Selena Gomez Style Philosophy ‘Classic’

selena-perfume-promo


Selena Gomez MyStyle interview. On her fragrance: I describe it as yummy. It’s romantic. It’s not over-bearing. Simple! My mom legitimately likes it. She’s so honest with me, she’ll tell me that she doesn’t like my clothes or the dress I wore, but she wears this everyday.

So, I wanted to make sure that it was something that could appease everybody, which is why there’s not a picture of me on the box. I wanted it to be about the fragrance. The bottle was really the hardest part, because I wanted it to be tall. I like the fact that it stands out, because I always go to the ones that are tallest in the morning. The design of the bottle is almost like a gown,

So it represents me on the red carpet. The lips [on top] are fun! It makes it more youthful, and you can play with it. I get bored and play with things, so I think it’s perfect.. [Taylor Swift] smelled mine and loved it, which was awesome, because it’s good to have her approval. [Justin Bieber] likes it a lot. Everything I do is inspired by something, whether it’s him, my family or my fans. There’s a little bit of me in everything that I do. Style philosophy?

Classic. I’m always about comfort. I love making things that are comfortable and affordable for everybody to wear, but it’s not worth dressing for other people because that’s exhausting. Just dress for yourself. Summer style? I like a lot of shorts. I don’t like things tight in the summer. It’s too hot, so I like flowy things. Favorite designers? Marchesa and Christina Cota. They are very feminine, pretty and flowy.

  • Anonymous

    My friend who was packing it out said it smelt awful, she said the combination was awful lmao

  • Anonymous

    I hate it when artists milk it. Real artists are in it for music and movies, not for merchandise to earn more. And before you say I hate Selena, I also think Miley does it to, so no judgement its just I see it as milking it. Look at Adele, Eminem, Nirvana- real artists who were in it for the music.
    =================
    I agree to an extent. Miley is in it for the music, trust me.. She doesn’t milk it, she was with disney- it was apart of her contract.

    And because you have a perfume means you can’t break into thing? & Selena isn’t a artist, she’s a manufactured marketing product controlled by disney and relies on auto tune.

  • Vbb

    Lalalala. mhm next.

  • Destiny

    Yes, I agree Selena is not an artist. Yes, if I was a celeb I would create my own things, but why I say they milk it is because I have this gut feeling they have no part of it except to put their name on it and promote.
    I just hope Selena isnt like Bieber. I mean c’mon, a straight male who releases chic perfume and nail varnish? That is CLEARLY milking it.

  • kristin6410

    @anon ur so write about naming the perfume something else like justin and selena lol i didnt think of that. And omg there perfumes are so expensive…

    For the jelena comment i wasnt referring to u i ment in general since jelena was brought up bc i always see he looks girly hes not good eough blah blah blah.idk about him doing better than selena cause i like them togethereven tho i dnt like selena lol.. but justin is more talented and funny and i like himm…. i think i justwent against myself but u get it lol

  • BrokenArrow

    The bottle looks tacky. But she looks gorgeous in that pic.
    I remember i think it was last year when i said selena’s style was classic and claudia thoughtn it was a bad thing LOOOOOOL.

  • SoRawSUgAr

    Destiny said:

    Yes, I agree Selena is not an artist. Yes, if I was a celeb I would create my own things, but why I say they milk it is because I have this gut feeling they have no part of it except to put their name on it and promote.
    I just hope Selena isnt like Bieber. I mean c’mon, a straight male who releases chic perfume and nail varnish? That is CLEARLY milking it.

