Joe Jonas, ‘Our New Music Is Different’

Jonas Inquirer interview. On working together again after their three-year hiatus: Nick: It’s amazing. We’ve all had the opportunity to go do things on our own, follow some of our own passions and dreams and take that experience into what we’re doing now.

Also, to have the time to live life and grow and incorporate that into the creative process and onstage. We had our first show back last week and it was a thrill for all of us just to be in front of our fans again.

On upcoming album: N: It’s been an amazing process recording. We started about six months ago; I was in New York City doing ‘How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying,’ so we all met there and began the writing process.

When we first started, I think it sounded a lot like our previous work from about three years ago, so we made it a point to take a little more time. It took about a month and a half to visit some places, do some business, so that we could sort of come back with new inspirations.

We tried to listen to as much music as possible, then when we dove back in, we really clicked and found the kind of sound that we wanted to have. We wrote the kind of songs that we wanted to write. The great news is we control our destiny now, how we write, record, and release our music as well.

So we’re in a great position to be able to give as much music as we want to our fans. Joe: I think it’s definitely a different sound. I feel like a lot of the lyrics are going to be different from what a lot of people are used to listening to.

On lessons from their hiatus:
K: Personally, I was able to get married and spend a little time not on the road. We got married while we were still traveling, and it was nice to be able to have a break. I learned a lot about life and new experiences. We’ve been saying that we need to live a little bit of life so we can write about it and talk about it. And that’s definitely true, I think, for all of us.
N: During the three-year hiatus that we took, I think we all made it a priority to do other things that we were passionate about on the career front as individuals. Also, on a personal side, we took the time to experience certain things to live and write. We grew up during that time as well, I think. It set us up perfectly for this next phase.
K: I think having time apart really did help us, but we’re brothers. It’s not like we didn’t see each other or hang out. It was less about the music for a little while, and more of building a better bond together as brothers. For six years straight we spent every day together, so it was a little nice being able to not have to see these two for a while. (Laughter)
Adults
On the transition from teen idols to mature artists:
J: There wasn’t anything, musically or even career-wise, that made us feel like we had to force our fans or other people to say we’re adults now. I think taking that break kind of let people understand that we’re just becoming who we are. Our fans grew up with us, which has been always really nice; say, we graduate musically and they graduate by going to university of something like that. So it’s cool to see us playing a show in Radio City (Music Hall, New York—their first reunion gig) a week ago and we see familiar faces, but now a lot older. It was thrilling.
On Kevin’s reality show “Married to Jonas” with wife Danielle:
Kevin: It’s been really great. It’s actually been positive for our marriage, surprisingly; we’ve learned a lot more about each other, and our relationship has become stronger because of it. This kind of puts it all on the table and you kind of have to go through everything together. Luckily, we’ve had a good time, and we’re happy the fans are able to watch it.
On Joe’s mentoring stint in the reality singing tilt “The Next”:
J: We’ve mentored other artists, all three of us, behind the scenes. Now we’re doing something like that on camera, it’s a little bit different because you have to show a lot of honesty with an artist. Sometimes it has to come down to it and you say that “This is not for you” or “You’re a star, you should be on a bigger stage.”
Helping these artists in finding out what makes them sing—why they get on stage, why they picked the song that they wanted to do—was something about the show in particular that I was really attracted to. It’s the fact that we go into these people’s lives rather than just having them get onstage and audition. So, I would definitely do it again and hope to mentor other artists in the future.
On bashers and haters:
N: I love it when people kind of hate or get passionate about that, because it shows you that there are more people that really care. Even if a small portion is negative, there’s a large portion that’s positive. If you’re looking for it, you’ll find it. But if you always focus on the positive things, then you’re always going to be happier.
On working with Fil-Am actress Anna Maria Perez de Tagle, who’s also opened for them in their RP tour:
N: Fantastic! We did “Camp Rock 2” with her a few years back and toured with us in the US last time we were there. And she has an amazing talent, got a fantastic voice. While I was in New York for “How to Succeed …,” I saw her in “Godspell” and she was incredible; I saw her about two or three times. She’s a real talent and I’m excited to see where her career takes her.
Nick on Lea Salonga:
N: I love her. She’s so amazing and so talented. We actually talked about the Philippines a few times while we were doing the 25th anniversary production (of “Les Miserables”) and I know that she had a chance to meet Anna Maria, who was with us on this show. It was great to do that with her. She’s obviously a legend at this point in the theater community. She said very good things about this part of the world, and I’m so happy to be here.
On their biggest lessons in love:
N: You go first, Kev. (Laughter)
J: Yeah, Kev, you’re the pro.
K: When you find it, and you know that it’s right, hold on to it ‘cause it’s hard to find. (Collective “aww” from both band and audience.)
J: My mom gave me a great book once; it said “Everything Men Know About Women” and it was a book with empty pages, so … (Laughter)
N: I think for me, it’s important to prioritize moments. Make sure you hold on to those moments and take them with you as memories, as ways to sort of center yourself and see what you like and don’t like. But never let them become your reality in the moments of your future. And if something’s right, hold on to it. If it’s not, write a good song about it. (Laughter)

