Miley Cyrus Gluten Free Diet ‘Off Target’

AqArof2CMAA2sLB

Reports LA Times: Miley Cyrus declared: ‘For everyone calling me anorexic I have a gluten and lactose allergy. It’s not about weight it’s about health. Gluten is crapppp anyway! everyone should try no gluten for a week! The change in your skin, phyisical and mental health is amazing! U won’t go back!’

Gluten free cuts out wheat and some other grains. Her recommendation that ‘everyone should try’ is not on target. Gluten is a protein found in wheat, barley and other grains. The diet is only strongly recommended for people who are diagnosed with celiac disease, a condition whose sufferers have an immune response to gluten in the small intestine. Celiac disease can cause pain, diarrhea and other digestive symptoms. Over time, potentially, it can result in permanent intestinal damage and malnutrition.

For people with the celiac disease, cutting gluten out of the diet is crucial. For most other people, gluten-free diets, which can be high in fat and low on fiber, may be more of a fad: ‘Opting for a gluten-free diet isn’t necessarily any healthier than a diet with gluten, and products are sometimes costly. If gluten intolerance is not truly an issue, there may be no advantages to cutting out wheat and other foods, because some substitute grains contain little fiber. If you’re experiencing celiac disease symptoms, get evaluated for the condition. If you don’t have the illness, adhere to the standard advice: Stick to a sensible and healthful diet, and exercise.

I think Miley going gluten dairy free shouldn’t be trashed the way it is. I cannot have gluten or dairy because it causes me to break out with painful cystic acne all over my face and back. Celiac disease should not be the only reason for cutting out gluten. I have not eaten gluten in about a week and I look and feel AMAZING. Why in the heck does it matter what she does as long as she is being healthy? Unless you are 100% sure she is unhealthy, SHUT THE HECK UP IT’S NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

• Clauber

She is obsessed with her fucking diet..

• SellyismygirlCrush

_

Thats not what they were saying at all. Read first! It was because she was promoting it, like it was so amazing. It may be necessary for some people, yes. She should know the effect she has on her younger fans. They may not need to go that way. Some people also can’t afford the products. It be better to consult with a doctor or dietitian, not a celeb.

• nownlaterz

Finally, I thought I was the only who realized that there is no such thing as a gluten “allergy”.

• SellyismygirlCrush

nownlaterz said:

_

um. but there is o.O

• EarthChild

She is obsessed with her fucking diet..

Not that I disagree with you, but most fit/healthy people tend to be that way. Miranda Kerr, Gwenyth Paltrow, etc. My grandma is very obsessive about her diet and determined to stay healthy and she always has been regardless of the comments and jokes about her strict diet, and now at age 65 she could probably run circles around people my age. I think sometimes determination and sticking to your guns about something can sometimes be mistaken as “obsessive,” but I’ll have to wait and see how she acts in the coming months.

She is obsessed with her fucking diet
    ——————–Ikr,she gets with something and then thinks everyone should do it. Sorry Miley we’re not all followers like you are. And onmce again,she put her foot in it cuz apparently it’s not even good advice for everyone to do do the gluten thing. She needs to do what she does and stop trying to get everyone else in on it too!

Not drinking,smoking weed and smoking cigarettes will make you feel good too Miley. Did u give them up yet? If you have then MAYBE I’ll listen about gluten.

• EarthChild

I hope she gives up smoking, drinking I don’t really care about as long as it isn’t like an every day thing. She hasn’t been pictured smoking in about a month or a few weeks if I remember right…maybe she’s trying to quit? *fingers crossed*

But there is such a thing as a gluten “allergy”

I do agree that she should make it more clear as to how to be healthy AND gluten free, especially for her younger fans, but if you read some comments from people (not just here) they are trashing it! Also, if you know about what foods have gluten in them, then you don’t have to buy the foods that are marketed as “gluten free” and you wont have to pay the price that comes with that label. It’s all about the research.

On another note, the reason why gluten is considered bad most of the time, is because it is used as a filler in foods. I realize that things like wheat flour and such is not bad for you, unless you have Celiac disease, or are allergic.

• bb girl

i think miley is doing this because she smokes an she want to do thing to keep her healthy which is bullshit cause she knows that smoking is causing some problems and now she is doing this shit to help her

Hahahha. Wow. Well no fucking shit, sherlock! Only idiots would take advice from these celebrities. They might have fame and money, but let’s be real. They’re vacuous idiots. Miley Cyrus especially!

I have a vegetarian friend. She used to eat a lot of gluten based food, lots of cereals. I ate with her once in a vegetarian restaurant, and the “meat replacement” (what they call it) is basically a gluten based kind of dough. Some months ago she found out she was celiac, and she can’t eat any gluten at all. Not only that, for example, some kinds of flour are used as glue, for tea bags for example. So… she can’t even take a cup of tea unless it’s specially made or indicated for celiac people.
    So yeah people, there is such thing as gluten allergy, and you have to be very very careful of what you eat. Miley must have quit lots of different tipe of food, and I bet she will become vegetarian too (don’t know why, I see her ideals are going that way, animal protection, etc.).
    So my guess also is that she lost a lot of weight because of this health problem.
    On the other hand, she gets really boring when she becomes a fan of something and preaches it everywhere… like someone said above… if you wanna be healthy quit smoking :)

Bullshit.
    I’m a raw vegan, I get my necessary nutrients and vitamins from the foods I eat, supplements, and other sources that are vegetable-based.
    By the way, I’ve lost weight, felt better, look better, and am more healthy than all of my meat-eater friends.
    SUCK ON THAT OCEANUP.

_________

I totally get what you’re saying but you should know by now that she doesn’t give a flying f— about her fans. She only cares about her life and her family and her boyfriend. Just watch her in videos, she only talks about herself. And if there is anyone else that she’s supposed to be dealing with, the way she’ll interact with them is very impersonal

Bullshit.
    SUCK ON THAT OCEANUP.
    LOL for some reason i highly, highly, highly doubt that. nice try tho. A for effort

If you were to read the whole story on another site, it said that there was no evidence that it causes weight loss, but that there had really been no studies conducted to say one way or another. From my view point, everyone I know who is on a reduced or Gluten free diet has lost weight. My concern is did Miley consult a actual non-Hollywood Dr before she started this diet or is she self diagnosing and medicating or taking advise from a friend or trainer. There are other ways to handle a Gluten allergy. Miley do yourself a favor, go home to Nashville, consult a real Dr who isn’t out to increase his celebrity base and reputation, and get a real diagnosis and solution. Oh and stop promoting the diet, you could cause someone who takes your advice more harm than good. Not everyone with a Allergy to food can use the same solution. We are all unique.

Sooo , tell us how old are you baby? and how old have you been vegan? :)

• gorgeousselena

that pic is disgusting af! and shes so fucking annoying and stupid! she say one thing and as usual do another! how she dare to talk about being healthy when she drinking,smoking weed and smoking cigarettes? shes so hypocrite, fake and a really stupid attention whore! she seriously need to stfu! thats exactly why nobody cant take her seriously, shes a joke! i bet she really loves that people make fun about her and seeing her as a joke lol

_

oh man i thought you died well right now my dream explode just like a bubble :( please girl shut up because the only thing that comes out of your mouth is shit !!! i’m pretty sure if Selena would know that you exist she would be ashamed for you just like your family is stupid stupid girl get a life and grow the fuck up

• SubwayToVenus

No one cares.

• EarthChild

Bullshit.
    SUCK ON THAT OCEANUP.

Most of what I said on my first post on this thread! They could at least post the positives but of course OU is biased and one sided haha

Apr 11, 2012 @ 10:22 am

_________

_____________
    You are no longer talking about her diet. You are talking about her personality. There are lots of women who are bad role models, but ultimately it is up to the individual to decide whether or not to look up to that person.

• l?veislouder

EarthChild, I had a salmon salad last night, and it was SO amazing, I just want to share my healthy eating with someone lol.

As for Claudia, lololol. I wasn’t aware an occasional drink was so hazardous.

Yes, Miley was buying medical marijuana for herself and she had a reason!

“by Bill1521, Dec 17, 2010
    I’ve had Celiac Disease my whole life, so 20 years now. People can tell you all they want how marijuana isn’t a good medicine for Celiac Disease, they are all ignorant. I started smoking marijuana recreationally in high school and it was then where I realized how much better I felt. Yes, the only “cure” for Celiac is a glutent free diet, but if you have celiac you know how bad it truely ***** and how hard it is to eat food without glutent along with many other things the diet restricts you from. The glutent free food is nothing to brag about either. It was very frustrating for me not being able to gain weight, and marijuana has helped me with that. I went into a recessive state for a couple years where eating wheat didnt harm me at all and I think marijuana helped that. Dont let anyone tell you marijuana cant help who have never tried it and who dont have celiac disease because they are ignorant and dont know how awful it is. marijuana can help anyone who suffers from celiac disease and it’s a shame that you can get put in jail for something that helps you.”

“Marijuana can be used to treat many of the symptoms of celiac disease that are qualifying medical conditions under state medical marijuana laws. Marijuana “cools the gut.” It slows down the muscle contractions that move food through the stomach and intestines and reduces the secretion of liquid into the intestines associated with diarrhea (3). Marijuana also controls the muscle spasms associated with diarrhea. It also increases appetite and can offset the inefficiency in the celiac’s ability to absorb nutrients from the food he/she eats.”

• SubwayToVenus

Where’s Claudia?

Did she discover this allergy before or after she swallowed the penis cake?

• oceanUP

gluten MIGHT be the reason why her face used to look so puffy and fat randomly

Google Celialic desease and marijuana, oceanup won’t let me post the link

Google Celialic desease and marijuana, oceanup won’t let me post the link

Google Celialic desease and marijuana, oceanup won’t let me post the link

• l?veislouder

Where’s Claudia?
    Insulting me in the Selena perfume post lol

Oh my fucking god… Are you people really trying to justify the weed smoking, because she may have Celiac disease.
    Get real. She smokes weed because she likes it.

i’m almost positive she doesn’t even have a gluten or lactose allergy… she’s been seen eating many products filled with such.

• EarthChild

l?veislouder said:

As for Claudia, lololol. I wasn’t aware an occasional drink was so hazardous.

Woohoo! I love salmon! I was actually thinking of having some tonight hahaha!

Get real. She smokes weed because she likes it.

Just Google celialic desease and marijuana, the first link is medical and official!

Don’t even need I search…

Also, in chats people say that it helps when you eat gluten and the pain is umbareble, the weed make it stop, also make you stop loosing weight desperaly!

Don’t even need I search…

• l?veislouder

Woohoo! I love salmon! I was actually thinking of having some tonight hahaha
    I split half of it for last night and half for today, and I still love it <3 salmon is my new thing lol

• bleach

Get real. She smokes weed because she likes it.

true, true.

• bleach

ha, a gluten free diet is stupid for people who dont have celiac disease. fiber is essential. it’s extremely stupid to advise people to go gluten free. -__-

• LLL’s bitch

Lol Loveislouder Claudia was insulting you (or to the air) in the old Miley post xD

• BrokenArrow

gorgeousselena said:

You’re the only joke, Claudia. You complain about her wanting attention and you give her the attention loooooooool.
    You call her attention whore yet this article proves she already has the attention, if it’s not so why everything she she says it’s on news while a lot of famous people says a lot of thing like that and they dont even pay attention to them?

• BrokenArrow

I love salmon *.*

• AcidPinkLemonade

l?veislouder said:

Woohoo! I love salmon! I was actually thinking of having some tonight hahaha
    =============================
    I eat salmon all of the time. That’s beauty of living on the coast.

• l?veislouder

LLL’s bitch said:

lol I saw. I told her we were all happier when she wasn’t here, and she should go back to her dark hole of solidarity because everyone would prefer that :)

• elrzco@aol.com

im allergic to dairy and gluten as well, THEY CAUSE ACNE!! yep… spent years taking antibiotics and trying all kinds of diets and shit for acne and nothing worked? gluten and dairy free…. mhm you heard it here first

I have the same..
    You get born with celical deasase
    But sometimes it take a long time, until
    You get problems… This food is expensive yeah..
    But there are much people, who HAVE to eat it !

• EarthChild

But hasn’t Miley eaten gluten before?

You can develop an allergy at any time lol

• Jaggy

cool story,bro

krishna day fohlL lol hahahaha

• SellyismygirlCrush

Thank you! I didin’t like that she was saying how much better it was. That shits so expensive!

I like your icon. it’s that chick from Big time rush, isn’t it?

• SoRawSUgAr

But hasn’t Miley eaten gluten before?

Allergies can just happen u don’t have to be born with it. I got an apple allergy when I was 9. My auntie and my great aunts only got diagnosed allergic to gluten when they were in their 40s u don’t have to be born with it.

• EarthChild

It’s really only high on fat and low in fiber to most people because they aren’t aware of how to make up for what they are losing by eating healthy foods and veggies high in fiber. There is definitely ways you can maintain a good diet without it, most American’s jut don’t know how to. It is only costly if you get products marketed as gluten free or where gluten has been removed, otherwise you can avoid the products all together and avoid extra costs and just read labels and know what ingredients include the gluten protein. Grains like rice and quinoa do not include gluten. Of course there is pros and cons to it if you are going on the diet without a gluten allergy, but to only post one side to it isn’t really fair. People, do your own research and decide what is best for YOU.

• GAYLORD

YOU TALK TOO MUCH.

shes developed an allergic reaction to it everyone leave it like that like everyone figgin has allergies

• SellyismygirlCrush

am
    I like your icon. it’s that chick from Big time rush, isn’t it?

___

>.< hilarious!

Did she discover this allergy before or after she swallowed the penis cake?————
    You just need to check when she when to buy medical marijuana!

“gluten-free diets, which can be high in fat and low on fiber”

LOLOL

Its actually the opposite! Gluten free food are in fact low in fat and high in fiber comparing non gluten and with gluten cookies por exemple! And they also make you feel satisfied for longer what helps you on loosing weight!

http://pharm cannabis.com/