Taylor Swift We Are Never Ever Ever Getting Back Together Single Listen!

taylorswift-red
taylor-never-1

Taylor Swift’s new album is called RED: ‘I got to work with some of my absolute favorite people in music so this is album is full of co-writers. The people that I worked with, I feel like were incredible and lived up to what I thought they were.’

Her Ed Sheeran duet which was written while they sat on a trampoline will appear on the album. ‘We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together,’ which she said is about her ex-boyfriend. Taylor said the song was born while she was in the studio with songwriters Max Martin and Johan Shellback and a friend of her ex’s, she declined to name names, walked in.

‘He starts talking about how he’s heard we were getting back together and that was not the case. When he leaves, Max and Johan are like, ‘so what’s the story behind that?’ And so I start telling them the story of break up, get back together, break up, get back together, just, ugh, the worst. Max says, ‘this is what we’re writing. We’re writing this song,’ and I picked up the guitar and just started singing, ‘we are never–’ It just happened so fast. It was so much fun.’
Watch More News Videos at ABC

2012 Presidential Election

Entertainment & Celebrity News

i feel like its about john mayer. cause him and her were together then not and then back on again. i dont know. she said her songs were going to be about her relationships from the past two years and her and joe were like 4 years ago. idk.

ADELE >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>TAYLOR

• ssexybeast

I have a strong feeling this is about Joe Jonas. Because according to the gossip mags and media it didn’t seem like Jake G wanted to get back together with her, but I do remember there being an article about Joe Jonas wanting to get back with her.

yeah and there was (I think) that grammy (?) party photo where Joe and Taylor seemed to have made some type of friendly reconciliation

Yeah but there were rumors about Joe and Taylor getting back together last year Wich Joe denied. It kinda fits with her description of people thinking her and the ex are getting back together.

Plus Joe went to two of her concerts one in LA and the other he flew to San Jose to see her.

But it could also be John, I guess. Taylor and Joe are friends so I don’t see why she would sort of shade him at this point.

• sexonfire11

I think your 100% right at this point , i don’t like Taylor music at all i just cant stand her soft voice singing about love and breakups and acting like victim ,she lives in her own world where beautiful girls live happy forever ( reminds me of the ending of Cinderella ) she doesn’t act her age and always write about the same subject over and over
    I know she won a lot of awards ,successful people love her … etc but its just my opinion
    she would be a great model because she looks sooo pretty

pretty sure joe didnt go to the LA one
    he went to san jose wtih friends and to hang out with that adrea stickel model and other people. so i think joe reaced out to her for the wrong reasons and when he went to the san jose concert he left before it ended and arrived late. like he just wanted puvbicity but thts just me and if i were taylor id be pissed too.

(replying to this) – Aug 13, 2012 @ 07:37 pm

__________

No. That article was bullshit, Joe denied that rumour in a radio interview last year: http://www.thehothits.com/news/26298/exclusive:-joe-jonas-clears-up-taylor-swift-relationship-rumours

in that same time another bullshit article said that Joe wanted back with AG and he also immediately denied in another interview (to Ryan S.)

This song is about Jake G.

I mean , it’s sounds like something a 16 year old would sing not a soon to be 23 year old !! !

i just feel like taylor played up the whole pretty blonde girl with an inncocent broken heart and a guitar. and everyone bought into her sappy sad BS. which is why she has had the poularity she has had. she is a 23 year old girl with theemotional capacity of a 16 year old hence why she is now dating an 18 year old. drop the little girl act taylor. your and adult.

Aug 13, 2012 @ 07:55 pm
    (replying to this) – Aug 13, 2012 @ 07:37 pm

__________

This song is about Jake G.

But the Taylor article was from US weekly, Taylor’s people leak stuff to them always. They leaked John Mayer and I’m pretty sure Jake. The Ashley one was 100% bs tho and from another mag.I think there was some truth to the Taylor rumors there were just a lot of things here and there. Pretty sure they were talking again.

pretty sure joe didnt go to the LA one

He actually didn’t leave, he went backstage. Lol

this is a major disappointment… what happened to her sound from ‘speak now’? that album is sooo nice. the writing is especially nice on that record, more so than the vocals actually.

have any of you ever seen her interviews? she’s a little silly, sure. but she’s by NO MEANS mentally like a 16 year old. she’s actually very wise and well spoken. it’s easy to hate and judge when you’ve never actually took the time to listen.

