Nick Jonas THE ADVOCATE INTERVIEW

nick-jonas-shirtless-pic-1

Nick Jonas interview with the gay magazine The Advocate: You’re the youngest celebrity I’ve ever interviewed. Nick: Oh, really? You might also be the smartest, so I won’t go easy on you. Sounds good to me. Girls go wild for Jonas Brothers, but are you also aware of your gay male following? Yeah, we love our gay fans. It was definitely cool when we realized that, because the more you can grow your audience, the more people you can impact.

They’ve been incredible over the years. My brothers and I totally look forward to meeting them, because they really respond to our style, and it’s cool to see how our influence has impacted what they’re wearing. They also give really good gifts at our meet-and-greets, hats, scarves, and other things. They always have good taste. Do any gay people help you look so dapper? Definitely. We work with a lot of gay people as part of our team, and they’re amazing. We’re blessed to have..

..them. Are there gays in your circle of friends? Obviously, doing musical theater, I’ve had a lot of gay friends over the years. Les Misérables in London in 2010 was my first reentry back into theater, and my gay castmates in particular were really helpful to me during that transition. I’ve kept in touch with all of them, and it’s great when I can go back and see them, get some food together, talk, and have a good laugh.

Perez Hilton is also a good gay friend to have.
Yes, Perez is an amazing guy. He’s been a big supporter of my brothers and me, and he’s been an amazing support as I’ve transitioned back into theater. I loved that he came out to see Hairspray at the Hollywood Bowl, and I know he’s going to come see How to Succeed. I’m blessed to have him as a friend as well.

Did you make gay friends during your Broadway debut at the age of 8 in Annie Get Your Gun?
Yeah, my first exposure to Broadway was probably my first exposure to gay people, and it was great. It was exciting to be around likeminded people who were also passionate about music and performing.

Did anyone explain to you that some boys like boys and some girls like girls?
I don’t think that conversation needed to be had. I was totally aware, I understood what it meant, and I was totally fine with it. It didn’t confuse me, because I knew it was all about love. I was raised in a really open home where the policy was love.

Yet it was an evangelical Christian home, and your father was a preacher.
My upbringing was faith-based, but we believed you should love all others as you want to be loved, because everyone should be treated equally. That’s helped me have an understanding of people on different journeys and in different walks of life. At the end of the day, we’re all the same, because we all want to be loved. As long as love as the key, we’re in good shape.

When a number of LGBT blogs posted pictures of you hugging antigay Saddleback Church pastor Rick Warren in 2010, some readers wondered if you might share his beliefs on issues like gay marriage.
My friends are my friends, and people that I’m acquainted with don’t necessarily share the same opinions as I do, and that’s how I’ll put that. My thoughts on gay marriage are that everyone has the right to love and be loved, and that’s the position I take.

A wholesome, conservative image has somewhat defined the Jonas Brothers; at the height of the group’s popularity, the media focused a lot on your purity rings, for example. As the three of you get older and branch out into other individual interests, would you like to distance yourself from that image?
I don’t think we separate ourselves from that, but my brothers and I have come into our own as men in the past few years, and that’s played a major part in who we are and how we’ve carried ourselves. It’s important for us to remember that we have values and morals, but each of us have taken the responsibility that we have as a man to be exactly who we’re supposed to be, whatever that means for us as individuals. We still have a good image; however, we’ve each made choices that have defined who we are as people. I’m comfortable with who I am as a man now, and I’m blessed to be in the position I am in life.

How to Succeed’s Radcliffe and Criss have both supported the Trevor Project and the It Gets Better campaign. Would you like to get involved with the cause?
Absolutely. Once I join the show, I plan to do all I can on a few different efforts, including Trevor Project and Broadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS. I want to inspire all young people, whether they’re diabetic, being bullied, or just having a hard time at home. Dealing with diabetes has been tough, but I’ve also been so blessed, and I feel I can give real encouragement and inspiration to young people dealing with similar issues.

What words of encouragement do you have for the young victims of antigay bullying?
Know that there are people out there who can comfort you and give you the support that you need, so tell an authority at school or wherever it is you’re being bullied. It really breaks my heart to see that. Bullying is unacceptable, and specifically with gay teens, it’s just wrong. Everyone needs to realize that this is a major issue, and we need to do anything we can to help. I’ve heard so many of our gay fans speak about how one of my songs, “Who I Am,” has inspired them. It’s a song that I wrote in a moment of coming into my own as a man, discovering how my whole world was setting up as an adult. It was great to see people connect to that song in their own way, specifically bullied gay teens who were encouraged to be exactly who they are.

As someone who was homeschooled, can you relate to feeling bullied or feeling different as a kid?
Well, I was in regular school until I was about 10 or 11, and I can specifically remember moments where my classmates didn’t quite understand what I was doing every day when I would go into the city and perform on Broadway. Feeling like an outsider in that sense was so frustrating for me, because they had no way of connecting, and I couldn’t connect with them either. People who are feeling bullied and people who feel like outsiders should talk to their parents and guardians about finding a place with likeminded people where they can feel accepted. That’s what I needed and that’s what I found with musical theater.

There are also a lot of JoBros haters out there, and it’s not uncommon to see you and your brothers called “fags” all over the Internet. How do you handle that negativity?
First of all, that word is not one that I use, and it upsets me when people use it, but that negativity doesn’t really get to me. Having haters is just a part of the business, and the more haters you have, the more people like you — that’s how I view it, because I try to see the positive in things. Sometimes it’s so ridiculous that you just have to laugh. You just have to keep your head up and keep going.

