Selena’s Dog Almost Died Eating Rocks

mybabyisinsurgery_0

Selena Gomez’s dog almost died after eating rocks, reports CTV. Three-month-old puppy Baylor got violently ill last Friday after ingesting a large amount of small boulders. The adoption agency she got Baylor from will now visit Selena once a month to make sure she is caring for him properly.

D’Arcy Johnston, chief executive officer of the rescue center: ‘They spent a lot of time with the puppies. I was told that Selena was missing the dogs that she has at home. I wasn’t expecting her to adopt a dog while she was on tour and has a busy schedule. Baylor probably would have had a bad life or a very short life. But he got rescued and brought to our shelter and is now going to live a very good life.’ Joe and Nick’s dogs are always going to the vet, it’s just a freak thing.

• lovemestealmeawayy

this proves shes a bad person. shes a murder!! shes a dog killer!!
    lol rofl..haha just plaiyng but still this is sad

• UlitmateAnon

Joe and Nick’s dogs are always going to the vet, it’s just a freak thing.
    _________
    Wtf. Oceanup you guys can be so annoying. And maybe shes not cut out for a dog now. I mean shes at the peak of her career and has a million things going on she doesnt have time for a dog.

• andainssays

Selena Gomez: The girl who is stupid enough to let her dog eat rocks. lol, dumbass

• Wolfboy

Ya know, puppies eat whatever they can find, my family has actually bred dogs, and has had at least 1 dog since i was born, and unless you watch them 24/7 and do nothing else, they will eat something not great for em, they are dogs, not kids. Even a family that isn’t traveling all the time could loose a puppy to eating rocks, bad dirt, a dead animal, etc. To judge Selena cause her dog ate some rocks just shows ignorance of dogs. Not to mention, she has said over and over, she loves her dogs and misses them, that’s not the sign of a irresponsible pet owner.

• SmellsLikeTeenSpirt

Of all dogs she had to get a Husky? I wonder if she knows just how much work Huskys are? And taking it on tour? A tour bus for months on end is no enviroment for a Husky.They are working dog,bred to run and have been for hundreds of years,and no amount of training or time on the bus is going to change that.They need at least two hours excerise each day and do you really think Selena will do that while she is touring? For the sake of the poor dog she should have picked another breed.The poor dog will be completly miserable…

• AcidPinkLemonade

Around Thanksgiving, my dog ate a chicken bone and died a few days later. Being of old age didn’t help. I let him out of our sight for a few minutes. He was my first pet, besides fish.

However, since she has other dogs that she barely spends time with, she should not have gotten another one, especially one as young as Baylor.

They need to exercise often, it’s hard to do that when you’re on tour and have other priorities. As a previous owner of dogs, she should know this.

• kardashian

She’s only had it for like what a month ?
    I agree with the other comments, she doesn’t have enough time to take care of Baylor, and it’s kind of selfish of Selena to adopt a puppy if she doesn’t have enough time for it, and yeah Baylor won’t have much room on a tour bus, and Baylor won’t like travelling lots, she needs to be in a stable environment. But I understand why Selena wanted a puppy, she probably misses having a pet, since she doesn’t see her other dogs often.

• -samsmiles

Celebrity’s and their show pets… :/

• mimi

thank god is not a kid, she only has it for months and he had to have surgery omg. this is not good parenting.

• YavrigsKatkout

Same thing happened with my dog. It’s not her fault !!

• l?veislouder

Wolfboy said:

—————————————-
    actually, it is. as you said, you need to watch a puppy all the time and train them properly. that’s why I hate that so many people get puppies, not realizing what real work they are. they think, ‘yeah, it’s hard work, but I’ll be fine.’ no, it’s serious work. a dog cannot be ignorant, but the owner can. you can love and miss dogs all you want, but if you let your dog have the opportunity to eat hazardous objects, then you are not fit to have a dog, and you should not have one.

• l?veislouder

SmellsLikeTeenSpirt said:

—————————————–
    exactly. I had a husky, and I was the only person in my house ever taking care of her, and it was only fair to her that she go to another home with people who could care for her, since I was leaving to college in less than a year. I knew better than to leave her with my mom. if she was still there, she would be left alone literally all day. actually, my mom probably would’ve gotten rid of her without saying anything to me, so at least the dog didn’t have to live in one place for quite some time before being placed somewhere else.

• l?veislouder

The Gomez adoption hasn’t helped the shelter, he said, adding while it has raised its profile there’s been no influx of donations.

I know that the shelter is dependent on donations, but that’s a little selfish and rude of him to say that the adoption didn’t increase donations, as if he was owed that.

• SmellsLikeTeenSpirt

THIS! Espically Huskys,I have two at home and they were serious hard work and needed alot of attention and time,and thats for me,I can only imagine that Selena would have little time to spend with the dog and as I said before and tour bus is no place for a Husky.People get Huskys not realising how much hard work they are and the poor dogs get dumped or put into the pound due to no fault of thier own.

