Selena Gomez, Nick Jonas Bad Boyfriend?

Selena Gomez, who is dating and in love with Justin Bieber, admitted she once let a boyfriend’s likes and dislikes influence the way she behaved, and after witnessing how happy her loved ones were when the romance ended, she insists she will always be herself from now on.

Selena told Top Of The Pops: ‘I wasn’t myself for a year. I think that was really damaging. I felt like it was me who was always trying to be perfect for him. Everyone around me hated him but I didn’t listen. I think I had to go through it because now I’m the strongest I’ve been. I dare someone to try and change me again.’

Selena admitted that she ‘lost herself’ in the relationship and lost her sense of fun until the romance was over: ‘I always dressed nice. I don’t think he ever saw me in sweatpants, and I love sweatpants. I’d always be well-mannered and go to his favourite restaurants or whatever.

There was a point where I lost myself completely. I didn’t smile as much, I didn’t laugh as much. I wasn’t a goofball. I didn’t get up and dance like I usually do. And when that one ended, I didn’t know where I was. But I got it back and was really happy. My family were happy to have me back.’

• HonestMoi

As much as I adore the Jonas Brothers, Nick Jonas just seems like that type. I mean, honestly, it’s most likely him. We don’t know the guy, we just know he’s nice to his fans, but don’t you think he seems like the sort of controlling/cold type?
    Sure he may buy dinner and open her door, but it seems like he would HAVE to have the PERFECT girl in order to be happy. I wouldn’t doubt it if it’s Nick.

It makes the most sense. She said a year of dating.
    Nick is the only other person I can think of, but who knows?

All I’m saying is, just because you like the guy, doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a dark side.

• HonestMoi

Still Anonymous said:

Sounds like Nick… The whole point of Miley’s can’t be tamed (which everyone pretty much missed b/c they didn’t listen to the lyrics) was that a lot of boys she’s dated have tried to change her, but she can’t be changed. Miley even said that straight up about Nick, he wanted her to get highlights & stuff like that & she did. That’s why when they broke up she dyed her hair black.

He seems like a little bit of a perfectionist & the controlling type ngl. He’s still somewhat of a musical genius though. Maybe he’s learned his lesson.

—————————-

Exactly. He just seems that way.

• LondonFoolishly

It could be about him, it may not be, but I read this a few years ago so if it was him, she must’ve had a change of heart to go back to him again. I love both Nick and Selena. But no-one should ever change for there boyfriend, the same as no-one should ever try and change a person to make them who they want them to be. At the end of the day you should love a person for who they truly are and if the guy expects you to change; well then kick them in the balls and be done with it… no, im kidding but at least put an end to it.

• jt

Aug 17, 2011 @ 12:20 pm
    dilemma said:
    SELENA ….CAN’T BE TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    OH-OH-OOOOHHHHH

lmao xD

• thefuturemrsnickjonas

not my nicky!!!!!! i didn’t realized he was like that-_-

• Disco.Is.Dead
  • SuckMyAnonDick

Like Nick said “I was just 14″.

• UlitmateAnon

Well thats her fault then. WHo ever she is talking about, she should not of changed or let some one else influence her. You must be head over heels or really dumb to let some one change you. I mean she was sweet and humble back then and now she… not, so maybe that boyfriend influenced her for the good and now her true colors are coming out.

• Demiandmileylove

‘Youtube converstation’

BAD Lovatic : You bitch if you don’t like Hanna you;r not a true fan ..
    Me : What i just don’t like her i have never ever liked her so why should i like her whehn she is hanging out with Demi ?
    BAD Lovatic : Because Demi is you’r rolemodel so you need to like everybody she hangs out with .. understood ?
    Me : Sorry i didn’t understand you said i needed to like everybody that she hangs out with ? NOT GONE HAPPEN !
    BAD Lovatic : You’r phatatic you know that you stupid fat ugly girl .. go die !
    Me : Woaw stop there .. you’r saying those things to me ? do you actually know you’r idol/rolemodel has been bullied so much she stopped with school ? and now you’r bullying me !
    BAD Lovatic : This is not bullying this is defending my rolemodel !
    Me : LOL Serious you’r saying that calling people fat and ugly when you may never have seen them isn’t bullying ? since when has my appearance and body something to do with Demi ?
    Bad Lovatic : Just shut it bitch !
    Me : Was a pleasure to speak with you .. by the way .. Demi would never apreciate it if you so called fan would bully other people !
    ‘End of coverstation’

• jt

Aug 17, 2011 @ 12:32 pm
    thefuturemrsnic… said:

not my nicky!!!!!! i didn’t realized he was like that-_-

me either :/ how can someone who seems so caring, cute & cool be controlling..? (haha all those things start w/ c lol)

• LondonFoolishly

Taylor Lautners on my tv.
    oh hot damn,

• UlitmateAnon

__________
    If this is about Nick, he didnt change you, you just admitted you felt like you had to. If a guy doesnt like you at first, why would he date you then? He obviously liked you and you changed. I usually side with girls but this is too common. Lets get some sense ladies.

