Nick Jonas Weaker Box Office Draw

Nick Jonas Broadway box office draw in How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying is not as strong at Darrne Criss and Daniel Radlcliffe, Nick took in just under $683,000 for the week ending Jan. 29, a steep 48 percent drop from Glee star Darren Criss’ third and final week in the show, $1.32 million.

Nick booked 80 percent of the seats, How to Succeed took in less than half its potential gross and the average ticket price fell to just under $75. He has joined the Drama League’s Feb. 6 Benefit Gala, A Musical Celebration of Broadway

Honoring Tony and Emmy Award Winner Kristin Chenoweth, which will be held at the Pierre Hotel in New York City. Evan Pappas directs the tribute that has a book by Stephen Cole and musical direction by Steve Freeman.

Selections from Wicked, Glee, You’re a Good Man, Charlie Brown; Candide; Promises, Promises; Annie; The Music Man; Steel Pier; A New Brain; The Apple Tree and more. Jonas will join the previously announced Joel Grey..

Nick on Elvis Duran pictures. More here! Videos under!

Who on Oceanup wrote this? Spelling anyone’s name incorrectly is a big no no. Plus they need 2 work on their grammar. This is elementary English class material. Please go back 2 school & learn to write.

• dilemma

AND
    can we discuss how beautiful he looks in these pictures from the interview ? :’)
    flawless / angel / classy…etc

Sales are always low in January/February. Criss did well because fans knew he’d only be there for 3 wks. Nick runs thru June so theres no rush. Ticket sales were soft across the board for all productions except Jersey Boys, Lion King, Wicked. Radcliffe would’ve dropped sales this time of year also. So everybody calm down. I saw HTS on Saturday, his vocals and dancing were terrific, his acting was a bit predictable but I believe his character is written that way. Either way, if thats a weakness, he’ll fix it within his first few weeks. He was truly charming.

Has nothing to do with fans. They show up, yes, but from the show I was at, they accounted for maybe 20% of the audience. They weren’t seated in the hot spots, they did account for a large amount of merch sales, but no one is counting on them to make this work long-term. Hes good enough to be respected by the hardcore older theatergoers that sat around me, to the point that every one of them was taken aback by how skillful he was at portraying a long-beloved character. He isn’t doing this for fans, hes doing this for respect and to get ahead in an industry that doesn’t get by on the fickle buying habits of teenies.

• l?veislouder

not to mention, most merch is purchased in person, and you need a ticket to get in. just thought I’d add that in there. I agree with everything else.

• Ijustneedyounow

Jan 31, 2012 @ 01:05 pm
    dilemma said:

AND
    flawless / angel / classy…etc

I know right?! I love his hair here and his face is just so flawless… but I’m not really feeling the shirt

• dilemma

Ijustneedyounow said:

Jan 31, 2012 @ 01:05 pm
    dilemma said:

AND
    flawless / angel / classy…etc

the face & body make up for it :P

and guys
    Nick has been in broadway since he was in the womb
    I think he’ll be fine ;)
    PROUD MAMA OVER HERE

• Jonasinoursoul

HAHAHAHA I bet Darren made more in his 3 weeks than Nick will make in 6 months. Darren is so much more talented and popular. I’m glad that there are finally statistics that prove that.

Nick has been irrelevant since 2010. Nobody really cares anymore. I used to be his biggest fan, but I moved on cause I got bored. JB can’t expect people to keep supporting them. They took too long of a break from music.
    ——————————–

You are a Bieber fan, aren’t you? Believe me, if you’re saying that kind of bullshit then you NEVER was a real fan. Thank god you’re out, Nick doesn’t deserve that kind of people by his side. Real fans are staying close and waiting till they’re ready to be back as it happends to every single band that take their time to create an album or doing different things in the midddle.

• neelie

I wonder what will happen if it keeps going downhill from here. I disagree about the part about fans.The reason they hired Darren was cause of fans. The reason they hired Nick for Les Mis & this was for the fans. The fans need to go if they can.

• elizagutierrez

Sorry but the truth is that Nick is NOT doing that good in Broadway!! that’s what I hear!

