The Nick Jonas Workout featured in Men’s Fitness. Check out the exclusive workout that got Nick Jonas big and ripped. What was the secret formula to Nick Jonas’ fitness success? We tracked down his trainer, Gregg Miele, for the go-to route that got him big and ripped. Reps: 8-15 each exercise
1. Quad Mill Eccentric Squats Stand on platform in its lowest position with feet shoulder-width apart. Allow your body to move naturally through a squatting motion with the platform, making sure your head does not change levels. A regular squat works if there is no Quad Mill.
2. Pullup with Grip Variations Hang from a pullup bar with palms-down grip, squeeze your glutes and cross your legs behind you, and pull your shoulder blades down and back.
This is the start position. Pull yourself up so your collarbone is in line with the bar and slowly lower yourself back down to the start position. Change your grip each round.
3. Prowler Push Load up a Prowler sled and push it with straight arms, driving your toes into the floor.
4. Renegade Overhead Press Place one end of a barbell in a landmine station, load up the other end, and outfit it with a renegade attachment. Perform shoulder presses with your hands facing each other. Dumbbells also work for this.
5. Tyler Grip Dumbbell Curl Variations* Outfit a pair of dumbbells with Fat Gripz (a towel wrapped around the handle works, too). Holding the dumbbells at your sides, keep your upper arms stationary and curl the weight.
6. VertiMax Lifts Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart on a VertiMax station and reach across your body with your right hand and grasp the resistance band by your left foot, right thumb pointing backward. Keep your arm straight and raise it so that it ends up next to your right ear, thumb pointed backward. Repeat on the opposite side. Standing on a resistance band works as well.
7. Jacob’s Ladder Set up in a Jacob’s Ladder and climb for 200 feet. Repeat for three rounds