Even a big action star like Hugh Jackman gets teased on Saturday Night Live for doing Broadway musicals.
Exactly. Yeah, Hugh Jackman is the man, and I know that guy just lifts his head up and keeps rolling. Some people can be dense and don’t have the capacity to understand having culture be a part of your world. That just comes with the territory.

What can you tell me about your upcoming guest appearance on NBC’s Smash?
I’m very excited about it. I play a character named Lyle West, a former Broadway kid who grows up and comes into mainstream success and a lot of money.

So it’s a stretch.
[Laughs] Right. One of his old friends is the director of the show Marilyn, and he has a party for Lyle, and Angelica Huston’s character tries to get him to invest in the show. Angelica Huston is obviously a legend, so the scenes I got to do with her were really fun. The whole cast is incredible, and it was an amazing time. I also get to do a cover of a Michael Bublé song that I’m excited for people to hear.

Radcliffe was last seen on Broadway in Equus, which required him to be naked. If asked, would you have replaced him in that show too?
[Laughs] I love theater and I understand the difference between acting and who you are as a person. I don’t know that it’s something I would’ve done in the end, but I definitely would’ve considered it. You have to be open to everything.

OKAY.
    I am a Christian, I live by the bible and believe it to be true. Sure I love homosexuals the same as everyone else.

That DOESNT change the fact that it’s against the bible (Check out Romans 1, it’s an abomination)

If someone says the don’t believe in God, want nothing to do with Christianity, and your for homosexuality then that’s your choice.

Everyone has the freedom to choose Christ or not, it’s not like God is saying homosexuality is the unforgivable line.

WHAT I do not like is those who claim to be Christian which means follower of Christ then completely go against what His word says.
    OR that homosexuals want to get married in church and by a pastor. There are other ways for marriage, please keep it out of my God’s house.

OKAY.

LOL. Jonas brothers don’t have gay fans :S they don’t have even fans at all.

And you’re here because…? Bitch, please, go live your miserable, sad, pathetic life while Nick, Joe and Kevin get richer and richer each and every day (:

Oh. He’s funny. He’s like one of those people who brag about having “black friends”.

• StreetlightManifesto

He’s so fug. God bless.

then why do you care how nick as raised…hahahahah GTFO

• thisloveisours

umm wtf? i can’t picture nick saying any of this tbh

Here comes the Jonas haters lol

Nick has gay friends from les Mis idk why you guys are surprised or think he’s being fake

• thisloveisours

• Jade

Well, actually this interview does seem a little bit too.. good to be true. His answers seem to be carefully chosen, with lots of “impressive” words. It kinda looks like the way Nick would talk, but the lack of photos or a real description of this interview are kind of weird. He must have been interviewed by a phone, but… IDK… and also there IS a source to prove this really happened, although it doesn’t mean anything.

Gosh, I’m confused.

• marian

Haters need to masturbate so they MIGHT be happy for once and Stop hating without any reason

i know right..? and you didn’t hear this from me but matt lucas the gay guy that was in les miz couldn’t stand nick so if he’s so accepting of gays why did that guy not like him ——- lol k

^ Only God can judge us ! suck on that you homophobic bitch

I love how he says whatever people want to hear for the interview-you know at the end of the day he’s a Bible thumping homophobe just like his father, because that’s the way he was raised. But now he’s on Broadway and he’s gotta sell those tickets, so he LOVES them! So fake…

how do you know hes still even religious tho? i mean joe is obviously not anymore

• Anthony

Uh, Nick has always been well-spoken, and although I’m not a huge fan, this doesn’t seem too far-fetched. I don’t see how it’s fake.

thisloveisours said:

yeah i remember that interview where he was kind of making fun of him about praying before every show

he doesn’t even talk to any of the les miz people anymore, oh and plus he doesn’t have friends period lol

Jan 18, 2012 @ 11:43 am

Lol because you would know if he talks or not to them

• entertainmentlove

ewww needs a tan.

Um Joe is religious, he went to church in NYC last time he was there..

Jan 18, 2012 @ 11:44 am
    —— I grew up in a very narrow minded environment and had that backwards mentality most of my childhood and teenage years, now I’m 18 and no longer think that way

Jan 18, 2012 @ 11:43 am

Lol because you would know if he talks or not to them

Yep I do actually

Jan 18, 2012 @ 11:44 am

uh good for you? i really don’t care about how you were raised

• marian

I AM A CHRISTIAN AND I LOVE GAY PEOPLE, WHY IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?
    JUST BECAUSE YOU LOVE JESUS DOESN’T MEAN YOU HAVE A CLOSE MIND

Yep I do actually

lol that’s why they always tweet eachother right…

• l?veislouder

did it occur to you that maybe he had issues with Nick that had nothing to do with sexuality issues?

• Sam

But i am a fan and my friend it.. so that means they do have fans.
    I know theres a lot more to.
    You must like Bieber?

That was a very untrue fact. Get them straight before spreading hate.7

“because the three of us aren’t gay” but he didn’t say none of them were gay just that the 3 of them aren’t, hmmmm

uh good for you? i really don’t care about how you were raised
    ——————

well maybe you should think twice before speaking for every christian person next time.

• SofiSaphier

I AM A CHRISTIAN AND I LOVE GAY PEOPLE, WHY IS IT SO HARD TO UNDERSTAND?
    JUST BECAUSE YOU LOVE JESUS DOESN’T MEAN YOU HAVE A CLOSE MIND

———————————————————————————————–

Mirian, if you are Christian, you should not say you love gay people… I mean, I am Christian, I DO respect gay people, but I do not agree with homosexuality, because it is a sin and God hates sin.

