Joe Jonas Defends Himself Over Fan Story

joejgorejgr

About this story likely! It did sound over the top!

From Emma H: In October 2011 I met Joe Jonas at the O2 in Dublin, I won a contest on the show on RTÉ called Juice. When I met Joe my heart was racing and I looked at him and he smiled and said to me ‘Hey, how’s it going?’ I was so shocked that I was meeting him I didn’t even answer, I just smiled and giggled! I looked at him and said to him ‘Can I have a hug??’ he smiled and said ‘Yeah, of course” He hugged me and I hugged him back!

From @_thelaura_: I just want to clear something about Joe Jonas attitude. I met joe jonas over 30 times and I can tell you that Joe has never been rude with me. Even when he’s tired, in rush, busy, he always stop for his fans. ALWAYS. I never saw him refuse to take a picture with a fan. He’s always polite, patient and kind. He’s taking his time for us.

Even once when my camera didn’t work, he waited like 5 minutes just for me. And about his bodyguard of course he’s protective, he’s doing his job, he’s here for joe safety. And when you know him, Derick is really a great guy, always here to ask if all is doing fine and giving you hugs. So I finished my speech, I just wanted to make it clear. You can believe it, JOE IS A SWEETHEART WITH HIS FANS, he really cares about them.

Joe, nobody wants you in South America by yourself, so unless you’ve got Kevin and Nick inside your suitcase, do not come :)

so he does read oceanup?

shut up Nick Nack, i want Joey pooh to bring his sexy ass over here.

———————–
    Are you crazy? Do you see the crazy ass SA fans all over twitter? Asking for Joe to come to SA all the damn time. Look how crazy they were when he did the MTV world stage in Mexico.

If Joe does come to South America, he’ll be sponsored by Radio Disney, lmaaaao, the only thing he was trying to leave behind, how ironic. It’s the only radio station he gets played on, though.

so he does read oceanup?
    —————————-
    maybe, but the letter was on tumblr first.

#STAYSOLOJOE My wish is for Joe to get new management, and a new record label. His cd is really good, most of his songs are way better then the shit that gets played on the radio now. If he had better record label and managers he could do so much better.

• SmilerEtLovatic

NO! Nick got to tour SA by himself, and so should Joe. I personally don’t care to see the Jonas Brothers but I saw this past summer in Minneapolis and he was such an awesome live performer! He played really well to the audience too. It was great! I would give my life savings again to see him perform solo!

oh i know he’s a good performer :) but his album wasn’t a big succed unlike nick’s so it’s different. it would be better ($$$$$) if he comes with the jobros

His music is EXACTLY what gets played on the radio, dear. Joe wanted to go commercial for this record, to do what really sells. His music is by no meanings award-worthy, so don’t say it’s better than all music in the radio.

Mar 25, 2012 @ 01:26 pm

—————————
    That is soo not true. I hear Jo alot on Sirius all the time. And Q102 played him alot. So did B96 in Chicago and KDWB in Minneapolis.

SmilerEtLovatic said:

Nick’s wasn’t successful either, difference is Nick’s wasn’t meant to be so. The kind of music he did was not made for radio, unlike Joe’s.

—————————
    Dude, I’m talking about South America.

Don’t think there ever will be another Jobros tour. In order for a tour to happen they’d need a new album. (That wouldn’t be for a looong time). In order for it to sell Nick & Joe would have stay single. (That is NEVER going to happen). Solo recording careers didn’t go well. Which is strange, cause Joe has the looks and personality to go it alone and his songs were surprisingly good.

———————————–
    Nicks cd tanked it wasn’t a success at all. You do know Joe has sold over 100K world wide and there is still people just now finding out about his solo cd. His Miami club outings have been serving him well. He can continue to grow.

Dude, I’m talking about South America.
    ————————-
    If you don’t think he has alot of SA fans go search his name on twitter. Plus who cares where he gets what radio station he gets played on, as long as people buy tickets to her show.