    Yeah, I see what you mean, THAT is an example of milking it. I can’t stand bieber, movie, yeah okay..but everything else *rolls eyes*

  • Destiny

    On a side note, Klaus looks so dapper in your icon *swoon*

  • Anonymous

    yeah i get you lol

  • kristin6410

    On the justin bieber note… he has all girl fans why would he make guys perfume… hes making it for his fans not like everyone… idk if this makes sense but yeh lol

  • sexonfire11

    looks like piece of decoration

  • trustry

    One night the crazy weird odd thing named Claudia who goes by gorgeousselena on oceanup was sitting home alone in her basement. She got a message on one on her yahoo e-mail: scissorwithselenagomez and the message said: “I C that ur home alone.” She freaked the freak out, but deleted the email and then visited on oceanup.com and log on her account to type her typical annoying pointless comments on Miley Cyrus posts. She then went back to her email account and see that she had another message from the same anonymous person. This new message said: “Stop pretending, I am looking at you right now baby >:)” She jerked and turned Round and Round her spinning chair till she heard a thump on the window. Claudia got scared, so she ran out her basement and went into her mom’s room which had the lights off and ran into the closet. She sucked her thumb and prayed to her idol Selena Gomez wishing she’d stay alive to get the chance to meet Selena before she dies. She then went to the very back of her mom’s really long, dark closet and as she kept going towards the back she heard soft whispering behind her which sounded like singing and it was singing one of her favorite songs Hit The Lights by her idol.
    The next morning Claudia’s mom found her in the closet, headless. She then noticed her neck had a signature that looked like it was signed Selena Gomez.
    Now that you have read this true story make sure you copy and paste it around oceanup or Selena Gomez will behead you!

  • Destiny

    The reason celebs make things like perfume is so that their fans can wear what they wear. Now, I’m not sure if Justin wears chic perfume but I wouldnt be surprised.

  • gsstory

    There was a girl named Claudia whose known as the infamous gorgeousselena on the teen gossip site oceanup. She was fapping off to brand new Selena Gomez cutout that she made all by herself. She was all alone at home at midnight and decided that she wanted to go make some popcorn to watch Monte Carlo with her new cutout. Claudia went into the kitchen and struggled making her microwavable popcorn because she didn’t know how to do it properly. She went to her basement and looked up how on her mom’s computer on how to make popcorn with the microwave. After an hour, she finally figured it out, walked out the basement and then saw the mirror on the wall and noticed a note written on the mirror. It said: “I’ve watched you like I’m looking at the sky like A Year Without Rain baby >:]” . Claudia figured that it was her weird mind playing tricks on her. So she went into the kitchen and forgot about the popcorn and pulled out a jar of pickles out of the fridge. She went into the living room and noticed that the tv was on and it was playing Monte Carlo which was odd because she’s all alone at home. She took out the dvd and written on it was a note that said: “I am watching you go Round and Round >:]”. She wasnt really that scared but she thought maybe Selena Gomez is pranking her and she’s on the Disney Channel show Prankstars! She was a lil happy about it so she went downstairs to her basement to go on oceanup on her mom’s computer to praise her idol Selena. As she was typing her ridiculous comments on oceanup that gloomy night, it was raining extremely hard like cats & dogs and then the power went out. There was a flash of lightning and she saw a shadow and saw something out the window. She ran upstairs and back into the kitchen and grabbed a banana as her weapon. She looked at the fridge and there were pictures of her on the computer, looking at the note in the mirror, and watching the TV playing Monte Carlo. She screamed and grabbed another banana and skipped to the front door, she opened it, dropped her banana and screamed and fell to the ground slipping on her banana. It was her Selena Gomez cutout, holding a churro which looked like a wand. As she opened her eyes from being unconsious for 2 minutes she looked up at the ceiling and saw the real Selena Gomez on the ceiling like she was Spiderman. Selena said: “Hi Claudia have you been wanting to meet me” and made an evil smile. The next morning Claudia’s mom came home and found fingers in a pickle jar inside the microwave.

  • thetrustoryofgs

    There was a girl named Claudia whose known as the infamous gorgeousselena on the teen gossip site oceanup. She was fapping off to brand new Selena Gomez cutout that she made all by herself. She was all alone at home at midnight and decided that she wanted to go make some popcorn to watch Monte Carlo with her new cutout. Claudia went into the kitchen and struggled making her microwavable popcorn because she didn’t know how to do it properly. She went to her basement and looked up how on her mom’s computer on how to make popcorn with the microwave. After an hour, she finally figured it out, walked out the basement and then saw the mirror on the wall and noticed a note written on the mirror. It said: “I’ve watched you like I’m looking at the sky like A Year Without Rain baby >:]” . Claudia figured that it was her weird mind playing tricks on her. So she went into the kitchen and forgot about the popcorn and pulled out a jar of pickles out of the fridge. She went into the living room and noticed that the tv was on and it was playing Monte Carlo which was odd because she’s all alone at home. She took out the dvd and written on it was a note that said: “I am watching you go Round and Round >:]”. She wasnt really that scared but she thought maybe Selena Gomez is pranking her and she’s on the Disney Channel show Prankstars! She was a lil happy about it so she went downstairs to her basement to go on oceanup on her mom’s computer to praise her idol Selena. As she was typing her ridiculous comments on oceanup that gloomy night, it was raining extremely hard like cats & dogs and then the power went out. There was a flash of lightning and she saw a shadow and saw something out the window. She ran upstairs and back into the kitchen and grabbed a banana as her weapon. She looked at the fridge and there were pictures of her on the computer, looking at the note in the mirror, and watching the TV playing Monte Carlo. She screamed and grabbed another banana and skipped to the front door, she opened it, dropped her banana and screamed and fell to the ground slipping on her banana. It was her Selena Gomez cutout, holding a churro which looked like a wand. As she opened her eyes from being unconsious for 2 minutes she looked up at the ceiling and saw the real Selena Gomez on the ceiling like she was Spiderman. Selena said: “Hi Claudia have you been wanting to meet me” and made an evil smile. The next morning Claudia’s mom came home and found fingers in blood filled pickle jar inside the microwave labeled gorgeousselena.

  • Anonymous

    “So, I wanted to make sure that it was something that could appease everybody, which is why there’s not a picture of me on the box. I wanted it to be about the fragrance.”

    Which is why the damn thing is called SELENA GOMEZ???? I swear, everytime I try to give this girl a shot, she proves how genuinely stupid she is.

  • kristin6410

    Justin made the perfume so female fans would be the smell that justin liked bc they want him to be perfect for justin

  • Anonymous

    what crazy is that ppl seem to think she’s too good for JUSTIN. that she’s too smart and too mature…. NO. Just NO. Justin is legitimately intelligent, he’s just inarticulate as all hell.

    THIS GIRL RIGHT HERE IS WHAT SINCERE UNINTELLIGENCE LOOKS LIKE. #freejustin

  • Anonymous

    I think that’s an ugly bottle..

  • kristin6410

    Not defending selena bc i dnt like her but… if selena didnt write her name on it how would fans know its hers that went looking for it… or that just saw it in the store js…

  • kristin6410

    On there relationship subject.. i think justin treats her amazing and loves her to death and seena loves him . So what if he looks girly or trying to me “black” SO WHAT its about love not about how strong buff or manly looking they are. Ppl are so shallow i swear… like ppl always sa to me why are u with ur bf u could do betterim like hes amazing to me wat r u talking about better ppl are too caught up on looks the inside matters also

  • Anonymous

    kristin6410 said:
    Not defending selena bc i dnt like her but… if selena didnt write her name on it how would fans know its hers that went looking for it… or that just saw it in the store js..
    ____________

    yeah, i get what ur saying but look at justin’s perfume and taylor’s. they actually have NAMES (someday and enchanted). selena claims she wants it to be about “the fragrence” and not about her~, yet she couldnt even be bothered to come up with a real name.

    she is a simpleton of the highest order

  • Anonymous

    kristin6410 said:
    On there relationship subject.. i think justin treats her amazing and loves her to death and seena loves him . So what if he looks girly or trying to me “black” SO WHAT its about love not about how strong buff or manly looking they are. Ppl are so shallow i swear… like ppl always sa to me why are u with ur bf u could do betterim like hes amazing to me wat r u talking about better ppl are too caught up on looks the inside matters also
    _____________

    definitely. all i’m saying is that the people who claim selena could do better don’t seem to realize that justin is actually the superior partner in that relationship. he’s smarter than she is, he’s funnier, kinder, more talented, arguably better looking, more mature (in the ways that really mature)… i could go on.

    justin can do wayyy better, not the other way around :)

  • Anonymous

    Destiny said:

    I hate it when artists milk it. Real artists are in it for music and movies, not for merchandise to earn more. And before you say I hate Selena, I also think Miley does it to, so no judgement its just I see it as milking it. Look at Adele, Eminem, Nirvana- real artists who were in it for the music.

    I still respecting Miley tho cuz i saw 90% of her “milking” it’s as “Hannah Montana” a ficitonal character/franchise owned by Disney, so it’s their ultimate decisiton. I know she was paid for it too but i like she doesn’t put her name in the products and stuff when she can – she could choosed be the brand but instead she let Hannah to be that and she kept some artist integrity.

  • Anonymous

    the bottle is pretty

  • EarthChild

    I never realized it was lips on the top. Anyways, I think celebrities’ perfume bottles have somewhat of a tackiness to it. If it was like flowers instead of lips at the top I think her bottle would have been better, because the bottle itself is okay. Has anyone smelled it?

  • Destiny

    I hate it when artists milk it. Real artists are in it for music and movies, not for merchandise to earn more. And before you say I hate Selena, I also think Miley does it to, so no judgement its just I see it as milking it. Look at Adele, Eminem, Nirvana- real artists who were in it for the music.

  • Pones

    Apr 28, 2012 @ 09:13 am
    Destiny said:

    I hate it when artists milk it. Real artists are in it for music and movies, not for merchandise to earn more. And before you say I hate Selena, I also think Miley does it to, so no judgement its just I see it as milking it. Look at Adele, Eminem, Nirvana- real artists who were in it for the music.

    True. But you know Selena is really Disney-ish, she doesn’t write all her songs and she doesn’t have an amazing and powerful voice so it may be a good thing for her to bet on something other than her music. You know what I mean, I don’t know if I’m clear…
    Oh yeah, and I’m not hating.

  • EarthChild

    I hate it when artists milk it. Real artists are in it for music and movies, not for merchandise to earn more. And before you say I hate Selena, I also think Miley does it to, so no judgement its just I see it as milking it. Look at Adele, Eminem, Nirvana- real artists who were in it for the music.

    I think I would create my own perfume, if not only just to have it for myself. I love clothes and fashion, I might do a small line for Topshop or something, without my name attached to it. Nirvana and Eminem (I’m talking about late 90s and 2000s) didn’t really have the opportunities like that, now it’s just a normal thing. They do milk it, I can’t say that I wouldn’t myself, I just don’t know if I would want my name all over my brand. As far as Adele, she’s not too far into the fame game yet. I could see her doing a perfume later on if she wanted. It’s really only kids actors and singers milking it though, and as far as business goes, it’s a smart move because their fame won’t be around forever.

  • Anonymous

    she’s so beautiful, but there is just so much photoshop in that ad!

  • TeamStelena

    I love this promo picture! The bottle is cute and I think the perfume smells really good. Can’t wait to get it. :)

  • SoRawSUgAr

    Destiny said:

    I hate it when artists milk it. Real artists are in it for music and movies, not for merchandise to earn more. And before you say I hate Selena, I also think Miley does it to, so no judgement its just I see it as milking it. Look at Adele, Eminem, Nirvana- real artists who were in it for the music.

    I agree, but it’s usually the younger celebs, the ones who are really into makeup, clothes, perfume etc. It’s fun for them I guess, and I’d probably do the same, because it would be like playing dress up or something. And also, I think, it’s usually the more marketable celebs who do merchandise and such, and it doesn’t mean they’re not a ‘real’ artist if they do the merchandise. Think about it, if you were a celebrity and someone was like “Hey, do you wanna do a perfume/clothing line/makeup line? You get to choose everything etc.” would you say no? It’s a fun experience and if they’re a struggling artist, they’d do it for the money *shrugs*

  • Anonymous