Nick Jonas Marriage Equality Supporter!

nickjonasmarriage
tumblr_mofyo3gBV01rp3gpyo1_500

The Supreme Court overturned the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA), calling it unconstitutional to restrict federal marriage benefits to same sex couples: ‘DOMA singles out a class of persons deemed by a State entitled to recognition and protection to enhance their own liberty.’

• threelittlebirds

why do gay people wanna get married?
    why do straight people wanna ge married?

If you believe in the bible, you can’t rewrite it to your liking. You can’t rewrite it cause you’ve engaged in what the bible plainly says is a sin. Some people have a hard time with that. It’s hard to live the way the bible has laid out. You get pregnant, first instinct is to get an abortion rather than raising a kid you didn’t plan. Only way to get around all this? Stop saying you believe in the Bible. No one forces you to be a Christian. Personally, since not everyone in this country is Christian, what they do or believe is not my business as long as they don’t hurt or force something on someone else.

Maybe Nick should check out some of Hillsongs practices concerning homosexuality since he chooses to go there.

I’m so impressed with him! Vote for Nick 2040

Not everyone believes in a God or at least how Christians explain God. Let gay people get married and be like everybody else. Religious beliefs should not be included in the legal system.

Meh, not sure I know what to think about this. I can wholeheartedly say that I completely disagree with Nick on this.

I agree in that every person has the right to love one another. That I agree with. However, I believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman only. If we allow gay marriage to become the norm, we are altering the entire definition of what it means to be “married” and of “marriage” itself. Instead, I believe that if two people of the same sex want to be together, they can call it a “civil union” but not a “marraige.” After all, as the person above mentioned, there is no changing the Bible and being gay and gay marriage is recognized as a sin, whether others recognize this fact or not.

That being said, I don’t judge those who chose to be gay. There is only one judge and He resides above us. I have many good friends who are gay and I love them and accept them as I would any other friend. Many of them are some of the nicest and most kind individuals that I’ve had the pleasure of knowing. My best friend’s sister has recently came out and I accepted her decision and her partner with open arms. She is so nice and nobody deserves to be bullied or made fun of because they are different like that. Besides, Jesus told us that we should not judge the actions of those around us and that we should love others.

However, just because I love others and I have friends who are gay, doesn’t mean that I have to condone what it is that they are doing, because in all honesty, I don’t.

____________________________

I understand that you are referring to the seperation of church and state. However, you cannot simply think that just because someone doesn’t believe in gay marriage that they are indoctrinating others with their beliefs? We all have our own beliefs, and they all comprise who we are as people. You cannot deny a person who is a Christian their religion, because the First Ammendment expressly states that we as individuals have freedom of religion. So ultimately, no, it isn’t a Christian’s right to judge others, but they DO have a right to act on what they believe to be true!!!!

“However, I believe that marriage should be between a man and a woman only. If we allow gay marriage to become the norm, we are altering the entire definition of what it means to be “married” and of “marriage” itself. Instead, I believe that if two people of the same sex want to be together, they can call it a “civil union” but not a “marraige.” After all, as the person above mentioned, there is no changing the Bible and being gay and gay marriage is recognized as a sin, whether others recognize this fact or not. ”

Riiight.

• Aspen

There’s a difference though. By “acting on what they believe”, people against gay marriage have successfully OPPRESSED this group of people who would have otherwise not have made any impact on their lives.

• Lake

Amazing.

Now Joe and Kevin can ditch their beards and marry for real.

I agree you can’t just pick out the parts of the bible that you like. Only God can judge is correct and on judgement day you think he is going to say I am pleased with the way you only choose to listen to the parts of the bible that pleased you. No don’t think so..SMH.

Jun 26, 2013 @ 01:00 pm
    Lake said:
    Amazing.

Now Joe and Kevin can ditch their beards and marry for real.

And maybe Nick can marry Michael Urie.

Isn’t the church Nick’s attending to agaisn’t gays tho? Why is Nick so fake??????

Just say if you had never met a gay person and someone asked you if you agreed with two guys getting married what would be your first natural instinct answer be? Think about it.

_________________________________________

I don’t oppress people and I’m a Christian. I’m a walking contradiction to your claims.

Not all of us are radicals and believe that gays should burn in Hell or anything like that. If you think that, your suppositions concerning Christianity are inherently wrong. Jesus taught his followers to love one another and not to judge others as Matthew 7 implores us: “Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2 For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.”

