Jonas Family NEW YORK REUNION

nickjonas_560b
rhh
tumblr_ly9fqyaOTv1qb0giko1_500

Thx Ana & @lorejonas1d! Enter to see Nick Jonas on Broadway HERE!

Full New York Magazine interview HERE!

Nick Jonas spends his vacation from teen-pop on Broadway.
If, by some chance, you should ever need to relieve yourself at Nick Jonas’s apartment, try holding it in. The 19-year-old singer-songwriter-sibling recently moved into a temporary pad in Chelsea, where he converted his high-ceilinged, deep-reverbed bathroom into an ad hoc studio complete with guitars, microphones, and a towel-swaddled bass amp. The sound is expansive and uncluttered; the layout less so. “I’m going to suggest people use the bathroom downstairs,” Jonas jokes. “One wrong step and you’re electrocuted.”
It’s a wind-ruined Thursday morning, and Jonas and I are having breakfast at Eisenberg’s, a sandwich shop just a few blocks from his DIY recording space. Jonas is slender yet broad-shouldered, dressed in a black-plaid winter jacket, jeans, and a scarf; the curlicue shrubbery that once loomed over his forehead has been cut short and slicked back. Perhaps the most notable thing about Jonas’s appearance, however, is that he’s alone—no wailing wall of fans waiting outside, no bodyguards doing advance work. Compare this to just a few years ago, when the Disney-rock trio Jonas Brothers (which includes Kevin, 24, and Joe, 22) could show up at a midtown movie premiere and elicit a block-long tween-shriek that sounded like cicadas being sucked into a jet engine. “Back then, I don’t know if I could have come in here and had as peaceful an experience,” he says.
Peaceful, though not entirely carefree. Once he’s finished eating, Jonas will head to the Al Hirschfeld Theatre, where this week he’ll make his debut as window washer turned corporate striver J. Pierre­pont Finch in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, taking over the lead from Daniel Radcliffe. (Glee’s Darren Criss headlined for three weeks in between.) To those who know Jonas only as one third of the Jonas Brothers, Nick’s stage bow might look like an attempt to escape his own teen-wizard past.
But in fact, Jonas got his start on Broadway. He was only 6 years old when, at his mother’s hair-salon appointment, a woman overheard him singing and suggested he get a manager. Jonas eventually landed a role in A Christmas Carol, in which he portrayed a young Scrooge and served as an understudy for Tiny Tim. But since the actors playing Tiny Tim almost never got sick—kid stars, apparently, aren’t too big on Method—Jonas never actually rehearsed the part. As a result, the one time he was asked to don the crutches, he wound up forgetting his song, instead staring blankly at the audience. “It was a sort of out-of-body experience,” says Jonas. “That was the one really bad show I had. Later, I learned to just make up anything.”
Jonas would go on to perform in shows like The Sound of Music and Les ­Misérables. Because he and his siblings were mostly home-schooled, hanging out with other theater kids was a crucial part of his nonfamilial social life, though it’s a time he remembers as “more flashes than real memories”: packed auditions, intimidating conductors, awed strolls around Times Square.
Jonas left theater when he was 11, in part because he’d hit a growth spurt, the kiss of death for a child actor (Jonas remembers some parents cajoling their kids to drink coffee, hoping to stunt their height). Shortly afterward, a demo he’d recorded wound up in the hands of a rec­ord exec, leading to a solo deal and, finally, the formation of Jonas Brothers. Beginning in 2006, the group released four studio albums full of sleek but sincere guitar pop, the best of which—2008’s A Little Bit Longer—sounded like a less tortured, barely legal Jimmy Eat World. But 2009’s Lines, Vines, and Trying Times failed to convert the band into a mainstream-radio act, and a tepidly received 3-D movie—not to mention the rise of Justin Bieber—seemed to tarnish the group’s luster.
In person, Jonas is perpetually polite—he uses the word “blessed” frequently and earnestly—but he bristles gently when recalling the period after Trying Times. “For a while, I think a lot of people were saying, ‘This is done,’” says Jonas. “But then we had our biggest touring year ever.” Still, he concedes, “[After] four rec­ords in four years, we definitely needed to step away for a minute.”
Around the release of Trying Times, the press portrayed Nick as something of an Onus Jonas—the one most obsessed with songcraft and the band’s live sound. And though he points out that all the brothers contributed equally, he’s had the busiest hiatus, recording a soul-inflected solo album with his group the Administration and working as a producer-­songwriter for hire (one of his collaborators, 27-year-old Australian singer Delta Goodrem, is now his girlfriend). And he’s been using his Chelsea setup to work out new songs, some of which may wind up on a new Jonas Brothers record he and his brood hope to record later this year.
But How to Succeed is Jonas’s most high-visibility solo venture to date, and certainly the riskiest. Years ago, the notion that a veteran boy-bander could have an extracurricular career was ridiculous; in the land o’ Timberlake, though, teen stars are occasionally allowed to age gracefully, provided they can win over grown-ups. How to Succeed will give ­Jonas a chance to showcase his talents in front of an older crowd, albeit in a role that’s imposing not only physically—­Jonas will appear in nine numbers—but also historically: Both Robert Morse (1962) and Matthew Broderick (1995) won Tonys for their respective Finches, and Radcliffe’s stint effectively recast him as a song-and-dance man. When turning to Jonas, director-choreographer Rob Ashford was looking for an actor who has “that real go-get-’em energy and enough smarts to be able to play the underlying precocious nature of Finch,” Ashford says. “Nick was keen to take it on. He’s so centered and focused. ”
Before rehearsals began, Ashford and Jonas met to discuss how Jonas might find his own inner Finch; as it turned out, he didn’t have to look too far. “Finch has got to figure out how to integrate himself into this well-oiled machine,” Jonas says, “and that’s a lot like what I’m doing, coming into this company.”
One of Jonas’s biggest concerns in joining How to Succeed was the sheer amount of choreography to learn, and a day after our breakfast, he’s at the Hirschfeld, practicing “Grand Old Ivy,” a song that finds him being hoisted into the air and then carried overhead by nearly a dozen dancers. Slowed down for rehearsal, the number looks a bit like an awkward underwater crowd-surf, and for the first few tries, as he flips and slides over the throng, Jonas maintains an unreadable, action-figure-neutral stare. But by the last run-through, he cracks a midair smile, a contented cog in a grand, ever-moving machine.

