Taylor Swift #2 TOUR EARNER OF 2011

taylorswiftinrock-38

U2 played 25 shows making $156 million and Taylor Swift performed 80 shows earning $97.7 million. Kenny Chesney $84.6 million, Lady Gaga $63.7 million, Bon Jovi $57.1 million. In Rock scans via TaySwift.com.

• xDemiSmiley

I sure hope this is just a stupid hater who photoshopped this !

• thisloveisours

@xDemiSmiley LOL

• CaliSwag

nope actually i don’t like her, at all, either, she’s just MEH, irrelevant.
    lol shes not irrelevant

• xDemiSmiley

thisloveisours said:

@xDemiSmiley LOL

Haha .. You’r icon is gorgeous !

• xDemiSmiley

It’s so dead .. :(

• Lantonia

I’m here.. Kind of.

• xDemiSmiley
  • UlitmateAnon

I think I’m the only one here who doesn’t like her… at all.
    ________
    Nope. And U2 is still shitting on everyone lol

• SubwayToVenus

Omg this has been SO FUCKING DEAD it’s not even funny, what the hell happened?

• Disco.Is.Dead

AWNN YEAAH. <3

• Lilly

Yeah, that’s right, my boys didn’t even play a real tour, it was just to make up for last year where Bono got injured and they’re still the top earner.

#1 U2

#10 Sade
    Total Gross: $53,178,550
    Number of Shows: 59
    Number of Sell-Outs: 21
    Total Attendance: 588,693

• SunFlower

*Squints eyes* Mmmmmm… You know the more that I look at Taylor Swift then the more she starts to resemble a Barbie Doll. O_o

#11 Michael Bublé – $49,856,921
    #21 Kylie Minogue – $32,559,439
    #22 Neil Diamond – $31,303,070
    #23 Enrique Iglesias – $30,811,001
    #24 Jason Aldean – $27,768,963
    #25 Toby Keith - $27,313,132

• Lilly

I think the reason why the list OU posted is is weird, wherever they got it from, is cause it only counted the money the artist made from concerts in the US. Weird cause it’s a list of top tour earner, not supposed to matter where the tour was.

Anyways Taylor mostly play tours in the US while Bon Jovi, Take That, Roger Waters all played a lot of concerts in other countries which apparently doesn’t count.

@Lilly
    I LOVE YOUR ICON! *dead*

• truthtalker

CaliSwag said:
    nope actually i don’t like her, at all, either, she’s just MEH, irrelevant.
    lol shes not irrelevant

___

ohh noo, what a silly idea (i’m being sarcastic, she’s more irrelevant the the colour of a hobbo’s underpants,)

• StarLightSTARbright

i will kill to see paul mccartney in concert. that’s literally number one on my bucket list.

SubwayToVenus said:
    Music nowdays is PURE SHIT. I do not even listen to contemporary music anymore, I miss the 80’s and 90’s.
    It’s just no one try to make anything new or different than generic pop music cause they know it sell. Why do you think Adele was praise so much this year? She was like a breath of fresh air

• SubwayToVenus

NO ONE IS FUCKING ON KATY IS GETTING DIVORCED WHAT HAS THE WORLD COME TO :(((((((((((((((((((((((((

WHAT?? best couple in the world is getting divorced?

• Firework

WHAT?? best couple in the world is getting divorced?

CRYING

Yep.
    One of the reasons why I was SO FREAKING dissapointed on Demi’s last album, I couldn’t believe what I was listening to.

• Lilly

aw :( i hope you feel better! is there going to be a ~party here at midnight or so like the past couple years?
    Thanks
    lol no, do you see how dead this place is? :P
    No one from our days is on anymore, people hardly comments, it’s like a graveyard.

• SmellsLikeTeenSpirt

Foo Fighters were the best concerts i’ve ever been to! :D Paul McCartney comes in a pretty close second or third :D

lol i love this comment! hi lilly :D
    —————-
    STARBRIGHT!!!

Long time no see, how are you? :D
    _______________
    I KNOW! i’m great! how about you? i miss you :(

• kattt.

