Nick Jonas How To Succeed Canceled

nickjonascanceled

How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying will end its run on May 20 at the Al Hirschfeld Theatre, reports Broadway. Currently starring Nick Jonas and Beau Bridges, the musical will have played 30 preview and 473 regular performances at the time of closing. Jonas was set to star in the production, which recouped its initial investment in December 2011, through July 1.

The revival of How to Succeed opened on March 27, 2011, originally starring Daniel Radcliffe and John Larroquette. The production earned nine Tony Award nominations including Best Revival of a Musical, with Larroquette receiving a Tony for Best Featured Actor in a Musical. In addition to Radcliffe and Jonas, Darren Criss also played Finch for a three-week engagement earlier this year.

Lol I guess both Miley and nick are flops now they can both retire and grow old together

This is sad, Nick must feel so frustrated.
    Nothing he does really gets the attention and credit it deserved. Joe, instead, parties and goes on dating rality shows, but still gets more space on the media.

I really do hope the Jonas Brothers make a successful album, they deserve it.

• Gorgeousanons

How about we cancel them irrelevant hillbilly ou shore bitches from here.

Lol they will never be as successful as they were before. Jbs new album will flop haaaard!!! There fault for wanting to be a irrelevant solo artists…. Do da do

Last week it only sold 4,848 out of 11,392 tickets making only $475,977 out of a possible $1,393,600 which is only 42%

I thought it might be closing soon with no word of a replacement for Nick. But, I thought they would of waited till his contract was up and hope for a boost in sales when girls get out of school.

yes i thought the same thing. Why they didn’t wait until the end of June? The difference wasn’t that much

“the show has been struggling at the box office in recent weeks despite the star power of its leading man, the pop singer Nick Jonas, in the role of the executive J. Pierrepont Finch. Last week, the show took in just $367,605 at the box office, or about 26 percent of its potential gross at the Hirschfeld.”

May 8, 2012 @ 09:46 pm
    I don’t get it, though. They didn’t even give a reason to do it?
    Was Nick doing THAT bad with sales?
    It’s a pity… I don’t think he’ll be taken seriously anymore.

unfortunately yes

May 8, 2012 @ 09:46 pm
    I don’t get it, though. They didn’t even give a reason to do it?
    Was Nick doing THAT bad with sales?
    It’s a pity… I don’t think he’ll be taken seriously anymore.

unfortunately yes

May 8, 2012 @ 09:46 pm
    I don’t get it, though. They didn’t even give a reason to do it?
    Was Nick doing THAT bad with sales?
    It’s a pity… I don’t think he’ll be taken seriously anymore.

unfortunately yes

Too bad nick, this is what you get when you date 27 year olds… WAKE UP.

Nick gave it his all. When he started in January, he was coming off a year w/a very public relationship, and only working on other peoples music. He was losing lots of fans. But since February (between the end of Nelta & ads for HTS) his fans were coming back and on school break weeks he did very well. Between this & the end of Hollywood records, it must be scary. But this is Nick Jonas. He will regroup, reassess, and return. Who would have predicted how well he acted & danced in the play? They need to stop with the solo stuff and get the Jonas fans motivated for the group and also grow some new fans.

Too bad nick, this is what you get when you date 27 year olds… WAKE UP.

How is it related to that exactly?

Excited about my next adventure – I know 2 guys who are happy I’ll be back in the studio to write again! @KevinJonas @JoeJonas

Humble Nick: mode on.

• classicalmusicplayer

—-///–/

Maybe someone has another job offer that they start May 21. That’s the only thing I can think of for the strange end date. And they only give two week notice which I find kinda strange.

the show itself is not that entertaining so I’m not surprised

This put a huge smile on my face :)

• classicalmusicplayer

Humble Nick: mode on.

—-///–/

idk how he can put on such a brave face. I wouldn’t be functioning if something I put so much work into was just cancelled. Plus the seperation from HR. That’s probably what his “Life happens” tweet was about.

Poor Nick :c

They say they broke the news to them today before the curtains, It’s really strange

Yes, by the way separation from HR was more like a big achievement for them.

• classicalmusicplayer

—-///–/

Weird. The first time you tell the cast is two weeks before the last show? Thats one heck of a “Two Week Notice”

• classicalmusicplayer

Yes, by the way separation from HR was more like a big achievement for them.

—-///–/

Oh yeah I agree 100% that the separation fro HR was good for them. I imagine it’s like leaving home for the first time, a major achievement but it is still hard and you’re both happy and sad.

• EarthChild

As much as I love JB, it’s hard for most Disney people to stay relevant anymore past a few years. I am really hoping they come back because I am a really huge fan, but it won’t be easy.

Let’s face it. Nick’s not normal. When he puts his mind to something, it gets done cause he’s super-focused. The Jonas Brothers will have an amazing album coming up. Which is great cause it’s been a long wait.

The show was actually doing very well up until about 3 weeks ago. Sales have dropped for many of the Broadway shows over the past few weeks. Newsies just opened on Broadway and that is really packing the house. HT$ sales would have went up as soon as June approached and college and school let out for the summer. Crap that they couldn’t ride it out for two more weeks to get to that point. Also sucks that Nick’s EP was released today and is #3 on the Itunes Soundtrack charts and #28 overall on the charts. Pretty excellent for a Broadway EP with only 5 songs.

Nick seems pretty crushed if you look at his tweets. He was so good in the show, saw it in March. He didn’t deserve this. There are so many fans upset because they had tickets for his last month on Broadway. Many people were waiting to to a trip to NYC in the summer.

i think he cancelled it because he wants to focus on the Jonas Brothers :D

The cast was told just before the curtain tonight. So it appears Nick had little or no prior knowledge. He might have had an inclination a few days ago based on a tweet. But this is crap. God, I just want to hug him.

How to Succeed was going to end it’s run on Broadway after Nick’s run. He’s not the reason it wrapped up on Broadway. All Broadway shows run for a period of time. Unfortunately, he’ll catch the blame. HT$ did not properly promote him. He was never given the same opportunity or coverage that Daniel was given. They didn’t release his EP until today…almost 5 months after he started his run. That should have been release right away so the public could hear how talented he was. Too many people still attach the Disney stigma to him…Nick is so much more that that.

