Demi Lovato ‘I’m Bringing Real Music Back’

Demi Lovato told Yahoo! ‘It’s crazy. I never ever thought that I would go blond, but I’m having fun with it.” As for the bangs, I just feel like myself again. It reminds me of being 15 again , when I was doing ‘Camp Rock.’ I don’t know how long I’ll keep them, but for the meantime it just makes me feel like myself.’

On Simon Cowell: ‘I love messing with him. He’s really funny and I have a lot of fun working with him. But someone has to put him in his place. I mean, you can’t come to the United States from England and make fun of all of us! I have to stand up for my country.’

On Mean Stinks: ‘I’ve talked a lot about my past experiences. Most of my issues stemmed from the trauma of being bullied when I was 12 years old. I’ve also known people who have taken their lives because of bullying. It’s something I never want to see happen again. So if I can put an end to it, I’m going to do anything I can to stop it.’

Psty of the campaign involves girls painting their pinky nails blue in a sort of pinky swear promise to end bullying. On celebrity nail art trend: ‘I used to be obsessed, I’d have a cupcake on one finger and leopard on the other. These days I’m a pretty simple girl when it comes to nails. I either wear clear polish, black or dark red, that’s it.’ We won’t see her next album cover painted on her index finger? ‘I leave that to Katy Perry.’

On her new album: ‘ I’m bringing the sound of real music back. I think Adele does a great job, they are catchy pop songs, but it’s real music and there are instruments. I want to bring a lot of that back. There’s going to be some fun, light-hearted songs with kind of a throwback sound. But I say one thing and then I spend like a month in the studio and it ends up being totally different, so I don’t know.’

How does shefind time to balance all her projects with maintaining a healthy lifestyle post-treatment? ‘I make time. I’m a really dedicated person. And I know that if I work really, really hard now, I can get to the place that I want to be in my career so that maybe in a couple years, or whenever I make it to that level, I can take a break.’ What would she do? ‘Travel the world. Spend a ton of time with my family. Maybe start a family. Years and years down the road.’

Lauryn Hill did that song like a BOSS.

Trauma my ass. Yeah, being bullied sucks and can be traumatizing. But until you’ve spent the last 8 years having nightmares about almost being murdered by one of your siblings and having attempted suicide a week after that while your parents did shit about them is trauma. I’m not saying she doesn’t have any. But so many people have gone through worse than her. I hate that being in rehab and being bullied is all she talks about. She should focus on the story of others and not her own because it got really freaking annoying after about a year.

yeah but she’s a role model, if she speaks about what she’s been through and her problems, people will too…It’s really really diffucult to talk about own problems, so knowing that your own idol can do it, helps a lot…

Yes, but that “mainstream crap” may be somebodies art; their way of expressing their soul. Computerized media is no less “real.” It’s like saying artwork done on the computer isn’t art because it’s not using the old school mediums. I do prefer the old school mediums in both art & music, but that’s preference not “truth.”

Real music isn’t a specific genre or sounds. It’s the intention and soul behind it. If it’s for solely for money or popularity- it’s not”real.” Real just refers to truth in music. And that is just the heart of all art, really.

This. All of this.
    People say “rock & roll is real music” or whatever.
    No. It’s the soul.

Rock n roll is 100% soul,soo shut the fuck up! rock n roll ftw –‘

This. All of this.
    People say “rock & roll is real music” or whatever.
    No. It’s the soul.

• SlimShady

IA. I’ve always preferred Indie and Folk to Mainstream Pop. It just niggles me when all people can sing about is love and bubblegum.

• exoticmist

I’m excited to see what her next album is like. I hope she makes more singer-songwriter type songs with some powerful ballads.

• classicalmusicplayer

She’s so cute with her glasses!

Ugh. Poor Demi, real music is Bob Dylan, Kurt Cobain, Aretha Franklin. Real music is not telling a boy to come here so you can sexually molest him.
    A lot of great old artists sang about sex. But I get your point.