I can still disagree with the institution of gay marriage and the act of being gay, but still love those who are gay and married. That’s just like saying that a person can’t disagree with smoking and still love the person who smokes. One of my close friends that I knew in high school smoked and I still loved him. Did I agree with the fact that he was smoking? No. But did I hate him? No, I didn’t.

If you are a true Christian friend and have friends that are sinning, whether it means having gay sex or any other kind of sin. You should help keep the person on the straight and narrow and not condone their actions. That is the harsh reality of it, but it is hard to do. Cause it sometimes means being ridiculed yourself and losing friends in the end. That is sometimes the price you pay for sticking by your beliefs and not conforming to the world

I disagree with you saying that gays are persecuted. Every day a law is passed that protects the gay community or guarantees their right to wed. Pretty soon, gay marriage will become a universally-accepted thing in the entirity of the US. There is no doubt in my mind.

The REAL ones who are oppressed are the Christians. I implore anyone who believes that Christians aren’t oppressed to take a gander at these articles. Here is unedited, unadulterated proof that society is at war with the Christian community and God.

And these are just a few examples of this oppression. Sadly, much of society has become passive to this issue and condoned these things.

Jun 26, 2013 @ 01:04 pm

___________________

You are so right, my friend.

• Ijustneedyounow

Jun 26, 2013 @ 12:35 pm

——————
    the gay community doesn’t expect to be allowed to get married in a christian church but just to be accepted as a married couple by the state. christianity is not the only religion where men and women can get married just like men and women can get married without belonging to any religion. so i don’t get why pleople of the same sex shouldn’t be allowed to do the same. this shouldn’t have anything to do with the church or christianity. (i hope this makes sense, english is not my native language)

Better get your bible out and brush up on your reading.

• GirlFromYourDreams

Why do you want it to be called a “civil union” vs a marriage? I’ve heard this from other people as well that they prefer it that way. I’m not asking in a negative or sarcastic way, I legt just want to know…

This pic is old! I think 2010 or 2011.

The picture is from 2011. From when he was with Delta (first time he ever had his hair short).

aww yay!

NICK & URIE 4EVA!! :D

• ParaMonster

explain me something, I’m from Argentina, does this mean that gay marriage is approve all over the States?

Not all over, but it’s legal in California now. A few other states have it legalized as well.

• ParaMonster

When was nick against homosexuals?

When was nick against homosexuals?

when the guys first started out

• teetvhtxipu

cdHHS6 hizeouqwvjrv, [url=http://hotnehfixfad.com/]hotnehfixfad[/url], [link=http://shtwzuyufrpv.com/]shtwzuyufrpv[/link], http://tnwhizbrebtd.com/

The bible also says that sex before marriage is bad.

===
    So Nick is already committing sins according to the Bible, daily
    so whats the big deal here now if he supports gay marriage?

Maybe Urie and him don’t want just an open relationship! gay people can want to get married too :)

I believe that love is a choice therefore YOU are the one that chooses who you fall for. Love starts in the mind, it’s a question that only you can answer.

Love is a choice, when you look at someone or you’ve gotten to know a person, you do all the things that you do when you get close to a person. There comes a time where ONLY you can answer if you’re in love and sometimes you fall for people not their sex.

That’s like telling a person that’s straight that they CAN’T be gay because it’s not a choice, you either were born it or you’re not allowed to experience it. Or person that “all their life” has loved/liked the same sex no longer feels that way but becomes straight and no longer has any desire to be with the same sex can’t be straight because they were born gay so they have no other options.

Being gay isn’t a cult nor is it restricted just between certain people, love is suppose to be free.

So, you’re telling me the moment i turned 5, i decided to become gay and like guys and all that?
    It is not a decision. As cliche as it sounds or w/e, i was born that way.
    You people obviously don’t understand, it’s something you cannot control.

————————

Oh. Pardon my naiveté. Like I said, I’m a heterosexual, so this is all new territory for me and I don’t want to put my friends that are gay on the spot and have them explain themselves, as I don’t want to be rude or embarrass them or anything.

I always thought that homosexuality was something that developed as a product of the nurture side of the coin, rather than the nature side. I’ve always thought that the reason people become gay has to do with the environment in which they were raised (were their parents very liberal in their thinking and morals,) or their life experiences. For example, I can see how if a person got hurt enough by someone of the opposite sex one too many times and always had negative encounters with them, that this could alter their mindset and make them more comfortable with their same sex, since usually it is the same gender that consoles their friend when they are emotionally hurt like that. (For example: Say that when a woman is younger, she was abused as a child by her father, and then after that she encounters relationships with men who cheat on her and break her heart and when she is consoled by her best friend, she associates her sex with comfort and better treatment, so they turn to them.)