• Demiandmileylove

• Demiandmileylove

What’s you’r favorite song at the moment ?

Loser like me !

• emily14

hi

• BitchPleaseI’mAnAnon

Nick wants the perfect girl but he needs to realize no one is perfect. Not even him.

• dontuwantmebaby

I love Selena, but not when she is so dramatic.. i dont think she could have done something like that.. and i dont think she was refering Nick either.. i mean, first, Nick CANT act like she says.. and then, the guy must be someone when she wasnt that famous!

• Demiandmileylove

Lalala

• 1DForever

Truthfully, I think this is about Nick.

But I don’t think Nick put pressure on Selena to be a specific way, I think that she did that to herself. I wouldn’t want to look like a bum in front of Nick either… We all know baby boy’s perfect, and Selena was trying to reach equality with him. Too bad that’s impossible!

Beiber, on the other hand, is nowhere near as fantastic as Nick. No wonder Selena doesn’t feel like she needs to be classy around him…

• anoncomment

Nick sounds like a brat. Don’t go out with a girl if you don’t like how she already is, you dumbass.

• Dodah_J

…… for thee people who say they lost respect for Nick smh at you .. seriously!

• Dodah_J

1DForever said:

Truthfully, I think this is about Nick.

THIS!!

• 1DForever

UlitmateAnon said:
    __________
    _________

Exactly my point!!

• anoncomment

Dodah_J said:

…… for thee people who say they lost respect for Nick smh at you .. seriously!

I smh at deluded Jonas fans who arent bothered by this
    Selena and Miley coming out about it isnt a coincidence
    But im sure youd change everything of yourself to get with a Jonas
    So come back and talk to me when you get some self respect

• Demiandmileylove

Tralalalala..

• Demiandmileylove

Dodah_J said:

…… for thee people who say they lost respect for Nick smh at you .. seriously!

Well if he serious try’s to change girls that is disrespecting .. but if he didn’t then i’m fine with him i said if it’s true i lose a BIT respect for him !

• LondonFoolishly

I am so bored.

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

oceanup can i please have an icon again? i feel like a pedo without one

• BitchPleaseI’mAnAnon

EnchantingJonas Unbroken ?kyscraper
    by oceanUP
    @oceanUP Nick J is prob one of the best bfs in this freaking whole world so I cant believe Selena was actually talking about him, what rude.

El oh el.

• LondonFoolishly

That cover of Just a dream by Swifty is flawless.

• SuckMyAnonDick

And both have reported being in a controlling relationship before

Yes and none of Nick’s other girlfriends have said anything about him being controlling. Just the two teenage girls who got broken up with.

• Dodah_J

Didn’t she herself say I changed myself for him? I wanted to be perfect for him? The most hilarious part is after trashing him in that interview is that she went back to him like a puppy.

Exactly!

• anons
  • SuckMyAnonDick

Aug 17, 2011 @ 12:55 pm
    BitchPleaseI’mAnAnon said:

EnchantingJonas Unbroken ?kyscraper
    by oceanUP

El oh el.

trololol

• EllyJonas

I really like selena. but I don’t like what she is sayig.

nick isn’t a bad boyfriend. he is different. selena wasn’t right for him. they didn’t belong to each other. they were to different.
    well…if he really wanted her to change. wasn’t she the right girl for him.

he broke up with her. so she hasn’t good things to tell about him.

• Demiandmileylove

• Gearsarealwaysturning

bleeeh nick is a perfectionist, he likes shit like he wants it, but im sure he didnt force her to “lost herself”. If you love someone so much and you change for them to like you that shit is your problem, not the boys. =.=

• jilti

wow…that’s very old!

• AmandaXoX

With Justin, your style hasn’t changed, but your attitude sure has -_-

• Gearsarealwaysturning

my last comment made no sense, but you get me. XD

• poisonparadise

i will kick selena’s ass if she ever goes back to nick

• corona2225

If Selena let a guy change her then she’s responsible for that. When you allow someone to have that much influence over you for so long it does become your own fault. And I know no wants to say this but she IS upset that Nick is so open with Delta. That’s why she re-wrote the lyrics to that song and gave that interview about how happy she is being shown off by Justin. She’s bitter. And yes, Nick is a perfectionist, that’s obvious. I don’t know about the controlling part, but people can only do to you what you allow them to.

• SuckMyAnonDick

Aug 17, 2011 @ 01:11 pm
    corona2225 said:

lol Selena was just bitter she was a rebound.

