

I WENT TO THE MIDNIGHT PREMIER AND IT WAS AWSOME!

• Sunshine n Lolipops

Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Tops Twilight

Well Duh… who in their right mind would think it wouldn’t. Brains > Hormones

• Wtfx

WHATEVER!
    WAIT TILL TWILIGHT COMES OUT!
    THEN WE WILL SEE!
    MUAHAHAH

But good job Harry Potter

• Gearsarealwaysturning

harry potter is just too good to even be compared with twlight, which sucks.

• SellyismygirlCrush

I want to see this movie soo bad just for ron and hermoine OTP! lol NO shit it be gay ass twilight! It sucks that breaking down will be in two parts and eeryone will be like OMG ! ugh >.<

I saw Harry Potter and the deathly hollows part 2 in midnight and it was truly amazing. BUt i do wish it was longer. Im gonna miss HP :/ but it was Amazing hope it beats Avatar

• SellyismygirlCrush

This is coming from a once Twihard.. ok. But Harry Potter is just WOW WOW WOW in comparison.

• SellyismygirlCrush

I’m probgonna cry during hp twilight im just gonna be like wow they live happily ever after BFD!

• SellyismygirlCrush

Jesus Dumbledore said:

_______

ITS IN 3D AHHHHHHHHHHHH! xD

• harrypotter17

of course it beat twilight why wouldnt it

well, no surprises there! Don’t know why the twi-hards think it will beat hp as part 1 is just the marriage and getting pregnant, and part 2 is the so-called “battle” (which i call a huge stand-off) that will last 27 minutes of the film. Sure the book may be big but the stuff in there does not make it enough to be split into 2 films.

• Untouchable

well duh..it’s only natural

• sahina91

i used to be a Twihard….until i got annoyed by the whole series. Breaking Dawn was an epic fail. story leading to a huge fight yet it turns into a talking stand-off. still don’t understand why it’s being split into 2 films. even i could have fit it into a 2 hour and 30 minute film.

i’m even ashamed of myself for saying that twilight was better than HP back then, and i was a HUGE HP fan.

i still see the films (only once in the cinema) and i can’t be asked reading the books (which i can’t get rid of as they were given to me for my 18th Birthday)

anyways, congrats to HP on this record.

Twilight is about “love” and how important it is to have a boyfriend and shit like that. It’s not even real love if you’re gonna fall for another one the moment your bf is gone. (And yes I’ve read all four books.)Harry Potter on the other hand, is REALLY about love and not just being in love, but love for family and friends. It’s about being strong and doing the right thing no matter what happens. It’s about making mistakes, not being perfect and shining in the sunlight. It’s about losing your way and finding it back. There are just too many messages to write.

Harry Potter beats Twilight any day. Ask Stephen King.

I saw it yesterday. It was AMAZING.

BOW DOWN TO HARRY POTTER. Twilight, in my opinion, sucks. Twilight can not compare when it comes to Harry Potter.

why are people even comparing twilight and harry potter? twilight is about vampires and love and harry potter is about wizards and more about action. they don’t even compare.
    sure the twilight movies arn’t the greatest but no need to fucking bash it every moment you get.
    and for people saying of course it tops twilight its harry potter… well twilight beat the 7 other movies of harry potter… just saying… and it’s probably going to beat harry potter again in breaking dawn.
    and I don’t like either more than the other, I’m just stating the facts.

• urluvismydrugg

Now that’s what I’m talkin’ about

Team Draco & Team Jacob.

Of course hp beat twilight. I was also a twihard like, 4 years ago, but now it sucks ass. I mean, the first movie was ok, but then it just got stupid lol nothing can beat Harry potter. I’ve read all the hp books and see all the movies since I was a kid. HP will always be my childhood and my life<3 hell, I’m even gonna read the books to my kids :) HARRY POTTER GENERATION FTW

Harry Potter > Twilight. Always. HP started off as a child book but JKR realizes that her readers is not for children as for well but for teens and adults. She progressed and making it suitable for everyone. JKR brought a whole new world of magic which allows the readers to expand their imagination. Harry Potter, you learn about the meaning of friendship, love, also facing your fears. Twilight…you learn the meaning how important to have a boyfriend is. I used to like twilight now i despise it.

This is pathetic OF COURSE HARRY POTTER TOPS TWILIGHT.

• SunLight Princess

As it should be.

• ImAwesome

BOW DOWN BITCHES, HARRY POTTER RULLING THE WORLD

• askashley

Jul 15, 2011 @ 08:07 pm
    PermanantDecemberXO said:

I’ve watched that Movie Countless times :) Batman has always been my fave super Herero

• Bieber

The least financially successful Harry Potter film (PoA) made $90 million more than the most successful Twilight movie
    3 hours ago via Twitter for iPhone

Read it and weep.

• realistgangsta

WHATEVER!
    WAIT TILL TWILIGHT COMES OUT!
    THEN WE WILL SEE!
    MUAHAHAH

But good job Harry Potter
    Sure honey, we will wait and we will see that HP will top Twilight AGAIN. Come on, horrible story. Harry Potter is just for inteligent people. Move on sweet heart.

THE MOVIE IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course it does. Edward aka robert dies in harry potter

• Non White Person

Jul 15, 2011 @ 08:14 pm
    realistgangsta said:

Dumbest fucking comment. ^

LIKE A BOSS.

HARRY POTTER GENERATION <3

• Monster27

realistgangsta said:

Hey I’ve seen a wide variety of ethnic groups come to watch HP.