First, they’re working on a new album right now.
    Second, they still have a good bunch of fans left. Fans that have grown up and don’t give a shit about their personal lives.
    Third, I believe a small tour might happen, maybe like NJATA one, HoB type. And of course they’ll go to south america.

————————
    That is because his record label, and his management suck. Even his record producer Rob Knox has come right out and said that!

———————————–
    If the JOBROS put out a crappy record like LVATT was no one is gonna care or want to them in concert. That is why Nick better NOT be writing the songs for this cd by himself, or singing the majority of the songs too. That is why alot of Jonas fans walked away after LVATT was released.

———————————–
    Are you seriously blaming Nick? If Nick doesn’t write the songs, no one will. It was not about the songwriting or who sang the songs, though, it was about the sudden change from ALBL to LVATT. They tried to grow up in style to fast, trying too many styles that were clearly not theirs.

Nick’s solo came out at the height of their fame, so of course it did better than Joe’s. But it never came anywhere close to what a Jonas Brothers CD did. But it looks like Nick’s happy just being on Broadway and having a local audience come see him. Maybe he doesn’t want all the worldwide fame and tour traveling that comes w/the Jobros. Maybe he likes being in one place.

—————
    According to most of the reviews, Black Keys was one of the best song was on that album. Wanna know who wrote that song? Nick did, by himself.

Even thought i didn’t loved LVATT as much as i loved ALBL i can say that LVATT was way more mature than ALBL but the sound of the record in general, it wasn’t very appealing. But i still loved it.

i’m a Joe lover but i gotta admit that Nick takes the songwriter crown.

• SmilerEtLovatic

radio isn’t everything, Who I Am was bigger than see no more, nick’s album had way more publicity and the album came out when the jobros where still on the top and nick decided to go solo, unlike joe who just released the album last year. so yeah, nick’s album was more succesful than joe’s. tbh joe’s music is bad and nick’s isn’t.

——————————————
    Sorry that song and cd sucked

• justmebabe

I am huge Jonas Fan but Joe’s tweet about the whole Joe was drunk and out of control thing was a complete failure. Truth is 65 % of Jonas Fans have already mentioned how rude and pathetick Derick Henry is and Joe needs to accept the fact that everyone goes through tuff situations we all need to put up with, get over and learn from them, you know? Let’s pretend Joe never got drunk, he’s never been out of control but WHAT IF HE WAS DRUNK OR HE WAS OUT OF CONTROL? He’s a 22 years old known rockstar worldwide guy who can’t have a private life because paparazzis and people will come to him and stalk every little thing he does. People think Joe won’t get drunk because his last name is JONAS. Grow up please. Joe has definitely not came from heaven, he’s only a human who’s making mistakes, enjoying life and learning from each little thing he can. Leave the guy alone. It’s annoying how Joe can’t get drunk without having people going like: he was rude and stuff, maybe..if you all didn’t bother him while he’s enjoying his beer and friends he wouldn’t react like that and that’s it. I believe Joe’s a great human being and he has a public image and a reputation to deal with ad take care of for your pleasure sadly so the only thing he can do is go on twitter to defend himself for doing something he has the right to do since he’s 22 now.

Are crazy, not just love him in “Mexico” but throughout Latin America! I’m from Argentina and when he put that tweet, facebook and twitter exploded with excitement, the gringos do not appreciate what they have, the only Latin American dying to see a jonas in stage!

Has anyone ever noticed that when/if a story comes out Joe either says something about fans, or posts a picture? It’s kind of weird, if you ask me. It’s like he’s always trying to distract them from something. When that BG came out that was obviously pointed towards him he made his Instagram public and then everyone was so wrapped up in that, they just forgot about the BG or anything bad. I think if anyone has to defend themselves (like Demi does/did many times) that it’s completely true. Just sad that he can’t ever admit to his problems, but allows his fans to attack innocent people for telling the truth or talks about something that happened.