• m

Anonymous [86.177.31.219] said:
    ^ Only God can judge us ! suck on that you homophobic bitch
    —————————
    Not everyone believes in God.
    Anyway even if they did your comment is extremely stupid. God doesn’t judge anyone. God(if real) doesn’t show his face nor communicate with his worshipers.

• l?veislouder

okay, I can’t pull Bible verses out of my ass, but if people are gonna be so up-the-butt about taking everything the Bible says to heart, then I’m just gonna assume that they don’t get haircuts and also make a habit out of cutting babies in half.

• Lilly

Since everyone’s talking about Bible verses, I’m just gonna leave this here

this is totally fake people!! Come on! If you are a true Jonas fan you have to know that Nick doesn’t talk like that! And all the answers Nick Jonas does are short and those ones are TOO LONG!

• l?veislouder

IA, Darren also has a lot of teen fans and a lot of people are upset with his fans for ruining the show

Good for you, when my sister went she got Dan and John autograph after the show and she said this one girl right in front asked very loudly who John was right in front of him.
    Darren has a lot of immature fans, not just teenie, and I find there’s a difference. I didn’t see anything too out of line when I saw the show, but a lot of people also blindly thought he was flawless, and he wasn’t =/ I could definitely see all the hard work and effort he was putting in though! so I won’t take that away from him. he was trying, he definitely was.

and that’s just horrible. John was AMAZING! I told him he was fantastic and I was going to miss him so much. he thanked me, and then he realized I was near tears when I told him that, and he looked at me in amazement, and then said a real genuine thank you again. he and Daniel were the whole show, and to completely disrespect the man like that? horrible! I don’t even understand how someone could not realize who John was if they JUST saw the show; it’s not like he was on stage for two minutes or in the background. he had his own entrance that was acknowledged too. ugh, shameful people >.<

LMFAO to the kid who said that “joe obviously isn’t religious anymore” umm just because you have sex doesnt necessarily mean that youre not religious? you clearly have a very warped view of society.

• Lilly

I think everyone should know proper etiquette for seeing a play or a musical, it’s not the same as a concert

• Lilly

From what I heard, people where yelling “I Love You” and “Marry Me” during his performance and apparently a group of his fans from Starkids that didn’t even see the show got kick out for waiting outside cause they were singing his songs

• l?veislouder

Well he needs comeone to guide him thats for sure, he seems very lost lately and like he is not sure who he is anymore. Also I know from experience not having friends plays a part in that because I think we shape ourselves around the people we are around, so when you don’t have that you feel kind of lost you know
    yeah, I completely agree. I just don’t know how you could go to someone you know and say “I think you have a problem and I want to help”, let alone a stranger. most people jump to the defense with things like that, so he wouldn’t take me seriously. in fact, I’d probably get his autograph in the form of a restraining order lol

who is not helping, nor his age. I meant his age, as did the other poster.

Well I mean it’s hard for him to have friends his age in the enviroment he’s in. Most people he works with are older. Demi, Miley etc all hangout with older people.

He’s 19 HE IS A MAN.
    age doesn’t define a person’s maturity.

(replying to this) – Jan 18, 2012 @ 12:22 pm
    SofiSaphier said:

So you do not agree with what every human being does? Because we are all sinners. Romans 3:23 “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God”

Someone who has told one little lie is as much a sinner as someone who is gay in Gods eyes.

And to say you are more a Christian than someone who is accepting of gays is being self righteous and placing yourself closer to God in your own eyes, which is not a good thing to do..Matthew 7:22-23

But keep in mind the majority of the people who are meeting him are meeting him outside of his rehearsal studio. So it makes sense that he would be there alone. It would make him look completely unprofessional if he showed up to work with Delta tagging along, or any friends, etc. I’m sure the other cast members don’t have much time to hang out with him, as the majority of them are also in the show as it is currently running, so they are juggling two jobs, rehearsing with Nick during the day and then appearing on stage each night with Darren.

MDot came out to visit him this week as he twittered a picture of himself with Elvis, and people(not fans) who have run into him at the dog park with Elvis have said he was friendly, chatting with them about dogs and stuff. I think it would be good for him to make friends with normal non famous people and in NYC that will be a lot easier than in LA.

• l?veislouder

and I don’t find that safe or recommended. you need people your own age to get your social skills from, and so you don’t have to be so high strung and not yourself all the time. you need people your own age to just have a simple conversation with.

• l?veislouder

the cast doesn’t rehearse with Nick, the understudies do. they may have rehearsed once or twice on Mondays (Broadway’s night off), but during the week, rehearsals are with understudies and the ensemble.

um are you sure elvis is there with him? why dont he ever mention that?

l?veislouder said:

exactly. and people wonder why child stars grow up so messed up.. its not a normal way of life to never be around people your age and working all the time when you are just a kid/teenager

(replying to this) – Jan 18, 2012 @ 12:22 pmSofiSaphier said:

((ps..sorry if this is a double post))

um are you sure elvis is there with him? why dont he ever mention that?

MDOT was there with Nick in NYC he tweeted a picture of Elvis. Fans have also met him there.

ok

Some of the cast has, I know Beau Bridges at least has mentioned rehearsing with Nick a few times so far. Although you are correct, they probably don’t rehearse with him every day. Which still means they wouldn’t be hanging out with him, since they probably have only met him once or twice in passing.