• PERRYTWINKLE

Aw :(

• l?veislouder

because nearly dying from eating rocks is such a great life >.< what the hell is this girl thinking? she has four or five others dogs that she never sees, what is she doing going and adopting another one? Baylor is small enough now to be moved around, but in another 4-5 months, he’ll too big to travel with her, and he’ll be just the same as the other dogs. someone who has time for (and the knowledge to not let the dog eat a damn boulder) the dog should have adopted him

• l?veislouder

wavy said:

was she not feeding him? only reason he would be looking for food by himself.
    ——————————————-
    not true. dogs will eat themselves to death if given the chance, but it is Selena’s responsibility to make sure her dog doesn’t eat damn rocks. -_____-

• SmellsLikeTeenSpirt

Aww :( I’m sorry you have to give her up,But I suppose it was the right thing to do for her,I really admire that you put the dog first,most people wouldn’t do that :) They are beautiful dog but certinaly are hard work xD

• l?veislouder

——————————————-
    they really are. I loved her, but my mom, who INSISTED on having a say in her name, wanted no part in taking care of her, and of course, my brother didn’t do a damn thing either, not even feed her or at least play with her. I would take her to the dog park and let her run around for hours. she was 8 months old, so she needed more exercise than ever. no one else would do that =/ I couldn’t leave her in a home where she wouldn’t get anything. but as soon as I can, I am getting a husky and properly taking care of it :) as well as a German Shepherd and a Shiba Inu :)

• addisonmarie

Nothing against Selena but I don’t see why she got another dog. She already has 4 that she never really sees. She got this dog, had him for 2 weeks, and then leaves for a week and a half. It’s great that she adopted a dog but I feel like people should only get dogs if they have the time to look after them and care for them. Not leave them with someone else.

• ljs1202

OceanUp you say the silliest things-when is Nick’s dog “always going to the vet”? Anyway, I volunteer at our local humane society and puppies are just like babies-you have to keep an eye on them. They also get very bored and need toys and SAFE things to chew on to keep them occupied. If Selena doesn’t have time for the pup, her assistants should or she shouldn’t have a dog right now-simple as that.

• Anonymous-

Joe and Nick’s dog are probably going to the vet regularly because that’s what good dog owners do…

• nightshades

poor dog.

• mags

didnt someone tell her you cant feed dogs rocks?

• xGottaLoveOU?

poor dog!

• jilti

Pet shelter says it wasn’t that bad and they aren’t going monitor her:

She was in Europe, and probably left the puppy with her parents. The problem is that she always will be traveling

• Miley_Jonas

Who called Selena being a horrible pet owner? Ya… me.

• atls

You guys most know nothing about dogs. Yes selena had been not feeding him the right thing. Dogs tend to chew on rocks if they are lacking minerals this poor dog probably swallowed them on accident.

• l?veislouder

YavrigsKatkout said:

Same thing happened with my dog. It’s not her fault !!
    ———————————–
    yes it is, and it’s your fault too. if you can’t watch a dog and care for it properly, don’t have one. it’s as simple as that.

• l?veislouder

atls said:

—————————————
    puppies tend to chew on anything. it was chewing to chew; that dog doesn’t know it was lacking minerals -____-
    seems like you (and Selena) don’t know a thing or two about dogs.

• themilenator

Poor dog :c
    & based on comments here she’s touring?!
    Yeah I think she shouldn’t have gotten the puppy in the first place if she was too busy to care for it..

• themilenator

Preach @loveislouder!

• oceanUP

gorgeousselena forever!

• l?veislouder

themilenator said:

Preach @loveislouder!
    ————————————-
    Miley Christ blesses your soul

xD

• xAskTaylorx

Hahaha! Poor Baylor.

• l?veislouder

I wonder why Claudia hasn’t come to this post to defend Selena with a ridiculous excuse. she must be too busy stanning Miley; oh look, she is!

• lov2shop123

At least the orphanage is doing something about it and not letting it slip since she is a celebrity and they could just ignore the fact that she was not taking care of her dog properly.

• Entertainmentlove

i bet selena was too busy sucking the bieber dick. too have noticed that smh.

• SunFlower

Entertainmentlove said:

i bet selena was too busy sucking the bieber dick. too have noticed that smh.

——————-

Cannot help but to laugh at your comment.

• Entertainmentlove

——————-

Can’t help but not to laugh at your comment.
    ============================
    *claps*

• Live.Love.Learn.
  • wavy

was she not feeding him? only reason he would be looking for food by himself.

• memi trumps sel

wavy said:

was she not feeding him? only reason he would be looking for food by himself

thats what I was thinking. It sounds like she missed her dogs at home so she just addopted a new one to keep her mind off her other dogs.