OMG

Honestly I met him in 2011 and he was extremely rude, but I met him before in 2008/2009 and he seemed so nice. Nick I met recently and he was soo nice!! I havent met Kevin in a while, but he was nice when I did!

• justmebabe

The real awkward moment when I got called a bad fan for being logical in here. Haha. I love Joe and I love he defends himself. Have I said Joe was actually drunk? Huh..I don’t think so, go learn how to read correctly and we might talk then. I said Joe might had been drunk and so what if he was actually… Maybe he was drunk or maybe he was not. NONE OF US was there, so I’m not letting my words get twisted by you all. Joe owns the right to do whatever he wants. But none of you will accept that because he’s a Jonas. Which is kinda annoying. ._.

Sadly all celebrities are at the mercy of haters who want to hurt, get attention or whatever. What about the weirdo that said she was pregnant with Biebers kid!! Not saying that celebrities dont have bad days when they are tired or grumpy but for the most part I know they appreciate their fans because they are nothing without them. Think sometimes they are right to stand up and say when some rumous are not only not true but extremely hurtful and malicious.

Not all celebrities, some think they are too big for their fans. Not all celebrities, but a lot.

• JoeHoe15

Supporting you JJ all the way! This is the first time that Joe spoke about the haters. God bless you babe. xo

Oceanup needs to get shut down for kissing certain celebrities asses and posting bullshit articles for any others. People who STILL pick on Joe and find reasons to hate him are idiots. People take advantage of the fact that Joe is such a good person. He meets every single fan, he is part of 20+ charities, and he works hard that when he goes out and drinks he’s apparently some monster? No. People who feel the need to post bullshit stories about a person as genuine as Joe obviously need a hug. This absolutely sickens me. Joe is 22 and he’s a person. The fact that people don’t realize that he has a heart and feelings is really bothersome. And everyone who’s trashing him in these comments needs some serious help. Ieave him alone and get some lives of your own. xo

I’ve met Joe and he is the sweetest person in the world, even when he is In a hurry. The first time, we got a group picture but he shook our hand one by one, looked us in the eyes and asked us how we were. The second time, he took pictures with every single person even though derick kept saying “okay, this is the last one” people who claim that Joe is an asshole obviously love to hate. Can we talk about how a fan wanted a picture with a one direction member and he said no because it was his “day off” or is Joe the only one who gets picked on here?

Honestly, if I was a singer, I’d really be wondering why do I have to meet you, why are you so interested in seeing me in person. I sing your music, you pay for it. Why the fuck do you need more? Meeting me should not influence you and you’re biting off more than you should chew. It’s great that you will pay tens of dollars to see me in person, but why?! I basically take your money for something you’re buying into. What is so exciting about me? The music on its own merit should be enough for you whether or not to spend your money. You’re too much into this and you’re too much into me. What is you’re avoiding that you’re so much into this person that sings your music you happen to like?

That’s what I would think. :-p

good point

whatever. ive seen the jonas brothers like 3 times. one of those times joe was EXTREMELY rude. the other two times he was quite nice. nick and kevin were nice all 3 times.

it makes no difference to me. i love the jo bros (joe especially) and the day joe was rude, he looked upset about something before the fans even said anything to him so i understand. people aren’t nice 100% of the time. hes human.

finally! he defends himself! this kid always eats all the shit he gets, he is a good person but he has some family problems

I don’t know what is going on,But I know this Joseph has been through alot, way more than his brothers did.I am amazed he hade’nt explode he has been through alot in the past and in the present.What you are realizing is he is a person,a person only takes so much.He does not have support,his brothers are VERY rude too him and his parents practically kick him out in the cold.He is very much alone.Why do you think he has so many idiots for friends,he doesn’t care any more.Please understand this is a human being,who did not grow up right and who is very alone.

Thanks for all the nice remarks.