Speak Now was such a flawless album. I actually became a fan of Tay tay because of that album. This song is a bit disappointing like the lyrics. I was expecting better from Swifty. :(

there a lot of bullshit articles from US weekly. Gossip Cop denied it (and Joe denied it in a radio interview. He was clear in that point, they’re just friends. Joe have a cordial relationship with all his ex gfs including Camilla Belle)

• Still Anonymous

Taylor is older than me (by 3 years), but for some reason I feel older than her… This song is catchy though. She just doesn’t seem like a real 23 yr old. She reminds me of myself when I was literally 16.

she is psyco

so you hate her when she writes country songs, and you hate her when she writes silly songs too. IT’S 2012, maybe ountry music is just GONEEEE, thats why she did that! AND JUST CAUSE THIS SONG IS LIKE THAT DOESN’T MEAN THE WHOLE ALBUM IS LIKE THAT ? She said this album is about a crash-burn heartbreak and is really sad, this is just one song, DON’T JUDGE. Thats like judging Better Than Revenge before Speak Now came out, imagine if she released Better Than Revenge before Speak Now, and then when Speak Now comes out, you realize it’s a beautiful album. She has her own ways of dealing with stuff, let her be. I like this song because she actually tried something different & I appreciate that & I know the rest of RED is gonna be waaaay more beautiful than Taylor Swift, Speak Now, or Fearless. Please, please i beg you, don’t judge this album because of it’s first single.

• EpicJennifer

Disappointed. I love Taylor and all but I expected she’ll go to the “Safe and Sound” route, I hope her collaboration with Ed Sheeran will be epic. Fingers crossed. Can’t process the “WEEEEEEE” part of the song. Don’t let me down, Taylor. xoxo

LOL

Love this song <3 SOOO FUN! Story of my life <3 haha, love you girl!

this whiny little brat who gets her attention from playing the victim card all the time, I mean I love her music but i cant stand her, when I see her all I see is fake.

Taylor swift hasnt been country since her 1st album so idk why people are so shocked. her biggest single to date is You belong with me and thats not country lol i do think her songs are really catchy but this takes the cake and WTF why is she working with the giner godness! ed sheeran whyyyy

this song is about Jake, because in an interview he said he prefers indie rather than her and in the second verse she mentions a indie record. On another note, does anyone else notice she sounds AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL ?She sounds beyond fab.

it sounds very Boys like Girl esque. It’s catchy, but it’s not country at all! I don’t know how the country radio is going to even play this because there isn’t a single note of country in there.

I like it, but I would love if Taylor would throw in some country stuff too, since she is a country artist.

This sounds like something you would hear Carly Rae Jepsen. This song was totally put up just to be a top song on the radio. She hasn’t been country since she got mainstream. I’m not knocking her, whatsoever. But come on, she’s going to win a cma for this next year over someone like Miranda Lambert who is straight up country. Her first and third albums were good! This does sound like something we’ve heard from another artist before. I would love if her music matured, somewhat. It’s catchy, so it’ll be a hit.

she’s annoying

I thought the melody was good, the song is super catchy like always and I really liked the pop sound. But apart from these no one can ignore the fact that it’s the same sh*t over and over again!!! She dates someone and they break up, that’s all it takes for her to write a new song and that is just… I wonder if this girl goes through anything in life besides heartbreak. I really don’t wanna sound mean I mean heartbreaks hurt a lot but come on she’s what 23? Shouldn’t we be hearing more mature songs from her? And yet she goes through more break ups and doesn’t really let them make her grow up a little and still writes the same kind of songs she wrote when she was 15.

I really wonder what will come from this album…besides break up songs

• taylorsromeo

Wanna know what’s funny?
    All of your faves will never be as good as her.
    CAN’T HEAR Y’ALL OVER 7 GRAMMY AWARDS

You’re all stupid. Did no one hear the lyrics ‘I used to say NEVER SAY NEVER’… ahem… I choked on my chocolate milk

Is she taking a direct bash to Justin Bieber or is it just me?

