• SellyismygirlCrush

What does Konys lack of recent activity have to do with anything? I see no relevance. He said Kony should pay for his crimes, which he very well should. Africas economic and political state is discussed every day, the problem that has been brought forth is that Kony is not. People are bringing awareness to what Kony has done, because until recently, most of us didn’t even know of his existence.
    _

Exactly! The problem is how exactly do they plan to take care of Kony?

• SellyismygirlCrush

I’m still taking part in Cover The Night I hope you are to!

Wow! The dialog Selena’s shirt has caused. Overthrow Africa, make those starving little children work for the food they get, kill the dictator! Selena should be proud. Forget UNICEF, let’s send Selena with this shirt over to Africa. That will make them all fall in line to the White Man’s thinking. Absurdity will find itself in the darkest thoughts of a mind blinded by one’s own ego. But I do think Selena looks cute in that shirt, but she could wear better shoes. After all, Justin is watching her every move…:)

• sexonfire11

you only live once but love no its so wrong maybe you cant love someone the way you loved the first one but because first love is always special and usually it happens when you ‘r 15 …20 it depends but when u grow up things change and the way you love and think change too so selena shut up lol :P

Selena is wearing a sweater that says “You Only Live Once” that’s the motto nigga YOLO, we bout it every day, fuck what anybody say.

I hate that stupid logo, YOLO. No bitch you fucking live 9 times. Supid trend.

• SellyismygirlCrush

Mar 7, 2012 @ 01:34 am
    l?veislouder said:
    Mar 7, 2012 @ 01:18 am
    Oceanup, you should post something about Kony 2012! Spread the word!
    before telling people to post something, you should do some research on it. the images that you and everyone are seeing and spreading happened in 2003. Uganda has problems, but not the ones that are being seen today. telling OceanUP and everyone to post and spread the word about Kony is like telling them to spread the word about 9/11 as if it just happened. yes it was a tragedy, but it happened years ago. there are new problems to be dealt with, and if we’re going to succeed in demolishing them, we should do our research properly.
    ____

This is still going on that man is still out there. Atleast no matter how little this movement may be by trying to get the sick prick and capture him atleast it’s something! Why are you saying it happened years ago? I am involved with Free the Children and there are still child soldiers and sex slaves so what are you refering to happening years ago? How is it the same as apreading the word as 9/11? Wtf? 9/11 happened in a day.. This crisis has been going on for over 23 years.

• SellyismygirlCrush

sexonfire11 said:
    _

um your paragraph is irrelavent considering selena didnt say shit it’s her shirt and it says you only live once!

• l?veislouder

Kony has been inactive since 2006. Yes, the man should pay for his crimes, but cutting off his head is not going to solve all of Africa’s problems. America killed Osama almost a year ago, and oh look, we’re still overseas, with civilians and soldiers dying everyday. It wasn’t all Osama (or Hussain), and it’s not all Kony.
    As for the children, the children need to be saved in more ways than one, and that has to be taken into account when all these people are supporting military action in going after Kony. The man uses innocent children as soldiers and bodyguards. Every attempt at him has resulted in vicious behavior and countless lost lives, and every future attempt will result in the same. A new effort needs to be realized, one that puts the children truly out of harm’s way. I’m not going to pretend I have new ideas and I’m the new Allah and oh, praise me, but military efforts have clearly not been successful for, as you say, 23 years; something’s gotta change if this guy will ever be taken down.

• sexonfire11

actually i though she said that my bad
    but even if she didn’t say it ( you only love once )still wrong

• yeahitsernesto
  • SellyismygirlCrush

Mar 7, 2012 @ 08:12 am
    sexonfire11 said:
    actually i though she said that my bad
    but even if she didn’t say it ( you only love once )still wrong

_

my bad i was kind of rude
    yeah ou’s fail

• javi g

please ocean up post pictures of them doing something other than them leaving a trailer bring post good pics of them doing something action related like them shooting or something

• SellyismygirlCrush

_____

Good God! Where did I say it was going to solve all thier problems? It is the initiative that this organization has obviously been working hard towards, and thier tactics were to work with not against thier army.And well a SHIT LOAD of people are going to be taking part in this, I’m actually quite amazed how this has brought so many people and countries together. So I choose to look at the positive side of this even though you clearly don’t and are probrally going to come back at me with your all knowing knowledge of everything and correct me on my grammar, right? Though it’s sad that it has to be a “cool”, “trending” thing for people to notice. But like the guy said in the video spreading the word, helps atleast it’s bringing youth knowledge of whats really going on and maybe, Yes, people should look into it more. Doesn’t mean that what thier doing right now is wrong.

selena’s so pretty

you only LIVE or LOVE once?

