Selena – Sofia, Bulgaria Hit By Earthquake!

selenaclubbing4

In Sofia, Bulgaria, where Selena Gomez is now filming The Getaway, was hit by an earthquake measuring 5.8 on the Richter scale hit in early hours of Tuesday: ‘The earthquake of 5.8 on the Richter scale, occurred near Sofia, between the towns of Pernik and Radomir. There were several aftershocks shortly after.’

The epicenter was located about 30 km from Sofia and there were reportedly ‘no casualties’. When fans heard about the earthquake they thought that Selena may have been wounded in quake so they Tweeted #PRAYFORSELENA. The United States Geological Survey stated that the epicenter occurred at a depth of 9.1 km, 24 km west of Sofia.

There are fallen chimneys, collapsed walls, cracked walls and broken windows. The earthquake came a day after the earthquake in Italy, near Ferrara, which killed six people. Selena Gomez is accompanied by her mother and her team.

Im waiting for Selena to tweet today, and say “poor me, i was in an earthquake” just to make sure all the sympathy goes to her!!

lol aw man idk if I can give her anymore of my pity that Idek that I have any left since Im already so sorry for her enough for having to be Justin Bieber’s beard :\

• CASSI101FUL

I don’t get why you guys get mad if selena fans tweet that, I know that’s not right bcuz they didn’t tweeted about the ppl who died, but their fans of her its normal, I bet if it was miley you guys will do the same, so don’t even start hating,

Actually it was 7 people

• NirvanaSmells

This sucks. I mean, its okay to tweet “PRAYFORSELENA” cuz I bet no one really PRAYED PRAYED. I mean, thats height of obsession.

Don’t be. She likely gets a large compensation from the Bieber team and has plenty of time to herself. I would be surprised if Justin was unaware that his team was gratefully compensating her in return for her dedicated services.

so true

• Anonamas

ha like her life is more valuable than everyone else’s life? PRAYFORSELENA.

people are so dumb sometimes.

Yeah, people like you.

No one is saying she’s more important you fucking moron. This site is dedicated to celebs. Selena is a celeb. Thus – this qualifies as celeb news.

READING COMPREHENSION: GET SOME.

• iSpeak4mE

if you’re really that butthurt about people tweeting #PRAYFORSELENA then do something about it instead of whining -_-.

there’s also a trend for #PRAYFORBULGARIA. I hope most of you have tweeted that instead of just sitting here on a blog bashing fans who care about a particular person. They’re fans of Selena so of course they’re going to want HER to be safe. But looking at the tweets and status on FB there are A LOT of people praying for BOTH Selena and Bulgaria/Sofia.

• Marissa

I hope Selena is hurt. -.-

• iSpeak4mE

1st 5.8 earthquake isn’t a big deal. Look at Haiti, Chile or Japan with 8 ritchter scale.
    2nd Again, ‘cracked walls’ is not that big of a deal, it just comes to show that the country is not used to and not ready for a big quake.
    3rd As many of other anons stated, trending PRAYFORSELENA is disrespectful, exaggerated and stupid.

======

Just because it’s a 5.8 earthquack doesn’t mean you should just pooh-pooh it like that. It’s still an earthquack that’s caused damages and affected people in some way. Unless we’re actually there to see how little/much damages the earthquack caused we shouldn’t just blow it off like that just because it wasn’t hit as hard as Italy and the likes.

& and how exactly is #PRAYINGFORSELENA disrespectful, exaggerated, and stupid? If you knew someone was involved in an accident or natural disaster, the first person you’d think about is that person that you know, not the region or every single person involved (that thought would most likely comes second). Selena’s fans are aware that she was in Sofia at the time of the earthquack, so of course they are going to want to show her support. How the fuck is the stupid? If it were a different celebrity their fans would do the same. But if you actually look on twitter you’ll see those who are tweeting #PRAYFORSELENA aren’t just focusing on her, they also mentioning Bulgaria/Sofia.

did u guys hear selena broke up with justin?…she unfollowed him on twitter supposedly

Quit lying.

It’s stupid to pretty much assume that someone is injured and no one else is.

• {insert name here}

lol don’t get so butthurt about it. at least she and the majority of the people there are still alive. don’t get your panties in a bunch.

• rocio92

for those who told that she will make a big deal about this, this will be disappointing for you, here’s her tweet about the situation:

Thank you for all of your concerns!! Earthquake was scary but thankfully everyone is ok. Praying for Italy

such a drama queen, right? ha

For all of you who are commenting stuff like, “why couldn’t they say PRAYFORSOFIA OR PRAYFORGULGARIA” Did you yourself post a pray for that country or city??? You throw stones when you live in a glass house, shame! shame! It is normal when something happens to first think of the one person you know involved in the incident and that was the reaction of selenators, not that they don’t care for Bulgaria, so you pointing that just shows your ignorant and hate on a girl you dont even know, i tell you America has become a hateful place where pple think they can say whatever they want to whomever they want, WHAT A SHAME. I sure do hope Selena is okay as are the pple of Sofia.

I stand corrected. Thanks! :)

“In all cases, the magnitude is a base-10 logarithmic scale obtained by calculating the logarithm of the amplitude of waves measured by a seismograph. An earthquake that measures 5.0 on the Richter scale has a shaking amplitude 10 times larger and corresponds to an energy release of ?1000 ? 31.6 times greater than one that measures 4.0.”

what makes you think those comments was from someone in America? how would you know the ‘Selenators’ (which btw isn’t good fanbase name imo) care for the others in Bulgaria, I doubt it… and do you not know how to spell ‘people’!

What an unflattering photo of her.
    I bet she’ll make a big deal of that quake when it wasn’t.
    She’ll come back to the USA as a hero… as a survivor.

bahaha you’d like her to come back as a “survivor” just so you can talk about how fake and annoying she is.