Nick and the Jonas Brothers are DUNZO!!!

I agree with nellie.

• l?veislouder

(replying to this) – Jan 31, 2012 @ 03:02 pm
    I HATE OCEANUP said:
    OCEANUP AND HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU
    lol, someone has serious issues.

and eliza needs to get over the fact that Nick will never date her.

• FOR> FAKE FANS JONAS Y FANS GLEE

nick’s fans have 7 months to go see the show .That’s why no one’s in a hurry
    Darren’s was only 3 weeks so of course his fans got to go during these 3 weeks only and that’s why they went in big numbers

——————————–

DARREN CRISS IS SO GAY FOR GLEE AND WHEN DANCING LIKE MOST IS THAT GAY PEOPLE WILL SEE LOL

BELIEBERS AND FANS GLEE SUCKS

• elizagutierrez

Jan 31, 2012 @ 03:10 pm
    l?veislouder said:
    (replying to this) – Jan 31, 2012 @ 03:02 pm
    I HATE OCEANUP said:
    OCEANUP AND HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU
    lol, someone has serious issues.

and eliza needs to get over the fact that Nick will never date her.

BITCH SHUT THE HELL UP, I DON’T WANT TO DATE NICK, NICK LIKES TO PLAY WITH PPL FEELINGS!!

LIKE HE DID TO SAMANTHA BARKS, NICOLE, EVEN MILEY , NICK IS AN ASS HOLE!!!

his face looks like porcelain, why all the make-up, Nick? Looks bad :/
    Not to mention that hideous shirt. I think he’s been stealing Delta’s clothes.

elizagutierrez said:

I HATE OCEANUP said:
    OCEANUP AND HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU
    lol, someone has serious issues.

and eliza needs to get over the fact that Nick will never date her.

LIKE HE DID TO SAMANTHA BARKS, NICOLE, EVEN MILEY , NICK IS AN ASS HOLE!!!

HAHA

You do not know anything about the personal life of Nick and what took place,

MILEY HAS A Obsession KNOW BY NICK, Half-naked MILEY PHOTOS TAKEN BY THAT NICK AND ALSO THE LEAVE MILEY got ugly and fat

BIEBER LOL HAVE SEX WITH DARREN G A Y S

BIEBER LOL HAVE SEX WITH DARREN CRISS G A Y S

• jonashead705

I’m a jonas fan & glee fan

thing is I can’t see H2$ I live in Sydney :(

yeah anonymous: I bet you’re a bieber fan now. like all those fake Jonas fans who left for bieber

• l?veislouder

LIKE HE DID TO SAMANTHA BARKS, NICOLE, EVEN MILEY , NICK IS AN ASS HOLE!!!

HAHA

You do not know anything about the personal life of Nick and what took place,

lol can’t understand a word of your horrific English.
    and it seems you’re the one with the obsession. you can’t go a single post without mentioning Nick or Delta. so sad to have a one-track mind like that.
    and you never seem to be able to offer any proof of Delta’s alleged cheating. oh right, that’s because it only happened in your head. tsk* sad.

• l?veislouder

jonashead, since you live in Australia, would you mind letting me know if a premiere date for The Voice has been released? I can seem to find it online, and I’d appreciate it if you knew the date :)
    thanks.

Yes there is a small fan element to hiring Nick but Broadway producers know that teens can’t afford $100 for a ticket ($200 if they take a parent) so they know that dies down quickly. Nick has been purpisely restructuring his career to put distance between being a teen idol and an actual professional. His role was given to him because he was the strongest of those being considered. Btw, meech isn’t just available IN the theatre; when I went Saturday posters, programs and bow ties were being sold on the sidewalk in front of the theatre by theatre employees. This is Broadway, this is a current musical. This isn’t a last ditch effort by a producer to eek out a few more seat sales by hiring a stunt player like for Les Mis. Nick showed he can perform based on his positive reviews in Hairspray.