All the fans hanging out outside the rehearsal studio probably are not helping Nick to make friends with the other actors. I saw a couple people from other shows(not people working with Nick) rehearsing at the studio making snarky comments on Twitter about all the fans hanging about only for Nick, and it made me think that more than likely calls the wrong kind of attention to Nick, like they won’t see him as an equal but a rock star with screaming teenies following him everywhere.

Im sure his cast members are used to that though, harry potter has a lot more tennie fans than the Jonas brothers

• l?veislouder

well I saw the show with Beau, and he needs all the rehearsals he can get. the man, as nice and charming as I find him, is just not good in the role. he’ll never replace John Larroquette to me, but he could at least make an effort to learn his lines. I hope he’s getting better.
    and I’ve been down by the theatre a lot, the actual theatre, not rehearsal studios (I’m friends with the security guard, so I bring him food and chill down there, keep him company), and I see the crowds that formed for Daniel and now Darren, and I see how the other actors are a bit put down because no one is there for them. not that they’re like, whoa is me, I have a sucky life, but I’ve made it my business to know more than half the cast by name and get on a friendly basis with them, just because I understand that the show wouldn’t be anything without them. if given the chance, they prove to be such nice people who will sign autographs for everyone waiting and will have conversations with them. but they know they’re not going to be asked, so they try to get out as soon as possible. I call out their names purposely so the crowd will follow the lead and talk with them. it makes them feel better, and I love helping them get a smile on their faces.

• l?veislouder

not at all. Harry Potter has fans of all ages. Jonas Brothers have the teenies.

• Lilly

LOL is it bad I laughed at his answers cause they seem so fake?
    I know it probably because he wants to make sure the readers know he as supportive and open as possible but still

• oceanUP

NICK IS A MAN NOW HE CAN SAY WHAT HE LIKES WITHOUT DISNEY INFLUENCE :]

l?veislouder said:

not at all. Harry Potter has fans of all ages. Jonas Brothers have the teenies.

• SofiSaphier

____________

I am not saying I am more or a better Christian for not agreeing with homosexuality, nor I am saying that it is the only sin in the world. I know I am a sinner like everybody else on Earth. I am just saying this. God hates homosexuality, it is love, I know, but I do not agree with that.

Romans 1:26-27
    “God gave them over to shameful lusts. Even their women exchanged natural sexual relations for unnatural ones. In the same way the men also abandoned natural relations with women and were inflamed with lust for one another. Men committed shameful acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their error.”

1 Corinthians 6:9-10

“Or do you not know that wrongdoers will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor men who have sex with men[a] nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.”

• Ijustneedyounow

I am kind of like Nick… I do have many friends my age and I love hanging around school with them and all that but i usually don’t do anything with them in my freetime… I know this sounds coneited but they’re just too immature for me. All they care about is smoking and drinking (like literally getting wasted ever free second they have) I on the other hand love to hang around with adults like family and friends of the family (about my parents age) and have deep discussions not like my friends that mainly talk about how wasted they were the other night and where the next party is. And I’m like the biggest control freak, that’s why I don’t like to drink. I know I’m kinda weird^^

• Lilly

Well. Deltas back at it. Only twittering Jonas or Nelta fans or people who call her stunning or beautiful. Only the “ignorant” Jonas fans. Why can’t she twitter spree her fans and keep their careers separate? Nicks lost enough female fans. He doesn’t twitter spree her people. Ugh.

Maybe they knew who he was as far as he was in the show, but they didn’t really know his name or any of his other work. Most of his most famous work pre-dates the age of most Harry Potter fans.

They could always pick up their Playbill and read his bio, but most of them probably refuse to read anything longer than a facebook status or twitter update.

Jan 18, 2012 @ 01:23 pm
    Lilly said:
    I agree. I mean, I’m not so upright where I’m like “you need to dress fancy, no jeans!” because Broadway is a lot more casual than it used to be nowadays. but there is, under NO circumstances, no screaming in a Broadway theatre. especially not when talking is going on. if you can’t handle yourself, don’t go to a show. simple as that.

• Ijustneedyounow

ugh i hate those freaky sreaming fans… i once went to a jonas brothers concert when they were in my country and it was horrible. i did not hear one bit of the music they were playing. the only thing i heard were the screaming bitches behind me yelling into my ears for a full hour -.- i go to a concert because i want to hear the music, not screaming freaks. and it’s even more inappropriate in a broadway play… i wish i could go see him but the shows sadly a 12 hour flight away from me :(

• l?veislouder

even so, they could ask that when he’s out of earshot. John and Daniel never came out at the same time, and I’m assuming if she saw John, that means John came out first. she could have waited for him to get in his car and drive away before asking that. that’s just rude.
    I won’t even ask “who was that?” when an ensemble member or someone in the orchestra comes out. it’s rude! rude rude rude. you thank them for a fantastic show, even if they were just the spotlight guy (who I always thank as well), and you go about your way.

• obsessed

Methinks the boy doth protest too much. I’ve always suspected that Nick would be the gay JoBro. He’s totally going to come out in his late 20s. Off to create “fuckyeahgaynick” on Tumblr.

• amandabette

Ugh are you serious. He is not the same boy but I already knew that.. None of them are. Every question and answer in this interview has gay in it. Dude we get the point. And you my friend are exaxtly what Justin is doing now.. selling out for the love of fame and money. What A SHAME,,,

WHAT? is this real, i need some damn proof

WHAT? is this real, i need some damn proof

• OhMy…

I definitely would’ve considered it. You have to be open to everything.