—————
    I never said what I think people are doing (as in coming together in such a passionate response and deep desire to make a change) is wrong, because I don’t find it wrong at all. What I do find wrong is the charities that are supposedly non-for-profit and aim to help these countries when less than half their money goes to actually helping these countries and they support the use of military when children are involved and could be killed, and support military in a country that is generally in a state of peace. I do agree with how amazing the response has been, and the fact that it’s sad that it had to go viral for people to be aware of the world outside their warm, cozy home. But changing a profile picture on Facebook, camping out for one night, and even donating to charities without doing proper research is NOT going to help. As much as people want to feel they’re doing something about it, they’re just sitting on their asses.
    I’m not saying awareness isn’t good, but it’s not where trying to aid others should stop.

And something I forgot to mention in my last post, that you probably won’t agree with: doing something is not always better than nothing; sometimes it could even be worse.

• SellyismygirlCrush

__

That’s what I don’t get, thier goal is to save them. Would they really send an army to go against the child soilders to get to him? I’m sure he would use them but they could find away without doing so.. Or maybe I just watch to many crime shows. If only real life were like them *sigh*

SELENA IS SO AMAZING! SHE FUNNY, SMART, PRETTY, COOL, AND NICE.

KONY make him famous you guys!!!!!!!!
    PLEASE WATCH THIS VIDEO!!
    it has to stop NOW

—————-
    That’s the problem! That’s my point! Your goal is to save them, why are you supporting a practice in which those very children you’re trying to save could be killed? That’s why I’m not jumping on this Invisible Children bandwagon. Their views are painfully similar to “White Man’s Burden.” Most of their money goes to their merchandise and their 12 movie, not the children that may need it. But at the same time, I also don’t support charities who baby those countries. I understand wanting to help, but if you always give those countries food, money, etc without them having to work for it, they’re never going to get up and say, “Okay, time to work for me because it feels good and I should let these people help others who need it!” No, they’re going to continue sitting on their asses, their only movement being their mouth opening for their next bite. When someone is at a low point in life, you help them get back on their feet; you don’t take them in for the rest of their lives. The same should be with countries. You help them get back on their feet, teach them how to live their lives, run their government, and then you get out. You don’t go there with imperialism on the mind behind the masks of charities.

• BrokenArrow

Some people were calling Vanessa and Ash fat wtf? :L

• SellyismygirlCrush
  • SellyismygirlCrush

BrokenArrow said:
    Some people were calling Vanessa and Ash fat wtf? :L

_

I swear society is FUCKED. Really? I just.. Wow.

• l?veislouder

oh, shit son. http://www.vice.com/read/should-i-donate-money-to-kony-2012-or-not
    I do completely agree with this. However, I just wanna take in that next-to-last thought-provoking question: Isn’t it better to just stop criticizing and start helping children in need?
    We all want to help. But what constitutes as “help” will be very different to both the “opposing” side and the “supportive” side.

———————————

• SellyismygirlCrush

012 @ 10:16 am
    l?veislouder said:

__

I thought they were non profit? A little dissapointed.
    But yes I was just reading another article, and like you said :

Even if all these concerns could be set aside — assume, for a moment, that the military intelligence is good; lessons of the past have been learned; mechanisms to protect the population will be put in place; the armies of Uganda, Congo, and South Sudan are controlled; and U.S. special forces are able to find and kill Kony — would the effort bring peace? The answer is probably not.

To be sure, Kony’s death would be welcomed at home and abroad. But the mission would not be entirely satisfactory if troops killed him instead of bringing him to trial at the International Criminal Court. Only there could his crimes — and those of others — be examined in detail. The United States has not, of course, ratified the statute of the ICC, and did Obama not make reference to trying Kony in his announcement. If U.S. armed forces do engage in combat, it will be revealing to see whether they facilitate the LRA leader’s capture or his killing.

why is selena wearing really baggy clothes? is it true she pregnant is hot in florida! everyone is in t shirt and shorts and she is is in those clothes whats wrong with her?

• l?veislouder

regardless of your view on Kony, I must tell you that I cracked up at this comment. sigh* I wish people could see that laughter can solve most anything, instead of wars and arguing.

• sexonfire11

loool really

• l?veislouder

I’m not saying it’s relevant. I was asked what I meant by saying the events happened years ago, and I stated that he had been inactive in his crimes, these events, since 2006. This in no way means that I think he should be off the hook just because he stayed under the radar for over 5 years. He definitely should be punished. But people think that Kony himself is dragging these children from their beds this very moment and training them for battle, when the man has been dying on his last leg for quite a while. I just want people informed, and not blindly following the herd.

———————–

Maybe because Selena wants to and it makes her feel comfortable? Plus, I live in Florida and we know that our weather can be quite unpredictable.

Do you all think that America invades other countries too much?