Denise is so gorgeous. Sad that Delta isn’t there, all the Mrs. Jonas are there.

Denise follows Sam and not Delta, someone likes to play favorites. trololol

• thefuturemrsnickjonas

awww<3

I don’t know why every one thinks Dani is so attactive, She Is So Freakin Ugly.

I don’t know why every one thinks Dani is so attactive, She Is So Freakin Ugly.

I always thought she looked like a collie.

• Loge_JonasBros013

I love the Jonas Brothers and that picture of Nick is so adorable ^_^

• nicholasjonasheart

Looks like they are freezing!
    Lovely

lol a collie, wow funny but accurate? Anyone see the tweets between Joel and Delta. Then Nick jumped in, is he a jealous type of guy?

• ann932

awwwww, i miss them!

Jan 23, 2012 @ 02:00 pm

—————————–

perhaps he is a jealous type

• uhwinning

Love this. They have a beautiful family. I am so proud of Nick!

• crazylady

I don’t know why every one thinks Dani is so attactive, She Is So Freakin Ugly.

meh so she’s not a model. I think she’s pretty because of the unique look to her. maybe that’s how other people feel

• crazylady

also she’s not photogenic because in a few pictures I think she looks really pretty

• l?veislouder

I may go down there tomorrow now to hang out. I’m a bit anxious for this now.

• anonmus

Very nice to see. Mrs. Jonas looks so beautiful and young. And Dani IS pretty. They must be very proud.

• elizagutierrez

Jan 23, 2012 @ 01:36 pm

BITCH PLEASE FIRST OF ALL DELTA IS NOT IN THE FAMILY AND NEVER WILL!!!

DANIELLE YES SHE IS A MRS JONAS, SHE IS BEAUTIFUL, AND YOUNG NOT LIKE THE COUGAR WHO CHEATED ON NICK!!!

NOW THIS IS A POST FOR NICK AND THE FAMILY!! DELTA DOES NOT NEED TO BE HERE AT ALL!

• SellyismygirlCrush

I thought Darren Criss was in the show, huh. done already?

• hudgensfan

i love the jonas brothers i hope they would make a new album ready :)

• hudgensfan

i love the jonas brothers I hope they would make a new album ready :)

• Lolly pop

To me kevins wife looks like hillary duffs sister.

I think thats how you spell hillary ..

• liss1

dilemma, Shut up! Joe is the BEST brother.

• Lolly pop

oh so anonymous are back on..