OH PLEASE!!!!!

• OhMy…

Are you guys serious?? I mean, what the fuck? Smh.. fucking haters!

nick jonas is ugly and looks chunky in these pics

Jan 18, 2012 @ 04:33 pm
    The earlier comment said Nick’s already scheduled for days off. How’s anyone supposed to know when that is?
    I don’t know, and that’s what’s so bad about it. it may be posted, but you can guarantee that doesn’t mean every single person who buys a ticket to see Nick will be aware of those changes. some woman even went to see Darren, thinking Daniel was still in the show. then again, some people are just stupid.

but anyway, I have been down to the theatre during both Darren and Daniel’s run. it’s not that there are more people, but the people that are there for Darren are more rowdy and loud. it’s crazier than when Daniel was there.

• lovemestealmeawayy

where is everyone at?

• OhMy…

Btw, Its obvious he’s going to do press for his broadway shows, but that doesn’t mean he’s not being honest. The magazine simply wanted to interview him and he accepted. Stop being such assholes.

• back2december

I’m confused. Why do people assume Joe is bi…LOL. Wut.

• lovemestealmeawayy

ssoo bored

• maybelove

Demi should totz get it on wit him.

It’s incredible the stupid things some of you can say.
    This is a great interview, finally Nick was asked about important issues and I’m proud about what he replied. So mature!

• SAM

This is a fake interview I swear…
    and get off tailing about religion and sin.
    love is louder.
    people love who they love.

Just enjoy jonas and SHUT THE HELL UP!

• xAskTaylorx

Hahaha! I laugh at you! You getting burned by anons! How does it feel?

Supposedly Darren Criss has a lot more fans outside every night than Daniel. Everyone’s said that. Probably cause of Glee being so popular. I’ve seen the photos. It’s crazy.

Uhm, I can see Nick saying every word lf this, even with his little pauses where he stops and thinks and does that little whispery voice. So everyone can leave if they’re calling bullshit on this.

And everyone in Hollywood has gay friends, especially if you do Broadway, and it’s a magazine for GAY people he’s not just going to brush off all the questions, he obviously thought well in advance before doing this interview.

• oceanUP

this is a great posttttttttt

It’s kind of sad the Jonas Brothers Avatar is no longer the Jonas Brothers. It’s just Nick. Like they’re trying to tell us something.

• m

It’s a fact that the most successful pop acts have the most gay fans. Example: Lady gaga.

So my advice for the JoBros to get back into the spotlight? Cater to the gay fans. Your female fans won’t mind and in fact they might even encourage it.

l?veislouder said:

lololol at taking Daniel’s place in Equus. it’s nice that he says he’s open-minded, but I don’t think the public will ever see Nick Jonas willingly naked for all to see.
    I really hope you’re wrong lol

• dilemma

I didn’t read shit Ii only got a lady boner from these pics

• anonmus

Hey, Nick’s got more comments on here then he’s had in a while. Cool. I have no problem with two people of the same sex being together cause it’s not my business. And the bible does say it’s a sin. But also says sex without marriage is just as big a sin. And most of the people picking on gay people have committed that sin. You have to live your life as you believe as long as you don’t hurt others. We have to realize that not everyone is Christian. It’s a free country.

• Lilly

Oh yeah, I don’t care if you wear causal clothes cause I do when I go though I was a bit worried the first time I went to see a musical cause I thought it would be like the opera lol
    People should know that they should only clap during performances and never scream or shout at least till curtain call cause it’s distracting not only to the people on stage but everyone else in the audience

Time for a new icon

(replying to this) – Jan 18, 2012 @ 01:32 pm
    Lilly said:
    I was hanging around a few times when Daniel was there, and things got a bit crazy, but nothing horrible. the only time that I saw the security guards go to tell the crowd they had to be quiet because the audience could hear them was with Darren. that was crazy for me to see, because I was there on Daniel’s last night, where it got so bad that Daniel’s bodyguard made him leave one autograph side early, but it never got to a point that they had to tell people to be quieter. Darren’s fans are intense. that’s why I haven’t gone down there since. I do wanna give Darren a letter though lol, so I may go in his last night. it’ll also be the last night for Christopher Hanke in the show, and he’s irreplaceable in my mind. I told him that and I got a hug lol. I’d like to see him one last time too.

• Lilly

I think most of the cast members know that all the young stars are gonna attract many young fans, in fact that’s how the show stays in business but I think they also expect some respect as well

• jt
  • mariiexD

SOOOOOOOO SEXY <3 I’LL LOVE HIM FOREVER AND ALWAYS

Why can’t she twitter spree her fans and keep their careers separate?

Because she is under the impression that most of those fans of Nick’s are now her fans and doesn’t realize that if she and Nick break up, they will forget about her in a second.

Same thing happened with Samantha Barks, she would get all these tweets from girls talking about how much they loved her, how great she was, and then the second Nick tweeted he was single they dropped interest in her.

• jt

i still luv nick jonas<3

• jt

:D

• jt

HELLO WORLD AND ALL WHO INHABIT IT

all I’m trying to say by spittin out Bible verses is to show that there are different angles and it depends on how you view them

Jan 18, 2012 @ 01:38 pm
    Lilly said:
    yeah, they were gonna close the show after Darren, but then they got Nick, so that bought them an extra 5 months. my friend down there says they’re closing after Nick, but I also heard rumors of Dan and Darren coming back. knowing Dan, I know he won’t come back after just having done the show for 10 months, and the Glee tour might prevent Darren from coming back. regardless, I hope they don’t close. one of the dancers I know is the understudy for J. Pierrepont Finch, and I would LOVE to see him in the role. I just don’t know when I could if they close after Nick =/

• jt

….

i LOVE u nick forever and always<3

• l?veislouder

that’s a concert, which has different etiquette. but I understand what you mean. it’s just not right to scream and be disrespectful when you paid money to be entertained.

