Cheryl Cole ‘Time To Forgive Chris Brown’

Chris Brown brutally beat his ex-girlfriend just three years, but X-Factor UK judge Cheryl Cole told In:Demand With Alex that he should be forgiven: ‘I think it’s really kind of Rihanna [to forgive Brown]. She’s come out and publicly forgiven him, really. I think it’s about time we all [forgave Brown], if I’m completely honest, if you want my opinion .I think it’s time we all moved on. That guy is talented as hell.’

Rihanna recently stopped following him on Twitter, but they have been seeing each other the past year, and in February they released two new songs they recorded together. Chris was also recently accused of lip syncing at the Billboard Music Awards. Do YOU think it’s time for Chris to be forgiven for bashing his woman in the face over and over again?

I think it’s about time people moved on. Comparing him to guys that killed girls is a little over the top. Yeah, he hurt her but she’s moved on. Why can’t we?

I WILL FOREVER LOVE AND SUPPORT CHRIS BREEZY BABY :) #1LOVE

So in other words, we are…overestimating abuse of women? Unless this beating was a publicity stunt gone wrong and she wasn’t really beaten and people are trying to get Chris’s good image back without ever admitting it was a publicity stunt, I don’t see why anyone should be forgiving him ever. If I ever want some of his music, I’m not paying for it. I doubt I’ll want it, anyway.

Forgiving? No.
    Never.

she stopped following him because of chris’ new song the one that talks about his ex girlfriend that’s a hoe sleeping around. Rihanna assumed it was about her, yet Chris never mentioned any names. lol

I think I heard about this song..
    If you’re still here, What’s the title of the song????

I think people have taken this too far. With all the bashing he gets daily, you’d think he was a serial killer, rapist or a child molester.

• EarthChild

He’s not ever going to be forgiven by everyone, but by being invited to perform on award shows and still doing relatively well in the industry, he’s been forgiven. I don’t know what some people want, for people to forget it ever happened? Of course they aren’t going to. I don’t like Rihanna, but I don’t think he should have hit her that night. At the same time, she should not have collaborated with him because that could have sent the wrong message to her fans. Like I said before, 20 years from now, this is what people will know him for before knowing him for his music. That is purely his fault.

With some here not wanting or liking his music.. Rihanna’s music is just as bad or worse than Chris Brown’s..

I think I heard about this song..
    If you’re still here, What’s the title of the song????

who cares if he lip synced, boy does dancing songs you expect him to dance and sing at the same time ? I wanna see you do that >.>

• barbiescunt

No. That’s not what anyone said nor does that statement makes sense. But what you are doing is taking a situation that happened and making it 10x worse. Chris has beaten her one time, not many times. Her didn’t kill her and is not beating his current girlfriend. To compare him to men who beat women for shits and giggles is making Rihanna even more of a victim than she already is. I don’t like his music, I don’t care if he fell off of the face of the earth. All anyone’s saying is there’s a difference between a guy who fucked up once and a guy who completely disregards women in general. The public needs to move on. I’m not saying it shouldn’t follow him for the rest of his life but he should be able to have a proper interview without the situation coming up constantly. We all fuck up and I’m sure we’ve all (or the majority of us) have hit someone in our life time. We’re not being reprimanded for the rest of my life, so why should he?

• UKnowULuvMe

So if he weren’t talented it would then be okay to not forgive him? I DO believe in second chances but he has NEVER shown one ounce of REAL regret for what he did. I USED to be one of those people who thought he should be forgiven until his violent GMA outburst…he can go “you know what” himself. He still hasn’t dealt with his issues and until then my feelings won’t change.

I kinda think Riri used the assault to help sell her music like in the songs: the collab with Eminem Love The Way You Lie, Rude Boy, S&M, We Found Love (the guy in the music video resembles Chris) etc.

I’ll forgive him when it actually seems like he’s changed and learned from his mistakes. Everytime you hear about him he’s stormed out of an interview or threw a chair through a window. It would be one thing for him to have changed but he hasn’t, he just gets mad when people bring it up but you know what that’s his own fault.

I think I heard about this song..
    If you’re still here, What’s the title of the song????

Thanks :)

Listening to the song thats about RiRi man I don’t like when I hear a thousand swear words in a song -.-
    I cuss too but I don’t want to hear it over 100 times in less than 2 minutes
    but yeah I find this Rihanna shade funny lololol

• Taylor

RIHANNA was the victim and she’s clearly moved on. So why can’t everyone else? It’s times when he wins awards that makes me so upset because people can’t give him those few minutes to shine and look past what happened. The past has nothing to do with how talented he is, at all. And I think the people that still make jokes about it and are still on what happened THREE years ago are ignorant and immature. It’s way passed time to forgive him. We all make mistakes. Maybe some of you don’t know, but the way he grew up also put in his mind that what he did was okay to do. He saw how much his mom got hurt from being beaten, but it was still put in his mind that it was okay to do. The way we’re raised and what we grow up around has an effect on all of us. He’s changed, he learned his lesson and he’s grown up. So why can’t everyone else? He can’t even do a freakin’ 60 minute interview or win a DESERVED award without people attacking him. It’s ridiculous. Even if you’re not a fan, I suggest you listen to “How I Feel” by him, and I mean really listen. Makes me cry every single time. Stop attacking him, move on, he deserves a second chance too. Rihanna clearly gave him one, along with her family. So just stop. I’ll forever be Team Breezy and I will forever stan for Chrianna <3

• ForgiveandMoveon

Anonymous said: Forgiving? No. Never.