I may be wrong and it may be nature as in, you are born with a gene or a hormone that makes you gay. Like I said, I don’t know much about it but I’m willing to learn and the scientific community is still trying to discover what makes a person more prone to being gay.

So I’m not saying that the moment you turned 5 you decided to become gay, but I tend to feel as though sometime after that (you said you were about 13 when you first really noticed it,) that you made a decision to be gay. I honestly tend to agree with the individual above who states that you choose who to love. It’s not something involuntary. On some level, whether one is aware of it or not, that person is technically choosing their partner or significant other when they date.

But like I said, I might be wrong and I’m not gay so I don’t have much in the way of experience. All I can do is listen and learn from those going through it and scientists to understand it.

(Coming from a bi atheist)

You don’t choose who or what sex you’re attracted to. Whether or not you act on it is a choice.

I’m all for gay marriage, personally don’t know why anyone would want to get married, except to have legal rights for certain things. That’s what gays want.
    They want the same rights, and they should have them.

There should not be anything to do with religion in the law and it’s as simple as that.

Also, I wish Christians would remember that the bible was written by a human being. Not God, or Jesus, or whatever the hell they believe in.

We’re all going to die eventually so why not spread LOVE while we’re here.

The bible and nature clearly state that marriage is between a man and a woman, and homosexuality is a sin. As a Christian, I do NOT support gay marriage. HOWEVER, the bible also says that all sin are equal. I know I sin; we all do. So, I have no right to judge those who are gay, because I myself, am imperfect. I am willing to lovingly accept gays just like everyone else. Besides, their decision to be gay is between them and God. I am not judging them in the end. So if it does not directly affect me, why should it matter to me? I will continue to love people of all kinds, even though I do not support gay marriage. Hate the sin, love the sinner, right?

We’re all going to die eventually so why not spread LOVE while we’re here.

One’s decision to not support gay marriage is not bringing religion into politics… it’s simply saying they do not support gay marriage. And besides, before you make statements on the bible, read up on it. Because although the bible was physically written by humans, the writers are inspired. Meaning that God himself sends the message across, but the writer has the freedom to put his own flair on the actual writing. So yes, the bible does come directly from God.

“One’s decision to not support gay marriage is not bringing religion into politics…”

I was saying that gays should not not be allowed to marry because of a book.

And like I stated, I am atheist, I do not believe in any god, therefore I do not believe god can “send messages across”.
    I will not “read up” on the bible, not because I am ignorant, but because I believe it is brainwashing bullsh*t.

Again, the bible is a book, written by a human being.

What does nature have to do with marriage?
    Nature says reproduction is between man and woman. Not love.

Homosexuality is a sin, yes, but like you said, we all sin. Every one sins. Probably every day. And where did “sin” come from?
    Where did the rules come from?
    Everything leads back to the book, written by a human being.

Again, the bible is a book, written by a human being.

What does nature have to do with marriage?
    Nature says reproduction is between man and woman. Not love.

Where did the rules come from?
    Everything leads back to the book, written by a human being.

You obviously totally disregarded my reply to you. Like I said before, read up on the bible if you’re trying to have a logical conversation with me about it.

There is no way to have a logical conversation with someone who believes in something without any facts or proof.

The bible? Yes.

Nature? Get the fuck out. There’s enough research and facts available, that it is in fact natural, even if it doesn’t lead to procreation.

• egpuzgc

BUCcmD joplljqhxbls, [url=http://xxzgcjxaugfn.com/]xxzgcjxaugfn[/url], [link=http://cvnyepbdcmcm.com/]cvnyepbdcmcm[/link], http://xrwqtbbgkgzp.com/

Jun 26, 2013 @ 07:52 pm

(Coming from a bi atheist)

They want the same rights, and they should have them.

We’re all going to die eventually so why not spread LOVE while we’re here.
    ____________________________________

I will spread LOVE as I intended to. To be mean or hurtful to gays was never my intention. (I do hope you realize that there are multiple Christians on this post other than myself.)

I will ignore the rude tone of your comment and say that yes, the Bible was written by people. It was written by PROPHETS who DIRECTLY TRANSLATED IT VERBATUM FROM GOD. In this way, God was able to perform His works and carry out his message through them. Please do some more reading before insulting a religion that you clearly don’t understand.