• laroc

1. To those anons slagging him off, the least you could do is find a spine and come off anon. 2. Just because he got rid of his purity ring does not mean his the rest of his values of a GOOD WHOLESOME CHRISTIAN went with it. They are all sweethearts I am sure, live by this motto, WORDS DO HURT, so if you don’t have anything kind or truthful to say, don’t say it at all.

Mar 25, 2012 @ 12:59 pm
    Haha. Fail.

The sad thing is that this could be entirely true and because Joe said it wasn’t, his pathetic stans will ignore the fact that he’s a total fucking douche.

Mar 25, 2012 @ 12:59 pm
    Haha. Fail.

Mar 25, 2012 @ 12:59 pm
    Haha. Fail.

Mar 25, 2012 @ 12:59 pm
    Haha. Fail.

the only song i liked on his album was just in love

I loved fastlife….

I loved FastLife. It is a fun funky cd I love to crank up in my car! I couldn’t stand Nicks cd I just thought it was silly, he just tried to hard on it to be something he isn’t and it showed!

• xopretty00

Mar 25, 2012 @ 02:08 pm

Which BG? Aren’t they all bullshit, though? And I don’t really remember Joe defending himself often or ever actually.

Joe defended himself on the coke blind about two or three weeks ago.

i’m a Joe lover but i gotta admit that Nick takes the songwriter crown.
    ———————-
    I disagree Nicks song are corny and well crappy, he uses to many cliches and re-harsh or other people lyrics. I loved all of Joes songs!

——————-
    “Who I am” only got played on Radio Disney. At least “See No More” actually got played on top 40 radio. And MTV never played Nick video but they have played both of Joes!

He didn’t exactly defend himself.. just distracted fans from what happened.

wow you think you’re smart with all that analyzing.. when actually that’s stupid.
    Joe doesn’t need to defecnd himself since he has never done anythigng wrog.. if OU would actually post legit fan experience you’d see how nice he and don’t you think if he was actually a douche and everything someone else who had been there would say so? and he also took a picture with her and he was smiling and I’m pretty sure he was nice with .. I don’t know about Derick but I do KNOW that Joe is one of the nicest people to his fans .. I’ve heard from lots of people who met him that he was super nice to them and met every single fan..

if you want to believe one stupid obviously fake story .. then okay that just shows how stupid you are ..

• xopretty00

Mar 25, 2012 @ 02:16 pm

Joe defended himself on the coke blind about two or three weeks ago.

What did he say?

I can’t take Joe seriously sometimes with his spelling.

OCEANUP YOU’RE A GREAT BASTARD!

every single celebrity has fans, even miranda cosgrove and victoria justice. you can’t depend in your fans to grow, EVERYONE has to like you so they buy at least your singles. and that’s not something that happens to joe. only jonatics bought his album, because the music was bad.
    ————————
    Actually Joe has started to get played in clubs. Like Love Slayer going to number 5 on the club charts. Why do you think he has been going to Miami so network with NON-JONAS fans. I loved Joes songs, I don’t think the music is bad at all.

Joe is and will always be the #BESTJONAS!

OCEANUP YOU’RE A GREAT BASTARD!

Joe, what does that even mean?

He didn’t exactly defend himself.. just distracted fans from what happened.
    —————
    He said he loves his fans and pretty much said people will lie and say anything for a story and to be seen. And that’s pathetic anyway for someone to believe anything someone says.

OCEANUP: FUCK YOU BASTARD!

——————-
    ——————-
    not true back when who I am came out MTV was so playing it.

i’m a Joe lover but i gotta admit that Nick takes the songwriter crown.
    ———————-
    —————-
    Nick’s songs are far from corny and crappy. wow just wow. stfu

Plus, I don’t think it’s fair to compare Joe’s music to Nick ..
    1-Nick’s album Came out when the Jonas Bros had way more fans than they did when Joe released FastLife.
    2-Nick’s music is more like the JoBros’ music that’s why Jonas fans loved the album, while Joe’s music isn’t what Jonas fans are used too and of course no one gave him a chance since he’s a Jonas and his own fans said his music sucked. which isn’t true my sister was never a fan of the Jonas brother she hated ‘their shit’ but she loves Joe’s music since I told her about his music she gave him a chance ..
    FastLife is under-reated no artist Sucks! just because the music they made isn’t the style of music you like doesn’t mean that it sucks. the poor guy worked none stop for a year to write an album and then a year to promote it.. and that’s what he gets? his own fans thinking he sucks? he deserves better fans .. and all you Nick stans need to realize that if you call yourselves Jonas fans then you need to support Kev and Joe just as much or you’re just a Nick Jonas fan. smh.

• Jonas fan forever

you all can go to hell! bitches please. Where are the true jonas fans? I love the three of them! they’re my everything and will be there forever. I don’t care about their music styles. I like Nick’s style and Joe’s.
    They’re so good, and only true fans will support both of them! they’re living their dreams. Let them do what they want.

i’m a Joe lover but i gotta admit that Nick takes the songwriter crown.
    ———————-
    —————-
    Nick’s songs are far from corny and crappy. wow just wow. stfu

people have opinions.. believe it or not some people like Joe better!!! gosh.
    I love them both I think they are both extremely talented but I kinda prefer Joe’s writing .. ps. i’m not the same girl.

OCEANUP: FUCK YOU BASTARD!

rofl

I liked both Joe and Nick’s albums.

• Nadia

Vayanse todas a la mierda, idiotas.

South America loves Joe Jonas, Nick Jonas, Kevin Jonas and THE JONAS BROTHERS <3

american fans suck.

Mar 25, 2012 @ 02:30 pm

i’m a Joe lover but i gotta admit that Nick takes the songwriter crown.
    ———————-
    —————-
    Nick’s songs are far from corny and crappy. wow just wow. stfu

people have opinions.. believe it or not some people like Joe better!!! gosh.
    —————–
    well she doesnt have to say it’s corny and crappy. Nick is one of the most talented people around so I’m not letting anyone get away with that when I’m around

• Carly

maybe if he wouldn’t go to clubs nearly every night of his life,he wouldn’t have to deal with ppl making up stories…

• Nadia

JAJAJA mal boluda, es re triste ver como se pelean por Joe o Nick. O sea, son los Jonas, dejense de joder. Si un album no les gusta, no lo escuchen, pero si alguna vez fueron fan de los Jonas respeten sus proyectos individuales U.U las odio a las pendejas éstas. Por eso Joe extraña Sudámerica, acá es amado (?

• Jonatica

Nadia said:
    Vayanse todas a la mierda, idiotas.

american fans suck.

————————
    Let me love youuuuuuuuuuuuu , somos re awesome nosotras , siempre presentes! Las gringas son unas reverendas pelotudas (?
    No tiene nada que ver.(?

are crazy, not just love him in “Mexico” but throughout Latin America! I’m from Argentina and when he put that tweet, facebook and twitter exploded with excitement, the gringos do not appreciate what they have, the only Latin American dying to see a jonas in stage!

• SmilerEtLovatic

oh so joe’s coming, whatever

• SmilerEtLovatic

i guess he’s touring south america by himself promoting Fastlife, he should come with the jobros until they release the album

Haha. Fail.

• SubwayToVenus

Lol, dumb bitch. I love you Joey :)

GET IT JOE.

their* stories, Joe. THEIR.

Mar 25, 2012 @ 12:54 pm
    SmilerEtLovatic said:

————————

• xopretty00

Haha. Fail.

Or the story could actually be fake. I am in no way a Joe stan but the story did seem iffy. Not because of the way the girl claimed Joe acted but because she contradicted herself a lot and made it sound like she was showing off.

Haha. Fail.

——————-
    But it’s not true. And you know him so well to judge him right? He would never even talk to u Ms. nobody.

i’ve met joe about 50 times, he has been rude before (especially when he was younger) he is nice for the most part- but nick and kevin are a million times nicer. and his body guard is a douche. he’s not doing his job he’s being an ass. he thinks hes the shit but he’s just an asshole. when one of the jonas brothers agrees that derek is an ass you know it must be true………….. just saying.

I went to Joe’s concert in Cleveland ,Derick was fine , real nice to fans ,gave hugs etc.
    Joe was kinda rude ,fans waited by his bus after the show ,he never came out ,fans were calm & lined up ,he stayed in his bus.. He barely met fans & was unfriendly + the show was rushed .

WTF??? ‘re crazy, not just love him in “mexico” but throughout Latin America! I’m from Argentina and when he put that tweet facebook and twitter exploded with excitement, the gringos do not appreciate what they have, the only Latin American dying to see a jonas in esenario!

• SubwayToVenus

I love the Jonas brothers, like seriously I adore them, I love their music, I think they’re talented and they work their asses off. I actually think they should sell more than they actually do, but in this case I guess Joe’s album sold what it deserved to sell, it was a terrible album, he was trying to put on an image that just has nothing to do with the Jonas brothers and obviously Jonas fans were the ones who were supposed to buy the album and even though Nick’s music is also different from the Jonas music, it was amazing you know, I don’t listen to Justin Bieber or Chris Brown, I don’t wanna buy that music Joe, and that is the reason why I listen to the Jonas brothers, I like that type of music, so honestly, even though I think Joe is talented, without Nick he’s just lost. MY OPINION, don’t judge.

——————

• SubwayToVenus

And whoever said Who I am was bad, knows NOTHING about music, it is Grammy worthy, genius. Oh, and people in SA are freaking the hell out, they’re like crashing Twitter so I guess that they all support BOTH Joe and Nick, stop bitching.

Agree that Joe got drowned out on LVATT. And I like Nick. But he really got the starring role on that one. Turn Right was the best vocal on the CD and it was both of them singing. How it should be.

• SmilerEtLovatic

justmebabe said:

I am huge Jonas Fan but Joe’s tweet about the whole Joe was drunk and out of control thing was a complete failure. Truth is 65 % of Jonas Fans have already mentioned how rude and pathetick Derick Henry is and Joe needs to accept the fact that everyone goes through tuff situations we all need to put up with, get over and learn from them, you know? Let’s pretend Joe necer got drunk, he’s never been out of control but WHAT IF HE WAS DRUNK OR HE WAS OUT OF CONTROL? He’s a 22 years old known rockstar worldwide guy who can’t have a private life because paparazzis and people will come to him and stalk every little thing he does. People think Joe won’t get drunk because his last name is JONAS. Grow up please. Joe has definitely not came from heaven, he’s only a human who’s making mistakes, enjoying life and learning from each little thing he can. Leave the guy alone. It’s annoying how Joe can’t get drunk without having people going like: he was rude and stuff, maybe..if you all didn’t bother him while he’s enjoying his beer and friends he wouldn’yt react and that’s it. I believe Joe’s a great human being and he has a public image and a reputation to deal with for your pleasure sadly so the only thing he can do is go on twitter to defend himself for doing something he has the right to do since he’s 22 now.
    ain’t gonna read your will so bye.

@justmebabe
    i can’t believe that you actually believed that fake post meeting bullshit. What a good a fan u are

• xopretty00

I just don’t get how anyone could hate Black Keys; it’s amazing. I liked LVATT better than ALBL and Jonas Brothers. It was much deeper and I loved that.

——————

————————
    Loco , sos mi ídola

• xopretty00

I also loved Nick solo album but I know a lot of people don’t agree with me. I hated Joe’s, though. It’s just not my kind of music.

—————
    You obviously know nothing. People who havene made a new album in 20 or more yrs even do tours. That’s where most of the money comes from. And Go Joe! Stand up for yourself!

their* stories, Joe. THEIR.

ahahaahaa

WE WANT HIM IN ARGENTINAA!

WE WANT HIM IN ARGENTINAA!