The man arrested outside of Kendall Jenner’s Hollywood Hills home in August has been found not guilty of stalking the reality star. Despite Kendall being granted a five-year restraining order against the man, a jury sided with the defense on Monday. The man was, however, convicted of misdemeanor trespassing and faces up to six months in jail.
Kendall’s attorney said the the accused man had been tracking her location for nearly 15 months before his arrest. “I definitely don’t feel safe in my own house anymore,” Kendall said in court. The man’s defense attorney argued that Kendall and her lawyer were using the celebrity status to seek a proper conviction. “He wants you to be star-struck,” the man’s lawyer said.
In court, a forensic psychiatrist testified that Kendall’s accused stalker was delusional and tracking down Kendall was a manifestation of his mental illness. The accused man’s mother testified that her son had refused to take his meds before disappearing months before the incident outside of Kendall’s home.
The man will be sentenced on the trespassing charge November 10.
(Photo credit: Kendall Jenner Instagram account)