COULD this song be about HIM!? O.O

Taylor swift teen award video.

• Number1AlyandAJFan

i seriously dont understand why people complain about taylor only writing songs about love and breakups? THATS WHAT EVERYONE FUCKING WRITES ABOUT!!!! Everyone bashes their exes! What the hell music are you listening to where they arent talking about their exes?
    what do you want her to write a song about her cat? No, she’s obviously going to write a song about the things she goes through.

Complain all you want but she’s number 1 on itunes right now, bitches.

Dia Frampton’s album that was released in December 2011 was also called Red.
    Sad that Taylor’s will majorly outsell it :/

• beautiful sunglasses

particularly purchased however paisley plus geometric models beautiful sunglasses possess very created the recognise

Taylor Swift is basically like Hannah Montana

oh lordd…. GTFo and stay at popoverdose or atrl -_-

the lyrics goes like this though:

“I’m really gonna miss you picking fights
    And me
    Falling for it screaming that I’m right
    And you
    Would hide away and find your piece of mind
    With some
    Indie record that’s so much cooler than mine”

Doesn’t Joe has an indie record? lol and Jake G doesn’t sing… right?

Is she taking a direct bash to Justin Bieber or is it just me?

COULD this song be about HIM!? O.O

yeah… i heard that part too. So you’re telling me… Bieber used to date Taylor? ;D

No I don’t think it’s about him, lol.

I like her music, but I never understood the 7 grammy’s and all the other amazing awards. I mean she’s good but she has never been great..

If you tell other people to grow up but type you are an idiot as ‘your and adult’ that’s usually a sign that you need to grow up yourself.

ALSO SUCK THIS HATERS

so
    does the song title has 2 “Evers” or 1 ?

so
    does the song title has 2 “Evers” or 1 ?

only one.

Why is people always complaining about how she only writes about love ans breakups? That’s Taylor Swift, if you don’t like her music, don’t listen to her! She likes to write about that, so leave her alone! I’m sure there are more mature songs in the new album that this one. She always wirtes one song that is more immature like Better Than Revenge and it’s not a crime to be immature sometimes, to have fun, being young again! So what, It’s like me, you spend all year studying, being responsible and when you have some time, you put one of those “immature” taylor’s song and sing it in your room while you jump and do stupid things and that’s just fine.

• BrokenArrow

I think her music is stagnant. Like people who buys her music feel related to her songs, so they want to hear this type of break-up or love songs..

• Max

Why are you guys complaining about this song? Of course we all can relate to this song. When her full album comes out, maybe you have a change of heart. I know this song sounds different from her other songs but that is what Taylor is going for.

• AcidPinkLemonade

Number1AlyandAJFan said:

Complain all you want but she’s number 1 on itunes right now, bitches
    =================================
    That’s true, for example Adele’s 21 album was about her ex but you can’t compare her to Taylor. Taylor has albums full of the same music and some people find it annoying. As an artist, you’re supposed to evolve. Her music really isn’t country anymore and the way she handles relationships/breakups is very immature. She’s stuck in a fantasy world, maybe that’s why they don’t last. People have opinions and are allowed to state them whether she’s successful or not.
    I’m 15 and while I like some of her songs, this act is getting old. It’s like as soon as she sets her eyes on guy, she instantly falls in love, they breakup, and she trashes him to the point where his reputation is ruined.

I love you.
    finally someone who understands that it is a good thing to act immature every now and then. only immature people are ashamed to act immature. taylor usually acts really grown up whenever you see an interview.

When is she going to write a song about Zac Efron? I understand she had lunch with him when they worked on The Lorax. That makes him an ex BF, right.

**************
    We had lunch
    and you smiled at me.
    That’s when I knew
    it was meant to be.
    I taught you to play a song
    on my favorite guitar.
    That’s when I knew
    we’d crossed the bar…
    To love, love, love.
    To love, love, love.
    But those music lessons
    were all in vain.
    Because you left me
    And never came back again.
    Now my heart is broken
    And I hate you a lot
    You were my “almost” boyfriend.
    That’s all I got.
    So now I hate, hate, hate you
    Hate, hate, hate you.