Lilly I think we have the same taste in music. I’m obsessed w/ Mumford and Sons and folk band like theirs as well as music from the 60s and then some 70s and 80s, but not a lot.

have you guys heard home from mumford & sons?i’m obsessed, it’s so perfect

• SunFlower

@Vintagelover

U2 is one of the best rock band that has been playing for many decades in our generation.

I KNOW! i’m great! how about you? i miss you :(
    That’s good, I’m doing pretty well except for the fact that I’m currently sick in bed :(
    I’ve missed you too :)

• SubwayToVenus

U2, BEST BAND IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW. No other artist is even close. Period.

SmellsLikeTeenSpirt said:
    =======
    Wow, you seen Foo Fighters and Paul McCartney? I would LOVE to go to their concerts.

kattt. said:
    I love any music from the 50s-80s, I’m one of those annoying people who believe music was better back in those days but can you blame me? For current music groups, I mostly listen to British folk bands.

• SmellsLikeTeenSpirt

SmellsLikeTeenSpirt said:
    =======
    Yeah :D I’ve seen Foo Fighters I think,five times and Paul McCartney twice :) You should definatly try to get to see them at least once! :) Amazing concerts :)

• SmellsLikeTeenSpirt

Can’t wait untill June! Chili Peppers in Croke Park and it’s rumoured Foo Fighters will be playing Phoenix Park sometime this year too :D

StarLightSTARbright said:
    have you guys heard home from mumford & sons?i’m obsessed, it’s so perfect
    No I haven’t heard of this, I don’t think they play it at the concert I went to. Thanks for sharing :)

• Lilly

Yeah, I especially want to see Paul McCartney, I try to see him last year but tickets were so pricey. :( Plus I figured I was already seeing U2 that year that was until they postponed the concert.

SubwayToVenus said:
    U2, BEST BAND IN THE WORLD RIGHT NOW. No other artist is even close. Period.
    THIS

SunFlower said:
    @Vintagelover

Exactly, though it’s sad there’s really no competition

• SubwayToVenus

I’ve already saw their concert here at the 02 arena, MOST AMAZING DAY OF MY LIFE.
    I love Rhcp and true love lasts forever <3.
    My favorite band, now and always.

• SubwayToVenus

Though smellsliketeenspirit, I’m kind of mad at Josh right now because of his Californication solo, JOHN MUST COME BACK :(

I KNOW! i’m great! how about you? i miss you :(
    I’ve missed you too :)
    _____________

• Firework

SubwayToVenus said:
    ______________
    well… there is a lot of talent out there still. for example adele, arcade fire, mumford & sons, florence + the machine

• SubwayToVenus

WHAT?? best couple in the world is getting divorced?

CRYING

Why, when, how??

• SMAD

u2 vs taylor is really impressive

kattt. said:
    Does anybody remember back in like June 09 when Niley got back together because Disney made them do that song and video together? I can’t remember what it was called, but everyone was FREAKING out over it haha.
    ______________
    i remember the post for when they performed it live together, i believe it was near fathers day lol i shipped them so hard back then

• Lilly

me too :( i agree, everyone was pretty much friends with everyone, you can let off some steam and have someone(or even multiple people) comfort you :\ i knew we weren’t going to be on here forever, but i didn’t even get everyone’s tumblrs or twitter accounts lol
    Yeah, IDT anyone thought it would end so quickly you know. One day people just stop coming.

• kattt.

I’m going to the mountains for New Years. Boring because I’ll have to be DD and just sit and watch everyone else get crazy.

_____________
    yup :\ it happened like right before summer, which was bad timing lol

STARBRIGHT GET IN THE OTHER POST STARLIGHT’S HERE :D

The new one about Demi that is :P

__________
    omg same here! well technically i’m not going to the mountains, it’s the ~foothills lol but yeah i tried begging my mom not for us to go but she said we have to -_- she has a good friend that lives up there and her daughter used to be my best friend but since they moved i’m not close to her anymore. i hate being in isolated places like the country or the mountains, i love being around people and the city

Starbright–
    I’ll be at the foothills too haha. I just say mountains because it’s easier. Either way, it’s not where I want to be lol.