Isn’t it amazing that his EP is #3 on Soundtracks on Itunes without any promotion? Just goes to show that his fans are nationwide and worldwide, while Broadway is localized. It was hard to tap into a fanbase that only has off on weekends, holidays, and summer in the middle of the winter and only in the tristate NY area.

That show had been going for a long time and no “star” performer could maintain interest in it. Time for Nick to move on to his next project maybe a Jonas Bros one. Not entirely sure if the boys can be successful as a band again – sometimes your time is just done and over and fans have moved on.

EarthChild said:

———————–

I don’t mean to sound rude, but Britney Spears, Justin Timberlake and even Christina Aguilera made a pretty big name for themselves after retiring from Disney. They were mousketeeres together.
    It isn’t impossible to actually make a name for yourself. The journey down that new road usually is what destroys most Disney stars. They are so used to such a huge production and name to boost their sales and get them gigs, making it on your own afterwards without much of a powerhouse behind you can get really frustrating..

Lol yeah that’s true. I love NYC for that <3
    I do too :)

• justmebabe

I think we should focus on what’s important. Nick’s learnt about this experience as much many fans had the chance to go see him on HTS. He tried his best and did all he could. He’s not the one to blame. Nick owns real talent when it comes about being on stage even if it’s a broadway play. Maybe this didn’t go as we all planned but it is so good to know Nick got to meet teenagers who love doing musical plays such as HTS is and get to give some advices away to them.
    I don’t get why people say he’s the one to blame. Go see Nick backstage recording HTS’s EP and all those interviews about the show. It puts a big smile on his face, why do people feel the need to bring him down?
    People blaming it on him obviously don’t really know what being on stage feels like then. I hope he is okay with this. Crossing fingers for him to be on jersey Boys.

Hi Taylor! n_n

• Live.Love.Learn.

Okay good! Lol. I knew you had exams this week than your free from that school? ~ You graduate? How are your exams going?

Wait – can you please just tell me why you were trolling last night? I’m not mad or anything; I just wanna know why…and why you’re still being nice. I thought from last night that you didn’t like us =/

Yeah, I have an exam today, a full day tomorrow, and then another exam on Friday. They’re going okayish I guess :/

You know how I do, boo. lmao
    HOMEWRECKER!

• Lantonia

Just before I went to bed. Damn. Lol. I thought you were going to bed Lani? xD If you get this.
    Uhm, I did go to bed last night. It’s almost dinner time here in Denmark now, so it’s going to be dark again soon. n_n

• xAskTaylorx

Live.Love.Learn. said:

I was trolling?!?!? 0___o The only time I went on OU to comment on this post… Is that bad here now? I can’t post cuz I made an account on some other site? Whaaaattt?

This is from an article i just read: “The show only grossed $367,605 in the most recent week, representing its smallest weekly box-office gross to date. Attendance also fell below 50% capacity for the first time.”
    Do they really cancel a show because of low gross income in a couple of weeks? If yes this is really a cruel business

• xAskTaylorx

Live.Love.Learn. said:

—————-

But you will pass them smoothly! I know you will. At least you get out of school for summer break early? =}

Yessss as an anon xD
    You don’t have to lie, seriously. I’m not dumb & neither was anyone else on that post..

May 9, 2012 @ 07:44 am
    Live.Love.Learn. said:
    You know how I do, boo. lmao
    HOMEWRECKER!
    …I guess you don’t know how I do then. lmao

Ugh, I have to do my nails, and I don’t know if I should paint them red, or do zebra print, purple floral, or white with black script words. Opinion?

• xAskTaylorx

Lantonia said:

—————-

Really? I know that I messed up looking at the date wrong, you were probably on this morning, evening and I didn’t see…

• xAskTaylorx

I have to get going guys. Got to get ready for that class. Talk to you guys later! =D

…I guess you don’t know how I do then. lmao

Zebra print!!

• l?veislouder

Attendance at that show has never been outstanding in his four-month run. Nick may have sold-out a single show, and even that I don’t think it accurate. When I saw it, I was able to move up quite a bit; that’s bad.

Zebra print!!
    My favorite! :D lol okay

l?veislouder said:

I see . What i don’t understand is what they were expecting from Nick. Nick was the same person with the same popularity and fanbase when they signed the contract so basically they shouldn’t have expected more than this from him. I am not an expert but eve I didn’t expect him to bring a lot of people to the theater. And no he’s never had any sold out show.

My favorite! :D lol okay

You should take a pic and post it on Tumblr haha

• Live.Love.Learn.

Dani OMG have you read 1984 by George Orwell or Their Eyes Were Watching God?

• l?veislouder

I don’t think the people who were in charge of hiring him really knew Nick’s standing. They just heard “Jonas” and were like, “I’ve heard of him! That popular Jonas brother! Yeah, let’s have him!” I guess they were expecting the same craziness fans brought to see Daniel and Darren, and what came fell short of their expectations.
    I agree with you, nothing changed, I just think the producers got less than what they were hoping for because they didn’t do their research properly.

You should take a pic and post it on Tumblr haha

Dani OMG have you read 1984 by George Orwell or Their Eyes Were Watching God?
    I reached my limit >.< (at least I think I did, becausw my tumblr app isn’t working right now) but I’ll put it up on tinypic or something later today and send it to you :)

And no, I have not. Good reads?

• Live.Love.Learn.

And no, I have not. Good reads?

okay & oh darnnn my test today is for IB English & it’s a comparison essay (answering a question they give you) between 2 of the 4 books we’ve read this semester. These are the two I’m most familiar with & I was hoping you’d be able to help :(

But yeah, I really liked them both. Especially 1984. It’s a great book

• classicalmusicplayer

—-///–/

Agreed. I think the producers expected huge sales because Nick is a pop star. But, Nick, even though he had his start in broadway, isn’t know for that sort of thing. While Daniel brought tickets in because he opened the show and Darren brought in sales because it was a limted engagement. Plus both of them are known for their stage work. Plus Nick suffers the “Disney Curse” and people have assumptions about him because of it.

Ahhhh time to get ready for school. Ttyl Dani

But yeah, I really liked them both. Especially 1984. It’s a great book
    Ahh sorry. Sparksnotes? lol. That may help to just scan.