I don’t know about real music or not, all I know is Melanie Martinez better win the The Voice. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4CI6HUx7Qc or trevin

What ever happened to Mitchel Musso?

I’m pretty sure by “real music” she’s referring to non mainstream crap. Music with actual instruments as opposed to a computer and back beats and no autotune (as if she needed that or used that anyway because her voice kind of slays you might as well admit at least that) I think that it sounds promising and maybe she wrote more of the songs herself. I agree it’s a bit annoying how her problems keep becoming the subject of what she talks about but i guess you have to keep in mind some people need to hear it.

• xAskTaylorx

It seems that she is “bringing real music back”? Wow. Really? I know a lot of great musicians that you are insulting Demetra! < <<< Don't nag on the name spelling. XD

I love a little bit of everything. I like music to cover all aspects of life & I like to hear it in different styles, from different voices. I listen to music in other languages too. The world is as big or small as we make it.

Hoe please.

• AcidPinkLemonade

Can she not?

She’s amazing <3
    I knew Christina wouldn’t like a Britney song tho xD

Agreed. And if you are the person who you are refering to, you must know you’re an incredibly strong and brave human being :)

• sexonfire11

OH Demi I love you but almost all of the singers who sang real music died or not working anymore

With Autotune ,male singers appearing with naked models and female singers wearing nothing we will never be able to bring the real music back again

‘I’m bringing the sound of real music back’

• SubwayToVenus

Is she serious?

• sexonfire11
  • Dbzchic

This. All of this.
    People say “rock & roll is real music” or whatever.
    No. It’s the soul.

Rock n roll is 100% soul,soo shut the fuck up! rock n roll ftw –‘

I agree with all 3 of you. But you can’t just say a certain type of music is “real music”. The way I have heard it, the only difference in rock and roll and rap is that one uses more electric guitar and drums, while the other uses beats and fast rhyming. They both talk about sex, drugs, and money. So people who say they love rock n roll and hate rap because of the sex and drugs is a bit hypocritical. I love all types of music, and hate certain songs that talk about useless things, but that’s in all genres.

I don’t know but this is kinda hypocrite of her to say this..

I think it would sound better if Miley said this though. I mean covering amazing songs by real singers and giving justice to it is a way of bringing real music back

Fat nasty ugly pathetic wannabe whore

I liked Demi’s cover of Natural Woman by Aretha Franklin. That was around the time I became a fan of Demi’s. I loved her second album HWGA.

I think this is another diss to Miley! She must have heard Miley’s new songs. Poor girl.

• SlimShady

If you’re referring to Decisions or Morning sun those are old and only featuring Miley. And btw with her backyard sessions Miley’s been covering amazing, real artists, so Demi can continue being a narcisistic child.

real music is = soul,jazz and rock n roll

demi lovato isn’t this ^

Pop can be meaningful too. But Demi Lovato isn’t that neither. I’m just defending the pop music genre: a lot of great performers can make real pop music. It’s a shame superficial acts like Justin Bieber and Jennifer Lopez are ruining that :(

Miley Christ doesn’t care about the haters!!! She has compasion to that poor little thing called Demi Lovato. *bless!!!*

NILEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

• SlimShady

• steve434

I in simple terms desire to say I ‘m founding father to weblog and specially adored the actual web site . Often times Im being after to bookmark the web site . You definitely have olympian well crafted articles. Bless your application on the part of apportioning with us web site page. adsadf

• Dbzchic

sexonfire11 said:
    Can demi bring this back?

That would be nice. But I’d settle for songs like I knew I loved you by savage garden, and Michelle branch, old school avril lavigne for Demi.

I’m glad she experimented on Unbroken and such. I liked a lot of the songs on it, but it just wasn’t as meaningful as her first and second album. I really hope she goes into a throwback sound for her fourth album.

Yeeeaaahh, cause without her there’s not gonna be any real music. -_- I hate when famous people think it’s just dandy to say such arrogant, stupid things.

real music is = soul,jazz and rock n roll