Starbright–
    ______________
    lol i get what you mean :p same here, reason #547854 i need internet on my phone lol
    anyway we are in the new post now! :D

• Disco.Is.Dead

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY ACCOUNT <3

Firework said:
    No offense but I think a lot of people saw that coming. Nothing in Hollywood lasts anyways

• Firework

Why, when, how??

GOOGLE IT

_____________

Well of course, lots of amazing bands STILL make music right now, but I don’t think there are much NEW artists that are actually worth it.

StarLightSTARbright said:
    SubwayToVenus said:
    ______________
    Not every single music that is put out in the world is terrible but nowadays we’re bombard by generic stuff and you really have to go look and search for good music.

Thanks
    lol no, do you see how dead this place is? :P
    ________________
    booo! i was actually going through some old posts and seeing all the old users earlier, sooo much nostalgia. those were the good days :(
    do you still use twitter? i will be making one next month once i get internet on my phone lol

Yep.
    —————
    Demi’s album was terrible, she completely sold out. I was hoping her stint in rehab would have influence her music to be more truthful, emotional, mature, boy was I wrong.

• SubwayToVenus

So, russell asked for the divorced, poor Katy, I always knew she loved him more than he loved her.

StarLightSTARbright said:
    Same here

• SubwayToVenus

I know, Demi’s music had always been “different” from the other Disney stuff, and I was like, well after the rehab she will actually make me cry the hell out of me, but I was wrong, she made crappy pop music with no feelings at all.

StarLightSTARbright said:
    SubwayToVenus said:
    ______________
    _______________
    oh ia. it seems all it is today is mainstream, boring pop music. people trying to make some moolah rather than doing it because they have a genuine love for it imo

SubwayToVenus said:

_______________
    i like fix a heart, that one has to be my fave. but ia, idk what happened there :\

• kattt.

Just wondering, is anyone else a Bon Iver fan? Some of the best music out there right now that is somewhat popular.
    I’ve liked them for a while, and I’m listening to the song Holocene now which made me think of asking haha.
    But I totally agree with y’all that most mainstream music is total shit,
    although there are TONS of great underground bands, just hard to find.

• Lilly

IK, it’s so sad, we had such good times on here. I remember how late we would all stay up just because we wanted to keep talking and not say goodnight. There really wasn’t a more better time on OU than when we were all on. I really do miss talking to everyone.
    Yes, I do. I’m not as on as much as I used to be but I tweet a couple times a week.
    It’s http://twitter.com/#!/SillyLillyy :)

It’s http://twitter.com/SillyLillyy :)

It’s twitter.com/SillyLillyy :)

kattt. said:
    But I totally agree with you that most mainstream music is total shit,
    although there are TONS of great underground bands, just hard to find.
    ____________
    YESS
    i actually found out about them when i was listening to their i can’t make you love me cover, it’s so beautiful. i’m glad they are getting some recognition with their grammy nominations.

______________

Fix a heart, For the love of a daughter, Skyscraper, that’s it.

• Lilly

Such wasted potential, I think she actually could have made a really good album if she just tap into her emotional instead of trying to make money.

But I totally agree with y’all that most mainstream music is total shit,
    although there are TONS of great underground bands, just hard to find.
    —————
    YES! I LOVE THEM!!
    Their music is absolutely incredible, if anyone caught my top albums of the year list you would see I listed them at #2.

In a way I like finding new indie bands to listen to, it’s like finding a gem but I also feel bad that all these great bands and music don’t get the credit they deserve.

YESS
    _____
    I’m glad too, I just hope they don’t get too big. I know that sounds like I’m a total hipster, but it’s just because I went to their concert about 8 months to a year ago and it was sooo small and fantastic. I don’t want them to have to start doing massive concerts and everyone become obsessed with them like people are with Mumford and Sons now.
    Either way thought, I’m glad they are getting praise.

• Lilly

I don’t know how that music is even popular. I have no problem with pop music, I like good music but for the life of me I don’t even know how songs like “I’m Sexy and I Know” it even get made and are #1.