Oct 29, 2012 @ 09:11 am

They are just proving they are has beens

Shut up, hater! They are not has beens.

How is Joe not keeping his penis in his pants? Where are the nudes? I want to see them!

Nick, are we gonna see you on Broadway anytime soon? are you gonna do more acting?

Nick: Yeah! I’m definetely hoping to do another show. The main focus for me is working with my brothers again, but if there’s a project that’s right I’d love to do it again, I love the Broadway community.

Yes Nick please please please!

so Nick sold his appartment to Joe, interesting.

I don’t know how people can say you cannot be truly in love with someone at age 14. My cousin is 21 now and he’s been dating his girlfriend since they were both 14 and they have a kid together now. He does not look at other girls!

I don’t wanna sound Like a hater, but I’ll just be honest, I don’t like the Jonas Brothers, as a band, I think Kevin and Joe are really nice guys but Nick is incredibly talented and he needs to show it to the world, I am a fan of his, I hope he does more Broadway shows, He’d be great in Grease, I’d travel from the other side of the world just to see him play Danny Zucko.

I think Denise wants Joe and Nick to settle down. She said she prays for it.

Oct 29, 2012 @ 09:18 am

if it wasn’t for Selena Niley would still be together. xD

Cool story!

I think Denise wants Joe and Nick to settle down. She said she prays for it.

She exagerates, Nick just turned 20.

If I was a mother I wouldn’t want my 20 year old son to get married, I would want him to enjoy his life, and do what he loves.

yeah, Joe and Kevin are holding Nick back.

Denise said she prays Nick and Joe find a mate like Danielle. In MTJ she told Dani she liked her from the beginning

“And if something’s right, hold on to it. If it’s not, write a good song about it. (Laughter)”

Nick is holding on to someone and it aint Miley!

yeah, Joe and Kevin are holding Nick back.

No, Nick is pulling them forward.

I just love the classy boss Nick sooo much

Oct 29, 2012 @ 05:13 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpZhZAr1cQU&feature=related lol
    but seriously they’re acting like they don’t know about the hurricane lol or they’re just reaLLY careless .I wanna say the same about them wearing pentagram shirts

————————————–

What pentagram shirts?
    You better not be talking about that white t-shirt with the star on it because that is sooo not a pentagram.
    I suggest you do your homework first before talking about a subject you clearly know nothing about.
    lol idk people were talking about it as if it was a pentagram maybe they just want a reason to hate on the designer Wink so really what’s the difference between a pentagram and a star …

Nick should do Rent or Jersey Boys

• JesusBale

I’m sure it is…

Nick and Joe are so lucky to have each other, not all brothers get along like them.

Denise can pray Joe and Nick settle down all she wants but as long as they are having “encounters” with models until 6AM, that won’t be happening.

They are just proving they are has beens

Miley’s wedding is never gonna happen, lol Nick knows that.

And if something’s right, hold on to it. If it’s not, write a good song about it. (Laughter) – Nick

I love you Nick!

that’s why they call him Mr. Positive.

David is mean, Joe always takes pictures with him.

it’s not bad if it’s different fans meeting them but it’s the same group of stalkers alwayssssssssss!

I think Joe is really depressed.

i think so too now. he should go to a psychiatrist to get meds.