• Diamondback

Stop hating for 20 seconds of your life and take note you little dopes. You could learn a valuable lesson here.

It doesn’t matter who she is talking about. The point is don’t ever let someone try to control you.

• Fuckyou

isnt this old?

• BitchPleaseI’mAnAnon

Let’s be real, Nick isn’t the best boyfriend. Or at least he wasn’t.

• Fuckyou

but nick does try and change his gf’s to theway he wants them

• BrokenArrow

UlitmateAnon said:

MTE.

• xxsmilerzxx

Selena never spoke rude about Nick J.
    She never mentioned him.
    She spoke rude on an ex boyfriend.
    Do you see the name Nick in ‘Ex-Boyfriend?’

• xxsmilerzxx

Selena never spoke rude about Nick J.
    She never mentioned him.
    She spoke rude on an ex boyfriend.
    Do you see the name Nick in ‘Ex-Boyfriend?’

• BrokenArrow

She said she’s never going to let a guy change her again, but some of her stans blame Bieber for her change of image lol

• corona2225

Maybe he did in the past, but I don’t know. I think he’s a good guy. And he did grow up in a pretty old-fashioned household and maybe he thought that’s the way things should be. I like Papa Jonas, but he obviously controls everything his family does. I think Nick has matured a whole lot in the last year and I think he’s a good boyfriend.

• corona2225

No she never specifically says Nick, but he’s only ex-boyfriend she’s been dissing lately. So although it is stupid to make assumptions, he would be the natural conclusion.

• AcidPinkLemonade

I hate it when girls complain about their exes and then go running back to them.
    If you end up heartbroken again, you did it to yourself.

• thefuturemrsnickjonas

haha i din’t notice until you said something haha buy yea;/ but someone was right. he was only 14 but still, he was shy back then and he didn’t seem very controlling. but she also let someone change her. i would never change for anyone

• BrokenArrow

corona2225 said:

………

I don’t like papa jonas, i feel like he’s not a good man at all i dont know why.

• anonla

1st This article is so old.

2nd She did come back to him, didn’t she? He couldn’t be that bad.

3rd If she lets a guy control her, that’s her problem, she only does it because she wants to.

4th Didn’t she change already because of Justin Bieber? At least her attitude did.

5th ‘I always dressed nice. I don’t think he ever saw me in sweatpants, and I love sweatpants. I’d always be well-mannered and go to his favourite restaurants or whatever.’ Miley wrote on her book “Miles To Go” that she wore sweatpants on her first date with Nick. So…. And she doesn’t wear sweatpants that much anymore, at least in public.

6th She was mad because all the drama that was going on between her, Miley and Nick. We all know that when girls are mad they say bad things about their exes. And she said on an interview that she thought about marrying him, so was he really that bad?

• ljs1202

Nick probably used to think – you find a girl, change her into what you want, instead of you find the RIGHT girl to begin with, who is ALREADY what you what. He was young and didn’t know any better. Now that he’s been around a little, he knows what he wants, and that’s why he’s with Delta-someone who only does what HE wants to do-go see Les Mis, go bowling, play golf. Doesn’t she have any interests? It’s all about Nick. I’ve said it before-he a self absorbed/high maintenance boyfriend!

• bleach

i dont think nick is the kinda guy who does that… but we never know.

• JustinBieberWarrior

selena’s attitude didn’t really change because of justin. she’s still sweet, mature, etc. or isn’t she?

• SaltyBubblegum

I’ve read every single comment on this post. I’m Team Selena.
    Whoever that boy is better have changed.

• PermanantDecemberXO

Two teenage girls who’s boyfriend broke up with them. Of course it’s not a coincedence.
    _____

I feel like it’s years later, she has moved on a couple of times, and she still is saying the same thing…. Nick is doing something wrong. Every girl he dates seems better off without him. I don’t even think she’s bitter anymore. It’s like you can’t just assume that they are lying and he’s just Mr. Perfect. And I will speck on Selena’s behalf, the pressure was on her out of all his girlfriends because she was after his 2 year relationship with Miley so of course she was trying to be perfect. She wanted to make him forget Miley. So yeah she was trying to be perfect but can you blame her. She had it the hardest out of all of them.

• kardashian

its funny how she said she would never change for a boyfriend ever again but yet she changed for justin aswell.. she changed the way she dresses for him (she used to dress very conservative now she dresses kind of provocative), and now she trys to talk like justin aswell.

• paparazzigirl

DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ PEOPLE.

• paparazzigirl

I’m sorry but there is NO PROOF that any of this happen.

