As per schedule, Xiaomi today launched ‘Xiaomi Redmi 3S‘ and ‘Xiaomi Redmi 3S Prime’ in India. The phones are very impressive in specifications as well as battery at the budget friendly price. The only difference between both the phones is just RAM and storage. The Redmi 3S comes with 2GBRAM/16GB storage while the Prime variant has 3GB RAM/32GB storage. Rest all specifications are exactly same.
Talking about the prices and availability, Redmi 3S will be available from August 19th at the price of Rs. 6,999/- And the Redmi 3S Prime will be available earlier from August 9th priced at Rs. 8,999/- Both the phones will be available exclusively via Flipkart and Mi.com in open sale. No regenerations required. Both these devices will be direct competition to Lenovo Vibe K5 Plus and Coolpad Note 3.
Coming to specifications, packed in Metal body Redmi 3S and 3S Plus are running on Android 6.0 Marshmallow based MIUI 7 and has Hybrid Dual SIM slot where you can also use expandable MicroSD card slot. They feature a 5 inch HD IPS display and are powered with Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor accompanied by Adreno 505 GPU.
Xiaomi has provided Fingerprint sensor at rear facing for extra security of the device and information stored on it. As per camera, we get 13 Megapixel primary shooter with PDAF, LED Flash and f/2.0 aperture at rear facing compatible to record up to Full HD 1080p videos. On the front facing we get 5 Megapixel Selfie camera with f/2.2 aperture which can also record 1080p videos.
Redmi 3S and 3S Prime support 4G VoLTE connectivity along with Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1 and GPS + GLONASS. Xiaomi has powered the phone with huge 4100mAh battery that can offer up to 2 days battery backup on moderate use.
Xiaomi Redmi 3S / 3S Prime Specifications:
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow based MIUI 7
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano / microSD) Support
- Fingerprint sensor
- 5 inch HD IPS display
- 1280 x 720 pixels resolution
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 ( 4 x 1.2 GHz Cortex A53 + 4 x 1.5 GHz Cortex A53) 64-bit processor
- Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB LPDDR3 RAM with 16GB (eMMC5.0) internal storage (Redmi 3S)
- 3GB LPDDR3 RAM with 32GB (eMMC5.1) internal storage (Redmi 3S Prime)
- Expandable up to 128GB using microSD card
- 13 Megapixel rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash and f/2.0 aperture
- 5 Megapixel front facing camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 1080p Full HD video recording
- 4G VoLTE, 3G, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS + GLONASS
- 4100mAh battery