Oct 29, 2012 @ 11:04 am

i think so too now. he should go to a psychiatrist to get meds

I think he is already taking meds.

Oct 29, 2012 @ 11:04 am

i think so too now. he should go to a psychiatrist to get meds

I think he is already taking meds.

good lol

• joejonassmile

OMG stop…!!!!
    Why every one attacks joe…
    He gets most of the hate and people judging him none stop
    How is he handling all these stuffs I hope he doesnt waste his time reading all these things
    Now I see its better for him to live his life and enjoy
    People just come and go and they always talk

• joejonassmile

Anonymoussaid:Joe’s mental health is not somethingto joke about.
    ++++
    Exactly

Me myself should stop reading these things again…have a break from OU…hummm…

Joe’s mental health is not something to joke about.

2 SHOWS IN L.A. IN NOVEMBER IM EXICTED

Joe’s mental health is not something to joke about.

nobody is joking here i dont think

joe and nick should go on and take a vacation (spoiler: not in nyc) for about a week at least.

I loved yesterday’s first five minutes of married to Jonas!! Nick is flawless!!!!

Joe should leave, Nick is ok, he loves nYC

the halloween horror for joe is the stalkers chasing him down with cameras all around new york

why did you go cray cray? what happened?

Oct 29, 2012 @ 11:16 am

why did you go cray cray? what happened?

who?

Stalker Taylor and David need Sandy to wash their pathetic asses out of NYC

Oct 29, 2012 @ 11:18 am

Stalker Taylor and David need Sandy to wash their pathetic asses out of NYC

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

so nick did say the song is about miley. ryan let him listen to miley’s reaction and he said she was right.

hahahahaa

I wish Nick had his own reality show, I love it when he is on mTJ

joe and nick should get their own reality show. they are hilarious together.

nonymous said:

of course Joe is depressed and mad, he’s been stalked by crazy people who keep trashing him and making up stuff about him.
    —————–

well put

poor Joe but Nick is my fave.

Oct 29, 2012 @ 10:56 am

lol that so stupid!!!

nick is holding out to his dick

nick is sad and joe is depressed

everybody on twitter is pissed saying Ryan cut Nick off when he was talking about Broadway and NYC but I listened to the interview and he wasn’t cut off, did they cut off the cut off? what was Nick saying about Broadway?

My point is Joseph did just as much so Shut Up!!!!!

• alizon mattos

lossssss amoooooo siempre los amare ! son mejores que justin bieber, one direction etc etc ! aunque tenga 21 años siempre seran mi banda favorita

People actually believe blind gossip?? Anyone can write something and send it. Besides, fact is, nick is STILL underage, most clubs/bars won’t risk losing their license, even if it is a celeb. I am sure he does wild stuff, but he can’t get into most places yet.

Joe confirmed the whole Taylor Swift thing on Ryan Seacrest so it was true. lol

I think they cut it off when it aired on the radio for a commercial, but if you listen to it on Ryan’s website it’s all there.

Shut Up! With the Joseph comments your just sick! I hate that mother not to mention her witch (looking and acting) daughter in law!

It looks like the Nicky worshippers are at it again!!!!

Oct 29, 2012 @ 09:48 am

lmao

yeah! it’s all there, he wants to do more Broadway, and he loves NYC, I’m sure he’ll get another play next year.

• JonasPortugal – Official Team

Guys listen the preview of Let’s Go – studio version! (:

Credits: Jonas Brothers Portugal Team
    twitter.com/OfficialJBPT
    facebook.com/JonasBrothersPortugalTeam

you’re crazy

What Taylor Swift thing!??? Another question What apartment do you mean in LA or NYC?

yay joey go joe

onymous said:

the us weekly article thing.

HOW! Am I crazy!???? For disliking someone? This is news!!!????

You mean when he met her and they talked!???

HOW! Am I crazy!???? For disliking someone? This is news!!!????

bc you’re the one who hates everyone especially Nick and his mom and think Joe is a poor victim of all of them.

Joe was overheard by some chick making fun of one of the NYC stalkers saying she is the reason he is starting to want to hide

What is Imao mean?

Nick sounds awesome in the Let’s go snippet

Oct 29, 2012 @ 09:54 am

You mean when he met her and they talked!???

yeahhhhh that one backstage at iheartradio

aww Nick is so cute!! I want him back on Broadway!!!