I’m not sure that you completely understand the point of spreading the word. This is an ongoing tragedy that is finally getting the attention it deserves. It’s true that we won’t be able to solve all of Uganda’s problems, but we would be taking out a huge aid to those problems. Wouldn’t you want all the help you could get if you were in those kids’ situation? Turning a blind eye to something and saying well why bother anyway, it doesn’t affect us directly, is one of the reasons why this problem has been going on for so long. As a human being it’s natural to want to help other humans. Most people that talk about this problem have done their research and just want to help other humans that are suffering. I can’t stress enough that this is not just a tragedy that happened, it is still very much happening and will continue to happen if Kony isn’t stopped. It’s not like we’re asking you personally to go to Uganda and patrol, all we are asking is you spread the word, even one time. Words are so powerful and can really help in the search and arrest for Kony. We are uniting to help bring some peace to Uganda and after all doesn’t every child deserve the chance to live a safe and happy life? I really hope you can see the other side of what’s going on and try to help. :]

Mar 7, 2012 @ 01:18 am
    Oceanup, you should post something about Kony 2012! Spread the word!

Mar 7, 2012 @ 01:34 am
    l?veislouder said:

Mar 7, 2012 @ 01:18 am
    Oceanup, you should post something about Kony 2012! Spread the word!
    I kind of agree. What happens to the 20,000 soldiers that have been living like animals since they were little kids. Death and cruelty is all they know. Who is going to help them transition back into society as normal citizens? Stopping Kony is not enough. Between this and The Congo there are so many atrocities being committed everyday, that removing the head guys will not solve the problem.

kony2012-tips.tumblr.com

Mar 7, 2012 @ 11:11 am
    Do you all think that America invades other countries too much?
    ——————
    Yes. I’m a bleeding heart, wanting to save the world myself. But invading countries (especially when they don’t even want us) and trying to “fix” them is too close to “White Man’s Burden” for comfort for me.

• l?veislouder

I understand what you are trying to say. However, let me ask you this: the military, and all other fighting forces (government and the like) have been fighting against this tyrant for over 23 years. The people who actually are looking for him and have the ability to take him out are searching, fighting, and trying to end this tragedy… What makes you think the world simply just being aware, as you said, would help in any way? Since September 11, 2001, Americans (and the world) knew we were searching for and going after Osama Bin Laden. It took ten years to actually kill him, even with the whole world’s awareness. So again, you tell me how helpful it is to just raise awareness alone.

We have to start somewhere. By raising the necessary attention, we have a better chance of a finding him. This problem was virtually invisible to a lot of the world. It’s important that we all see what’s going on and maybe people will want to help in whatever way they can. That’s why we are raising awareness. :]

You only love once. Does that mean the Biebs is a one shooter?

cute

• AcidPinkLemonade

Killing Kony is just going to make his followers angry and in return, thousands of people could be killed to avenge his death. He should be punished for his crimes, but we have to think outside of the box for the way we do it is going to have a consequence just like everything else in life and may make matters worse.

I don’t mean to step on any toes, but there’s too many illiterate and uneducated people over there who don’t know how to take care of themselves. In some countries, women still don’t have rights and are seen as property. That’s the problem with Africa. Parts of it is still stuck in the past and hasn’t made any progress in contrast to places like Egypt, Seychelles, and South Africa who are more ‘advanced’ than the US. I think we should focus on educating the people first. After all, education is one of the keys to success.

As for the media, I think they need to report more on the beauty and pride of Africa instead of promoting stereotypes all of the time.

LMFAO OCEANUP YOU FUCKING PIGS. IT ACTUALLY SAYS “YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE”. STOP CHANGING EVERY FUCKING STORY TO CAUSE MORE DRAMA.

• l?veislouder

with the exception of the boots (or maybe just a different color), that’s my kind of lounging outfit. *thumbs up*

by the way, OceanUP, the saying is: “You only live once.”

whoever made this post is an idiot. if your job is to report this kind of shit then get it right…its you only LIVE once…not love…its YOLO.

Oceanup, you should post something about Kony 2012! Spread the word!

—————
    Based on Uganda’s budget (with more than half being from foreign aid) and basic human attitude, it wouldn’t matter who helped them; they wouldn’t be able to sustain themselves anyway. With constant help coming from foreign aid, no one in those countries learns how to manage their government, people, and country on their own. They will always depend on the help, money, and resources of Americans and other foreign countries, who may have the best interests at heart, and their problems will always be in existence. Anchient Chinese proverb: Give a man a fish, he’ll eat for a day. Teach a man to fish, he’ll eat for a lifetime.

loveislouder is a racist.

Mar 7, 2012 @ 04:12 am
    loveislouder is a racist.
    Not in the fucking slightest, and how dare you say that when you have no clue who I am or any views of mine that I have not made clear. I bet you don’t even realize how ironic your statement is. Racism is not love in the slightest.

This is like the 3rd day in a row that oceanup’s posted “Set pictures” ..we all get it now; they’re on set together.

Unless something actually happens on set (like ..idk, say, a fire?), it is completely unnecessary to post 50 pictures of them walking around on set every day.