• Lilly

Fix a heart, For the love of a daughter, Skyscraper, that’s it.
    For the love of a Daughter was the only song I liked and it wasn’t even new, it was supposed to go on her last album.

It’s twitter.com/SillyLillyy :)
    _______________________
    yes! omg :( i remember being on here during the olympics, now that was fun lol. i forgot who it was but the big hockey game america vs. canada was going to be on that day and we were debating with a girl(i think her username had coffee in it, she was a nick fan but lol who wasn’t at the time tbh) that lived in canada which country was better then canada won the hockey game smh :b or the times when people would be like alright party at 1am and everyone would show up, sighh
    alright! i’ll keep the link and i’ll let you know when i make one :D

SubwayToVenus said:
    ______________

Fix a heart, For the love of a daughter, Skyscraper, that’s it.
    _______________
    omg yess this is my exact list too! good taste lol

• Lilly

I think I’m like part hipster, like I like a lot of similar stuff they do but I don’t really feel the need to dislike them once they go big. As long as they stay the same and don’t lose sight of who they are, I’ll continue to like them.

alright! i’ll keep the link and i’ll let you know when i make one :D
    Oh yes the Olympics, it was like a friendly rivalry between the Americans and the Canadians. I still remember saying, “this is coming from people who drink milk out of bags” XD
    Do you remember our “lesbian parties” where we would post picture of who we thought was hot or “Sarah Day”? XD
    Yeah I miss the times where all we had to do is announced when we were meeting up and everyone would show up. :(
    Okay cool, I’ll keep an eye out :)

• SubwayToVenus

ix a heart, For the love of a daughter, Skyscraper, that’s it.
    _______________
    omg yess this is my exact list too! good taste lol

Haha, thankssss

• Lilly

I’ll starting to remember all the good times we had on here. I think that’s why I still come here, I have some strange attachment to this place.

• kattt.

Oh man, I remember those “Sarah Day.”
    I had a different username then, but I can’t remember it, hence why I’m using this one I made a while back. (I still have no idea why I had 2 accounts, but I never used this one haha.)

kattt. said:
    Oh man, I remember those “Sarah Day.”
    I think I still have my icon I used that day :P

alright! i’ll keep the link and i’ll let you know when i make one :D
    Okay cool, I’ll keep an eye out :)
    ________________________
    lmao yes! and someone said that canada was just a hat for america or something like that lol
    haha yeah someone posted a picture of paula deen once! :D everyone had icons for sarah day lol do you remember what month we did that?
    yup :\ i wonder where everyone’s at..

• kattt.

I remember when post would get like 1000-1200 comments and it’d be those HUGE fights where the post would get sooooo long. I stopped coming on for a long time, so I’m not sure if that still goes on, but I just remember being on here for so long and never wanting to get off because I wanted to watch all the dramatic fights.

______________
    same. sometimes i randomly think about oceanup and wonder if this site is still around lol but every time i come on just to see the comments and who’s on there’s either nobody here or people i never saw before

• Lilly

yup :\ i wonder where everyone’s at..
    Yes and we can’t forget the Nelena reunion post!
    I still keep in touch with a handful on twitter but most I’ve haven’t spoken to in more than a year :(

kattt. said:
    Exactly, there was always something entertaining to watch. I remember Mercedes would always bring out the popcorn. I remember Drob vs. Jason/Everyone and LiteeBri vs. Me/Dumma/Everyone :P

___
    Yes! I know this sounds totally lame, but I wish there was a way for us to get everyone who used to ‘regulars’ on here and all of us get back on for like a day. (If only I had my old account so people would remember who I was hahah).

• leopardgomez

dead..

• Lilly

IK, I had a long break from here doing the school year and when I came back, I could barely recognize the place.

• SunFlower

*Throws glitter*

Lilly said:
    yup :\ i wonder where everyone’s at..
    Yes and we can’t forget the Nelena reunion post!
    _________________
    oh yes! and when ou would post pictures from the nj&ta concert that night when he was on tour, how fun those posts were.. lol
    aw :\ well at least you still talk to some of them!