• laceyxox

Paparazzigirl, GIRL Miley Cyrus ADMITTED to him being the same way.
    I’m pretty sure that’s proof enough.
    Whatever these girls have the great, loving boyfriends now and I’m happy for them. I understand being controlled by a guy and it’s no fun at all but my current boyfriend is so free-thinking and sweet so I feel like I can put myself in both Miley’s and Selena’s shoes.
    And people, they’re not ‘changing because of their boyfriends’ now. Change is natural. They’re at a point in their lives that people get to (around 17+) and you just naturally start to feel more like an adult and you begin to feel how you want to be for the rest of your life.

• ann932

at least he doesn’t talk sh*t about her.
    i mean, you can’t force somebody to change and if she had, that only shows how weak she was to change under his influence. and maybe she’s now more grown up and not necessary different so move on girl. you can’t live in the past forever.

• Just Smile

Seriously Selena? Oh God. Eh, I’m not very proud of you right now.

• ItsallaboutSel

It’s obviously about Nick. Listen to “I Won’t Apologize” on Kiss and Tell. You know, the one song she wrote on the album.

And if any of you bring up her quote saying that the song isn’t about Nick, you should try to remember the video of her concert a couple years ago when her and Nick got back together and he was there (wearing a cowboy hat), and she started talking about the song, and she said “but that’s all in the past now”. The song is about Nick, and the guy she was talking about in the interview was Nick.

I’m thinking that Nick and Delta might work out though, she’s blonde and has highlights.

Good find, Nick!!

• xGottaLoveOU?

I don’t really think its Nick.
    Its probably someone she was with when she wasn’t famous. Gosh OU starting stuff. >.<

• Demiandmileylove

Nah i think she is talking about Taylor or a boyfriend when seh wasn’t that famous !

• kass

uff selena… lol she is so dramatic..!!!

• SuckMyAnonDick

She’s talking about Nick. Those quotes are from her 17 magazine interview from two years ago. Funny how she went back to him though, huh?

• Entertainmentlove

selitha homez

• SuckMyAnonDick

Me thinks that these girls are bitter that they’re not the next Mrs. Jonas.

• HonestMoi

lmao seriously.

• Still Anonymous

• dilemma

SELENA ….CAN’T BE TAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDD
    OH-OH-OOOOHHHHH

• TheEnglishBeat

Makes sense if it is Nick. Asshole.

• Demiandmileylove

Still Anonymous said:

serious ?! woaaw i losed respect for him .. i’m sorry but that is rude !

• HonestMoi

Oh my gosh. Seriously?

JUST BECAUSE HE’S A JONAS EVERYONE HAS TO BACK HIM UP

I’m a Jonas fan too, but I’m also 17 and I’ve been in a controlling relationship. I also know what it feels like to feel not worthy or like you have to change yourself for the guy.

That doesn’t make you dumb !
    Things he says, small things he does, those are things that make you feel like you should change, and because she loved him so much she probably wanted to just make him happy.

You don’t know the situation UNTIL YOU ARE IN IT.

Just because he’s a Jonas, doesn’t mean he’s “innocent.”

Everyone has personality issues. (faults)

• SmellsLikeTeenSpirt

Unf.

• JustinBieberWarrior

i’m on selena’s side.

• xFireBomb

This story was interesting in 2009, but now it’s 2011, and she needs to get over herself. Life goes on and people change. Nick isn’t the same guy he was 3 years ago.

• xBuh-Bubblesx

She’s starting to piss me off somehow -__-
    I was never a fan of her but I wasn’t a hater. I actually even felt bad for her because of the death threats she was getting. But now I just feel like she’s making Nick seem bad when that like 3 years ago. Move On. Its obvious Nick different now…if what she said was even true. Everybody thinks she’s all innocent and cool but nobody knows who she rreeeaaalllyy is.

• musicgirl2222

Selena is so dramatic. It’s her own fault for changing herself for a guy and I doubt that this guy was Nick Jonas.

• jesie

NICK!! SHE IS TALKING ABOUT NICK! HE IS AN ASS HOLE!

• Beautiful.Dirty.Rich

Lol defiantly Nick, her cousin’s hated him

• SuckMyAnonDick

I smh at deluded Jonas fans who arent bothered by this
    Selena and Miley coming out about it isnt a coincidence

—————–

• Once again

There are guys like this everywhere. Making stupid comments that as a girl you take and become self-concious about. For everyone blaming HER.. lmfao.. either you are too young to understand or you’ve never been around enough boys to have come across a control freak.

Most girls dont realize what they DONT want in a guy until they encounter the WRONG ones. I bet her and miley will never conform to another guys idea of what a girlfriend SHOULD be.

• anoncomment

Lol @ idiots blaming Selena for this.. smh at stupid girls these days

• anoncomment

SuckMyAnonDick said:

====

And both have reported being in a controlling relationship before
    But im sure if Nick raped someone youd still blame the girl somehow
    lmao jonas fans… as dumb as bieber fans smh

• SuckMyAnonDick