I bet she’ll make a big deal of that quake when it wasn’t.
    She’ll come back to the USA as a hero… as a survivor.

lol her stans will praise her and I’ll be crying from laughter

she mustve walked under a bunch of ladders…earthquakes follow her wherever she goes! she must have bad luck

NO its because she has such an impact everywhere she goes, earthquakes folllow her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!selena i love you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

ha so i can hardly believe that people think Selena copies Miley all the time…look at this

Selena in the yellow dress and braid hairstyle in 2010:

Miley in the yellow dress and braid hairstyle in 2011:

they have the same hairstyle and style of dress and color of dress!

Honestly, I think they are good friends but refuse to sell out their friendship or have people go uselessly crazy over them. A Miley/Selena friendship would practically give people a stroke. Or their YouTube videos backfired so now they are permanently keeping their friendship on the DL. I doubt they want that hoopla so they keep it real. It’s usually only friends that have such similar style.

What the fuck does this have anything to do with Miley? You must be dumber than ex president George W. Bush! Good Lord!
    Please do yourself a favor by taking your hand, raising it beside your cheek a couple of inches away and then give yourself a good hard slap across your face which can knock some senses into you. Thanks.

LMAOOOOOOO!
    I’m laughing so hard rn I cannot even

Come on! I live in Bulgaria.
    The earthquake was strong, happened at 3AM, woke up everyone. However, no one was injured, just a little stress.
    As far as I know, Selena is having a good time in Sofia, so please come down- relax!
    :-)

• MileyLoveYou

#PRAYFORSELENA Really?Six people here in Italy are died and they only care about Selena?stupid fans, I hope nobody died in Bulgaria

• threelittlebirds

i wouldn’t care how big or little the earthquake is, i would be scared as hell.

• SubwayToVenus

Actually I think it is fucking stupid and retarded to tweet PRAYFORSELENA instead of PrayForBulgaria what about all the people who could’ve been hurt? Why pray for selena? some people died.
    Ugh.
    However, I’m glad she’s okay.

• rocio92

SubwayToVenus said:
    Ugh.
    However, I’m glad she’s okay.
    ———————————-

I think is overreacted too, more than a half of the people who tweet all these things like prayforthis doesn’t even pray, last time I checked God hadn’t twitter to see the TT.

I love Selena but this kind of hashtag are ridiculous. she won’t be safe because you made stupid TT

• SubwayToVenus

is that girl giving harry her number? lol

Yes, lmfao.
    *Gives her a standing ovation*

• SubwayToVenus

———————————

This.

Really? If Selena wasn’t there noone would give a shit about the earthquake!!

Girl, get a life. We are talking about an earthquake

• BrokenArrow

ikr

wow, some of u a heartless ! I’m pretty sure if one of ur idols were caught in a natural disaster, u’d be worry too! There’s nothing wrong with a fanbase showing concern about their idol’s safety! GOSH, I really don’t understand why this girl gets so much unnecessary hate! She’s done nothing but followed her dreams and kepts a good head on her shoulders! Majority of u talking shit are probably bieber fans

• BrokenArrow

Earthquakes are horrible

I am Bulgarian and I live there so I don’t appreciate this. What about everyone else in Bulgaria? Why just Selena? Ugh. For all of you who said that there are no earthquakes in Bulgaria that is not true. Bulgaria is an earthquake prone zone in the Balkans. That is why there were almost no damages, because Bulgaria is so prepared. 5.8 is a big deal in Bulgaria and is a big earthquake so would you all shut up?

I BET YALL THEY DIDN’T EVEN PRAY XD

• askashley

I can honestly understand the ones who are saying a certain scale of an earthquake is not that big. If u come from a state/country that is used to earth quakes, then. it’s not that big of a deal for u. I would know. I remember when people kept sweating about that Category 2 Hurricane that hit New York a year ago. I was laughing at how serious people took the thing and horrified they were. With me being from New Orleans and all, a two is just another rainy day here. Nothing too special. But then again, New Orleans is used to Hurricanes, so naturally, we would know when to panic and when not to . But with earth quakes, I don’t care what the scale number is. Because I am not used to them and have never experienced one, I would panic if I were standing in an area and the ground just started suddenly moving. But in States like Cali, people don’t take earthquakes too seriously because it’s not a random thing there. Once it’s over, people just go out their business like it never happened.

wow..

I remember she visited Japan in 2011 and after that Japan had that big earthquake…

ha like her life is more valuable than everyone else’s life? PRAYFORSELENA.

people are so dumb sometimes.

Plus it’s like, ummm, why do you think SELENA is wounded? What in the world makes you jump to that conclusion?!

ha like her life is more valuable than everyone else’s life? PRAYFORSELENA.

people are so dumb sometimes.

LMAO!

seriously, they couldn’t have said #PRAYFORSOFIA
    or something??

• From Epicenter -Sofia

Yes, some people are very dumb

Earthquakes double in intensity with each number. 8 is twice the power of a 7, which is twice the power of a 6, etc.

This isn’t a severe earthquake. Glad everyone’s okay though.

• CaraStan

actually, 8 is 10 times the power of 7 and so on. It’s on a log scale!

i can’t wait till her funny or die video tomorrow. like i literally am peeing in my pantsl. 50 shades of grey!?

she most definitely give blow jobs.

really? PRAYFORSELENA?
    how about PRAYFORBULGARIA?!
    -__-

Really? If Selena wasn’t there noone would give a shit about the earthquake!!

lol so true
    I honestly don’t care if she was there or not cause I’m not really a fan but earthquakes are just awful no matter where it is and who is there