Joe Jonas ‘Our New Album Is Phenomenal’

Joe Jonas PARADE magazine interview: On the Jonas Brothers new album (no release date yet!). ‘My brothers and I have been working on an album for the last about seven, eight months now and we have just finished. I’m really excited about sharing with the fans and keeping it under lock and key until that time comes up, and it’s been a very exciting process. Nick’s been producing all the music so we really have been the chefs in the kitchen with our project.’

On what the album will sound like. ‘I like when people are able to come up with their own personal feelings on it. But what I can say is we used some brass in the music. We’ve been able to incorporate a lot more instruments, and even Nick, used some of the electronic drums and what his computer can do. It’s pretty phenomenal.’

On what other artists inspired the new album. ‘A lot of old school music—not only blues, but soul music and also some dance music that we were listening to. On top of that, there are artists like Bruno Mars and a couple others that are really using a lot of instruments in their live music that they incorporate with the album. That’s what we’ve been trying to do.’

On how life has changed since the Jonas Brothers’ last album. ‘I would say quite a lot! I mean, going from living in the same bedroom as three other brothers and working every day, to now being able to pick and choose opportunities, and I still get to do my music. I think my favorite piece now is that we have our own label and we have all of our rights to our music. We’re also able to create tours ourselves, from packaging a record to [deciding] what [the tour] looks like on a stage. Putting that all together has been a really exciting process.’

On the difference between international fans and American fans.

“International fans, I think because there’s a language barrier, are very physical and loud. So it’s exciting, but can be nerve-wracking sometimes. It’s a thrill to be able to have opportunities to go to these different cities and places that sometimes you can’t pronounce, and fans are singing the words to all your songs. It’s an overwhelming experience.”

On which he prefers: performing solo or with his brothers.

“I prefer being back with my brothers. I’ve learned over time that you really rely on them. When I did the solo project, it was a learning experience because I realized how much pressure you put on yourself, whether it is a live performance or even a recording or interviews. You get tired. When you have your brothers there, you’re not answering every question by yourself or you’re not performing every song by yourself, and that’s a great thing to able to experience, and also a learning tool.”

On whether he’ll go solo again.

“Maybe eventually, but as of right now, my priority is the band.”

On how Married to Jonas has changed the brothers’ dynamic.

“[While filming,] you’re always thinking about the fact that there’s a camera in your face, but I think it’s one of those things where you just be yourself. It is a little bit different because it’s the first time in our lives where we don’t have the opportunity to edit or say “let’s cut this,” like when we’ve done filming before. So now, actually having an official reality show is a little bit intense when it’s in somebody else’s hands. But at the same time, it’s a great way for the fans to also be able to see our music and how we’re a family.”

On what goals he still wants to achieve.

“I would love to be able to do more acting and even build my charity a bit more so I can reach more people. It would be an incredible opportunity to be nominated again for a Grammy and potentially win one.”

“my priority is the band”
    Yeah, right…

I just wish people will let their album speak for itself instead of hyping it up themselves.

You people are PISH ASSESS!!!! You Deserve Nothing!!!!

I’m sorry, this time I will not support the new single. This will be my vote to punish the behavior of Joe with fans and his lack of professionalism. Kevin and Nick did not say anything, then seem to support all those bad things that happened. Well, blahblahshit should buy 10000 times the single on itunes and request the song on the radio 24/7. They ruined the tour for me, so everything has consequences.

It annoys me when people judge him (or any celeb, really) harshly, because if you were in his shoes you’d be doing similar things. Anyone who doesn’t think so is just naive about the entertainment industry.

I’m sick of seeing comments like ( i’m not excited but for the new song) and say im jonas fan ..hahahha pleaseeeeeeeee shut up, you’re not a fan, you can not judge a song by 30 seconds, you’re only here to annoy because you are hater

________________

shut up! drama queen

Im not a Jonas fan but I heard the snippet of that new somg it actually doesnt sound bad. Idk if im going to buy it yet though.
    _____________

sound like bruno mars!! and i like it!

I’m proud of them. There is no evidence that Joe has done anything except fall in love with a girl that fans don’t like. BlindGossips just that gossip. Where’s the sex tape? Someone’s losing a lot of money holding onto that thing.

Compared to how Bieber is acting, Linsey Lohan, Amanda Bynes, etc I am very proud at how they have handled Hollywood. Also are they doing 3 ways in a movie like Selena? No they have not.

Mar 25, 2013 @ 08:14 pm

I feel same. Joe does not give a shit about the fans. The idol who I used to admire doesn’t exists anymore. The was rude to the fans, what he said to that girl, really hurted me. This was as if Joe was saying that to me, because I agree with many things the fan said. I cried a lot that night … Only two times I’ve cried because of Joe, first when his album was not successful, I felt so helpless, but now it was worse, because he was my idol and I cried for disappointment. I still feel hurted and I will take a break of him and the band.

Mar 25, 2013 @ 08:43 pm

_____________

Nobody was comparing, and they shouldn’t have to. The fact of the matter is, Joe and his brothers let a lot of fans down.

Also, it’s not love – it’s infatuation. Totally different concepts.

Mar 25, 2013 @ 09:04 pm

Mar 25, 2013 @ 08:14 pm

_____________

OMG what happened?

Mar 25, 2013 @ 07:43 pm

“my priority is the band”
    Yeah, right…
    _____

I KNOW

Mar 25, 2013 @ 09:04 pm

Mar 25, 2013 @ 08:14 pm

_____________

OMG what happened?

I think she means when Joe made fun of that guy (i think david was his name) in nyc when he asked for a autograph when he was with Blanda

im was sure they are going to make an electronic? album like the rest of the artists
    And i’m so glad they sticked to their music style and didn’t change it just to be like everyone else.
    this is why i love them so much

this is why i love them so much

Mar 25, 2013 @ 08:14 pm

_____________

OMG what happened?

_____________

guys! this post is about new song! not is of blanda

—————————-
    yeah sound so good!

i won’t buy the new cd. sorry for nick who is the only one who actually works, and kevin. they respect fans and i respect their WORK.
    and nick, i’m gonna see your movie for sure.

——————————————

so Kevin and Nick are to blame?

your comment is pathetic! you can not live Based on the relationships of the singers to buy a song you like

grown up please

the sound!!
    is like james brown!!
    is good

this is why i love them so much
    ***********

THISSSSSSSSSSSS

sorry but this album might not do as well, nobody really cares so much about them anymore unless they decide to make a really big single and make sure it hits the charts and is radio friendly.

Thank you queenbee, for letting us know over and over that you won’t buy the music in order to sound like several people do not like the music. I like what I’ve heard so far, will listen to the whole thing on April 9th and will most likely buy it.

Wonder why it’s not all three brothers in the Parade article. Strange.

Not too happy with the name Pom Pom sounds a bit immature but Jonas fans lets put our general complaints and grievances aside (me included about certain aspects of this tour) and hope the guys dont disappoint us with this new music. Their fantastic fans made them the biggest boy band in the world and can do it again. I just hope they appreciate how much the fans do for them.

Joe said “WE worked” lol. Nick was the only one who worked. <3

Mar 26, 2013 @ 05:52 am
    Joe said “WE worked” lol. Nick was the only one who worked. <3

Yes because Joe and Kevin didn’t sing or help write the songs please don’t be delusional…

Not if that sex tape actually comes out.Then sales will be awful.

Hopefully! No!!!!

Lmao it’s so good that people are so disappointed and hating the Jonas Brothers, I mean, the shows here were cheap and were not crazy crowded, so it was even better to see them close and people were giving tickets to the Meet and Greet for free! Just fucking amazing, as long as they keep being famous in a way that allows them to keep doing tours, it will be great.

• Julia

Now remember that you guys have fans? The quality of the shows in latin america was ridiculously poorly treated fans now want to sell the whole CD comes humble sells to Blanda and his friends will be a success.
    The former Jonas fan club that I attend has no place for you guys and we are not 1500 people who stopped buying puts friends Blanda was not in place and so that Joe was negligent with fans Nick and Kevin are also wanted in music and feel part of the process of return than what we saw was not the personal life was stronger stick with it losers already have another idol to value with our love and money.
    We can live without you guys want to see the Jonas live without fan to buy CDs, DVDs, books and memories of you.

They are falling flat compared to Adam Levine, Beyonce, etc. if they want to make a comeback, it’s not going to work with the boy band image anymore – and THAT is there competition, and they are damn good at what they do. And I’m not talking about #1 on iTunes, I’m talking about the actual piece of music.
    ___________

First it is important that they actually REMEMBER that they still have “boyband fans” until they can attract a more mixed audience. So they have to try to straddle two worlds for a while. When this single comes out, they need the fans they have to request the song at their local radio stations. Groups make money on their tours, not from music sales. But a hit guarantees that tours might sell out and they can add more venues to the tour. Right now a heterosexual guy would never go to one of their concerts and that’s not going to change overnight. We’ve just a bit of the song, but it sounds dancible and fun.

Lol. Beyonce’s last song “Bow Down Bitche$” is such a piece of art, right? Ugh. And Adam…

Try looking at a lot of her pieces that she has destroyed other artists with, like Halo, If I were a boy. Go watch her I Am tour video. The jonas brothers can’t pull off what she has managed.

Adam levine – are you kidding me? Even Moves Like Jagger which wasn’t an emotionally deep song was a better piece of work than Pom Poms.

Seriously, you don’t know what you’re talking. I’m not judging only ONE song by the jonas brothers, I’m commenting about their previous work too, which I used to love in my teen years. But god damn, they’re in their mid 20s, and have to step up for the ‘over 20′ age group their aiming for.

i can’t take anything he says literally anymore. i feel like he’s one of those people who says all these things then does the complete opposite :S

• Pixita

Love him

• Thefactsoflife

They’re going to have to buy the radio DJs…I love them but to get mainstream air time is going to cost them $

im a HUGE jonas fan but im not too happy about pom poms i hope the album is better

• PromotingJonas

Buy Pom Poms april 9th!

• PromotingJonas

Buy Pom Poms april 9th!

• Sam

• Sam

Eww

When I listened to the little bit available of Pom Poms, I really did think it was a rhythm and blues/pop hybrid, so Joe explained it pretty well. How many other artists their age are producing their own music, writing and performing? Sink or swim, they should be proud. But they really do need to work harder on the communication end of it cause that is where they are lacking. Publicity, fan-interaction, getting the song played and getting the fans motivated to ask their radio stations to put it in rotation.

Not everyone is a hater. Just people growing up who used to be fans. As you grow, things change. Tastes and preferences change. For example, i’e grown to admire Beyonce so much more. And while listening to some songs she puts out there and how dedicated she is to what she does… It is disappointing with the boys. Doesn’t mean that I should “SHUT UP because I’m NOT A TRUE FAN!!!”. It’s simply something that comes with age and maturity – the desire for emotional depth.

By continuously saying that this album will cater to an older audience, and draw a similar age group as them was misleading. Particularly from Pom Poms.

Lmaooooo crying over idols?

“They are falling flat compared to Adam Levine, Beyonce, etc.”

• SmilerForJoe

Don’t care about the article, but that cover pic… Joseph, I love you.