• Lilly

yeah, they were gonna close the show after Darren, but then they got Nick, so that bought them an extra 5 months. my friend down there says they’re closing after Nick, but I also heard rumors of Dan and Darren coming back. knowing Dan, I know he won’t come back afterjuicing just done the show for 10 months, and the Glee tour might prevent Darren from coming back. regardless, I hope they don’t close. one of the dancers I know is the understudy for J. Pierrepont Finch, and I would LOVE to see him in the role. I just don’t know when I could if they close after Nick =/
    —————
    They will probably close after Nick, I don’t think Dan or Darren will come back unless Dan wants to close the last show for sentimental reasons

• jt

:o3

• jt

C:

• l?veislouder

that would be nice, but he won’t do it. I know he’s moving on to other projects. he’s not gonna go backwards in his career.
    I heard from my security guard friend that Nick is supposedly going to be missing a few nights during his run though, which will be so bad for his image, to be the only Finch to take a night off; neither Daniel nor Darren have missed a night. but that seems to be my only shot at seeing the dancer be Finch.

• Lilly

Well Darren’s only doing three weeks so you can’t really compare but it’s impressive that Dan did all performances when he had to still do the Harry Potter press tour

Nick is supposedly going to be missing a few nights during his run though

Probably to go to Australia to see Delta. I hope they announce his absence beforehand though, because they are selling tickets and it is going to be bad news if people buy tickets expecting to see Nick and don’t get him. It’s one thing if an actor has an emergency or falls ill, but if they have a planned vacation they need to tell people that before they buy tickets.

I couldn’t even finish reading these comments…
    Obviously most of you haters don’t know ANYTHING about Nick. He’s an awesome guy whose grown up with tons of different people. He’s been traveling nonstop since he was about 13 basically… therefore he’s been exposed to gays and obviously doesn’t think of them any differently. And what does his religion have to do with it? There are plenty of Christians who support gay rights… do you live under a rock or something?
    Grow up and don’t waste your time reading interviews from people you obviously don’t care for. Keep in mind that his freaking watch probably costs more than your home- in no way is he unsuccessful.

It is impressive, although they did close down the show when Dan had to do the premieres and stuff. It wasn’t so much closed as it was Warner Brothers had to pay to buy all the tickets so they wouldn’t sell any to the public for those nights.

• Antonella xD

PEOPLE LIKE WHAT THEY LIKE..LET’S LEAVE THEM LIVE THEIR LIFES.. YOU MAY SAY SOMETHING AGAINST THEIR OPINIONS, BUT YOU SHOULD TRY TO BE MORE RESPECTFULL. THAT’S ALL!
    PEACE :P

——————-
    Yeah but I think he only skip out for that one premiere in London, there were ton of other press interviews that all of the cast went to except for him. I didn’t know WB pay them to close but at least they did so they didn’t lose any money and hey the cast gets a break.

• xAskTaylorx

I guess I missed the party? 0____o ^_____^

• xAskTaylorx

Or not….

• xAskTaylorx

It’s just an interview, nothing big. Nobody was made fun of……

• oceanUP

PRAISE THE LORDD!!

You know why Darren Cross has a thousand fans waiting for him after the show? Cause he has a girlfriend who stays out of the limelight and certainly does not twitter his fans, Darren truly keeps his private life private. It’s obviously not so hard to do. IF you truly want to.

• xAskTaylorx

————————

Yep! I’m just wondering, who is that guy again? I may be confused with another celeb.

Number1AlyandAJFan said:
    this whole interview seems so fake.

I thought the same thing

• Sharlie :) x

Awwww bless Nick :) …. Gotaa love the JoBro’s :D <3

• xAskTaylorx

“They respond to our style”. ~ LMAO. Love Nick. =]

• Number1AlyandAJFan

this whole interview seems so fake.

• Jade

Why do you think it seems fake? (I’m not being rude or anything, I just truly wanna understand where you’re coming from xD)

I have to agree with you. I have been a fan since their first album and read/watched many interviews, and this one doesn’t sound like him. It’s not the content that makes it sound fake, it’s how what is said is said.

• Jade

ADSFVGBGVDCSXDCFNM NGBFDFVBNMBHFDSE I’M FREAKING OUT.

Like, Nick is so grown up <3 OMG I’m so proud of him! Firstly, because he was interviewed by a gay magazine and this would cause SO MUCH trouble in the past, but now he seems to be sure of who he and his brothers are (non-disney artists who have free will to say whatever they want). Second, everything he said was so beautiful! I regret everything bad I’ve said about him (I am a Jonas fan but I didnt really like Nick); he is a good bo- man, very talented and kind!

Oh my God, I’m in love with him again!

• marian

THIS WAS A GREAT INTERVIEW :)
    i love it

this isn’t even nick’s way to talk.

LOL. Jonas brothers don’t have gay fans :S they don’t have even fans at all.

• back2december

LOL THE JONAS BROTHERS DONT HAVE FANS?
    Are you dumb.
    I love them :)

• l?veislouder

yes, what was said before, WB bought out the entire theatre on the nights they absolutely needed Daniel. there was a huge issue over that Londom press where Daniel wasn’t there.