I love Nick’s voice, it’s so soft and sexy, when he talks he hipnotizes

I have reasons to dislike them!!!! DUH!!! Besides! I like Kevin in many ways except right now. He is being way to stupid!!!!

lol
    yay Nicky go Nicky

What about the apartment???

you don’t!! maybe Denise is annoying, and so is Dani, but you have no reasons to dislike Nicky, he has never done anything wrong and he’s never hurt anyone. And your Joe loves him, that’s why they live together, and do practically everything together.

Nick is sad

What about the apartment???

Nick sold his L.A. appartment to Joe but he stays there whenever he is in L.A. and Joe stays with Nick in NYC.

I wonder if Joe and Nick talk about sex. Imagine Nick talking about intercourse, sexual intercourse.

Soooo what was the big news???

I’m sure Nick is gonna buy the NYC appartment, he loves it there.

Oct 29, 2012 @ 10:02 am

Soooo what was the big news???

Nick is a virgin

Soooo what was the big news???

it’s that Nick lives on the 12th floor of his appartment building in NYC.

Soooo what was the big news???

Nick is gonna wear a “I don’t have a costume, but at least I have my dignity.” Shirt for halloween.

the big announcement is that Nick got a tattoo!!

Soooo what was the big news???

Nick is still friends with Miley.

yeah, he did.

did david really just tell joe to put up a picture of his penis?

So they only have fans in LA and NYC? Thanks guys

Joseph DID do alot of plays and Nick didn’t do all those plays on broadway either! Shut Up! With the Nick bit!!!!

Oct 29, 2012 @ 10:11 am

So they only have fans in LA and NYC? Thanks guys

They said they’ll be having a world tour next year. So I guess they’ll be adding more US dates?

yeah he’s awesome :) I think joe sounded GREAT at the iHeartRadio fes I think he’d be amazing at broadway rlly but I think he can sing better (almost flawlessly) if he was more into singing than he actually isand therfore concentrated more I think he’s more into acting and comedy but it’s probably safer to keep singing

He was supposed to be the “good one” among his group. However, the peer pressure is really starting to get to this young performer. He went out for a night of fun with some friends in New York City last week. While they were drinking heavily and doing dr*gs, he stayed rather subdued, sipping on a Long Island Iced Tea.

But that wasn’t good enough for the hard-partying crowd. They started teasing him about his choice of drink, and wouldn’t relent until he started doing shots. He gave in and started pounding down shot after shot of vodka until he could hardly stand. He wound up going home with some random girl (who was 10 years older than him) at 3:00 am.

Dude, you’re underage, you’re constantly drunk, you’re hanging out with a hard-core druggie crowd, and you’re going home with random women. Save yourself!

Nick Jonas!!
    well at least he is not doing drugs.

Lmaoo what???? That hes still friends with Miley?? But her and her mom hates him, im just thinking about Tish, I know she waned to kill him with a shot gun. I vould only imagine whst shel do know after the song “wedding bells”

I think he’d be amazing at broadway rlly

LOL no. Joe is amazing at a lot of things but he does not have a Broadway voice.

joe was actually on broadway when he was younger

joe was actually on broadway when he was younger

Joe was in one Broadway show, in the childrens chorus. He did not have individual singing parts.

He was also stupid in oliver and more. They basicly have done the same amount of plays!

Oct 29, 2012 @ 10:21 am

I think he’d be amazing at broadway rlly

Nick did not sound so broadway before and people made fun of him doing broadway but he turned out amazing so I guess it’s the technique

Joseph has the best voice and you have never heard him sing broadway style!

i think denise cheated on papa jonas because joe looks arab and japanese

I wish!!!! Not that I condone cheating!

is papa jonas really joe’s dad? im not sure anymore jk not really… kidding again…

Tish is just the most stupid and ridiculous grown up woman if he hates a teenager just because he and her daughter broke up.

• joejonassmile

Joe: My mom gave me a great book once; it said “Everything Men Know About Women” and it was a book with empty pages, so … (Laughter)
    ____
    OMG this is a really wise funny adorable answer…I didnt expect it from Joe…he is so much better in knowing girls than I thought hahahah
    …that anouncement was another trick of joe and the boys they were all like News…Big NEWS…MORE big NEWS
    They just wanted to put another excitment wave between fans and keep them talking which totally worked we had two TTs in twitter
    So dont complain they are doing the right thing
    And Im so happy FOR LA fans…other fans need to just stay patient …let them live so that they can write…they need to live,to have some thing new to say and write thats how writing works…take it from me as a writer I know :-)

Joe has only done one broadway play, Nick has the record for the most broadway plays for a kid under 11, there’s no point on comparing them, Nick is a musician, singer, actor and dancer. Nick is a star.

she does hate nick. miley said this year that tish hates him and that if she ever saw him she would shoot him. LOL

This girl talks about meeting Joe recently in New York City. What a douche!!!

Oct 29, 2012 @ 10:40 am

This girl talks about meeting Joe recently in New York City. What a douche!!!

Probably lies. The NYC stalkers say him and Nick are the nicest ever.

Nick had the voice of an angel as a little kid, he was flawless as Gavroche in 2003, he has always been so talented and now as a grown up men, he is still exceptional, and he is a great singer, actor, dancer, he is gonna have a great future in Broadway.

Oct 29, 2012 @ 10:34 am

lol he did take some features from his dad though but mostly his mom…I think he has the same jaw bone as his dad ..idk

Those NYC stalkers should leave Joe alone. I think they’re the ones who are making him depressed. Poor guy.

I dunno but he seems to dislike his father, I wonder what happened between them. Nick loves him so I don’t think he is a bad person.

• joejonassmile

Remember living in the dream 2???Joe tried broadway a bit and he was nervious?I think he was doing great …he should try broadway again but not musical one…he is a great actor and I honestly think he needs to try an evil or murderer role…thats gonna be epic

yeah poor guy, stalkers suck, they can even ruin a person’s life.

Papa Jonas was hot when he was younger. If he lost a 100 pounds and got in shape he would look good.

mmmm maybe

?@boopsy429: the drama i COULD start right now if i wanted to, but that moment is staying between me and joe ;)

Thats what one of the stalkers said when she met Joe the other day. Apparently he was rude to her, but she wouldn’t say why. The first time he turned her down and said he was in a “rush” then she went back again? LEAVE HIM ALONE.

Oct 29, 2012 @ 10:42 am

he’ll probably end up with social anxiety thanks to them….

Oct 29, 2012 @ 10:42 am

yeah it’s a technique thing many people didn’t like his voice in Jonas songs besides Joe is better now I didn’t use to think he was good but he has amazed me lately

(replying to this) – Oct 29, 2012 @ 10:48 am

?@boopsy429: the drama i COULD start right now if i wanted to, but that moment is staying between me and joe Wink

———————

she’s bipolar i swear she says joe is nice and her fave person then she says shit like this.

oh hi blind gossip reads oceanup we’re famous

• The Voice Of Reason

“Hollywood” -JoJo

I’m attracted to his glitz and his glamour, I’m attracted to the lights in his eyes
    And once you get a taste of his poison, you’ll get all wrapped up in his lies
    You don’t have to give in and fall for nothing
    Even if you were to feel that you were through
    You’re an angel that’s casted out from heaven
    It’s sad but true and makes me wonder why

It’s over, said and done
    Looks like they found themselves a new one
    And just like that a star is born
    It makes me wonder

Hollywood, Hollywood, do you have a heart at all?
    And is it real? Just let me know
    Hollywood, Hollywood, do you give a shit at all?
    And do you feel what people feel?
    ‘Cause there’s a one in a million chance you’ll make it big someday
    Don’t sell your soul to have what someone had yesterday
    Hollywood
    Oh, Hollywood

Mother always told me, “Jo, be careful, everything that glitters ain’t gold”
    “Don’t fall in love with a promising man because he’ll just use you and leave you for broke”
    So you signed your name on the line, don’t read the fine print
    Thinking you’ll blow up over night, night
    Gave the world, but your wings, you lost them
    Drowning in the tears that you cry and that’s why

It’s over, said and done
    Looks like they found themselves a new one
    And just like that a star is born
    It makes me wonder
    [ From: http://www.metrolyrics.com/hollywood-lyrics-jojo.html ]

Hollywood, Hollywood, do you have a heart at all?
    And is it real? Just let me know
    Hollywood, Hollywood, do you give a shit at all?
    And do you feel what people feel?
    ‘Cause there’s a one in a million chance you’ll make it big someday
    Don’t sell your soul to have what someone had yesterday
    Hollywood
    Oh, Hollywood

We’re living in a place of tinsel and wear
    Everything is fake, faded and worn
    Relying on your looks can only take you so far
    But even then you got girls chasing dollar bills
    And left looking for a thrill
    It’s not real ’cause in time it will all disappear

Hollywood, Hollywood, do you have a heart at all?
    And is it real? Just let me know
    Hollywood, Hollywood, do you give a shit at all?
    And do you feel what people feel?
    ‘Cause there’s a one in a million chance you’ll make it big someday
    Don’t sell your soul to have what someone had yesterday
    Hollywood
    Oh, Hollywood

Not alone
    Not alone
    I’m not alone
    I’m not alone
    I’m not alone
    Oh, I’m all alone

Umm, why would they be picking on him for drinking Long Island Iced Tea? A Long Island Iced Tea is a bunch of alcohol thrown together–it’s equal parts gin, vodka, rum, tequila. So if they were picking on him for drinking that instead of shots, that’s pretty stupid, because drinking one is like drinking several shots at once.

What pentagram shirts?

They’re possibly talking about the t-shirt with the fingers holding the string in the shape of the inverted pentagram.

A five-pointed star (?) is a very common ideogram throughout the world. If the colinear edges are joined together a pentagram is produced.

Yes, he did do all those on Broadway except the Christmas Carol, which was at the Paramount Theater at Madison Square Garden, and The Sound of Music which was at the Papermill Playhouse in Jersey. However, the Papermill Playhouse is a very famous theater, and many Broadway shows do trial runs there before moving to Broadway, most recently Newsies.

• joejonassmile

:-\

the nyc stalkers are so mean to Joe, the girl who was saying he was rude finally got a pic with him, he was nice enought to take a pic with someone who’s trashed him, but he does look depressed in the picture, I see a breakdown soon.

David Schwitzer?@DavidSchwitzer

@joejonas (insert picture of your penis here) ????

David Schwitzer?@DavidSchwitzer

@Joejonas You’ve worn that outfit literally 15 times this month.

i think he looks mad because he read what they say about him. joe talks about david to his friends all of them know him now. i think nick probably has his own opinion about it that he keeps to himself

lillie michelle ?@boopsy429

so whatever is going on with him right now don’t let it change your opinion on him just understand he is human
    now lillie michelle lillie michelle ?@boopsy429

we all know joe and know that he’s a sweet and genuine person and that he’s the most down to earth celeb out there
    now lillie michelle lillie michelle ?@boopsy429

i think joes just going through a phase

lololol bitches

Queenbee Fame?@QueenbeeFame

Joe Jonas, you’re an outfit repeater!!! @joejonas

Queenbee Fame?@QueenbeeFame

@JoeJstreeteam I said his CAREER is pathetic. Enough with the shows here and there. It’s time or an album and tour.

@DavidSchwitzer: Either @joejonas is severely depressed or is just an utter douchebag

why do they need so many pictures of joe everyday?

Nick’s pum pum tun up!!

ew queenbeefame

i love how they didn’t say anything about natashia till everyone knew… then they claimed they saw joe with her and now they’re saying the lived together in nyc and now they’re saying blanda lives with nick and joe.

Yawn

They are just stupid with the little LA shows and no album yet. If joe would keep his dick in his pants for five min they might be able to finish

AMEN

there you go Miley

Nick just talked about Miley, he said they’re goo friends, yeah right.

I have the feeling Nick is waiting for a broadway project to be confirmed. I hope so, I love Nick Jonas so much and I want him solo.

Nick is looking great and he is really talented, I hope he gets more opportunities on Broadway.

Joe’s lessons on love omg

Kevin’s is cute

Nick is still traumatized by Miley’s engagement.

Oct 29, 2012 @ 08:54 am

there you go Miley

He’s just saying that because she’s engaged, if she were still single, he would be singing a different tune…

What did Denise say yesterday about wanting Joe and Nick to find a ‘mate’?