People of the Bieber generation don’t seem to know that “never say never” is not a phrase coined by him… it’s a saying… like a thing people have been saying for a realllllly long time.

This. bahahaha I genuinely could imagine this being a Taylor song… and I am a huge Taylor Swift fan.

Umm…you are brilliant.

How do you know what I was going to type? I meant to write you are an adult and my phone auto corrected in to and instead of an. How does a fucking grammatical error cross over into me needing to grow up? YOU ARE AN IDIOT :)

F*ck my life; I started following the Disney crowd in 2008, now I know they all suck talent wise. Just commercials; vacuous talent. I want new role models besides Miley, Selena, Taylor and the Jonas Bros, and most of all Bieber and Hemsworth! What’s that chick’s name in Hunger Games, she seems kool, and Kristen Stewart, oh, never mind! I think I’ll go back to watching cartoons.

It’s such a typical Taylor Swift song. Bashing on an ex-boyfriend of hers, with catchy lyrics. Maybe the lyrics are ‘too catchy’, but, it’s just one song, and there’s a whole album ahead.

It’s not the best Taylor Swift song ever, but it’s not worst either. It’s really nice, and the tone is different, but it’s still same ole’ Taylor Swift.

I strongly believe it’s about Joe Jonas, because:
    A) “With some indie record that’s so much cooler than mine” Jonas Records.
    B) “We hadn’t seen each other in a month when you said you needed space” Meanwhile, Joe was cheating on her with Camilla.
    I don’t know! It’s so Joe-esque.
    John Mayer is signed to Columbia, and Jake Gyllenhaal is an actor. Sooooo.

I’m a HUGE Taylor fan. Have been since her first album came out, but this song is just… not good. It’s seriously like a debut poppy song for a young teenager.. I really, really, really hope the rest of the album isn’t like this. I love Taylor to death though, I don’t think she’s “boring” or a “whiny brat.” It’s definitely a catchy song, but sounds like it comes from a 14 year-old, not a soon to be 23 year-old.

Not liking the song and personally I’m sick of Taylor druging up her old boyfriends. It’s not about Joe Jonas, though I’m sure his name will get dragged through the media again because he dated the girl for 2 months over four years ago.

Time to move on Taylor, and make sure your music moves on with you. This sounds and feels cliche and not worthy of your talents.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!! That’s actually really good.

Her song getting #1 so fast only proves her fans will buy any of her music even if its crap.

• Annabelle

couldn’t she just lie and say she was inspired by a friend or a fan and not deal with all the specualtion/and media caused by title “NEVER EVER getting back together”?? I would do that, just for privacy reasons.

even if you are 11+, you’d know that phrase is old af. the only way to think he invented it is if you are 3 years old and were born when he got famous and started saying never say never everywhere.

but yeah its true that not a justin bieber reference

• SK_AKA_Don

can not wait for ed sheeran and taylor swift duet. They are both amazing. Hope ed is feated in the music video. Ed sheeran small bumps is really amazing the meaning is great but taylor only sings about love it does get abit boring. :(

LOL you dumb people! You guys have been bashing her since her & Joe’s breakup. You guys are always like she’s immature and shit like that. Tell me something, do you see her being affected by this ? NO. She’s never gonna change & you guys telling her to change is just stupid. It’s not affecting her so why are you asses wasting your time commenting about it ? It’s not she’s gonna be “oh they hate me, maybe I’ll write songs like Adele! Or write deadly emo songs hmmm…maybe they’ll like me” LOL she doesn’t give a shit, so why do you ? Stfu.