• l?veislouder

the same amount of girls were waiting for Daniel, who also has a girlfriend, and I’m sure the same will be said for Nick.
    I doubt these girls are fans simply because they don’t know he has a girlfriend.

l?veislouder said:
    (replying to this) – Jan 18, 2012 @ 12:22 pm
    SofiSaphier said:
    homosexuality cannot be a sin because it is love, and last I checked, love is not a sin. talk to me in about 10years when you grow up and are more open minded.
    I’m not going to start a religious debate, but the definition of homosexuality is not love. While homosexuality is the act of two people being in love, that does not disregard the fact that male and male or female and female being together in the romantic sense IS against the Bible. In THAT way, it is sin. The fact is, people don’t understand that Christians can (and do) love gays; we just don’t love their sin.

People complain if Nick is open with his relationship, people complain if he hides them. Can’t win them all, can’t you?

i hope nick can make some friends

• xAskTaylorx

Hes in Harry potter? Cool. I guess. Is he an “extra”? I didn’t recognize his name. Soooo….

honestly the people commenting on here are so dumb. you can be accepting of gays if you’re a christian. you are taught to love everyone. some people don’t always see it that way. if you think Nick is lying then so be it. and none of us know what does on behind closed doors so lets all stop with pretending like we do. come on be logical. some of you sound like a stupid bunch of homophobes and/or assholes. by commenting on Nick so much you are only going to cause an uprising of his fans. Its a lose situation for you. just let it be.

This is more Fake than Selena Gomez hair :/

• l?veislouder

I never said love was the definition of homosexuality was love, but I have more faith in the relationships of gays than straight people.
    loving gay people but hating their sin; that’s the stupidest thing I’ve ever heard. clearly you don’t love them then or accept them for who they are. if you were so accepting, you wouldn’t think the way they express their love is wrong if they’re just spreading love, like the bible SAYS to.
    who are you (or Christians) to say who can or cannot be together, or what is right or wrong? you don’t like gay marriage? fine. then don’t get one. but don’t you dare think you have any right to tell someone ELSE they cannot get married because their love is wrong. to anyone who thinks they have any right to say anything about ANYONE’S relationship, the only thing I can say is: fuck you.

^ amen to that comment. This is why I have a problem with Christianity, it’s people like you who give it a bad name and ruin the reputation of loving and accepting Christians. I’m Bi and last time I checked love wasn’t a crime. I’m pretty sure God would be more pissed if I killed someone. Didn’t Jesus say we’re all equal and only God can judge us ?

• maybelove

Demi should totz get it on wit him.

l?veislouder said:

I kind of thought that too, but like why did everyone else like him but a guy who happens to be gay..

“Gay boybanders and pop idols rarely come out at the height of their popularity. If a Jonas Brother came out, what impact might it have on your career?”

“The amazing thing about our fans is that they’re incredibly supportive about everything that we do, but I have to separate us from the equation because the three of us aren’t gay. If someone in our position came out, I’d hope that support would carry over and that their fans would love them just the same.”

*cough*

uh good for you? i really don’t care about how you were raised
    ——————

umm what? i said religious first of all, and even if i said christian why do you care since you said you are not christian anymore? freak..

every boy band has 1 gay member, its just like the law of boy bands

ummmm i never said i wasn’t christian or religious all i said was that i had a backwards, primitive mentality when it came to sexuality and now that im 18 and have grown up i no longer have any prejudice or care about someone’s sexuality. I’m still a christian.

I have to separate us from the equation because the three of us aren’t gay– am i the only one that cought that?? LOL

So many peopel obessed with the idea of Joe being gay. lol…

TBH I think the only reason the Les Mis crew put up with Nick was because of Sam. After the breakup none of them gave a shit about him anymore.

what does have to do with my comment??

I find it hard to believe this was a one-on-one, sit down interview. I am sure the questions were sent to “his people” and they came up with the “correct” answers and sent them back. I’ve met Nick several times & whenever you attempt to engage him in conversation he’s like a deer caught in the headlights. You can just tell, he’s so uncomfortable with human contact, let alone forming his own opinions because it’s been done for him his entire life. He’s terrified he’ll say the wrong thing. I feel really bad for him. He’s had no childhood. He has no friends his own age. I hope he’s in therapy

So many peopel obessed with the idea of Joe being gay. lol…

if you don’t think joe is at least bi you are delusional joe stan, i love all 3, been a fan since the beginning, but i have honestly always believed joe was gay or bi

what does have to do with my comment??
    ————————–

are you dumb or?

“theres no way someone who gew up brain washed by religious doctrine all their life just changes over night. the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree”

Idc if he’s bi or not and we have no way of knowing either way unless he says it. But if he’s fallen in love with girls (Camilla Belle) then he’s definitely not gay.

I am 99% he either has social anxiety or aspergers, I have seen a lot of interviews and he acts very different than joe and Kevin

Actually, I believe him and Killian Donnelly are still friends. : )

Nick has no opinions of his own, he’s like a Disney robot – him and Selena both, at least the others act like normal teenagers.

_____________

I still think it’s Kevin. Dani’s his beard…

Someone here definitely hates Nick.

what does have to do with my comment??
    ————————–

are you dumb or?

you are the dumb one appearently, i am talking about nick who i know about his childhood, i have no clue about you (nor do i want to) so why are you telling me about your own childhood and life sotry?? i couldn’t care less, i can only judge from what i see

I think the Les Mis cast really liked him. Except Matt Lucas who did mock him. I do think he burned Sam in some way. Which probably makes things awkward. She twittered him congrats about HTS. He dissed her and didn’t even reply.