May 9, 2012 @ 08:22 am
    Live.Love.Learn. said:
    Ahhhh time to get ready for school. Ttyl Dani
    Okay, good luck! I know you’ll do well :)
    <3333

not canceled, only get a close

not canceled, only get a close

OCEANUP ALWAYS TALK BAD ABOUT JONAS BROTHERS

May 9, 2012 @ 08:07 am
    l?veislouder said:

That would be very strange. It’s a broadway show . They are all professionals. I don’t think they just hire people according to what they’ve heard.

• crazylady

what the hell man? I was going to see my fav man as soon as I found my plane tickets..now I’m not going to be able to.

Broadway is f*in stupid. don’t they realize that it is low sales because much of Nick’s fanbase are school kids and I don’t know about anyone else but I don’t exactly have money right now and we’re still waiting on our check

I don’t know but as calm and collected as Nick acts, I’m sure he’s the most disappointed person of all because we all know how he is with work. sure he may have the Jonas Brothers but he must feel like sh!t.

• l?veislouder

Not just what they’ve heard; they also had meetings with him. What I mean is they don’t fully understand that with Justin Bieber and One Direction around, and the fact that the Jonas’ just don’t have that huge of an effect anymore, Nick just wasn’t gonna bring in the revenue that he once could have. With Daniel, Harry Potter had just ended; people weren’t ready to let it go; most American fans never got a chance to see him anyway because he was always filming over in England. With Darren, “Glee” is still on air and very relevant. Nick just isn’t at his peak anymore.

• Brazilian Girl

Someone explains to me what Miley has to do with this?
    Strange always involve Miley in everything that relates to it.
    Past is past.

He just doesn’t have enough of a a fan base to carry 8 shows a week on Broadway for 6 months. Now if he was part of a touring company, I think it would do wonderfully. But once the initial fangirls went, not that many people can afford to travel to NYC to see a show when you factor in airfare, lodging, meals, etc.

i don’t mean to be rude either but do you really think we can compare Justin , Britney and Christina with Jonas Brothers?

May 9, 2012 @ 10:27 am
    l?veislouder said:

Anon, again, that’s how they do better, bringing big names in. But the magic of Broadway is what it does for the audience on stage, not who they can see or meet, and that comes regardless of name (as long as it’s done right).

This is probably my favorite comment of the day.

ARAH M’S NUMBER ONE FAN! said:
    I see someone is hating on Sara in the comments. You guys are so jealous of her beauty and talent. Sorry she isn’t a half naked talentless piece of trash like Demi!

What’s Sarah’s talent?

No fucking kidding, do you know how expensive those tickets are?? I don’t know who in the world can afford anything like that! Luckily I found tickets for 60$ and will be seeing his show when I’m in NY on the 20th which is cool since it’s the last one. But honestly, nobody has money to afford 300$ tickets, these people are out of their minds.

For those unfamiliar with the world of Broadway, let me clarify. Broadway musicals cannot be “canceled”. Performances of Broadway musicals can be canceled but shows cannot. Shows “end their run”
    Revivals rarely last even as long on Broadway as “How to Succeed” did. When a show recoups all of the money they spent on it, they make pure profit from then on. If they’re not longer making a sufficient amount of money then they stop the run of the show and invest elsewhere…whenever they feel like it.
    Unfortunately this show was attempting to run almost exclusively on star power as it is a revival of a fairly old musical. Star power only takes a show so far. Nick was in the show during a slow season and therefore happened to be the one who was in it when the show stopped making money. It won’t hurt his career. It’s just the way the business works.

Well, Nick has two choices to break the Disney stigma. He can become a frequent adopter of puppies, or he can fight back and put his driven nature into a great new album. Don’t hide. Don’t sulk. Have the fans see the making of the album so they can keep anticipating it.

• crazylady

also Christina’s doing ok but I don’t think she’d be doing as well if she wasn’t on the Voice.
    her last album flopped.

and Jonas was popular at one time so I don’t know why we’re talking about making a name. I think you mean staying in the spotlight (if you’re even here anymore anon)

So how is “Wicked” doing so amazing?

Because shows like Wicked, Lion King, etc are going to pull in the tourists who don’t know anything about theater and are therefore going to go with names of shows they know, or shows who have a longstanding reputation for being a safe bet.

My parents went to NYC and wanted to see a couple of shows. They don’t know anything about theater. What did they pick? Wicked and Chicago. F-ing Chicago. I told them that show is tired and worn out, but they saw the movie and liked it, so they felt it was a safe bet over something like Once because they didn’t know anything about it.

The first year, a non brand name show is going to pull in the theater fans. After that, they have to rely on the tourists and the only way to do that is to either be a big splashy show like Spiderman or Wicked, or use a known name above the marquee. Sister Act sure didn’t pick Raven Symone because they’re blown away by her talent, they picked her because hopefully families with kids/teens will want to see “That’s So Raven” on the stage.

Yes, the Jonas new album. Make live chats to keep fans updated on it, put up videos weekly of the writing/music process just like they use to, put up funny videos like they use tooooo

• crazylady

Have the fans see the making of the album so they can keep anticipating it.

agree I think he’ll do better if he gives us some previews. part of Joseph’s problem was when he was solo, he took a long time without even giving any previews. how are people supposed to get excited about something they’ve never heard?

• l?veislouder

poor nick you can tell he is sad

this would’ve never happened if he didn’t date DELTA!

May 9, 2012 @ 10:33 am
    this would’ve never happened if he didn’t date DELTA!
    Nick and Delta broke up three weeks into Nick’s run; I doubt it was her, hater.

• crazylady

this would’ve never happened if he didn’t date DELTA!

Eliza is that you?

The damage was done last year with the Delta dating. Everyone deserves a private life. But if you depend on female fans, it should be kept private. Darren Criss had a girlfriend. No one ever saw her. Delta made SURE people saw her and twittered his fans constantly. She seemed very self concerned.