I believe it is brainwashing bullsh*t.
    _________________________________

Hey, hey, hey there!

Were you not just the one that said something about “spreading love?”

That was short-lived……

_____________________________________

Faith is believing in what the eyes cannot see. There is plenty of proof that Biblical events did happen, including Great Flood Stories that spread across more than 70 cultures. A tablet was recently uncovered in Pakistan detailing the fact that Israel is the rightful home of the Jews and the life of King David. It also gives a clear, exact location of all events in the Bible. The oldest ancient city, Eridu, constructed in 5000B.C. has shown startling evidence that the Garden of Eden could have once grown there due to the contents of it’s soil deposits and the pottery shards found there from Sumerian people. The Shroud of Turin was discovered not long ago (in case you didn’t know, that is the shroud that Jesus’s body was wrapped in after he was taken off of the cross and buried in a cave and it is a Jewish burial ritual) and scientists have been unable to explain why an image of Jesus has appeared on it as a marker of his presence. Cunieform (or ancient writings) have clearly demonstrated monotheism (or the belief in a single diety and creator) and several words that point to the Bible such as “Adam” and “Eden.”

A lot of research and evidence does exist. You just haven’t searched for it because you want to deny the Bible’s significance and truth. If you truly believe the Bible and believe in God though, you shouldn’t need to reinforce this belief through physical evidence or proof. You just know. You feel it. Perhaps you do not because you haven’t allowed God to enter your heart. However, I assure you, once you do, you’ll never be the same again. (In a good way.)

He looks really great in that white tee !

• Aspen

WHY must you continue to insist that we “CHOOSE” to be gay?

LIKE YOU TOTALLY CHOSE TO BE STRAIGHT, RIGHT?

• yyopspxhthz

PV7XvY ctkvqftstekf, [url=http://bdnevoxtmgdk.com/]bdnevoxtmgdk[/url], [link=http://hgykdajsvgqq.com/]hgykdajsvgqq[/link], http://qbizdguvmvzb.com/

• Ijustneedyounow

Jun 26, 2013 @ 01:25 pm

Jun 26, 2013 @ 01:04 pm

well how god is going to judge them is not anything you have to worry about if you live your life so perfectly according to the bible (oh and doesn’t the bible tell you not to judge? -so much for not picking out parts of the bible that you like)

Yes, the church Nick attends does not support gay marriage. However, Nick is smart enough to recognize that he can’t push his religion’s beliefs on the legal rights of others.

Umm we’re not talking about people’s personal beliefs and whether they agree with gay marriage or not. We’re talking about the law saying two people cannot get married because they are of the same sex which is not right because the justice system is no place for religion nor is it a place for the belief of oppressing those who have done no wrong. Love should not be illegal.

Well maybe if you guys stopped sticking your noses in other people’s business and stopped oppressing people then maybe you guys wouldn’t be “persecuted”.

Ugh.. pandering.

Nick is a hypocritical man.

In that case, let’s ban divorce for straight people… since the bible is against it, and you can’t just rewrite it to your liking.

• Ijustneedyounow

Jun 26, 2013 @ 01:30 pm

———————-
    I FOUND A SANE PERSON ON OCEANUP!!! … do i get a cockie as a reward? :)

• boystan

——————

Well, you should because none of us all of the sudden decide to be gay. I was born gay, was never attracted to girls, always attracted to guys. And even, when i was 13, i tried to deny it because it felt so wrong and that’s not what i wanted for myself and made myself think it was gonna change. But it didn’t and i slowly started to accept the fact that that’s who i always was. So, i came out September of last year and everyone who’s close to me accepted me with open arms.

You’re being ridiculous… A president making the personal choice, not to say the words “under god” is in no shape or form “oppression”.

You’re being hysterical.

The bible also says that sex before marriage is bad.

• Ijustneedyounow

Jun 26, 2013 @ 01:40 pm

I’m starting to really like this post :)

• boystan

when was that picture taken? it looks it’s pretty new, but his hair looks different, he is beautiful
    ia

Why can’t everybody just love everybody

it’s true, the bible says its a sin to have sex before marriage and it’s a sin to have sex with someone your own sex, but it also says that it’s ok to have 20 wives. I’m a Christian because I believe in God and I truly believe Jesus came to the earth to save us and I love God, I go to the Church and I love listening to the Word but that doesn’t mean I agree 100% with what they say, because they’re human too! who are we to try to understand God’s mind or even judge others? just live, be a good person, respect people.

• BrokenArrow

I think people have the right to marry whoever they love :)

__________

You obviously didn’t read what I wrote. The bible is very specific about adultery, pre-marital sex and homosexuality. But what I’m saying is that you can’t make laws in the US according to religion, because we are NOT all Christian. Would people be happy if we started telling all the females to wear burkas cause some muslim law makers got in power? Separation of state is what this country was founded on. But where personal beliefs are concerned, if you are Christian, the bible is pretty clear about how your expected to behave. It’s up to you what you do with the info.

Stop saying you believe in the Bible. No one forces you to be a Christian

People have the right to believe in SOME things that the Bible says and to not believe in other things. I know gay people who are Christians. I myself am Christian and I support gay marriage, divorce, sex before marriage and the use of pills. However, I believe in God and I believe in Jesus and in all the story about him that the Bible tells. What I think is that, the Bible was written many, many, many centurys ago. In that time, gays, divorce, sex, everything was a taboo. If the Bible was written today, you can bet that it wouldn’t be against it now. Thing is Bible was written in a different society, and now our society is more liberal. I don’t take every word of the Bible as the “universal and pure truth” because I know that the prejudices and beliefs at that time were different. And yes, I am a Christian.

I think people have the right to marry whoever they love

Even animals??? lololololoo

• BangBang

Here’s the thing though: everyone who claims to be a Christian should know that the Bible is God’s word and that you shouldn’t just add or change a few things just because you don’t agree with it. Everyone knows by now that the Bible explicitly says that homosextuality is a sin. The Bible also says that every sin is as bad as any other sin so basically we’re all just sinners, no one is less of a sinner just because they’re gay. Add to that that in Romains Paul says that even though God gave us all these rules and regulations of not doing this or being that, God knows that we’re not capable of following all these rules. So instead of judging gay people we should just love them like any other person, cause at the end of the day whatever happens in someone’s life is their business and (if they are a Christian) between them and God. You don’t have to agree with someone’s lifestyle, but that doesn’t mean that we should start hating on people, instead we should just give a good example and try to be nice to one another.

BANDWAGONER!!!!

• GirlFromYourDreams

Religiously I’m in between on if homosexuality is a sin or not, I keep an open mind. I identify myself as a Christian and have read the Bible verses and heard the lectors on why other Christians think homosexuality is wrong. But I’ve also known many people that identify themselves as homosexual and I’ve seen them in love.

I guess I’m open at this point. I wouldn’t want to go through life alone and unhappy only to find out that in the after life I was suppose to be with a girl and I could of been happy.

And If I do find myself in a relationship with a girl and if I die and find out that God is 100% against homosexuality so be it. God will forgive me. Not saying that you should live a life of what ever you want because God will forgive you. But if I feel like I’m in love and happy I’ll give the relationship a shot.

I think God makes someone for everyone.

From a political standpoint I think Homosexual marriage should be legalized in the USA as well the world. In the USA in particular Thomas Jefferson wrote in the Declaration of Independence said that we should have “unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness”

If your happiness means you loving the same sex, so be it.

So sad that so many are ignorant about the bible and they profess to know so much. The bible is not a novel. It was written in two parts and it was mostly written by prophets. Prophets are those who god speaks through. You can’t change what they said and adjust it for your convenience cause you find it too hard NOT to sin. “lead us not into temptation”. That is your plea to God every day in “The Lord’s Prayer” to try to help keep you from sinning. It’s hard, I agree. But it’s your soul, not mine and I wish you luck. But you cannot rewrite the bible. It is what it is.

Christians are coming for Taylor. Crazy people.

Don’t forget that Joe is DATING a SATAN WORSHIPER. All her friends are SATAN WORSHIPERS. They make fun of Christians and Catholics on IG

LMAO BAHAHAHA I’m laughing XD

And I think you mean *WBC are coming for her.

• BangBang

indeed WBC, not Christians. Cause WBC should definitely not be identified as Christians.

It’s a sad day for the foundation of this country.

We just keep getting more and more liberal. Liberalism is associated with communism as well as socialism.

No one’s gonna be happy when the government has full power over all of us.

There’s a reason North America isn’t mentioned in Revelation. We’re going to destroy ourselves in the end.

WTF. Do NOT associate real, true Christians with the psychos over at Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka.

I live in Kansas City and they drive us nuts.

Why are they even picketing at Taylor’s concert? xD She’s Christian and so is Ed.

You’re being hysterical.
    _______________________________________

It is to those who believe in God.

_______________________________________________

Well I find that a bit strange since the average human being cannot recall the first four years of their life, being that they are a newborn or infant and therefore, have not developed the necessary cognitive development to either create or remember memories. I’m not trying to be rude, I just want to understand it.

If that is your personal decision, I’m not going to judge you, like I said, I have many friends who are gay whom I’ve accepted with open arms as well. They are the sweetest. I’m glad you feel more comfortable in your own skin now. That’s good to hear. (I still don’t agree with gay marriage, but I’ll let bygones be bygones and we can agree to disagree on that aspect of things.)

I still don’t agree with gay marriage, but I’m not about to act like those crazies of the Westboro Baptist Church. Those aren’t real Christians. They are radicals. God doesn’t hate anyone. God loves everyone, including me and you. It makes me sad and breaks my heart when I see and hear some of the things that they say, because that’s not God’s message or what Christianity is about. His message is about loving others.

____________________________

PREACH IT!!! AMEN!!

Remember when the boys did that church interview? Joe doesn’t go to church anymore.

____________________________________

To be honest, I don’t feel comfortable with calling two people of the same sex “married.” It just feels wrong to me. I was raised in an environment and in Christianity and the Bible directly states that marriage should be between a man and a woman. That’s probably why it feels so strange to me. I think it has to do with the altering of the definition of marriage. I guess I just have this fear sometimes that if we allow two homosexuals to be “married” then who is to say that Bob can’t marry his doll, or that Jill can’t marry her cat? That’s why. I know it sounds funny to some, but that’s honestly how I feel.

So I’m okay if it is called a “civil union” over a “marriage.” Not trying to offend anyone, just being honest in my opinions.

BangBang said:
    __________________________________

EXACTLY THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO ELUCIDATE!!

Thank you for stating that in such a simple and eloquent way. I agree 100%!!

This! God didn’t hang out with people like himself he hung out with the sinners and they were some of his closest friends for example: Peter, he had a bad mouth, cursed a lot and even cut some mans ear off. God doesn’t judge us as much as people do, he loves us all. We mess up and he understands.

We are ALL sinners and God doesn’t see one sin less or more than any other one.

The Westboro Baptist Church likes to mess with any and everyone, whether you’re a Christian or not, they definitely ARE NOT reading the same bible as me or any other sane Christian because they are bullies to the fullest.

O course he’ll stand up for his rights!!! People!!

it is because His Brother Joe is Gay,

He just did it because Demi did it and Christian people started hating on her, he is such a good friend, he is the best person ever.

He is so hot it’s not even legal.

why do gay people wanna get married?

no you wrong i think nick is gay not joe sorry

I’m reading but all I can think about is how flawless Nick is, I don’t care about the rest.

• boystan

Yay Nick and I can get married now.

I’m glad Nick has gone from being agaisnt gays to being open about it. Must have been Michael Urie (No sarcasm at all) and being on Broadway with gay people that changed his views. :)

interesting to see such educated and civil comments from people on OU. i never wouldve expected lol. I personally think gay marriage is a non-issue. i dont see why it was illegal in the 1st place. marriage is a legal contract and all people should be protected equally under secular law. i dont think churches and religious institutions should be forced to marry a same sex couple, but legally they should get rights. people who argue about the “Sanctity” of marriage confuse me…we live in a world where the divorce rate is 50%, hugh hefner marries a woman young enough to be his granddaughter, and we have shows like the bachelor. marriage lost its sanctity many moons ago lol. secular marriage is nothing but a legal contract and gays should be able to enjoy the benefits of that contract.

now me personally, i dont think being gay is
    “normal” like the media portrays. my cousin is gay. i have gay co-workers and friends whom i respect and value as people. but i liked the person who compared it to smoking…i dont smoke and think its disgusting but im not going to hate all people who smoke and harass them. its their life. so while i dont personally condone homosexuality as normal and acceptable, im not going to shun gays or treat them any differently.

• boystan

———————————-

It is not a decision. As cliche as it sounds or w/e, i was born that way.
    You people obviously don’t understand, it’s something you cannot control.

He says he’s okay with gays but his church has things like this out there http://sot.ag/BSYD/
    HE IS SO FUCKING FAKE. Why do you people believe anything he says? it’s all just about selling albums.