How about someone never forgiving you for something you did. How would that make you feel? Like nothing you do would ever be good again?I bet you’d hate it.

• UKnowULuvMe

Taylor said:
    RIHANNA was the victim and she’s clearly moved on. So why can’t everyone else?
    Cuz he hasn’t shown he’s worth forgiving. Rihanna needs to move on for HERSELF, for her own personal healing, the public (or Rihanna for that matter) doesn’t owe him shit. He’s shown no real remorse of desire to change.

rihanna is a hoe

• kyansgirl45

Alright. Let’s forgive murders and child molesters if they have musical talent too! I mean, who cares if they just killed a few people or hurt/touched a few children. They’re very talented singers and shouldn’t be judged on past mistakes.

Forgiving chris brown is just as stupid as what I said above. Just at a slightly less degree.

first of all people don’t beat their spouses or offspring for shits and giggles they do it because they are angry. and just because he did it ONCE does not make it all right, especially if u have seen the pictures of rihannas face. he didn’t just lose control and slap her once, he slammed her face against a car window. and he has given plenty of interviews with out the incident coming up. she may have forgiven him but why should the public forgive him too. the public isn’t asked to forgive other people who have beaten their girlfriends etc. he didn’t just fuck up he really fucked up

• UKnowULuvMe

kyansgirl45 said:

IA. I would forgive him if he showed that he was getting treatment for his issues and was truly apologetic for what he did, but he hasn’t so fuck him and everyone else who disagrees with me.

As much as I am for forgiveness I was waiting for Chris to say something like ‘I’m really sorry please forgive me. I didn’t mean to hurt Rhianna.’ I don’t know what kind of apology he game but I guess myself and the world wanted more.

• kyansgirl45

Think about it this way. If a guy beat and hurt you as bad as riannah did, would you forgive him? Would you let a guy who thought you could of trusted get away clean after what he did because everyone makes mistakes and it was a few years ago? People don’t always change in a few years.

Guess it’s not my place to judge … I can only imagine.

• UKnowULuvMe

I didn’t want an apology from him. I wasn’t his victim. I just wanted him to show that he understood the gravity of his actions. I thought he should work Domestic violence center or something to show he GENUINELY gave a fuck about what he did. I don’t need disingenuous, public apologies that he gave.

• kyansgirl45

Thank you! Anyone can put on a front to win people over. Everyone does it. But until you truly know they got help for their issues, don’t be so light hearted.

• @chrisbrovvm

yes its time … us teambreezy are really so sad to see some ppl insult him for the past … he learnt a lot of about his past.. now he’s trying to do some new thing and he share all his love on stage with his songs… get respect for him .. stop judge him please – thanks TeamBreezy

• kristin6410

If we all just say its been awile forgive he will think its ok and most likly do it again. And there is a high chance he will do it again consering his angry outburst, attack rhianna, and his childhood. He shall not be forgiven

RIHANNA BEGGUED FOR HIM TO BEAT HER. SHE’S SICK, SHE LIKES IT, SHE HAS ALREADY STATED THIS. HE’S INNOCENT.

Chris Brown – Theraflu

If it was a random person and you were told this man beat this woman,would you forget it?OMG how are people so blinded by celebs.

The difference is: Rihanna left. Many girls won’t leave. If she had stayed, we would have seen more bruising.

• EarthChild

EarthChild said: Chris Brown is entertainment over talent. Yes he has a good voice and dance, but I hardly see him being someone we will remember for his music 20 years from now. We’ll probably remember him more for beating Rihanna.

Yep because people will never forget what happened.

she made her a hypocrite

SubwayToVenus said: Besides, she’s being a hypocrite, LET’S ALL FORGIVE CHRIS BROWN, he’s talented, yes, and what about violent men who beat their wives sometimes til they kill them? Ugh, this saddens me.

Is that really a fair comparison? Rihanna didn’t almost die.

• SubwayToVenus

Ugh, this saddens me.

srry i mean he made a hypocrite

While Rihanna is free to do whatever she wants and is allow to forgive Chris Brown, here’s why the rest of us shouldn’t. Chris Brown is a highly publicized figure and so was the incidence. By welcoming he back with open arms like at the Grammys, we’re basically saying what he did, did’t matter. Who care that he hit a women, THEY don’t matter.

it’s time to sing LIVE!!