Someone here definitely hates Nick.
    ________

I love Nick. I just worry about him. He needs a new management team & to move away from his family. I think NYC/Broadway will do him good!

• l?veislouder

it could be an entirely different issue. I dislike my gay friend’s boyfriend A LOT, but it’s not because he’s gay, it’s because he treats my friend like shit. just because he happens to be gay doesn’t mean it’s the reason he and Nick may not be friendly.

———————————-

lol you don’t even make sense your speaking about someoen growing up a christian and not being able to be gay friendly or open. Wich is far from the truth. You are just like people who have a prejudice agaisn’t gay people only yours is againsn’t religious people.

Jan 18, 2012 @ 12:12 pm

_______________
    But he congratulated her on getting “Oliver!” around the same time, so I think they are okay.

• l?veislouder

I would say social anxiety, if anything. those two things are completely different. Nick doesn’t show any signs of asbergers in the slightest.

Actually, I believe him and Killian Donnelly are still friends. : )

Why? They never talk anymore.

this doesn’t sound like him

How did Nick burn Sam? We don’t know anything about their relationship. And how did he diss/ignore her she tweeted congrats to him for his role and he could have easily texted her or dm her. We don’t know EVERYTHING that goes on behind the scenes.

Because Matt Lucas is kind of a jerk. Nick has never said anything about Matt except nice things, however Matt made sure to make fun of Nick for praying, make fun of him in the special Les Mis video for singing backstage, try to embarass him at a restaurant while he was out to dinner with Samantha Barks and then bragged about it in an interview.

So that’s all on Matt not Nick.

Someone here definitely hates Nick.
    ________

I think it could do him good but at the same time fans who met him always say he was alone all the time, that worries me. He needs to get over his fear of people and find some friends who he can trust and will look out for him since his family is not there to.

I find it funny how Sam and Killian are now dating. Well supposedly they are.

So that’s all on Matt not Nick.
    __________________________
    I have to agree with that. And when Matt saw he was making Nick uncomfortable, he did it more. He’s kind of a dick, imo. Don’t really get his humor. Don’t think Nick did either. Plus Matt purposely tried to embarrass him in front of Sam. Not cool.

I would love to be that friend for him. that kid needs someone to talk to =/
    Demi Lovato circa 2008 was a great friend for him. I would trust her to help him now, but I would gladly take on the job. I have too strong of a need to save the world to ignore this =/

l?veislouder said:

don’t know what Aspergers is but i have social anxiety and am positive he has it.. he acts the same way I do when meeting people, as well as a lot of other symptoms that would take too long to explain

The majority of these comments are incredibly ignorant.

Who are you to say if a person is “religious” or not? You have no way of knowing their personal beliefs or relationship with God.

And for those making the assumption that Nick is lying because he’s a Christian. Back. It. Up. I am a follower of Jesus. I believe that we are called to love one another, and we are in no position to judge others. So just because someone loves Jesus does NOT automatically mean they hate gays.

• Ijustneedyounow

i can’t help but giggle everytime he say’s things like “us as men” “now that i’m a man” or “as a man:D it’s like he’s trying to force into everybody’s head that he’s all grown up now but it’s kinda hard with his cute baby face … i still love him <3

I would love to be that friend for him. that kid needs someone to talk to =/

He has Delta.

(replying to this) – Jan 18, 2012 @ 12:22 pm
    SofiSaphier said:

__________
    Exactly. It has to be so hard for him not having Big Rob right there as his security blanket, but it’s going to force him to step outside his safety zone and man up! :-)

He has Delta.
    who is not helping, nor his age. I meant his age, as did the other poster.

l?veislouder said:

I would love to be that friend for him. that kid needs someone to talk to =/

• l?veislouder

to put it in simplest terms, people with asbergers can’t take social cues. like, if you were in an awkward situation, you KNOW it’s awkward because you would sense the tension and do what you can to remove yourself from that feeling. people with Asbergers can’t sense that, so they continue on with the conversation/situation as if nothing is wrong. that’s not Nick. it would be social anxiety I’d diagnose him with, if anything.

I would love to be that friend for him. that kid needs someone to talk to =/

He has Delta.

You need more than 1 person in your life, besides she is going to be in australia for a long time so he’s going to be ALONE again, which is not good

Jan 18, 2012 @ 12:24 pm
    Ijustneedyounow said:

i can’t help but giggle everytime he say’s things like “us as men” “now that i’m a man” or “as a man” :D it’s like he’s trying to force into everybody’s head that he’s all grown up now but it’s kinda hard with his cute baby face … i still love him <3
    ———————————

He’s 19 HE IS A MAN.

This interview sounded exactly like Nick. He’s one of the most mature and well spoken young celebrities out there. One can also be a devout Christian and still be accepting of alternative life styles. Nick is always tweeting his fellow castmates from Les Mis and they tweet him. He’s also friends with Perez Hilton, well known gay columnist,whom frequently tweets Nick. Nick’s fans can verify much of what Nick discussed. His father has never spoken against gays and the fact that he is a pastor does not make him anti gay. It’s grossly unfair to question the integrity of the author of the article by claiming the article is fake. Nick should be applauded for speaking his mind so maturely and elequantly.

Of course Nick has gay friends. He has his brothers.