• memi trumps sel

Cool

• kattt.

It’s kind of sad that U2 played under a third of what she played but they still made ~$50 million more than her.

___
    ______________
    that’s not lame! that’s a good idea. :) but i don’t have contact when some of the people :\

• kattt.

Did Justin Bieber not tour this year (I have no idea)? Because if he did, I’m surprised his fans didn’t spend boat loads of money on merch and stuff and get him in the top tours.

• PermanantDecemberXO

I think I’m the only one here who doesn’t like her… at all.

• truthtalker

PermanantDecemberXO said:
    I think I’m the only one here who doesn’t like her… at all.

nope actually i don’t like her, at all, either, she’s just MEH, irrelevant.

Dead or alive?

—————-
    It’s not lame, I wish there was a day we could all be on OU together again but it’s just not gonna happen, there’s so many people that aren’t in contact with anyone.

• Lilly

aw :\ well at least you still talk to some of them!
    It’s funny how the posts were almost the same everyday but we would never run out of things to talk about. I miss that. It was nice knowing you had friends here that you could talk to whatever. Sometimes it was easier to talk on here than to people irl.

• StarLightSTARbright

so what are you guys doing for new years eve?

• Your Love is my Drug

kattt. said:
    He did, but it was like the ending of his tour. Like he toured everywhere in 2010, and finished with South America in early 2011

Lilly said:
    aw :\ well at least you still talk to some of them!
    ______________

StarLightSTARbright said:
    so what are you guys doing for new years eve?
    I’m going to my friend’s party, he has an amazing view of the city at night

kattt. said:
    Yes, the one about nature, right?
    I remember when there would be countless of posts dedicated to who people thought Nick’s songs were about :P

• Lantonia

>_>

kattt. said:
    To be fair, Taylor is no where close to the level that U2 is on. U2 is almost at the level of when the Rolling Stones go on tour or Paul McCartney. Forget selling out Madison Square Garden, that’s small news, I’m talking about selling out Yankee Stadium, selling Wrigley Field. Forget playing in front of 20,000 people a night, let’s talk about 80,000.

• jilti

#9 André Rieu
    Total Gross: $67,104,756
    Number of Shows: 102
    Number of Sell-Outs: 15
    Total Attendance: 657,757

I love André Rieu. good learn he’s making money.

@Lilly
    I LOVE YOUR ICON! *dead*
    THANK YOU!

You I think I saw someone with an Arthur Darvill icon on here before. If we get an Amy Pond/Karen Gillan, Team TARDIS will be complete! XD

THANK YOU!

_____

I’d get one if I didn’t like my current icon so much haha. I didn’t know there were other Dr. Who fans on here!

EDIT: I just saw you say you got to see U2 this year. I’m superrrr jealous!

• Lilly

I’m so glad I got to got to go see U2 this year, one of the best moments of my life

• Lilly

EDIT: I just saw you say you got to see U2 this year. I’m superrrr jealous!
    There are but most don’t come on expecting anyone else to be a fan. That’s another reason why I have this icon so Doctor Who fans can find me. XD

They were amazing, I’ve loved them ever since I was young and their song have such an emotional tie to me, I was tearing up the whole time.

• Lilly

I’ve seen a lot of concerts, concerts by bands I love (i.e. Mumford & Sons), concerts that I got free tickets to (i.e. Lady Gaga), and concerts I got dragged to see cause I was taking my friend for their birthday (i.e. Taylor Swift) but none of them come close to seeing U2 live and none of them will ever will. (Okay, maybe if I ever see Paul McCartney or the Rolling Stone or really any band from the 60s XD)

• vintagelovers

is u2 really good live? they’re always #1

vintagelovers said:
    is u2 really good live? they’re always #1
    Is U2 good? Is U2 good?!
    They’re a whole lot better than good, try freaking amazing.

U2 is the biggest band of the past decade, maybe even past couple decades as there’s been a shortage of rock bands. Basically I can’t think of a single artist that could top them in this list.

______________