Pottermore ‘Real Fun Community Elements’

pottermore_website_1_510

Pottermore EW review: While it won’t let you apparate or play Quidditch (there are leagues for that already), J.K. Rowling’s new interactive website Pottermore will at least let you experience some of the fun of living in the world of Harry Potter. It’s still in beta and doesn’t open to the general public until October, but Pottermore is rolling out early access to the one million fans who qualified for it, and we were lucky enough to get an account..

For those who were worried that this would be just the skeletal frame of a game used to sell audiobooks or ebooks or plush sorting hats or whatever: it’s not. Even though the site is currently limited to material relating to the first book, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, there’s still more than enough to make your entire afternoon disappear like a temporus suckus spell. You begin your journey by going through various interactive tableaux representing scenes from the book: the arrival of the Hogwarts letters, platform 9 3/4, Diagon Alley..

The real fun comes with the community elements. Once you’re sorted into a house, we got Ravenclaw because we’re smart and boring, you’ll be able to interact with your fellow housemates via a number of activities. Individuals can earn house points in the site-wide House Cup, and you can even engage in a wizard’s duel using your customized wand and the spells you have learned. If potions are more your thing, you can buy all the bezoars and flobberworm mucus you need at Diagon Alley and whip up a batch or two in your cauldron, but don’t overspend or else you’ll find your Gringotts vault empty. Full review HERE!

• Ranii

k

• JustBreathe.
  • jt

hello peoplee :D

• gottalent

What the hell is that?

• Peekaboo

i feel left out i’m not pottermore crazy ,poo :(

• peacelovehearts

gottalent said:
    What the hell is that?
    —————
    What the hell is your life?

• jt

how do gifs work on here????

• peacelovehearts

*waits for confirmation email*

• jt

my icon is supposed 2 be a gif but its not moving O.o

• peacelovehearts

jt said:
    how do gifs work on here????
    —————-
    They have to be under 50.
    Or else they don’t work….

• pretzellover2.0

How can you not know what pottermore is? http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lbngxz0Tw71qc7lyk.gif

• Peekaboo

peacelovehearts said:
    jt said:
    how do gifs work on here????
    —————-
    They have to be under 50.
    Or else they don’t work….
    ********
    i hate that cause i have awesome gifs more than 50

• peacelovehearts

pretzellover2.0 said:
    MTE…. muggles, smh.

• peacelovehearts

They have to be under 50.
    Or else they don’t work….
    ********
    i hate that cause i have awesome gifs more than 50
    You can always ask someone here to reduce it to under 50. It’s not that hard to do, i just don’t have photoshop.

• Peekaboo

peacelovehearts said:
    pretzellover2.0 said:
    MTE…. muggles, smh.
    ******
    i know what it is i’m just not crazy about it double poo :(

• pretzellover2.0

“People need to stop being so fucking scared of rejection. People seem to think that rejection is like the worst thing ever, but it’s not, like you could get fucking AIDS. You cannot go through your life scared of like being rejected by the opposite sex, or the same sex depending on what you like. You need to see your potentials as like a job interview. You go in, you lay out what you have to offer on the table, if they like it they’ll hire you, if not you leave & find another job. And this goes to everyone okay, it is not just a guy’s job to go after the girl. If women think they can run for president, go after corporate jobs and do everything a man can, then why can’t your ass go after the guy. GO AFTER WHAT YOU WANT! There is nothing more annoying than having a friend with a crush who does nothing about the crush and who has this mentality that they’re gonna be forever alone. Well duh, bitch, you’re gonna be forever alone because all you do is Facebook stalk him in the fucking corner. If you like somebody, fucking tell them. You don’t even have to tell them in person. Send them a text message, send them a Facebook message but do not write in their fucking honesty box. Just be yourself, be honest, be real and be fearless because you’ll never know who will appreciate that.”
    — ItsKingsleyBitch

• pretzellover2.0

i know what it is I’m just not crazy about it double poo :(

• peterD

I enter to Pottermore Earlier Woohoo ?

• oxoemmaoxo

I WANT MY E-MAIL!!!

• bleach

WELCOME EMAIL Y U NO IN MY INBOX

• Disco.Is.Dead

I just want to be sorted, tbh.