• FOR l?veislouder

l?veislouder

STARTING THIS ONE DIRECTION AND YOU THINK THE BIG SHIT

MUSICIANS PLASTIC, STOP TALKING ABOUT THE JONAS

• l?veislouder

STARTING THIS ONE DIRECTION AND YOU THINK THE BIG SHIT

MUSICIANS PLASTIC, STOP TALKING ABOUT THE JONAS
    sorry hun, I would help you if I could, but your horrible English is… well, horrible. try again :)

• neelie

The fans still need to go. He’s got months and months of performances to fill up. I guess the fans in the NY area either have no money or they’ve moved on. They need to get them back. Soon.

• l?veislouder

Jan 31, 2012 @ 04:14 pm
    neelie said:
    or they’re waiting for him to settle into the role. that’s what I’m doing.
    I’ve heard of people who have seen it multiple times already, in his first week already. crazy.

• anonmus

Oh Wow. So happy for Samantha Barks. She’s going to be Eponine in the movie Les Miz. Not Taylor Swift. She really deserves it. Guess Nick’s not going to be Marius, though. Some other older actor.

• l?veislouder

Jan 31, 2012 @ 12:41 pm
    I HATE OCEANUP said:
    ALWAYS HAVE TO PUT A BAD NOTE ABOUT THE JONAS, I LOVE THE HATE NICK OCEANUP
    it’s not hate if it’s fact.

• I HATE OCEANUP

OCEANUP AND HATE PEOPLE LIKE YOU

• PleaseBeMinex

Jan 31, 2012 @ 01:00 pm

So much more talented? between are good in what they do, as fan of the Jonas Brothers, i know Nick has talent, and he give his best for this, so now don’t comment this. HAHHA ‘YOU USED TO BE HIS BIGGEST FAN’ ‘YOU GET BORED’ bitch you never being a Fan, A real fan is with them till the end. I hate all those bitches that were ‘fan’ and could meet them or something, that’s my dream, i live in Chile and the M&G are TOO expensive & all the contests i never win it ._. sdfghghfd Whatever you are not a fucking fan so don’t say that, and fuck you :3

GET OVER NELTA PEOPLE

FAKE

• dilemma

nick’s fans have 7 months to go see the show .That’s why no one’s in a hurry
    some people just do not have any bit of sense
    besides who the hell is going out of town when they have school ?
    I think AND HOPE things will get better later

I think there was a single review of nick’s performance
    or wasn’t ?

• Miley_Jonas

Jan 31, 2012 @ 01:00 pm
    dilemma said:

nick’s fans have 7 months to go see the show .That’s why no one’s in a hurry
    some people just do not have any bit of sense
    besides who the hell is going out of town when they have school ?
    I think AND HOPE things will get better later

I think there was a single review of nick’s performance
    or wasn’t ?

Cheers to ur freaking comment. Amen to that. Yeah Yeah.

• Miley_Jonas

WE’RE TWINS. WE’RE TWINS. WE’RE TWINS.

• coolkat5000

Wait OMFG He did the live chat with that dude OMFGG I FUCKING LOVED THAT GUY IN UGLY BETTY XD XD Hahah My Timeline was raped and i was anoyed as fuck BUT OMGEEE UGLY BETTY DUDE <333 Hi ^,^
    Bet i'm the only one talking about him and fangirls being really... evidenceey ? Yeah you know giving evidence to every hate coment Soo Yeah, Looooooong Useless comment eh ?

you people are retarded no one gives a flying fuck about any of the jonas brothers…seriously.

• ann932

lol, i love that interview. especially elivs the dog part. and how kevin and joe are not coordinated enough to take part in broadway shows.
    how can you not love him?

and, omg, i can’t believe that some guy asked him a miley and her penis cake question, lmao.

• ann932

see, it’s all because of the lack of fans. go back to your brothers!

• l?veislouder

if this doesn’t prove talents in the three Finches, I don’t know what does. word of mouth is the best advertisement there is, and if people aren’t talking, people won’t go spend their money. Daniel broke a nine-show-week record, and Darren’s last week reached over the million mark. Nick is a good Finch… just not as good as Daniel and Darren.

• thefuturemrsnickjonas

who cares if he didn’t do as good as them! he probably did a wonderful job and he’s proud of himself! as am i.

Not shocking.