• l?veislouder

Both Daniel and Darren had girlfriends. Daniel’s girlfriend was around the theatre a lot (albeit, not many people knew who she was, and also, she didn’t know anyone in the city, so I don’t blame her for choosing to spend time at the theatre; she must have been lonely). Delta’s flaunting certainly wasn’t beneficial, but it wasn’t all her. I don’t think Nick handled 2011 all that well either. He wasn’t speaking to fans a whole lot, and maybe that’s because he was too focused on Delta, but that’s not her fault; he could have been in a relationship and still showed the fans love. It’s wasn’t a pick-and-choose, but he made it seem like it was, and now then it was a “surprise” that the fans weren’t waiting for him when he got back, buying out his show. I don’t think that was right =/

Yeah. Very true about the keeping in touch w/fans part. Sometimes it seems like he has no management. He’s so good about meeting w/fans one on one. But the promotion on social media is very erratic.

• crazylady

I think it doesn’t help that he’s reserved. maybe part of him is still not used to being the center of attention. his brothers used to do all the talking.

That may be it right there. When he was with his brothers, they are very social creatures and made up for his serious & quiet side. You can see he loves performing and doing his job well. But I think he finds the social side to fame a bit draining.

Wait is Once based off of the True Story/Movie about Glen Hansard and Marketa Iglova? I seriously had no clue that they made that into a broadway play….

May 9, 2012 @ 08:39 am
    crazylady said:

I don’t know but as calm and collected as Nick acts, I’m sure he’s the most disappointed person of all because we all know him and work. sure he may have the Jonas Brothers but he must feel like sh!t.

Let’s face it . A broadway show needs an audience more than just school kids.
    As for how disappointed he may feel now I agree

May 9, 2012 @ 08:33 am
    not canceled, only get a close

not canceled, only get a close

OCEANUP ALWAYS TALK BAD ABOUT JONAS BROTHERS
    Even if that were true, OceanUP can’t make this up. The show is closing. That’s not “talking bad,” that’s fact.

• crazylady

Nick just isn’t at his peak anymore.

sure but they would have a lot better chance if they waited til summer. Nick has more fans than people think..it’s just everyone is in school or maybe the older ones are at college.

• oceanUP

if he and miley would just suck it up and get back together good things would come there way!!

• crazylady

Let’s face it . A broadway show needs an audience more than just school kids.

true but mom and I would have gone if they had waited til we had money!!!! and I’m done with college for now. I know we’re just two people though so we don’t count.

plus, if only more older people would stop looking at his name and give him a chance.

• l?veislouder

Nick just isn’t at his peak anymore.

I definitely agree with that. Even in Nick’s low ticket sales, his highest weeks have been the times school was out; spring break was amazing for him. I guess the producers have just grown fed up with losing money.

• crazylady

I guess the producers have just grown fed up with losing money.

well now I’m fed up too. it’s like someone up there hates me. a few companies have discontinued the food/beverages I would consume the most, people won’t hire me at the jobs I have really really wanted, we didn’t sell much at our yard sale and now it’s like Broadway wants to piss me off
    at least they have money..aholes.

I completely agree with you but what i am trying to say is Jonas popularity has faded over the past years. This is something that even their hardcore fans agree on it.I can’t understand how people from a Broadway production couldn’t find it out. I was thinking they were always doing a thorough research on the popularity and current position of their main characters before hiring them.
    Sorry for my bad English by the way ;)

• OMG

OMG NICK IS MY IDOL! THIS PLAY WAS AMAZING, BUT OBVIOUSLY HE REALLY DOESNT KNOW HOW TO SUCCEED! IF HE DID THE PLAY WOULD STILL BE AROUND! I AM REALLY SAD! I HOPE THAT DATE HE HAD LAST NIGHT WITH SARAH M (I SAW A PICTURE OF THEM TOGETHER!)CHEERS HIM UP!

PROVE IT!

Date with SaraM . That’d be hilarious !!!

WHY? SARAH IS TALENTED AND BEAUTIFUL! HER ABILITY TO FIND CELEBRITIES ANYWHERE IS AMAZING! I WISH I COULD DO IT!

• l?veislouder

Sorry for my bad English by the way ;)
    I guess they thought having him in one place would bring out all the hardcore fans, and it was, to some extent. I heard of people who were seeing the show 15+ times; it was crazy. But it was just empty a lot, and not enough to sell out the show.

And your English is fine. I can understand you better than some “natives” on here lol

—————-
    Obviously you don’t know anything about Broadway, or else you wouldn’t be blaming the show’s early-closure on one person -_____-

Yes, I understand.
    and thanks for the complement ;)

l?veislouder

YOUR NOT A FAN JONAS OUT HERE

l?veislouder

YOUR NOT A FAN JONAS OUT HERE

IF HE KNEW HOW TO SUCCEED, HE WOULD OF CHOOSE A PLAY THAT SUCCEEDED.

NICK IS VERY TALENTED

USA PEOPLE JUST LIKE THE PLASTIC POP LIKE JUSTIN BIEBER

l?veislouder

YOUR NOT A FAN JONAS OUT HERE

l?veislouder

YOUR NOT A FAN JONAS OUT HERE
    —————
    You’re* not someone involved in my life, so you wouldn’t know if I were a fan or not.

l?veislouder IS STUPID

(replying to this) – May 9, 2012 @ 09:14 am
    IF HE KNEW HOW TO SUCCEED, HE WOULD OF CHOOSE A PLAY THAT SUCCEEDED.
    When he chose* the play, it was succeeding very much, and it was winning Tonys. You’re just an uninformed idiot.

May 9, 2012 @ 09:15 am
    l?veislouder IS STUPID
    Coming from someone who doesn’t even know how to turn off caps lock. lol, okay.

• SARAH M’S NUMBER ONE FAN!

Yes, I understand.
    and thanks for the complement ;)
    You’re welcome :)

May 9, 2012 @ 09:17 am
    SARAH M’S NUMBER ONE FAN! said:
    Sorry Demi makes money, speaks out, and does something with her life, unlike Sarah, whose only talent is stalking, troll.

l? veislouder YOUR COMMENTS NEWS 1D

THE JONAS Leave them alone.

POISON

YES l?veislouder STUPID

• OMG

OKAY BUT STILL. NOW THE PLAY NO LONGER EXIST, SO DOES HE REALLY NOW HOW TO SUCCEED? THE PLAY SHOULD BE CALLED “HOW TO SUCCEED FOR A FEW MONTHS WHEN YOU ARE NO LONGER IN THE SPOTLIGHT!”

l? veislouder

ONE DIRECTION ARE THE PLASTIC POP

And I do not comment

• l?veislouder

The show no longer exists? What, is it going extinct now? You do realize the show is arevival, right? This isn’t the first time this show is premiering. No, you wouldn’t know that, because you clearly have no knowledge of Broadway.
    The show can come back; it’s not going into exile -____-

And I can’t even with these unintelligent anons who don’t make any sense because their grammar is so damn poor.

• OMG

I DONT CARE ABOUT WHEN IT FIRST STARTED. ALL I KNOW IS THAT HE WAS IN THIS PLAY FOR A FEW MONTHS CAUSE HE NEEDED A PAYCHECK. SINCE HE SUCKS, THE PLAY GOT CANCELLED. I GUESS ITS TIME TO GET THE JONAS SISTERS TOGETHER AGAIN FOR ANOTHER QUICK BUCK!

—————
    Uh, he didn’t suck at all; again, you clearly don’t know Broadway at all. And they never broke up, so… You really are just so lame, aren’t you? Don’t you have anything better to do than to hate and be so disrespectful? I guess not.

does anyone have any idea why it’s being cut short? i saw it in March and i thought everyone did a fantastic job!
    i don’t understand why Nick is doing so bad with sales, he’s a freakin Jonas Brother! plus he is soooo talented. i just wish people would take him seriously and see how much of an awesome, amazing guy he really is, on stage and off.

• OMG

IF HE DIDNT SUCK, THIS PLAY WOULD STILL BE OPEN. THEY DIDN’T JUST SHUT IT DOWN FOR THE HELL OF IT.

• l?veislouder

It’s being cut short due to low ticket sales, which can not be blamed on a single person.
    Nick is talented, he does have charisma, he’s got all of that; but that’s not always enough. It’s a fantastic show, but it’s not a classic like Phantom of the Opera or Les Misérables. It’s been on for over a year; most people have seen it already, and it’s a show to see once, maybe twice. I only saw it twice with Daniel and I’m a HUGE Daniel fan. It’s just not a show you go see over and over again. I can’t understand how some people saw it over 20 times; I’d get so bored.

It failed to sell, but the blame cannot be put on Nick.

(replying to this) – May 9, 2012 @ 09:36 am
    OMG said:
    And that’s where your ignorance comes in. Nick is not the only person who has anything to do with this show. There are writers, the orchestra, the dancers, the other roles, the show itself. Like I said above this comment, it’s not a show you see over and over again like Phantom or Les Misérables, and Nick got the shitty end of the stick, being the third Finch. It’s a fun show, but it’s not a classic, and that is not Nick’s fault.

Plus, if it was all Nick’s fault, they would have just gotten rid of Nick. Nick has a fantastic, good-looking, talented understudy. They could have dropped Nick, stuck the understudy in, and *poof* problem fixed. But because that wasn’t the case, it wasn’t that easy.

Except the way the theater is today, people aren’t going to pay to see someone they’ve never heard of. There always has to be something on the marquee pulling people in, whether it’s a well known character (like Spiderman) or association with known names (like Book of Mormon having Trey & Matt from South Park to pull people in.)

• Laura.E

This is going to upset a lot of people. It would be so nice if the powers that be would change their minds. I guess they are going to lose out on all the sales they could have this summer.

• crazylady

no they shut it down because they hate me and they know I love Nick.

I’m sure the shows producers felt Nick could bring the fans in. At the beginning of 2011 he had a great fan base. But 2011 was a year of no new music, Nick hiding in a Beat Lab and the only time he emerged was w/his publicity hungry new woman. It was great for her career, but shot his to hell. He shied away from twitter and did not keep in touch with his fan base. We had a few TV appearances, the Quaker Chewy thing, one US concert and half assed promotion for everything except his relationship. But, ultimately, he gave a great performance in the play and it’s sad so many will never know.

• l?veislouder

So how is “Wicked” doing so amazing? Ever since Idina and Kirsten left, it’s had names that aren’t well-known (or known at all). “Cats” did well without a huge name, “Billy Elliot” is doing well, and “Book of Mormon” is doing well more by word-of-mouth than its association with South Park.
    And people who go see Broadway are people who are looking for a good show, not a big name. Do big names help? Absolutely. When Nick is in a theatrical production, a huge part of the audience are people who would otherwise never go see a production like that. But on its own, Broadway succeeds because of its name, not the name of the people on it.

Catching up on the comments on this post and laughing my ass off.

May 9, 2012 @ 09:18 am

l? veislouder YOUR COMMENTS NEWS 1D

THE JONAS Leave them alone.

POISON

YES l?veislouder STUPID
    —————

LMAO

• l?veislouder

That’s another good point. Nick signed the contract and had the job way before he and Delta broke up; he was still being very secluded when he got the job; his fan base hadn’t gone down as much as it was by the end of 2011. It’s not like the job could just be yanked from him.
    Everyone was just hoping for the best, and it fell short of their expectations.

Wait, is this going to be cacelled AFTER Nick’s period is over?

Nevermind, i just read the first sentence again -_-

• classicalmusicplayer

Are You fricken kidding me?!? I was going to go see it on the 23nd! I know sales are down but they could of went into summer and hope tickets sales go up with girls going to see Nick during summer break.

I don’t get it, though. They didn’t even give a reason to do it?
    Was Nick doing THAT bad with sales?
    It’s a pity… I don’t think he’ll be taken seriously anymore.

• xAskTaylorx

Are you kidding me? I thought they were doing so well with Nick there and all! =’/

• classicalmusicplayer

—-///–/

• You’reMyKryptonite

:O that sucks!

• SellyismygirlCrush

Boo!

• Gorgeousanons

May 8, 2012 @ 09:48 pm
    xAskTaylorx said:

Ew gtfo you black guetto Barbie .

that’s too bad! but I guess now Nick can focus more with the band and all. they really need to do something to get all their fans back. Do things they used to like live chats as a group or funny youtube videos. I mean, there’s no denying that they’ve lost lots of them and we all know that without the fans, they’ll flop. I think they should show more interest with interacting with the fans, give them what they want (which I guess they’ve already kind of figured out with ‘Married to Jonas’ and all) I wish all the best for them and am gonna support them no matter what.

May 9, 2012 @ 08:54 am
    OMG said:

——————

Nick does know how to succeed, at least in bed he does…

l? veislouder YOUR COMMENTS NEWS 1D

THE JONAS Leave them alone.

POISON

YES l?veislouder STUPID
    —————

LMAO
    Can you even figure out what they’re saying? I know I can’t.

Nah. I think it’s been shown by trending topics that they are stronger as a band and can draw more fans by being together. If nothing else, they should give fans an adult statement of their music w/mature voices and well written songs.

@omg your comments are hilarious. I’m literally laughing.

• l?veislouder

They were the exceptions, not the rule, and Disney wasn’t nearly as strict back then or had the reputation it does now. To compare Justin/Christina/Britney time to Miley/Demi/Jonas/Selena time, or even Hilary and Raven, is ridiculous and unfair.

May 8, 2012 @ 10:14 pm
    the show itself is not that entertaining so I’m not surprised
    The show itself is hilarious; maybe you need to reevaluate your sense of humor, or lack thereof.

Wow, this is really sad. I love the show, I love the cast, I love the crew. Wow :(

l? veislouder YOUR COMMENTS NEWS 1D

Translation:

Loveislouder you comment 1D news

THE JONAS Leave them alone.

Translation:

Leave the Jonas alone

POISON

Translation:

Poison

YES l?veislouder STUPID

Translation:

Yes Loveislouder is stupid

• crazylady

agree and also as much as I love Britney and she does have some talent, she got her job because sex and glamour sells. she’s not nearly as talented as Jonas. she’s just more “glamourous”

@loveislouder

the anon is trying to insult you using google translate

• crazylady

also Christina is highly talented but sex was also a factor in her success. for example she really blew up when Dirrty came out.

May 9, 2012 @ 10:11 am
    @loveislouder

the anon is trying to insult you using google translate
    lol, I figured as much.

• crazylady

and the thing is Britney isn’t even relevant anymore. why? because she’s lost her “glamour” a lot of people say she’s boring now.

I’m so upset about this :'(!! I feel bad for nick the cast even the workers ! It’s all sad :'(
    I saw the show twice and loved it now I’m
    Going back 3 times next week :/

He doesn’t have to necessarily stay in New York now!

How do you get to Ocean Shore,I have Never been there?I tryed.

Poor Nick. It seemed like a really funny show. :/

May 9, 2012 @ 05:08 am
    Lantonia said:
    Poor Nick. It seemed like a really funny show. :/
    —————-
    It is, it’s hilarious. Nick, himself, put some funny little things to Finch that neither Darren nor Daniel did. I feel bad for everyone :(

• Lantonia

How do you get to Ocean Shore,I have Never been there?I tryed.
    It’s Oceansshore.

He should stay in NYC. LA is so fake. And he can go to Yankee games. Plus Smash is coming back and guaranteed he will guest star on there.

• Lantonia

Have you seen it before? From the videos I saw on YT it looked really good. And Nick’s so cute. :/

• Lantonia

Ah well. I wish Nick the very best of luck for the future. n_n

• l?veislouder

I saw it twice with Daniel, once with Darren, once with Nick. Daniel is my favorite, but it was always funny, always a good show; I’ll miss it a lot, and the cast and crew as well :(

• Lantonia

Wow, you must have been a great fan of the show then. I love musicals but there’s not that many great ones here in Denmark – it’s a shame. :/

Dani, did you hear the MTT rumor? :/

Nick loves play to play Finch and was so good at it :(
    The people who went to see HTS only had nice things to say about Nick.
    Smh, the HTS producers only care about the money and not the talent.
    I just hope Nick doesn’t feel like failure because he’s not. He’s amazing and the mature way he handled the situation was
    incredible, i don’t how he could do it. I’d tell all those ungrateful bitches to go fuck theirself but Nick no, he has so much class.

Dead.

Awe poor Nick :(
    He deserves a lot more credit for what he does. He’s so talented, but so underrated as an artist outside of Disney. Should never have gone the Disney route IMO. He was too good for it

• Still Anonymous

No wonder he’s been tweeting all cryptically as of late. Makes sense. This is kind of sad. I think I may try and go to one of the final showings though for sure. I planned on going at some point this summer anyway. Looks like it’ll be sometime next week lol… I hope the tickets are on sale.

I tryed writing in oceansshore too it didn’t work.

I drove 13 hours and spent two night in NYC just to see this show. It was incredible, funny and Nick really shined in the role. He has nothing to be ashamed of. HT$ recovered their initial 9million dollar investment in December 2011 and it was pretty well known that they were ending the show after Nick’s run. Aside from the promotional posters & commercials in NYC area, they failed to market him to a national audience. His EP is #3 on the ITunes Soundtrack charts right now and in the Top 40 overall. If they would have released that his first week on Broadway we might be looking at a much different scenario. He has an incredible voice and that soundtrack proves it. Nick is not to blame…the same production company has pitched three other Broadway shows that lasted only a few weeks & have already failed. I think the entire production company was counting on Nick to fund everything. Sucks

If I can drive 13 hours to see Nick in HT$, then his NYC area fans should pack that theater the next two weeks and make sure Nick has the chance to close out the show with his head held high. Go see the show and support him in something that is so important to him.

darren did the best anyway..

Nick loves play to play Finch and was so good at it :(
    The people who went to see HTS only had nice things to say about Nick.
    Smh, the HTS producers only care about the money and not the talent.
    —————–
    That’s pretty harsh, as well as untrue. How would you feel if you put $9 million into a show and then you weren’t getting your money back because the show wasn’t selling? I’m sure you’d be just as upset as the producers.
    The annoying thing about this is that people fail to see that this is actually a business. Everyone involved does this to put food on their plates, clothes on their backs, and a roof over their heads; life doesn’t come free. They all have passion and talent, but unfortunately, that doesn’t pay the bills. You have to get the money from somewhere, and if it’s not working here, you gotta go somewhere else. It’s sad, but it’s true. That’s reality.

May 9, 2012 @ 05:15 am
    Lantonia said:
    Dani, did you hear the MTT rumor? :/
    No, what is that?

