People were disappointed with failure of Galaxy Note 7, but Samsung turned that all disappointments into excitements with the launch of its new Galaxy Note 8. The phone seems very familiar phone not just because it was leaked everywhere, because it’s pretty much picking up where the note 7 left off last year before all of its battery problem, no more explosive jokes! For some or many it’s boring but for other it’s pretty exciting because its 2017 version of last year’s phone which was already good and had a chance of being everyone’s favorite before the recall.
So there’s couple of main change to Note 8 that set in the place for this year, with new display and design upfront, new dual cameras on the back, some updated S-Pen features and new specs that’s the core happening here.
So the quickest place to start would definitely be specs:
- Qualcomm snapdragon 835
- 6GB RAM
- 3300 mAH battery
- Android 7.1 out of the box.
So right about what we all expect not the biggest battery in world, since they’re not pushing it to the absolute limit. But of course fast charging and wireless charging are onboard for those who use it. And then you have the slightly updated design with the new display, it’s a 6.3 Inch Super AMOLED quad HD display and it just looks incredible. You can see the thin bezel and slightly curved corner as the Samsung Galaxy S8 has. It’s a huge display and it’s a big phone too, but ofcourse thin bezel makes it feel like it fits in the same body size or the same footprint that’s not really much bigger at all than last year’s phone.
Its commendable that how reasonable this phone makes a 6.3 inch display look. Lot of people are concerned with the fingerprint scanner placement. If your hand are of normal size hand it will definitely be a different experience. The S-pen is also now improved, since this is a Note so anyone who uses it will definitely appreciate it. The tip is thinner to get noticed, it also has more levels of pressure sensitivity and in the software they’ve made improvements to all the stuff it works with.
My favorite new feature though in this Note is actually be able to launch two apps at once in split-screen with a single touch. In apps edge you can create an app pair like say YouTube and the browser for example and touching it launches them both side by side. This will make the split screen feature more fun.
If you’ve used an S8 or a Note7 you’ve seen this style and his look before, there’s not a big list of new feature with software, but that’s the way Samsung goes. So easily the biggest new headlining feature is the cameras on the back. Samsung Note8 is now rocking two 12-MP cameras, one with the normal wide angle lens and the other with the Telephoto lens with 2x optical zoom just like iPhone 7 Plus does. But the difference with these is they’re both optically stabilized.
So in theory it should work more often in low light. Samsung has tossed up pretty cool features to work. They have a little 1x and 2x button now to switch between lenses. Live Focus, which is just like Portrait mode, it moves to 2x telephoto lens and blurs the background, but then you can change the level of background blur live as the name applies and see how much you want to blur before you take the picture. We are really optimistic with this device.
Samsung Galaxy Note8 Specifications:
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat OS
- Hybrid Dual SIM Support
- 6.3 inch Quad HD+ Super AMOLED Infinity display with 522ppi, 18.5:9 aspect ratio
- 2960 × 1440 pixels resolution
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 processor with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM
- 64GB internal storage memory, Expandable up to 256GB using microSD card
- 12 Megapixel Dual Pixel rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.7 aperture, wide-angle lens, OIS, secondary 12MP camera with telephoto lens, f2.4 aperture, OIS, 2x optical zoom and up to 10x digital zoom
- 8 Megapixel auto focus front-facing camera with f/1.7 aperture and wide-angle lens
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Heart Rate Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Iris Sensor, Pressure Sensor
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), VHT80 MU-MIMO, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2Mbps), GPS with GLONASS, USB Type-C 3.1, NFC and MST
- 3300mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA)