WhatsApp Beta for Android now Supports Videos as GIFs
WhatsApp has added yet another very impressive feature to its Beta version for Android today that lets you now send your videos as GIF image. That’s correct. WhatsApp now supports GIF too. But it is in Beta version. Stable version users will need to wait for some more time.
For sending a GIF to any of your individual contact or in a group, you can record a new video or select existing video and send it as GIF. The process is quite simple and easy. But, as said, you must be having WhastApp version 2.16.242 or above which is only available for WhastApp Beta users. If you are a beta tester, update your app from PlayStore.
Here’s how to send GIF in WhastApp:
- Open a Chat or Group and tap the Attachment icon
- Tap Camera Icon to record a new video or Tap Gallery to select any existing video
- Record the video you want to send as GIF.
- Make sure the videos is maximum 6 seconds.
- Now on the Caption screen, tap the Video icon on the right top screen to change it to GIF.
- Add the caption if you want or leave it blank and Tap on Send.
That’s it. Your video will now be sent as GIF image. Note, that the recipient must too be a Beta tester to see it as GIF (until the feature is added to the stable release) or else he will see it as a Video itself. You can also download this GIF image on your desktop but it will be saved as MP4 file format.