DANIIII

• Lantonia

I tryed writing in oceansshore too it didn’t work.
    It should work. It’s the first link on Google for me. Try to add forum to it then. n_n

No, what is that?
    People were saying that 1D would release a MV for MTT this Friday, but now some say it’s just a live performance from the DVD. It’s making everyone confused. T_T

Hi Marissa. n_n

May 8, 2012 @ 10:56 pm
    i think he cancelled it because he wants to focus on the Jonas Brothers :D
    He didn’t cancel it, you nimrod, the show itself was canceled. First of all, Nick doesn’t have that kind of power; he can’t close the show just because he wants to focus on something else. 2) He couldn’t just leave the show either, especially since he was under contract until July 1.
    Not to mention, Nick is too professional to do either of those things.

Honestly, I can’t even with some people.

—————
    Oh, I hope it’s not a live performance, or if it is, I hope it’s not the official video. I hate when live performances are the official music video :(
    They haven’t filmed a music video for it though, so if something is being released, it’s gonna be a live performance. I just hope it won’t be the official video.

Hi Marissa :)

Hi Marissa. n_n

Sup yo

Hi Marissa :)

hey :) did you see the post last night?

May 9, 2012 @ 06:36 am
    Live.Love.Learn. said:
    Hi Marissa :)

hey :) did you see the post last night?
    I did, I left a few comments :)

• Lantonia

Honestly, I can’t even with some people.
    Calm down. I’m sure he/she didn’t mean it in a bad way. Probably just a Jonas fan excited for new music.. :/

May 9, 2012 @ 06:39 am
    Lantonia said:
    Honestly, I can’t even with some people.
    I was calm, but honestly, in what world does it make sense that Nick would sign on until July 1, and then all of a sudden pull out two months before his contracted end in a completely unprofessional move and be like, “Nope, I wanna focus on my music, bye!” and be the cause of everyone down there losing their jobs two months early? Talk about coming out of left field >.< Plus, the show has understudies; David (Nick’s understudy) could have easily taken over if Nick, for some un-contracted reason, did have to leave the show. Shit, I’ll never see David as Finch now :(

• Live.Love.Learn.

I did, I left a few comments :)
    Thank you for the defense (well, there wasn’t really anything to defend lol) against Taylor. She’s ridiculous >.< Oh, and I thread my eyebrows as well. Shit’s a bitch lol —- Lol no problem. I don’t get it though…she seemed nice. Wouldn’t expect her to go on anon and say shit OMG FINALLY SOMEONE WHO’S NORMAL. Everyone said they don’t get their eyebrows done, and I was what the fuck?? They acted like it was totally weird & absurd that I did lmaoo

• Lantonia

Yes, I hate that too. It’s annoying how some artists think it’s okay for a live performance to be considered a MV. I really wanted to see a new MV with the boys. Bleh.

And we don’t know that. Back in February there were rumors of them filming a MV for MTT and wanting to release it on Valentines Day. Nobody knows anything, so we can only hope. n_n

• Lantonia

You guys don’t like Taylor?

• Live.Love.Learn.

Lmao my thoughts…like did I miss something or? But it’s possible they did secretly film a video. Bieber re-shot his entire music video so..

• Lantonia

They were rumors of them filming a MV for that song back in February. It is possible.

• Live.Love.Learn.

You guys don’t like Taylor?

I don’t have a problem with her. I don’t think she likes us though lmao

• Live.Love.Learn.

I sure hope so! Wonder where it was shot. In February, they were in the United States sooo hmmm

—————
    Nah, I’ve seen her be really bitchy and hateful, especially about Demi, which is so hypocritical, considering her username. She hated that I would call her out on her shit, which is why she doesn’t like me. I’m “not flawless” because I put her on the spot, and she doesn’t like that (though in her defense, no one likes that).

lmao yes, I was reading and I was like O______O what are you people?! lmao. they’re so odd, I was like whaaaaat? lol. Yes, I get them threaded every two-three weeks, though my woman is so good, I can sometimes wait four weeks and they still look good. I love my eyebrows; they’re one of my favorite things about me lol

• l?veislouder

Yeah, but we knew about that, or at least I did lol. But if they did film one in February, and as you said, they were in the U.S. then, that’d be awesome :)
    I love that most of their music videos are U.S.-based, and the one U.K. one is so U.K./London-ed out that there’s no question about it lol

I don’t have a problem with her. I don’t think she likes us though lmao
    lol this.

• Live.Love.Learn.

Nah, I’ve seen her be really bitchy and hateful, especially about Demi, which is so unhypocritical, considering her username. She hated that I would call her out on her shit, which is why she doesn’t like me. I’m “not flawless” because I put her on the spot, and she doesn’t like that (though in her defense, no one likes that).

Oh really? I didn’t know that =/
    I suppose she likes OS now anyway so I wouldn’t be surprised if she decided to stay there

I don’t have a problem with her. I don’t think she likes us though lmao
    Ah, you should all be friends. I mean, there’s so few users here these days that it wouldn’t help being enemies with anyone.

• Live.Love.Learn.

I didn’t! Like none of the teasers they showed were even in the video. When I saw it, I was like O______o

I know right! WMYB & GTBY <33

Maybe it’s just a montage of all the places they visited and follows them on their radio tours and stuff.

• Live.Love.Learn.

I’m not looking for enemies lmao I used to talk to her actually. Seems to me like she’s leaving OU for OS & is just looking for trouble *shrugs*

Oh really? I didn’t know that =/

Lol yes O_______o indeed! I think my hair grows really fast or something because I can only go 2 weeks. After that, I just try to tweeze the new hairs to get through another week or so. But since I wait so long to get them done again, it always hurts like a freaking mofo. This lady yesterday who was waiting her turn said I was really brave for not or screaming or being a baby about it, but she could see how much pain I was in because I have sensitive skin & it gets really red and irritated afterwards >.< & I love my eyebrows too, especially the natural arch they have in them ^_^ lol ----------- I'd like her to stay there. She never contributes anything positive, at least not that I see, especially when I'm around. She likes to say really snarky comments when I'm around, probably to see if she'll get a response. She's like my own personal troll >.< Aww my skin gets really red and irritated too, but only for a couple minutes. How long does it stay red for you? I love the natural arch in my eyebrows too! It makes it easy for anyone to see my shape and just clean it, but I’ve been going to the same woman for years, probably like seven years. Crazy haha, but she’s so good, and she applies lotion and massages my forehead for a minute after, and it’s like heaven <3

Novels, omg.