“I think it’s time we all moved on. That guy is talented as hell.”
    since when did being talented give someone a reason to be forgiven. i think its sad that woman can still respect chris brown. no matter how talented he ever gets he will always be that guy who was willing to hit a woman.

“I think it’s time we all moved on. That guy is talented as hell.”
    ======
    THIS

It’s sad how misogynistic our society is. How people are so willing to defend a man who hit a woman and blame the woman who is the victim

Actions may change. Character doesn’t.

The dude doesn’t even sing live. He’s a woman beater, and I’ll never see past that.

LMAO idk why I find it funny but I do agree and think you’re right.

• SubwayToVenus

I don’t know if I would have forgiven him like Rihanna did, I think I have to be there to say this, but I sure as hell would never date him again.
    He’s violent.
    And what saddens me is that people think it’s fair to forgive him just because he’s famous, when what he did is as bad as any other man who ever beat a woman.

• EarthChild

OOPS I MEANT DANCES WELL

• barbiescunt

Everybody should read what barbiescunt said, ^ she’s saying the truth and I agree with her 100% leave the kid alone, forgive and forget.

barbiescunt said: He should be forgiven. End of story. Rihanna has forgiven him, she even dropped the charges. It’s time that the public moves on and realizes people make mistakes and often learn from them. Not every man that puts his hands on a woman once, would do it again. Whatever happened between him and Ri, is between them and not for the public to manipulate into what they think happened. Comparing him to men who beat and kill women is irrelevant because he has killed no one. Honestly, people just want to have an opinion because he’s a celebrity. If it was some man you knew and were close with, you probably would have forgiven him by now. forgive and never forget.

Couldn’t agree more!!!

Forgive and forget domestic violence.Sure why not.WTF r u serious

Rihanna loves Rude Boys and likes S&M so she likes the way it hurt!
    CHRIS IS INNOCENT!

I love the way you lie Robyn!

It’s disgusting how if you’re famous, you get a free pass to everything in life. Have you guys ever read the police report on what happen? I felt like I was gonna throw up halfway through reading it, he was literally trying to kill her.

Yes, sometimes people deserve a second chance but when has he ever shown he deserves one? When he threw a chair out the window on GMA? When he’s trying to spin the story like the media is attacking him for no reason and that he’s the victim? I don’t think he’s even sorry for what he did, sorry that he hurt his career, yeah, but is he actually sorry for what he did?

• AcidPinkLemonade

SubwayToVenus said:

He’s violent.
    ==============================
    Yeah, I don’t think I’m capable of holding a grudge against anyone but I definitely would not run back to a guy who abused me. I think that’s stupid and it’s hard for me to offer you sympathy if you do.

AcidPinkLemonade said:
    I strongly believe there is some good in everyone and regarding his home life as a child, if we’re going point fingers at someone, blame his parents for fighting in front of him. Granted, he’s capable of making his own decisions, but growing up in an abusive household has serious effects on a child and his mother should of put him in counseling if you ask me. Several of my relatives have been beaten by their significant others. I’m aware of what it did to their family but I still love that person. Forgiving makes you the bigger person. I’m not justifying what he did, but he did his time unlike others who get away with it and has to pay for this mistake for the rest of his life. Dwelling on it get us nowhere. If you think people should let it go, fine. If you don’t, that’s fine too.
    He got off with community service, I say he got away with it pretty good

the past is past, he apologized to Rihanna. #TeamBreezy <3

• Untouchable

never stopped loving chris tho js

• l?veislouder

If Rihanna wants to forgive Chris, that’s her decision. Would I make the same decision if I were in her position? No. But I’m not in her shoes, and neither is Cheryl. I don’t think anyone except Rihanna can forgive Chris, per say, because nothing was done to anyone other than Rihanna, but I think people can be extremely wary and untrusting of him, and that’s their right to. If they feel unsafe or feel he’s violent, they can feel that way.

• l?veislouder

He gave exactly that kind of apology in court. However, I think it’s bullshit. He can be sorry, but no one can cause that amount of damage and then say, “I didn’t mean to hurt her.” That’s like shooting off a gun and saying, “I didn’t expect anyone to be killed.” You knew what was happening, you just didn’t care. That’s exactly what happened with Chris Brown.

• SubwayToVenus

Yes because no one beat her.
    I don’t care about talent, he’s a violent person.

I wouldn’t forgive some man I knew.Forgiveness is necessary in life, however supporting someone who has domestically abused someone is ignorance,

• UKnowULuvMe

?veislouder said:

this

I don’t think you can just forgive someone that. What you can do, is look past it and move on. It’ll be something that has etched their personalities forever, and you can’t just say. Oh yeah, sure, you beat a woman, but I’ll forgive you. However, you can say. Yes, you’ve changed and you deserve a second unbiased chance.
    Talent is not an excuse for any form of (domestic) violence

• AcidPinkLemonade