Micromax had some time ago introduced the tablet Funbook Pro in India and the tablet is in fact an improved version compared to the earlier Micromax Funbook. FunbookPro is really catchy when it comes to the specification. It has a 1.2 GHz Cortex A8 processor, double the 400 GPU and the Android 4.0.0 Ice Cream Sandwich operating system running with 1GB DDR3 RAM- a combination that is played strongly for the Tablet PC.
The best thing is FunbookPro offers Tata Photon dongle for a nominal fee of Rs. 500 for which you will also have 2 GB of free data in the first two months (1 GB per month). You can use this to browse internet on your Tab.
And if you are not having any WiFi device nor 3G dongle and want to use normal Tata Photon dongle, then the following steps will help you in that purpose.
- Once you start your Funbook Pro, go to the Settings.
- You will find Wireless & Networks option over there, enter into it and tap on More.
- Connect USB Dongle using the Mini USB port cable and while doing this process ensure that you have turned off Wifi.
- You will see the checkbox mentioning 3G option. Tap on that checkbox so that 3G will turn on.
- Then tap on Mobile Networks. Once you get inside it, turn on options of Data Enabled and Data Roaming both.
- Later click on APN. Initially there will be no APN, so for creating click on setting icon and choose option New APN.
- For details you will have to call your Service Provider.
- After creating the APN successfully, tap on Save so that your information will be saved in device.
- Click OK to finalize it and once you come out “More” tap on the sphere located next to the APN name to activate it.
- Name the APN accordingly and then after sometime your device will configure everything.
- If everything is successful and you can see 3G icon on your main screen that confirms you are connected with Internet.