• Heello

Jan 23, 2012 @ 03:28 pm
    elizagutierrez said:

Jan 23, 2012 @ 01:36 pm

BITCH PLEASE FIRST OF ALL DELTA IS NOT IN THE FAMILY AND NEVER WILL!!!

———————–

Delta Jonas

• Heello

I don’t mind Delta.

• Lolly pop

Heello said:
    I don’t mind Delta.

Hello heello

• SillyAnnJoker

To me Kevins wife looks like Hilary duffs sister.

I think thats how you spell Hilary ..

FINALLY!
    I thought I was the only one who saw it.

• mysticalwonders

its got a ring to it :)

• Ijustneedyounow

Delta Jonas
    Delta Airlines

• l?veislouder

Jan 23, 2012 @ 03:53 pm
    SellyismygirlCrush said:
    I thought Darren Criss was in the show, huh. done already?
    Darren only had a 3-week run from January 3-22

• l?veislouder

Jan 23, 2012 @ 06:35 pm
    xAskTaylorx said:
    His sign is bigger than the Wicked sign! Absurd! Lol. Very nice photo. I’m sure he feels special being in times square. Awesomeeee!!!! But where’s delta in all of this?
    Daniel, Darren, and Nick’s signs are all bigger than the Wicked sign. the theatre purchased that space to be used, so it’s used for all of them. Wicked does fine with its spot, it doesn’t need a bigger sign.
    and Delta is a coach on The Voice Australia.

• l?veislouder

lolololololing at Eliza. I’ll tell Delta and Nick that you say hi when I go see him tomorrow, okay? I’ll make sure Delta knows you’re her biggest fan.

• JoeHoe15

My second family. :))

• xAskTaylorx

Wow! Thank you! I didn’t know that! Or maybe I didn’t want my comment to be a paragraph because for one thing, no one will care for that half of the comment, oh wait, your the only one out of all the users. < Sarcastic. =D @loveislouder. Stop wasting your time and trying to "be smart" with all of your "responding to comments". Thank you! And goodnight!

• xAskTaylorx

Theres my paragraph.

• l?veislouder

----------
    oh honey, I don't have to try to be smart, I already am. you however… ugh. and at least I’m not a rude, bitter, vicious son of a bitch with sarcasm dropping from my every word. you seem to have that all covered by yourself. good job.

• xAskTaylorx

Loveislouder said:

oh honey, I don’t have to try to be smart, I already am. you however… ugh. and at least I’m not a rude, bitter, vicious son of a bitch with sarcasm dropping from my every word. you seem to have that all covered by yourself. good job.

I wouldn’t be talking if I were you. Not being smart? Wow, I’m sure you haven’t received first honors all through high school, unless, of course, your still an ignorant child. And also, your only saying these comments because I hate on your precious Demi. Lastly, everyone here seems to love me. Geez, New Yorkers. Last thing I’ll say.

• xAskTaylorx

No sense of humor.

• Heyitssimonna

Aww, my Jonas heart.

• BrokenArrow

are they looking at the poster in the first pic? they look kinda sad, look at Joe’s face..

• dilemma

that’s a family that reeks class right there

• dilemma

BrokenArrow said:

joe is a pressed jealous whore that’s all

then why do you have a picture of him if he’s a pressed jealous whore …

• drinkmypoison

I miss their music..

• Ijustneedyounow

aww this made me smile :) so cute and their mother is soo beautiful, dani too of course

• dilemma

then why do you have a picture of him if he’s a pressed jealous whore …

sarcasm was not born to be used on oceanup

• dilemma

that nick picture is so cute

Yup. Darren’s done. He sold out a bunch of shows, then left. Back to Gleeeee.

• elizagutierrez

DELTA JONAS?? LOL THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN!!!

SHE IS A BITCH WHO CHEATED ON NICK ,YOU THINK NICK IS STUPID???

BESIDES SHE IS A FAMEWHORE!!

• elizagutierrez

BESIDES THERE IS GONNA BE MOE NICK’S GF IN THE FUTURE, SHE IS NOT THE LAST ONE!

• xAskTaylorx

• xAskTaylorx

I always saw Danielle looking like Haylie duff. Maybe their related and don’t know it? Lol. That would be weird though if all was true….

Let’s talk about Joe’s love life, that Jinjo girl is crazy about him and she’s always with Joe and Jojo when they hangout.

I wonder if Joe likes her back eh I kinda ship Joe with JoJo tho I don’t want JinJo with Joe.

• mysticalwonders

gasp… jonas family reunion! i so miss seeing them all together (: