One Direction #1 MAKE HISTORY

One-Direction-Up-All-Night

One Direction made history today as their debut album UP ALL NIGHT entered the US Billboard 200 chart at #1 with over 176,000 copies sold. This makes chart history as the first British group ever to debut at #1 in the US with their debut album release. UP ALL NIGHT went straight to No.1 on the digital chart within minutes of its official release last Tuesday March13th.

1D will perform their hit single ‘What Makes You Beautiful’ on the Nickelodeon Kids Choice Awards March 31, and will appear in an episode of iCarly ‘iGo One Direction’ set to premiere April 7 on Nickelodeon. The band will also be the musical guests on Saturday Night Live April 7 with guest host Sofia Vergara.

Their 2013 UK/ Ireland Arena Tour sold out immediately with more dates needing to be added. An estimated 300,000 tickets were sold in the first day. One Direction’s tour of Australia & New Zealand sold out in just three minutes.

WTH.. Niall’s teeth weren’t pleasant to look at??? They were just a little crooked you make it sound like his teeth were rotten and he only had one left. And Niall is freaking hot and so is Zayn, loads of people like him in the uk. The English- speaking world doesn’t really take too well to Pakistani/Indian looking males? You mean racists don’t. God you americas are so fucking annoying sometimes.

• xhaleylynn

I’m SO happy for them!

But I feel like this isn’t as hard to do as it was before….. They had so much promotion beforehand, album sales are lower in general, and the world is more united with pop culture than it ever has been IMO.

But if anyone did it, I’m glad its them they deserve it and more! xx

• Oh SNAP

SubwayToVenus said:
    170,000 copies is a really low number one to be honest. Anyway, congrats.

It’s only their debut album and they haven’t been known in the US that long for them to sell like a million copies or whatever.
    -______-’

@LoveisLouder, I wouldn’t call them untalented, but is their fame based on their looks or their actual musical talent? You might be surprised by the real answer! Alot of people are calling them manufactured puppets, now before u flip out on me, i didnt say that! I just read alot of posts on other sites! Im happy for them, i just hope they can keep it up, because boy bands don’t usually last that long!!

Bye Bieber.

HA! Bieber isn’t going anywhere.

• lalaland

hmmmm….well good for them.

But I dont think they’ll last toooo long. Give them a few years, they’ll hit their peak… and loose fame like the Jonas Brothers.

They’ll break up…try solo careers and reunite and try a BSB or NKOTB comeback.

so overall…boyband have a lifetime of 2-3 years. I’m not a hater, i really like some of their music….

SubwayToVenus said:
    170,000 copies is a really low number one to be honest. Anyway, congrats.

-______-’
    It’s a low number, but it still got them to number one. I’d take number one any day if I were them, and I know this will stun them.

-______-’
    It’s VERY low, Jonas brothers debuted as number one with almost 500k copies on the first week and I’m pretty sure Bieber debuted with more, anyway, don’t get me wrong, I am glad someone is finally taking over Bieber’s place, cause I can’t stand him and they seem very nice, so actually I support them, I was just noticing how people stopped buying albums.

Bye Bieber.

What the fuck does a boy band have to do with Bieber? Immature ass!! One Direction need to worry about other boy bands that come out after them, not a single musical artist!! Cause there are other boy bands coming out real soon, and all they need is even 5 hotter guys than the ones from 1D and boom, they could disappear just as fast as they appeared.. Im not saying its going to happen, im just saying it could!!

And sorry, no offence, at least Justin Bieber didnt have to go on no music reality show like Xfactor to get things done! He didnt even need Disney or Nickolodean,, All he did was post videos on youtube for his relatives to see, and they went looking and found him!!

And before i get hated on, I actually love 1D, but im so tired of all these immature fans(yes, some Bieber fans also) that feel like its a big competition, its so fuckin childish, and some of these 1D fans say that Beliebers are immature and childish, when they act the same fuckin way!!

• Live.Love.Learn.

It actually isn’t that low for a debut album. It’s not like Eminem, Weezy, or Taylor whose albums were anticipated and hyped up big time. They have their loyal supporters who’ve been fans for a while now & then some new fans from the past couple of weeks. It’s a respectable number for a new act, especially one that’s international. Xx

• l?veislouder

Everyone compares them to other boy bands (Backstreet Boys, N*SYNC, Jonas Brothers, etc) but everyone forgets the main difference: all of those bands were manufactured. One Direction came from a singing competition, where if you’re hot, good for you, but it won’t get you in. All five boys made it alone, meaning they all made their own mark to get there. Yes, some fans gravitated towards them for their looks, but Simon Cowell and the rest of the “The X Factor” judges didn’t, because looks don’t buy ratings; talent does.
    And in my personal opinion, I think every person could be attractive to someone. That’s why everyone has someone they’re meant for, because everyone has someone who sees their beauty. With that, it’d be impossible to not find someone with talent who is attractive. Not everyone will find a certain person attractive, but you can bet someone in the world will. Some people have more attractive features than others, but in the end, we’re all still beautiful to someone.

• Live.Love.Learn.

Lol no…the Jonas Brothers debuted as a flop. Their FIRST album only sold like 60,000 copies TOTAL.

———————

Such bullshit lol

Who’s justinbeiber??

Bye Bieber.
    =———–

OMG BIEBER BE SCARED, BE VERY SCARED. A BRITISH BOY BAND SOLD 150+K OMG RUN FOR YOUR LIFE BIEBER. I MEAN WOW BIEBER IT’S NOT LIKE YOU’VE SOLD OUT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN FASTER THAN MICHAEL JACKSON OR SOLD MILLIONS OF ALBUMS! :O

They Jo bros second album was num 1 and honestly it’s one of my fav albums ever!!!

I’m talking about ALBL.

Mar 20, 2012 @ 06:24 pm
    lalaland said:

hmmmm….well good for them.

They’ll break up…try solo careers and reunite and try a BSB or NKOTB comeback.

—————–

I’d like to see One Direction not put out an album for almost three years and still be talked about like the jobros. js lol

• Live.Love.Learn.

& Bieber debut album peaked at #5 & only sold 137,000 copies in its first week. Therefore 1D has nothing to be ashamed of. It’s a huge accomplishment for them <3

Who’s justinbeiber??
    ———————–

Idk who justinbeiber is but i know who justinbIeber is.

• Live.Love.Learn.

I’m talking about ALBL.
    Then that’s not a debut. This is 1D’s debut album. That was the Jonas Brothers’ THIRD album. There’s no comparison here because they had years to build up their fan base.

one direction, will not last as long as the jonas brothers, i’d be shocked if they did, the jonas brothers are on their way to a comeback, and loyal jonas fans will make them big again, in popularity!!

• SubwayToVenus

And no one knew them by 2006, their record company ditched them, and their album was only avaible for 2 weeks so it’s not really fair to consider it a flop.

• heyyou!

Jonas Brothers + One Direction tour = awesome

RIGHT, PEOPLE STILL TALK ABOUT THE JONAS BROTHERS A LOT, IF ONE DIRECTION STAYED AWAY FOR THREE YEARS, PEOPLE WILL FORGET ABOUT THEM!!!!

Such bullshit lol
    ————————-
    If it were about looks, (I’m honestly really sorry to say this, but) Niall wouldn’t have made it. His teeth weren’t pleasant to look at, and he really had nothing going for him. He grew into his own, and he fixed his teeth, but Niall still isn’t the most attractive member, and the English-speaking world doesn’t really take too well to Pakistani/Indian/etc-looking males. If it were about looks, Niall and possibly Zayn wouldn’t be there.
    But they are, because they have talent, they have personality. Yes, they are attractive boys, but that’s not all they are, and that’s what people are forgetting.

SubwayToVenus said:
    170,000 copies is a really low number one to be honest. Anyway, congrats.

Rihanna last album sold 197,000 in its first week. These are hard times.

Mar 20, 2012 @ 06:40 pm
    heyyou! said:

Jonas Brothers + One Direction tour = awesome
    —————————

One Direction can open up for them.

• xMerryh

So proud of them. This is such an acomplishment, and it’s only the third one of many to come:)

So, Max. Who’s got a #1 album in the Billboard 200?
    Ha, not your band.

• lalaland

maybe.

But they did make the JONAS LA, Camprock 2 album.

…besides, I haven’t seen JoBros trend in a while.

face it. JoBros will never be as big as they were. they grew up. fans grew up.

another New Kids on the Block.

I’m not hating. I like them, and I wish they came back and took out Justin. But they aren’t.

joBros dont sell tickets as well as they used to.

na, it should a co-tour.

• SubwayToVenus

Well, their 2nd album was considered their 1st album and it sold the same amount of copies 1D did, but they debuted as number 5 because by the time people actually bought albums.

• l?veislouder

Same goes for the other boy bands you just mentioned, don’t be biassed.
    ————————
    No, because they were manufactured, meaning not just anyone could have made it into that group. They were selected on looks. You think all those bands knew each other or were in the same place at the same time? No, the people behind the scenes said, “Hmm, Nick and Bryan would look good with J.C.” and “Justin looks good, and let’s put Lance in there with him too” and other various statements like that. One Direction came from talent first, looks second.

• SubwayToVenus

Understandable, but it isn’t fair for you to take away from 1D’s accomplishment either, because they did in fact beat out the JB’s debut album.
    Oh my God, I’m saying I’m really really happy for them, I like them, I’ll buy their album, I was just wondering why people don’t buy albums anymore.

No, because they were manufactured, meaning not just anyone could have made it into that group. They were selected on looks. One Direction came from talent first, looks second.
    ———————-

You mentioned the Jonas Brothers there. I’m sorry but Nick, Joe and Kevin weren’t exactly good looking at the time they were signed to Disney and Kevin never was…

• TakeItAndRun

Since i saw those guys on the x-factor i knew they were going to be big, but definitily not this big O.O wow.

• Live.Love.Learn.

Aren’t you from the UK? O.o You could’ve had the album for months now

People don’t buy albums cause they illegaly download them. :D

maybe.

But they did make the JONAS LA, Camprock 2 album.

…besides, I haven’t seen JoBros trend in a while.

face it. JoBros will never be as big as they were. they grew up. fans grew up.

another New Kids on the Block.

Lol, nope. First of all Jonas LA and CR2 weren’t THEIR albums and secondly, they trend almost everyday.

• l?veislouder

Maybe not good looking to young adults, but they were attractive to pre-teens. Also, to be perfectly honest, Nick was the only one ever really wanted, and he was cute. Papa J was always on the deal of “it’s all my boys or none.” It worked when they signed with Columbia, it worked when they signed with Hollywood, and it worked when Joe auditioned for Camp Rock alone. Nate and Jason weren’t included in the initial script; they were written in specifically for Nick and Kevin. Nick was the cutest and was the one really wanted, but the only way to get him was to have all of them; I’d call that manufactured.

Aren’t you from the UK? O.o You could’ve had the album for months now
    I don’t love them, I don’t know any of their songs, I just know their names, I could buy it to give it a try, but I’m not a fan tbh. I do like them as persons though, they seem cool.

People don’t buy albums cause they illegaly download them. :D
    ————————
    This. Sad, but true. This is why some bands don’t make it into that certain spot, and others do.

The Jonas Brothers were sort of fug around the time they first started on Disney, during the ~Niley times. The grew into their looks and by the time they filmed the first CR Joe starting looking hot, then Nick followed, the rest is as they say history.

• SubwayToVenus

That’s pretty unfair. They weren’t hired for their looks, they were regular looking, nothing special, they were hired for their charisma, they weren’t sex symbols when they guest starred in Hannah Montana, were they?

• kristin6410

awh thats cute how they all stuck together and didn’t leave one another behind :’]

Liam is so cute :,)

—————————–

Yeah but I can see it from both points. Some people just don’t have the money to waste buying music.

—————————
    Nick was the one wanted for his talent, but you can’t deny the kid was friggin adorable as well. Joe wasn’t horrible looking, and Kevin had a lot of charisma. They weren’t sex symbols, but that was their appeal to the media. The whole “virgin fo’ life” thing was different. I mean, I know Britney, Justin, and Christina were very pro-virgin and against pre-marital sex, but it was never blown up like with the Jonas Brothers and their purity rings.

———————

Nick was the cutest when they started, then Nick went through an awkward phas.. then Joe got hotter. Joe was hotter than Nick for a while, then Nick got hotter again.

• Live.Love.Learn.

People don’t buy albums cause they illegaly download them. :D

Exactly. Plus all of the older 1D fans from a while ago already have the album from when it was released in the UK. I know I do. & some don’t have the money to go out & buy something they already have just to support the boys.

so proud of my babes

• SubwayToVenus

Yeah, maybe, still I don’t think their looks were the reason they became famous, of course many fans were in for their looks, but I’m pretty sure that happens with every band with cute members.

——————
    That’s luck. I don’t think Hollywood predicted their looks skyrocketing. Even today, long-term Jonas fans are claiming their shock over how good-looking Kevin is.

People don’t buy albums cause they illegaly download them. :D
    This is what I’m saying. That’s sad though.

• SubwayToVenus

I really really hope from the very bottom of my soul these guys make it big and kick Bieber out of the picture, they deserve it, they’re SO nice and so humble, unlike Justin. I also hope they become friendly with the Jonases so we could maybe enjoy a duet, the 1d guys follow Nick and Joe, so anything could happen.

———————-
    The same could be said for One Direction.
    All bands have appealing members because it’s very hard to find a band that nobody finds at least one person attractive.

———————-
    The same could be said for One Direction.
    I never said 1D became famous for their looks though, I think their charisma bought people.

• Live.Love.Learn.

I think all of the Jonases were good-looking when they were on Hannah Montana tbh. They certainly weren’t bad on the eyes.

——————
    No, I was just saying that in general, not that you said that. It is annoying to hear One Direction succeeded because of their looks though, because to say the guys are untalented is bullshit.

——————
    I’ve seen their performance with Robbie Williams, only because I adore Robbie and they were so cute , they sounded like a group of angels.

• kristin6410

when one direction becomes big justin and selena will regret hiding there faces from the paps xp

Joe said he missed Miami….. guess who is Miami…

true, kevin is better looking now that he got married, but, joe is hottest, sexiest, than nick, nick too seems to be getting hotter and sexy, the jonas bros are still hotter, better singers than any of those one directions.

they suck so fucking hard

they suck so fucking hard

they suck so fucking hard

they suck so fucking hard

they suck so fucking hard

• l?veislouder

Wow, I’m really happy for them. Honestly, good. for. them.
    I’d like to see someone call them untalented now.

i think they’re untalented, their in my opinion, bacstreet boys wannabee, their better off, if they go solo, like robbie williams did, they’re not as atalented as the backstreet boys, or the jonas brothers, i feel their popularity will die down next year, i’m sorry!!!!!

—————-
    I think the same. I was most attracted to Joe at that time, but they were all blessed in the genetics department.
    (maybe Nick will love me now that I’ve used the word “blessed”! haha)

• SubwayToVenus

Kevin was looking his best by then imo.

who is in miami*

————————
    That’s a good way to put it ;D haha. I love them all <3

• SubwayToVenus

Joe said he missed Miami….. guess who is Miami…
    He misses Miami. He misses MIAMI, no reading between the lines anon, no more reading between the lines.

——————-

they were average at best

————————
    That’s a good way to put it ;D haha. I love them all <3
    I like them because they have Robbie’s personality which is a very british personality and I loooooove that, Robbie has literaly MADE OUT with fans ON STAGE, that is hysterical, I hope 1D do the same thing.

—————–

Brooke Josa is in Miami.

• 1D POP PLASTIC

POP PLASTIC… I LOVE BIEBER JAJAAAJ

• FROM TRUE FAN JONAS

ONE DIRECTION IS A BOY BAND .. DANCE AND SING, BUT THE JONAS BROTHERS PLAYING GUITAR, DRUMS, NOT A BOY BAND IS A POP ROCK BAND

PLEASE CONSIDER

—————————
    Won’t happen =/
    The guys’ management told them to stop bringing girls up on stage just to sing to them, because girls went all belieber-crazy on each other and were hating on the girls who were picked. That was just for the chance to be sang to; no girl will ever get the chance to be kissed on stage (unless Liam proposes to Danielle on stage, which I wouldn’t put pass him).

• Live.Love.Learn.

(maybe Nick will love me now that I’ve used the word “blessed”! haha)
    same here! NEGL. I was very attracted to Joe when they first came out. But for me, he got less & less attractive as he got older. Nick is the best looking now IMO

—————————-
    Same here, broski ;D haha

Harry Styles is ugly. The rest of them are pretty cute though. But um yeah, congrats to them.

————————–
    Won’t happen =/
    The guys’ management told them to stop bringing girls up on stage just to sing to them, because girls went all belieber-crazy on each other and were hating on the girl who were picked. That was just for the chance to be sang to; no girl will ever get the chance to be kissed on stage (unless Liam proposes to Danielle on stage, which I wouldn’t put pass him).
    Yep, same thing happened with Jonas, they used to pick up girls on stage and then they started picking up only little girls otherwise people went bat shit crazy, but c’mon, this is caring about your fans
    they seem to have that personality, PR managaments suck.

• Live.Love.Learn.

He’s gorgeous :o

——————————-
    lol I feel like I’m in an alternate universe, reading that. Usually it’s “Harry is the best looking, the others are ugly” not the other way around.

• SubwayToVenus

if you watch the video, skip to 1:27, it gets pretty interesting.

• l?veislouder

they seem to have that personality, PR managaments suck.
    ————————-
    Yep, Justin did the same thing for “One Less Lonely Girl”
    the last “One Less Lonely Girl” I know to go up on stage was Selena… hey, maybe there is something to this being sang to on stage thing. hahaha

————————-
    Yep, Justin did the same thing for “One Less Lonely Girl”
    Justin touched a girls’ boob and then made out with her on stage? :/

• thisloveisours

they totally deserve it, i’ve been a fan since they were on x factor and they honestly have worked SO hard to make it, they weren’t just given success over night like some people like to think. which is one of the reasons i love them so much :D

• thisloveisours

harry is so hot it hurts :S

• SubwayToVenus

Is it weird that I don’t find Harry attractive?

• thisloveisours

SubwayToVenus said:
    Is it weird that I don’t find Harry attractive?

yes :P

• kristin6410

Yep, Justin did the same thing for “One Less Lonely Girl”
    thats gross he doesnt know where that girls been

• kristin6410

Is it weird that I don’t find Harry attractive?
    i dont really find him attractive lol

thats gross he doesnt know where that girls been
    I find that cute, but I don’t think Justin made out with the girl, I think he only sang to the girl, I’ve never seen a video of him making out with a random fan.

• SubwayToVenus

s it weird that I don’t find Harry attractive?
    i dont really find him attractive lol
    Me neither. I do find Liam gorgeous and Niall super adorable.

• kristin6410

i was saying cause the girl could be like a slut… you dont wanna be making out with a girl thats been around.
    singing to a girl is cute <3

• kristin6410

Me neither. I do find Liam gorgeous and Niall super adorable.
    i like liam and zayn is sometimes cute

• thisloveisours

i think harry and then zayn are the hottest

• kristin6410

i think harry looks to young with his chubby cheeks and longish hair. i perfer them to look a little more manly

Congrats!! I love my boys and since when is 170k low? All 3 of selenas album has been under 90′ nick jonas album was under 100k and mileys album was 145k and 1d has only been known in america for a couple months so I think this is amazing!!!!

• barbiescunt

Jobros UK Edition.

—————–

Brooke Josa is in Miami.
    No more reading between the lines. He misses Miami.

No more reading between the lines. He misses Miami.

His miami *family

• FROM TRUE FAN JONAS

BEFORE IT WAS HARD TO BE GIVEN TO KNOW, SO ITS ABOUT TIME THE ALBUM SOLD 60.000 copies

JUSTIN BIEBER IS KNOWN BY YOUTUBE

FANS MEET ONE DIRECTION FOR A TWITTER AT LEAST IN USA AND LATINAMERICA

BEFORE WAS MORE DIFFICULT

THE JONAS BROTHERS TO PROMOTE THE DISC WITH LIVE CHATS AND MYSPACE … WAS COMPLICATED

INVESTIGATE BEFORE

SORRY IF YOU NOT UNDERSTAND

(replying to this) – Mar 21, 2012 @ 06:41 am
    lol at people saying “if so-and-so left for three years, they’d be forgotten.” first of all, the Jonas Brothers didnt leave; both Nick and Joe did solo projects, and all three attended events in the media, keeping their names relevant. second, everyone acts like that’s the standard in Hollywood, to take a break and only the most important ones are remembered. Jonas Brothers chose to take a break from their group after four years of non-stop mayhem; they chose it (and I daresay they deserved it). One Direction isn’t choosing to do anything. They’re working, and still have another three years to work, if we’re going by Jonas standard. So really, all this “if they went away, no one would remember them” is stupid and irrelevant.

why did kevin leave the group. did keven leave the group someone explain wut happend im so f***ing confused!! so someone expalain pleaseeee!! sry didnt have enough time to make a acount i will

my little boys r doin so well

they are going to freaking blow uppppp, i’m so happy for them :DDDD can’t wait for everybody to be super obsessed.. oh wait, yes i can. but these guys seriously have it all. and the “new” fans and probably most of the people commenting have no idea how… different they are. they’re all hilarious, and together, they’re just… amazing. they’re candid, they’ve talked about sex and girls and stuff before (although that will probably be prohibited now with all this nickelodeon crap) but they truly do have it all. and i really don’t think people can even imagine how big they’re GOING to get, because their loyal fans who’ve been around forever will never stop supporting these boys. and that fanbase is just going to grow. they’ve come so far and they’re still learning but they better get ready for one hell of a ride :)

oh, and if you guys remember… justin bieber years ago just as he was coming onto the scene… the same sort of statements being made. oh he won’t last blah blah. i mean look at him now. i’m not trying to compare them, but i do think people are underestimating them..

“whose the cutest member of the wanted?”
    “uhmm.. im gonna go for harry”
    “thanks man”

hahahahahaha larry stylinson <333

• ARC

Aww iM not a fan but congrats to them! I might go buy the album and start listening to them… I mean they are cute and I heard one song and I liked it lol:)

• SubwayToVenus

170,000 copies is a really low number one to be honest. Anyway, congrats.

• BrokenArrow

OMG. Congrats babes!

my bbys are doing so well

• kristin6410

take that the wanted lol

• Live.Love.Learn.

I don’t buy music often tbh, but I did buy Up All Night to support them. Even got a few of my friends to buy it! Really, truly happy for them :D

• LoveToLove

embrace yourselves, one direction will soon take over

• LoveToLove

ake that the wanted lol

__________

amen sista!

1D SUCKS I LOVE JUSTIN

———————–

Same goes for the other boy bands you just mentioned, don’t be biassed.

• kristin6410

———————

Such bullshit lol

not bullshit wat are you talking about? you have to have more than looks to win a competition o.O

———————
    It was still their debut though, and it still failed miserably. Record companies don’t drop successful acts.

On an ironic note though, One Direction is signed with Columbia Records, the company that dropped the Jonas Brothers. Not that this means anything, per say, I just find it interesting.

maybe.

But they did make the JONAS LA, Camprock 2 album.

…besides, I haven’t seen JoBros trend in a while.

face it. JoBros will never be as big as they were. they grew up. fans grew up.

another New Kids on the Block.

————————-

That was two years ago and it doesn’t count cause it wasn’t a Jonas album.

Um they trend every other day.

• Live.Love.Learn.