Taylor Swift Donates $4M Music Education

tayhair

Taylor Swift has donated $4 million to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum, reports Billboard. It is the largest given to the museum by an artist and is the second largest from an individual. It will fund the Taylor Swift Education Center, an exhibit and classroom space scheduled to open in 2014.

Museum director: ‘In terms of what it will allow us to do, we do education very well now. It will allow us to do what we do better, serve more people, develop new programs and I’m happy to say that as we talked through this opportunity with Taylor, she very much wants to be involved in an advisory capacity in what we do. Is there a better person out there who’s in touch with a young audience? I think not. I was joking we should be paying her to do that. I was only joking.’

The 7,500 square foots space will include three classrooms and exhibit space along with a musical petting zoo and a ‘wet’ classroom space to make concert posters and other art projects.

• iSpeak4mE

good for you, Taylor!

It’s nice to hear that she’s giving back to the community. That’s one thing you can’t take away from her :)

AMAZING!! Could have donated 1 million or 2 million but 4 million thats incredible! Celebrities do make HUGE money but Taylor does work hard to hers. Nice though to be able to use your fame and money to help others. And on another note I think many of Joe’s ex’s were beautiful and amazing young girls and it was his big loss!!

now i want a building to be named after me!

well she did tweet abouyt the friends song.. so that tells me something happened. listen closely to that rock mafia song. it';s about a breakup.

Looks like taytay needs a tax deduction. Either that or she’s trying to Miley out by building a school for demoralized hasbeens to resurrect their careers. Taytay is so sweet. Yay. She and Selena are such good friends and angels to Miley, supporting her career like that.

I’ll never really understand how people can HATE her. Dislike? Maybe, sure, you’re bound to come across people that you don’t care for. But hate? Whyyy? She’s humble, sweet, intelligent, and just very… charming. She doesn’t talk too fast or interrupt people, she’s never ill mannered, and she doesn’t act like she’s a millionaire who can do whatever she wants. Good morals are so hard to find in people these days.

• SubwayToVenus

That’s what I wondered. Fuck if I know. She may as well have just deleted her twitter along with it.

I don’t think they’ve broken up, they would have unfollowed each other on Twitter.
    Anyway, she doesn’t tweet much, soo..

• l?veislouder

Anyway, she doesn’t tweet much, soo..
    Yeah, it’s just become endorsing and advertisement for her anyway. I don’t go to her twitter for validity on things.

May 17, 2012 @ 04:02 pm
    l?veislouder said:

May 17, 2012 @ 03:55 pm
    SubwayToVenus said:
    How does someone deleting an Instagram is connected to a breakup?

people were saying justin had unfollowed her on instagram then they said she just deleted it! idk her twitter is more professional so she wouldn’t unfollow Justin or delete her twitter because of him, 16 year old selly would thou

• Taylorisakwas

Wow. $4 million blowed on MUSIC EDUCATION?! I don’t know how this can benefit children…! Think about those DYING in the war or STARVING to death. What a kwas. All respect is lost.

Everyone here???

• l?veislouder

Doubt it. 16-year-old Selly would just tweet cynical heartbroken lyrics, or announce a junk food party with her cousin and Taylor.

Taylor Swift made me think of the user Disco.Is.Dead which is a bit of an ironic coincidence cause the queen of disco: Donna Summer has passed… RIP

• SubwayToVenus

True.

• norma

This is amazing, donating and not shopping in photos, my new favorite celebrity TS !

• SubwayToVenus

Hmm, who knows. I hope not :(
    I really liked that couple. Who knows, we’ll find out eventually. People start rumours on Twitter all the time.

I don’t think she would have deleted her twitter, I think she would have unfollowed him because she did that with Nick. At this point in her career I doubt she would do that that’s what I mean.

I liked them as a couple too. Hope they’re still together.

• SubwayToVenus

Kelly Clarkson is fucking epic.

omg if jelena breaks up im gonna cry there my fav couple and the anon that siad joe unfollowed taylor ur right but i wonder what happened i bet he realized hes in love with demi srry had 2 say that im a jemi fan both friendship and relationship

• MissSarah

SubwayToVenus said:
    Kelly Clarkson is fucking epic

ikr love her. why do you find her fucking epic?

MissSarah said:
    SubwayToVenus said:
    Kelly Clarkson is fucking epic

ikr love her. why do you find her fucking epic?

LOL I remember you had a Kelly Clarkson icon
    idk why I remember o_O

• SubwayToVenus

Kelly Clarkson is fucking epic

ikr love her. why do you find her fucking epic?

LOL I remember you had a Kelly Clarkson icon
    idk why I remember o_O

Because she’s so fierce and wise.

taylor swift seems to be such a great person! love her

@subway yeah I love Kelly too she’s awesome

Kelly Clarkson >>> Taylor Swift

• MissSarah

MissSarah said:
    SubwayToVenus said:
    Kelly Clarkson is fucking epic

ikr love her. why do you find her fucking epic?

LOL I remember you had a Kelly Clarkson icon
    idk why I remember o_O

omg such a stalker lol
    but ya clarko is the best.

Ok wtf? I’m a huge Taylor fan I love tht girl.
    But saving people lives by donating money to them is MUCH MORE IMPORTANT THAN GIVING 4 MILLION FUCK DOLLARS to not even normal school but freakin music schools. WTF is wrong with people. People are starving and shit and she goes off and donates to fuckin music schools. We have enough talented people in this worlf that could become succesful without a music school while on the other hand we have millions of people starving to death here in Africa. Seriously you some people are just so naive. I love you Taylor but c’mon you should have donated all this money to something much more important. Forget Africa, there is alot of poverty in America too! Think girl, don’t be naive.

• l?veislouder

Ok wtf? I’m a huge Taylor fan I love tht girl.
    Again, Taylor has given many donations; this is just one of them. So calm yourself, and again, understand that it is Taylor’s money to decide what to do with, and if she wants to help children with music education in addition to hunger and disaster relief, she has every right to do so.

shut the fuck up. she donates 1 bullshit dollars to starving charities and that’s it. I heard that she send monopoly money instead of the real thing. :( she is SO sick. Die

My love.

• SubwayToVenus

Taylor should be every young girls’ role model <3

• l?veislouder

Wow, amazing. What an inspiration.
    Say what you want about her music, may it not be your style or whatever, but you cannot say this girl is not a good person with a good heart, and in the end, that’s all that matters.

agreeeeeeeed

I LOVE HER.

Joe unfollowed her on instagram lol! and selena gomez deleted hers.

• l?veislouder

May 17, 2012 @ 03:51 pm
    Joe unfollowed her on instagram lol! and selena gomez deleted hers.
    I’m so glad everyone is keeping me up to date on the instagram activity of celebrities. I don’t know how I’d survive otherwise.

It was a TT people were saying Justin and Selly boo were broken up because she deleted her instagram lol!

• SubwayToVenus

How does someone deleting an Instagram is connected to a breakup?

• l?veislouder

May 17, 2012 @ 03:55 pm
    SubwayToVenus said:
    How does someone deleting an Instagram is connected to a breakup?

• l?veislouder

May 18, 2012 @ 02:51 am
    Taylorisakwas said:
    You’re clearly one of those people who are the reason we’re losing the arts in schools. Music and art aren’t “less important” or should be disregarded; clearly, it does some people some good, or Taylor wouldn’t have the $4 million ready to donate. Shut up. Taylor has donated to other charities before, this is just one of them, and it’s her money to decide what to do with.
    You really can’t please everyone, even with such a grand act of kindness -___-