• jt

-_- i found a gif thats 100×100 & its 37kb & it wont upload. helpp D:

• jt

YAY NVM IT UPLOADED :D

• Hibz.

yo daddy mustve been a drug dealer.

why?

cause you dope.

• lovelife

lalalala

• pretzellover2.0

Is your ass from McDonalds? Cause, badadadada. I’m lovin it!

• gottalent

Aug 16, 2011 @ 10:27 am
    SoRawSUgAr said:

gottalent said:

Aug 16, 2011 @ 10:21 am
    SoRawSUgAr said:

I got into pottermore….but I forgot my password :/ fail

XD

GOTTALENT!! AHHH YOUUU!!! I’VE BEEN LOOKING FOR YOU SINCE I CAME BACK!!!! Where you been? x

Ive been here looking for you

• SoRawSUgAr

Ive been here looking for you

Yeah I’ve been told you were talking about me :P

• gottalent

Aug 16, 2011 @ 10:32 am
    SoRawSUgAr said:

Ive been here looking for you

Yeah I’ve been told you were talking about me :P

Ya ive been asking everyone where you were but they say you just left.

• SoRawSUgAr

Yeah I’ve been told you were talking about me :P

Ya ive been asking everyone where you were but they say you just left.

Aw :) Don’t worry now, I’m back :D How has OU been without me? haha

• Monster27

I tried to get in,but I failed.. lol Gonna be a muggle til October. I have a feeling it is going to be many site crashes/downtime during that time..

• JonasFanSelenator

Where’s my MAIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIL?

• gottalent

Aug 16, 2011 @ 10:36 am
    SoRawSUgAr said:

Yeah I’ve been told you were talking about me :P

Ya ive been asking everyone where you were but they say you just left.

Aw :) Don’t worry now, I’m back :D How has OU been without me? haha

Boring….

• anons
  • SoRawSUgAr

Aw :) Don’t worry now, I’m back :D How has OU been without me? haha

Boring….

Well of course *flips hair* I’ve been creeping the comments though, I remember you had a Katy Perry icon

• gottalent

Aug 16, 2011 @ 10:43 am
    SoRawSUgAr said:

Aw :) Don’t worry now, I’m back :D How has OU been without me? haha

Boring….

Ya XD

• BrokenArrow

ROFL ANNALYNNE.

• lovelife

one direction is just pure perfection.

• emily14

………………………… O_o
    haha

• gottalent
  • Disco.Is.Dead

one direction is just pure perfection.
    ~

Did you listen to the acoustic version.
    gkrera ear babies.

• lovelife

Did you listen to the acoustic version.
    gkrera ear babies.
    _______________________

sure did…zayn…WOW

sure did…zayn…WOW
    ~~

That long note. wow. lmao.

• anons
  • emily14

peacelovehearts did you see the picture of him?

• SoRawSUgAr

• Riddikulus

Damn im too late
    can’t register
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• SoRawSUgAr

Ya XD

I’ve got to go now but talk to you whenever I’m next on xx

• sweetpye

cant wait!

• Hibz.

*waits for HP fans to see this and jizz in their pants*

• jessica effect

I got my welcome e-mail today. AND YES, I DID JIZZ IN MY PANTS.

Except I’m pissed because the website is down and now I have to wait. But I better get into Slytherin. :-)

BUT ONCE SITE IS UP AND RUNNING AGAIN, I GET TO LOG IN AND GO GET SORTED AND SHIT. SO LONG, MUGGLES. HAVE FUN IN OCTOBER. Okay. I’ll calm down now. sdagklsdajkgsadljkg

• CrazyWeird12

what is pottermore?

• omg wtf lolz

STILL WAITING FOR MY FUCKING WELCOME EMAIL :( even though I registered on Day 1 with the clue.

• BrokenArrow

aaaaaah i want my email nowwwwww

• BrokenArrow

If I dont get sorted in Slytheryin ‘my father will hear about this’

• PrettyYoungThing

Yawn.

• CrazyWeird12

What the hell is pottermore?????????

• bolka1

selena gomez is a lesbian!!

read more:

• bolka1

selena gomez is a lesbian!!

read more:

• Disco.Is.Dead

So…. Natalie. Have fun in that post last night? ;)

• lovelife

Disco.Is.Dead said:

So…. Natalie. Have fun in that post last night? ;)
    ________________________

ahaha did you read it?!?! it was the most hilarious thing ever.