• Lantonia

OS is not as bad as you guys think. It’s a really nice play where we can be ourselves without OU creeping, lol. But I like being both places. n_n

I know right! WMYB & GTBY <33

Yeah, I saw a few pictures of the re-shoot like a week ago; that’s how I knew things were going to be switched up. Still not sure why he did it though. Maybe I’ll ask him today. I may be going to see him later lol

Well, maybe I could live with a montage video. That sounds like it’d be similar to Jonas Brothers’ “When You Look Me in the Eyes”, and I did really like that :)
    Still, I’d prefer an actual video, though it’d be nice to finally not see them all up on girls that aren’t me hahaha

• Lantonia

A thing that could make OU better would be disabling the anons. It makes the site too messy and spammed, which makes users leave.

• Live.Love.Learn.

I’d like her to stay there. She never contributes anything positive, at least not that I see, especially when I’m around. She likes to say really snarky comments when I’m around, probably to see if she’ll get a response. She’s like my own personal troll >.< Aww my skin gets really red and irritated too, but only for a couple minutes. How long does it stay red for you? I love the natural arch in my eyebrows too! It makes it easy for anyone to see my shape and just clean it, but I've been going to the same woman for years, probably like seven years. Crazy haha, but she's so good, and she applies lotion and massages my forehead for a minute after, and it's like heaven <3 ---- :o lmao your words, not mine! I'm not saying anything! Not looking for more drama *seals lips* haha

Wayyy more than a few minutes. A good half an hour I think >.< & lol this! My eyebrows already have a nice shape to them; I just get them cleaned up :D

I’ve been going to the same woman for about 3 years & she’s really nice. She only charges me $7 lol HBU?

• Live.Love.Learn.

I’m sure it’s not, but it’s just not for me. I don’t like forums. I like the simplicity of OU & I don’t care if they are creeping; it’s not like I know them in real life & am going to be judged for what I say lol

• l?veislouder

:o lmao your words, not mine! I’m not saying anything! Not looking for more drama *seals lips* haha

Hahaha I should shut my mouth too. Not asking for more crap.

Aww that sucks. Apply lotion to it, just a small amount, and it should help a bit.
    My woman started working at a salon on Queens, then she opened her own place in Queens, then one in Manhattan, then another in Queens, and prices vary depending on what borough you’re in (Manhattan is very expensive to live in or run a business), so if I see her in Queens, it’s $5, if I see her in Manhattan, it’s $7 (but she usually charges me just the $5 anyway since my mom and I have gone to her for so long lol).

• Live.Love.Learn.

The whole fight was over enabling anons, and now that we have them, everyone wants them disabled? Oh. We all knew that having anons comes with spam. I’m sure some of the OS users are aware of that…lmao

Yeah, I see. ^_^

• Lantonia

3rd time I’m saying this, lol – I wasn’t a part of that plan. I never wanted anons back. I’ve never understood why people would go anonymous and not make themselves known – especially if they intend to come back.
    And I guess we can now all see OU is a mess. It’s only worth coming here for the users, everything else is history.

• Live.Love.Learn.

Hahaha I should shut my mouth too. Not asking for more crap.

:o & here I thought I was getting some sort of good deal lmaooo the places in the mall charge $12-15 so I guess I still save ^_^

Just wondering – what’s the woman’s ethnicity?

• Live.Love.Learn.

Idk ask everyone at OS who wanted anons back haha

• Live.Love.Learn.

Yes definitely ask Bieber if you see him!
    & yeah I really liked that video too <3

• l?veislouder

Just wondering – what’s the woman’s ethnicity?
    lol no, $7 is good too, especially if she does such a good job. If I go with my mom, she gets her legs waxed, her upper lip waxed, her eyebrows done, then I get my eyebrows done and upper lip waxed (I shave my legs; waxing them hurts way too bad lol) so with all that money being made, she doesn’t mind knocking off a couple dollars for regulars. My mom also recommends everyone to her, so that helps her too.
    I believe she’s Indian, though I’m not sure if there are specifics (like if someone is Hispanic, they could be Puerto Rican or Colombian or something).

• l?veislouder

Yes definitely ask Bieber if you see him!
    & yeah I really liked that video too <3
    I’m working on him hooking it up with someone ;) lol, so I don’t want to waste time hahaha, but if I remember, or if I can get it to come up just casually, I’ll ask and see :)

• Live.Love.Learn.

lol no, $7 is good too, especially if she does such a good job. If I go with my mom, she gets her legs waxed, her mustache waxed, her eyebrows done, then I get my eyebrows done and mustache waxed (I shave my legs; waxing them hurts way too bad lol) so with all that money being made, she doesn’t mind knocking off a couple dollars for regulars. My mom also recommends everyone to her, so that helps her too.

Oh true! Haha we recommend our lady to everyone too & my mom is friends with her so it’s all good

LOL I thought so. Threading is most common in South Asian culture (Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi) so she probably is Indian.
    Rarely do I ever see white customers getting their eyebrows threaded.

scandalous

• xAskTaylorx

………

• l?veislouder

Rarely do I ever see white customers getting their eyebrows threaded.
    Oh, I’m as white as can be lol, unless you count the fact that I’m Moroccan, but I apply it more to the fact that: a) I live in New York City, so I’m exposed to a lot of culture; and b) my mom is obsessed with looks and grooming, so I do these things with her (plus if I don’t, my mom gets pissed, so I also do it to shut her up lol).

• xAskTaylorx

Live.Love.Learn.

Have you been up all night? At school? OMG! Lol. Did you get any sleep last night? =/

May 9, 2012 @ 07:27 am
    Live.Love.Learn. said:
    scandalous
    You know how I do, boo. lmao

• xAskTaylorx

I guess were still here? xD Must have looked at the date wrong.

Lol what..?

• xAskTaylorx

:dead:

• Live.Love.Learn.

Nah I went to bed at around midnight. I have another exam today at 12:00 so I don’t have to be at school till 11:45 ^_^

Lol yeah that’s true. I love NYC for that <3

• xAskTaylorx

Live.Love.Learn. said:

• xAskTaylorx

I have a class at 12, so I may be signing off soon to get ready….