• AndyM

I really don’t understand why is everyone so surprised of Taylor writing another breakup song, that has always been her style, for that kind of complaints you have already had more than 5 years of Taylor Swift music all around the world.
    I REALLY AM a HUGE Taylor fan and have been for at least 5 years, but I am really disappointed with this song, not because of it being a breakup song, but because of the poor lyrics as well as lack of real instruments in the song, not computerized. I know artists once in a while like to change a bit, but I loved Taylor for being original, she first started out as a country singer… as time went by she turned into a pop-country music and it was still great, but what is this?! She is recognized worldwide for her amazing ability for writing beautiful song lyrics and being a great musician. She had her own and unique style for which she was really admired and recognized. This song IS catchy, but Taylor Swift songs aren’t supposed to be catchy, they are usually great songs to which all girls can relate to.
    Change is constant and it’s good, but this kind of change makes her look like an immature 15 year old with no real talent, and that’s definitely not Taylor. Taylor Swift is an amazing girl which loves cats and Christmas, loves sparkles and loves the idea of love, writes about breakups and falling in love, but writes about it in the most sophisticated and beautiful way there is and i believe this song does not show how utterly talented she is.
    I love her and support her, and always will, but I just really wish the rest of the album is not this way. I am far from being a hater, but I’m being realistic, the people that are saying this song is great are not really realizing it is the amazing Taylor Swift singing, they are just letting themselves get dragged away by a song full of marketing.
    And I think I am talking in the name of most of Taylor’s real fans, with our fingers crossed waiting for Red to go out and listen to our role model sing beautiful and greatly written and made songs.
    “It you are lucky enough to be different, don’t ever change” – Taylor Swift

its ok, its just not country AT ALL. not one hint. i want to hear the ed sheeran duet.

the bieber generation? he’s been famous just for 3 years.

Meaning the generation of kids who like Justin Bieber…. age range 11 to 19 give or take a few years…

You would be hard pressed to find someone in their 30s who likes Justin Bieber and who would even think of Never Say Never in connection with Justin Bieber, so the “Justin Bieber” generation is the generation that would link those lyrics to Justin Bieber aka younger people. Granted, Taylor Swift is younger too but basically what I was trying to say is… I doubt it is a Justin Bieber reference

• Anonymous9

I completely agree. I loved how she wrote the entirety of Speak Now by herself and the songs really did feel like they were pages from her diary. Absolutely gorgeous work and beautiful songs. This song really does feel like a step back for her. It’s definitely catchy and fun, but It sounds too much like a song that Selena Gomez or Carly Rae would sing. There is absolutely nothing country about it, and almost nothing Taylor about it. She’s always had her own unique sound and style, and I feel that this song strays away from it. I may eat my own words later when I hear the rest of the album (at least I hope so) but I don’t think this is a good direction for her. You don’t want to sound so different that your fans can’t recognize you when it plays on the radio. I remember how excited I was when “Mine” premiered. Because it was definitely everything I loved about Taylor but it sounded like she grew up a little more. I was hoping for this album to have that same kind of transition. The cover for the album is very pretty, but even that doesn’t make her come across as the same enchanting, feminine, curly-haired county girl we all fell in love with. Here’s to hoping it’s still a great album, but I really hope she doesn’t try to change her image too dramatically. It won’t work.

Thats a really good way to put it, especially the HM episode part haha I completely agree with you!

So disappointed with this song… What was Taylor thinking? Speak Now was an incredible album with some really beautifully written songs. This sounds like it was made for an episode of Hannah Montana or something. Her music should be evolving not going backwards. It’s sad how something she wrote at sixteen like Tim Mcgraw is better than something written at 22. I was really expecting something like Adele’s 21. Not this junk. I’m one of Taylor’s biggest fans and I’m really disappointed by the lack of good lyrics in this song and the corny dated melody. I’m really hoping the rest of RED won’t be this awful. This song sounds like she just wanted a Top 100 songs, and I never took Taylor as one to care about charting. Urgh. I don’t even care if it’s about a breakup like what else is she suppose to write about? War? Sex? Parties? Being famous? Uh, no the topic doesn’t bother me it’s the crappy lyrics that do. I’m really trying to like this, but it’s extremely hard. I really hope this is just one bad track on the record and that the rest will be flawless, but if this is any indiction or how the record will sound. I’m not buying it nor will I be seeing her on tour. She’s not a Carly Rae Jepson!

people admire miley for “not giving a shit what people say” and “being herself” but keep telling taylor to grow up because she is a bit chidlike (in some aspects, because she’s very professional) she can do whatever she wants

OMG, she still singing about this shit. Fucking move on already.

• nownlaterz

Remember when she sang country music? Yeah me too.

fun song. i bought it on itunes. can’t stop playing it. taylor continues to rip off chapters off of my diary LOL

I think what people don’t understand is that even Taylor Swift doesn’t have to be fucking *****inspirational***** all the time
    she is allowed to have fun and just dance around and sing a popish song.
    She has been doing country music for SIX YEARS she is not going to stay the same forever. So fucking calm your tits.
    Also i am sure there will be Taylor-like songs on her album. She wants to promote her album now and radios play songs like this.

Taylor and her whining have returned.

• ssexybeast

wow just heard this on the radio and wondered if it was her.It sounded like it but this is not a country sounding song by any means lol

taylor is a great model but borrring singer plz taylor goo away

she has issues…

• ssexybeast

Yeah I feel her music is de-evolving too, anony. And this song reminds me of Joe Jonas

i feel like all joe was trying to do with taylor was get publicity fr his album. that probabbly pissed taylor off. but i dont think he ever truly wanted to back “together” with her which probably caused her to maybe write this about him. but taylor is over the top and dramatic so wouldnt expect anything less than his poorly written 12 yr old song about him LOL. -____-

• ssexybeast

I used to have such a crush on Joe. lol. He seems kind of mean though,but I guess you can’t expect much from celebs. ( again, with the exception of Tim Tebow lol)

but then again ” Just in love with you” came out later last year which was about Taylor Swift and so were many other songs on Joe’s album. So she may thought it was his way of apologizing.

she didn’t say this album was a country album, get over it

bad song its so fucking bad

I think Taylor has been hanging out with Selena Gomez too much. I love you like a love song much lol

_______
    she should always sound amazing lol i mean she won a grammy for her vocals

I dunno, i think i started to notice her vocals more after Safe & Sound. :D

I think there are some clues in the song & her interview as to who it’s about. I don’t think John Mayer was ever in love with her or would say “I used to love you” that’s the thing that’s throwing me off of him. I think Joe makes sense if you believe when he was going to her concerts that it wasn’t just for publicity and maybe they were trying to make a go of it again. She does say forever ever which could be a reference to forever & always. He’s only boyfriend that’s been public that I can think of but we know there’s other guys she dated that were never really publicized. The one I haven’t figured out yet is the Never Say Never part. Justin Bieber reference??

I feel like Taylor is making a crappy album on purpose. I mean you cant go from Sparks fly to speak now to this crap. I think she is making a horrible album on purpose and then come out with a great one so people can say shes the best and shes on top again etc

__________
    Or maybe joe is actually a nice guy. Almost everyone of his famous exes he talks to or is friends with, ashley greene, the aj from aly&aj, demi, etc lol cmon

Why did that article make it seem like Taylor writing about:

a)One of her ex-boyfriends
    b)A breakup

Is something new? The song is pretty catchy though.

Now am done with country stars… -joe yup shes done bieng country

I love Taylor to pieces, and I actually kind of like the song, it’ll probably have to grow on me, but I think that it’s okay. I’m not gonna pass judgement on the whole album until I hear it, but I’ll be honest, in the live chat today, when she said the song was called “we are never ever getting back together”, I thought that she was kidding…..

I’m 2 and a half years younger then her, yet I feel 2 and a half years older then her. She just seems SOOOO immature. I mean she tweets pics of her dressed up like a fairy with her girlfriends. That isn’t exactly what most 23 year olds do.

And now she’s dating an 18 year old. WTF? And on top of that this young that sounds like something Miley would have sang when she was 15. Sorry but I just don’t understand why people like her, I really don’t.

I don’t remember who posted it, but I have to agree with them. This is ONE song, not the entire album. I think the album will e amazing and will sell amazingly. And to those saying her sounds changed, obviously. Almost every artist has changed their sound at one point in time. And whoever said “you belong with me” was not a country song, explain to me why it was and still is played on country radio.:

I don’t think it’s about Joe. His music is not indie at all and neither is Jonas Brother’s music. Also, she makes it sound in the song like the first break up was her idea. Either way, when she says “with an indie record that’s much cooler than mine,” I think she means the guy listens to indie music, not he sings indie music.