• Disco.Is.Dead

ahaha did you read it?!?! it was the most hilarious thing ever.

Yeaap ;3
    WHY AT FUCKING 3 AM. -sigh-

Icon, please load.

• lovelife

Disco.Is.Dead said:

ahaha did you read it?!?! it was the most hilarious thing ever.

Yeaap ;3
    WHY AT FUCKING 3 AM. -sigh-
    ____________________

haha i know it was so late, but I had to see GN…NOW I KNOW WHAT GN LOOKS LIKE…SUCK IT BITCHES

• lovelife

Did any one see taylor swift clothes malfunction LOL

• emily14

hi

Did any one see taylor swift clothes malfunction LOL

Yes ROFL.

• Disco.Is.Dead

Excuse me. What the fuck is this bullshit.

• anons

Disco.Is.Dead said:

So…. Natalie. Have fun in that post last night? ;)

Op.

• lovelife

Disco.Is.Dead said:

WHAT DOES HE LOOK LIKE D:
    ________________________

that i cant say. they told me i can only brag about it and not describe it, and to bo quite honest, GN scares me…he would kill me.

• lovelife

Disco.Is.Dead said:

Excuse me. What the fuck is this bullshit.
    ___________________________

uhhhh. is that madison?

Op.
    ~

Trololol.

LMAO.
    Ah, okay. That’s what I get for sleeping at a regular time~

uhhhh. is that madison?
    ~

BITCH YOU CANT FLIP YOUR HAIR IN A PONYTAIL. wut…

• emily14

i know i was on the post last night

• Disco.Is.Dead

Anyways Natalie, Did you watch teaser 3?
    Obviously Harry will be the last teaser. No surprise.
    But uh, heres an interview they did and acoustic bit of WMYB if you didnt see it :)

• lovelife

Disco.Is.Dead said:

uhhhh. is that madison?
    ~

BITCH YOU CANT FLIP YOUR HAIR IN A PONYTAIL. wut…
    ___________________________

LMFAO. this is true.

• anons

I can’t believe I was up until 5am.

• emily14

i hate the hate time differnce and long distance right now

LMFAO. this is true.

Anyways. The back of her head looks pretty. Mofo. hahahha

• lovelife

emily14 said:

i know i was on the post last night
    _______________

well of course with the exception of you, Hibz, Husky, anons, and Rosie. everyone else can suck it.

• pretzellover2.0

Logan Lerman needs to marry me.

Welll excusssseeee meeee.

Watch this be where the girls enter. lmao

• gottalent

Aug 16, 2011 @ 08:55 am
    peacelovehearts said:

gottalent said:
    What the hell is that?
    —————
    What the hell is your life?

OOOOOOOk not getting what your saying but alright :)

• peacelovehearts
  • emily14

you guys should have stayed up cause i posted a picture of the guy i like

• lovelife

Disco.Is.Dead said:

Watch this be where the girls enter. lmao
    ____________________________

they look pretty sexy on that log.

• peacelovehearts

emily14 said:
    you guys should have stayed up cause i posted a picture of the guy i like
    Which post was that?

• Disco.Is.Dead

they look pretty sexy on that log.
    ~~

I’m so confused what the video will be like.
    They’ll be on the log, walking on the beach, the house, in the water, at the campfire. Like dayum. ROFL.

• peacelovehearts

Nevermind, i found it.
    -creeps through comments-

• WYLMITE?

I have a crush on one of my teachers D:

Nevermind, i found it.
    -creeps through comments-

Oh god.

I have a crush on one of my teachers D:
    ~

Happens to me all the time, rofllll.

• emily14

Nevermind, i found it.
    -creeps through comments-
    oh my god

• WYLMITE?

LOL OU updated the Demi post to the 1st page XD

• pretzellover2.0

i was trolling so hard last night.

• anons

pretzellover2.0 said:
    i was trolling so hard last night.

really? I didn’t see you on the post.

• peacelovehearts

………………………… O_o

• BrookeElaine

I still haven’t gotten my welcome email :(
    impatient potterhead over here… D: