Xiaomi has officially announced its new powerful Flagship smartphone ‘Xiaomi Redmi Pro‘. It was in leak and rumors for weeks now. It will be up for pre-order from August 6th in China. Packed in a brushed metal body, the new Redmi Pro comes out of the box with latest MIUI 8 which is based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. It is a Dual SIM smartphone with Hybrid slots where you can also use MicroSD card in second slot. The phone features an amazing 5.5 inch Full HD OLED 2.5D curved glass display with up to 100% NTSC color gamut, 60000:1 contrast ratio and 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution.
The main highlight of Redmi Pro is its Dual rear camera setup which is 13 Megapixel with PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX258 sensor accompanied by a secondary 5 Megapixel camera having Samsung sensor for achieving depth of field and real-time background blur. While the front facing camera is 5 Megapixel for capturing Selfies and video calling. (Also Check Xiaomi Mi Notebook Air laptop)
Check the Camera Sample Pictures take by Xiaomi Redmi Pro:
Xiaomi has also provided a Fingerprint sensor adding extra security to the device. As per processing unite, the phone comes in different variants. That makes the difference in their prices also. And they are as follows:
- The standard Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant – 1499 yuan $225 or Rs. 15,100 approximately.
- The high-end Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X25, 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant – 1699 yuan $255 or Rs. 17,150 approximately.
- The high-end Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X25, 4GB RAM and 128GB storage variant – 1999 yuan $300 or Rs. 20,200 approximately.
At such processing power we just can’t doubt about the performance at all. All the variants also have Mali-T880 GPU making it much better for HD gaming and video output. Apart from the internal storage, we can also expand them all up to 128GB using microSD card.
In terms of connectivity, the new Redmi Pro supports 4G VoLTE which you can also use it with Reliance Jio. Other standard connectivity options are 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (2.4 / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS and USB Type-C. Xiaomi has backed up the phone with 4050mAh battery with fast charging support. It will be available in Gold, Silver and Gray color choices.
Xiaomi Redmi Pro Specifications:
- MIUI 8 based Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- Fingerprint sensor
- 5.5 inch Full HD OLED 2.5D curved glass display, up to 100% NTSC color gamut, 60000:1 contrast ratio
- 1920 x 1080 pixels resolution
- Deca-Core MediaTek Helio X20 / Helio X25 processor
- 3GB RAM with 32GB / 3GB RAM with 64GB storage / 4GB RAM with 128GB storage
- Expandable up to 128 GB using MicroSD card
- 13 Megapixel rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX258 sensor along with a 5 Megapixel secondary camera with Samsung sensor
- 5 Megapixel front facing camera
- 4G VoLTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac/b/g/n (2.4 / 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.0, GPS + GLONASS and USB Type-C
- 4050mAh battery with fast charging